Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

The Afc is so boring. Pats Ravens Steelers Colts Broncos almost always. Wow such parity
parity in the NFL is the most overblown thing. baseball and hockey are better at it

meanwhile over half the teams in the NFL make the playoffs every year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Y-Hat posted:

parity in the NFL is the most overblown thing. baseball and hockey are better at it

meanwhile over half the teams in the NFL make the playoffs every year

32 teams in the NFL
12 make the playoffs
"Over half"

I can't speak for Hockey but NFL does generally have much higher parity than baseball. In addition it is easier for bad teams to become good in the NFL than other sports.

The main issue is that 3 of those AFC teams have some of the greatest QB's to ever play the game and a bunch of their divisional rivals are run by super idiots each with the power of 5 imbeciles.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

yeah i phrased that poorly. i meant to say that over half of the teams that make the playoffs in a given year are the usual suspects. god bless the NFC East- four winners in four years

i don't know if the Giants will be good next year, but if they have Cruz and Beckham healthy the whole year, they will definitely be fun to watch

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Y-Hat posted:

yeah i phrased that poorly. i meant to say that over half of the teams that make the playoffs in a given year are the usual suspects. god bless the NFC East- four winners in four years

i don't know if the Giants will be good next year, but if they have Cruz and Beckham healthy the whole year, they will definitely be fun to watch

I hope Eli Manning becomes a human/goomba hybrid from the Mario Bros movie. Dumbface personified.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

also what the gently caress is happening to the devils

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the fact that the cowboys are this year's NFL surprise team confuses and angers me. at least i've gotten used to the Patriots doing well every year- if the Cowboys stay good i wouldn't like that

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Dallas Fagboys

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

The Dallas Fagboys
faggirls*

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

zen death robot posted:

11-4 Dallas, what is going on in this crazy world? I'm still going to assume one and done in the playoff until proven otherwise.

Sick gem

Myrmomancer
May 31, 2014

zen death robot posted:

11-4 Dallas, what is going on in this crazy world? I'm still going to assume one and done in the playoff until proven otherwise.

Y-Hat posted:

if the Cowboys stay good i wouldn't like that

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

The Dallas Fagboys

Goddamn, am I glad to see so many right things about the Cowboys

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's a win-win for Cowboys fans. Either the Cowboys go deep in playoffs and we can laugh at all of you, or the Cowboys gently caress it up and we go back to drowning ourselves in booze in a sad sports daze, like at the beginning of the season.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
a fan of the cowboys? put a bullet in your head numbnuts

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

zen death robot posted:

i do not blindly like the cowboys, its a family tradition to cheer for them but i'm also a huge critic of them in general

That's good - but you're going to have to kill your family.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

every team in the NFC east should be erased from the earth

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

zen death robot posted:

i do not blindly like the cowboys, its a family tradition to cheer for them but i'm also a huge critic of them in general

i can understand that, buy woooo boy do i hate those fags

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Jackie D posted:

No

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jackie D posted:

Next you're going to claim that the Yankees should be removed from the MLB

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

zen death robot posted:

in a similar vein, i am a yankees fan but i have the mentality of a mets fan (read: self-loathing)

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Jackie D posted:

This guy gets it. It was great a season or two ago when all the NFCE teams were poo poo from the previous year, so we only had like 5 NFC east prime time games.

Compared to the billion we normally get.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

let's meet somewhere in the middle and just get rid of the redskins

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Has anyone been watching the cricket?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I also hate the cowboys, but not as much as I hate the patriots. I spend several hours daily in quiet contemplation of how I hate bill belicheck

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

I also hate the cowboys, but not as much as I hate the patriots. I spend several hours daily in quiet contemplation of how I hate bill belicheck
same here

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

zen death robot posted:

I don't know if they ever show that here to be honest

I'm sure you could find a stream. Day 4 begins in 2 hours & the action is heating up.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i just can't see myself getting into cricket. even my anglophile friend in high school preferred baseball to cricket

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i never watched cricket, but im not against watching it

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Pigskin

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Y-Hat posted:

i just can't see myself getting into cricket. even my anglophile friend in high school preferred baseball to cricket

If you like cool mind games then cricket is awesome.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If you like cool mind games then cricket is awesome.
i like baseball but a game typically lasts three hours, and i hear cricket is slower than even that. i don't know if i have the patience for that

i know there are different kinds of cricket though

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Congrats to the Eagles on their NFC East Championship

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Y-Hat posted:

i like baseball but a game typically lasts three hours, and i hear cricket is slower than even that. i don't know if i have the patience for that

i know there are different kinds of cricket though

A t 20 game is probably much more action packed than the average baseball game.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

lol the panthers won the NFC South with a 7-8-1 record and i'd still pick them to win over the Cardinals. god bless the nfl

Knuc U Kinte posted:

probably. there's a lot more ball-scratching by players and managers in baseball than there is actual action

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
baseball is an insanely boring game and that's coming from someone who played it for 14 years. congrats to the rams on another epic season

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

Congrats to the Eagles on their NFC East Championship
16-0 baby, show those '72 dolphins some whatfor

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Seahawks Supremacy

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Knuc U Kinte posted:

that's not saying a whole lot - i'm sure less goes on in an average half hour of baseball than in an average half hour of a test match...

cricket also has glenn "THE BIG SHOW" maxwell who manages to make himself look like a real bogan all of the time which is pretty great

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Somebody just said Xbox4 on the OU/Clemson game

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

lol suh got suspended against the cowboys. he'd probably break romo's spine if he played

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
hockey talk, world juniors on. germany can't score a goal. also USA vs CAN on the 31st.

tried to play nhl 09 on my desktop but it's poo poo, guess I'll have to get the xbox360 nhl 15. gently caress that, I hate fun.

I also hope for the hawks and pens to continue a run to the stanley cup, so the hawks can win and exorcise that demon from '92. I have that blackhawks vhs season recap, it makes me cry openly every time I watch.

also played 7 beer league holiday tournament hockey games in 3 days here and now I hibernate. till jan 2nd when I play again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Y-Hat posted:

lol suh got suspended against the cowboys. he'd probably break romo's spine if he played

An excuse to rig the game for a Cowboys win/lions loss - the absolute worst case scenario

• Locked thread