Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
US East would be best for any of us Euro players too
Are we using any of the mumble servers?

In on EU East as Ahdinko

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Allright. Once I'm not phone posting I'll do that. In the meantime any guild specifics or whatever can get added too since all that's there now are placeholders.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
When we start our guild we have to go rogue and our name has to be "Rogues Just Want To Have Fun" or "Goons Just Want To Have Fun", basically any Cyndi Lauper reference is acceptable.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

Ahdinko posted:

US East would be best for any of us Euro players too
Are we using any of the mumble servers?

In on EU East as Ahdinko

Yes, I am usually in Camping the Stairs Mumble. There is a Repopulation channel towards the bottom

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I'd have gone with One Goon, One World's Worth of Food. Still, 10k isn't much at all.

I don't see a Repopulation channel in CTS.

E: Its hidden away.

Anticheese fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 22, 2014

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

It's a channel within a channel. If you can't find it just make a new one.

Rancid Liverwurst
Jan 26, 2009
Alright. I'm on East Server, OWON faction as Liverwurst.

Anyone have a clue how to keep track of the SI points and how they work?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Short answer is they appear in your skills window as spendable on whatever skill you want as a boost. Long answer is more words than I would like to type here.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Rancid Liverwurst posted:

Alright. I'm on East Server, OWON faction as Liverwurst.

Anyone have a clue how to keep track of the SI points and how they work?

You go to SI station, click on skill, slider appears, use slider to invest SI points into a specific skill.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

SweetBro posted:

You go to SI station, click on skill, slider appears, use slider to invest SI points into a specific skill.

That's the short words here's the details more than anyone really needs to know

https://www.therepopulation.com/wiki/doku.php/skill_imprinting

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Cool combat tactics circle strafe on melee bases enemies.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
Goon Squad has been created as a Rogue nation on the East server. You will need to press "n" to view your nation tab and leave your current nation. After 5 minutes, send Rehab Submarine a tell and I'll invite you to our Nation.

Note: To send a tell, you need to do /tell Rehab Submarine, This is some message. Requires a comma in order to do it, which has thrown a few of us through loops.

Solvency fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 22, 2014

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

NDA is lifted we can post pics now for an idiots guide to something complicated.

Vespsianus
Nov 29, 2014

Even Gramps is better at internet wizardry than you whippersnappers this shitlord.

:gitgud:
Just downloaded on Steam and I get 'Failed to Contact Key Server'

Is the game down right now or do I have some other problem?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Vespsianus posted:

Just downloaded on Steam and I get 'Failed to Contact Key Server'

Is the game down right now or do I have some other problem?

I'd hit their message boards since most of us went through the client based on the hero engine website. Issue a steam support ticket if it's all jammed up.

Vespsianus
Nov 29, 2014

Even Gramps is better at internet wizardry than you whippersnappers this shitlord.

Does this game have the worst quest location help of any mmo ever or am I missing something big.

In the starting city I have maybe 10 quests. A few have the arrows at the edge of the minimap, but as you move toward them they disappear or jump 180 degrees. Mousing over every dot on either map does not reveal the dudes I'm supposed to find nor are they on the list when I hit Track. How are you supposed to find these guys?

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

The minimap is pretty much the worst, you're not missing anything

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Boy the steam version seems kind of janky. I deleted my client to redownload the steam version but I guess it patches or something during a load screen cause it just sits on the splash screen for the game after selecting a server.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

The entire game is super janky. For a massive performance increase I recommend forcing v-sync through your driver control panels.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

randombattle posted:

Boy the steam version seems kind of janky. I deleted my client to redownload the steam version but I guess it patches or something during a load screen cause it just sits on the splash screen for the game after selecting a server.

Where do you get the key for the steam version?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Looks like https://www.therepopulation.com/index.php/early-adopter/my-pledges

When you can, donate cash to the goon nation. We need another 37,000 spacebux.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Just a heads up for people that are questing or trying to, NPC's can be killed and you'll need to wait for them to respawn. Also I'll toss my space bucks over when I get back from work.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

taking screen shots in this game is a bitch

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Tempus Thales posted:

Where do you get the key for the steam version?

On the repopulation website you can request a steam key in the same spot as your old key. It has to be activated same as the first and apparently there's a limited number though I got one immediately.

Rearden
Nov 28, 2012

Losers
Average
Losers
So... Is this game actually fun? All the comparisons to SWG have me intrigued yet dubious.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Rearden posted:

So... Is this game actually fun? All the comparisons to SWG have me intrigued yet dubious.

Do you enjoy crafting? Right now that's the primary area that this game succeeds in right now, in my opinion.

Combat can be pretty fun when you have a group, but it's still pretty standard MMO click a button and you attack.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Solvency posted:

Combat can be pretty fun when you have a group, but it's still pretty standard MMO click a button and you attack.

Most of the enemies we've faced so far are monsters or melee. So we kite or strafe to move. You can dance around some of the stuff and dodge roll. The nice thing is you can revive on field as long as you have the skill. I'd suggest getting it first go in the tutorial or as soon as your out in the main city.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Also one player who is upset we killed them in their tiny fort they built

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!
Boy I kickstarted this in its first round i forgot this game existed. Lets see what kind of crap I paid into :getin:

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Save your money and buy a hover bike. Then if you want give it to our illustrious guild to make a city which we will lose to some nerds who already declared war on us

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

There is currently a bug where sometimes NPCs just spam chat until they reboot the area. This makes any sort of communication basically impossible.

Vespsianus
Nov 29, 2014

Is there any sort of self heal? I have the med scanner and bandages and the bandage skill but they don't seem to work on self.

Also, when Plymouth City quests become mostly repeats should I take that shuttlle or is there somewhere I should just run to?

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014
The med scanner totally should work on yourself assuming you target yourself. I can't remember if bandages do too just because I ran out of the item to use.

As for missions apparently the ones further away from the starting area pay much better, at least according to some guy on the repop forums, so i assume it's worth looking in the contested areas for missions.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!
Contested areas usually yield combat-only missions unless its in the same area as OWON/FPR base. Bandages DO work on you, unfortunately you have to target yourself first then use them.

The Big D
Oct 3, 2002
I hope I have as much fun playing as i did making the character. Interesting how stealth hides my armor.. and skin.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Solvency posted:

There is currently a bug where sometimes NPCs just spam chat until they reboot the area. This makes any sort of communication basically impossible.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Solvency posted:

Holy poo poo I thought this was an swg screenshot

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

THE PWNER posted:

Holy poo poo I thought this was an swg screenshot

holy poo poo you still have that avatar I gave you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Now you idiots are building cities and I want to come back into the alpha just to loving look.

• Locked thread