Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Speaking of Vic and Armadillo:

Dear E.N.

I was watching the end of season 2 episode 2 on the train and loving it, it hit credits, I look over and see that a 7 or so year old girl was rubbernecking me. So she saw in short order a burned out corpse, a dude in a thong, a dude getting his teeth knocked out with a book, and a dude getting his face severely burned, all with plenty of blood.

Have I ruined this girls childhood?

Love,

Arbite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Its not the worst thing a tviv poster has done to a 7 year old, i wouldnt sweat it.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Fetus Tree posted:

Its not the worst thing a tviv poster has done to a 7 year old, i wouldnt sweat it.

Holy poo poo

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fetus Tree posted:

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

A late entry for post of the year 2014 right here.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The Shield is amazing and the finale is the amazingest

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Fetus Tree posted:

:vince:

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Someone I know and respect bought her son SAMCRO footie pajamas.

:smith: and a little bit of :wtc:

Call CPS.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fetus Tree posted:

:thurman:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Fetus Tree posted:

:drat:

ComputerNinja
Aug 8, 2003
What?
Pork Pro
Can someone post that gif of Jax browalking into that movie deal, where he reverses out? I've been scrolling through this thread trying to find it, but no luck.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
that was an amazing gif.

honestly, it would be the best part of this thread except the pure amount of incredulity at the actual show.

like when the dove got run over.

also, requesting gif of that.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Fetus Tree posted:

that was an amazing gif.

honestly, it would be the best part of this thread except the pure amount of incredulity at the actual show.

like when the dove got run over.

also, requesting gif of that.

Here's a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1dPO-M9ZeE

And to think I thought Sutter couldn't get any more hamfisted with his imagery than that.....

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Season 3 was awesome on a rewatch, although that might just be because I know how bad things get.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Junkenstein posted:

Here's a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1dPO-M9ZeE

And to think I thought Sutter couldn't get any more hamfisted with his imagery than that.....

*leaves bread and wine in the foreground of a shot as characters walk away*

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Fetus Tree posted:

You guys, this thread was totally worth it.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Fetus Tree posted:

voted 5, unbookmarked, we're done

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Narcissus1916 posted:

Justified's first season is an odd duckling, really only previewing what the show would become in the back half.

But season 2 is immaculate, both in terms of its structure and humor.

Well, this is good to hear. I'm home sick today and decided to finally watch the drat show since people in this thread never seem to shut up about it :)

I'm literally 8 minutes into the 2nd episode where he's having Ava's (fitting she was married to a Neo-Nazi) ex drive to county.

WAY too early for me to comment on it, but so far I don't hate it. I think I need to get to know Mr. Bullock's character a little more.

BGrifter posted:

You all convinced me. Firing up Justified on Netflix and curling up on the couch with my PS Vita.
I didn't see it on Netflix instant stream? Did you? I'm streaming from Amazon Prime.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Shadow posted:

I didn't see it on Netflix instant stream? Did you? I'm streaming from Amazon Prime.

Yeah, it's not on Netflix anymore.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I'm on episode 5. The last one was with Cameron as a dentist on the run. I think this episode and the (building I hope) dynamic between Bullock and Rachel (black chick partner) is getting me into this show.

Justified is such a great name for this show. I know it's early but something tells me the season finale is going to have a case of him NOT being justified or whatever. No need to spoil, just at theory.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Shadow posted:

Yeah when I went to check for it the show was gone. Annoying.

Maybe I'll rewatch The Shield or something.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

BGrifter posted:

A good plan! At least a better plan than robbing an Armenian money train.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

BGrifter posted:

If you're not using some method to access other countries' content, you're doing Netflix wrong.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Junkenstein posted:

If you're not using some method to access other countries' content, you're doing Netflix wrong.

Meh, never got around to bothering. It's not like I lack for things to half-watch while playing games. I figure if I ever get bored enough I'll set up a VPN and access American Netflix. For now I've got more TV than I could possibly watch unless I found myself suddenly unemployed and independently wealthy for a year.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

BGrifter posted:

Meh, never got around to bothering. It's not like I lack for things to half-watch while playing games. I figure if I ever get bored enough I'll set up a VPN and access American Netflix. For now I've got more TV than I could possibly watch unless I found myself suddenly unemployed and independently wealthy for a year.

It's on Amazon Prime if you have Prime.

PM'd

Edit:

Also, on episode 7. I think I'm starting to love this show.

Shadow fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 30, 2014

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

BGrifter posted:

The Shield is so brutal - I tried rewatching it but couldn't.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I couldn't understand why my wife was so eager to rewatch the Shield but then I discovered she couldn't remember Family Meeting

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
The main thing to take away from Justified: You'll never leave Harlan alive.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i like the opening credits, theyre usually pretty well placed in a given scene

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Fetus Tree posted:

I like that shoddy dog that barks while the guy says "pissed off, who wants some". He's cool.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

I forgot we were talking about justified, and was thinking about SoA's opening montage.

When was it ever mentioned that happy tattoos a face for every kill?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Justified's best strength is how well populated Harlan. Even the bit characters who only get two scenes in one episode are given motivation, traits, a particular vernacular - this is a show that never wastes a guest star.

Its also a show that tries out different things every year - season 1 is close to a crime procedural, season 2 moves towards an almost Breaking Bad-styled sense of structure, season 3 is loose and fun and energetic, season 4 is a longform mystery, and season five is all over the place.

Not everything the show does works, but its not afraid to take risks.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

I forgot we were talking about justified, and was thinking about SoA's opening montage.

At the very least the beginning of season 7 but it might have been mentioned earlier.

The "Men of Mayhem" patch, was that a rank in the club or a symbol that the wearer is a heavy hitter that has murdered for the club?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

At the very least the beginning of season 7 but it might have been mentioned earlier.

See, that's where I first heard of it, too. And it's sort of alluded to in the intro.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

I think after he kills Alvarez's son at the churro cart there is a montage that includes happy getting a new face tattooed. Someone might also make an off handed comment about it after happy volunteers to execute the revenge hit.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Narcissus1916 posted:

Justified's best strength is how well populated Harlan. Even the bit characters who only get two scenes in one episode are given motivation, traits, a particular vernacular - this is a show that never wastes a guest star.

Its also a show that tries out different things every year - season 1 is close to a crime procedural, season 2 moves towards an almost Breaking Bad-styled sense of structure, season 3 is loose and fun and energetic, season 4 is a longform mystery, and season five is all over the place.

Not everything the show does works, but its not afraid to take risks.

I can't believe I'm at episode 12 now and I can fully agree that the guest appearances and even sidebar characters have a lot of depth to them. For example, T-Bone, even his wife. Also Wynn Duffy, and even his henchman boxer dude who creamed T-Bone.

It's 11 now so I may be able to finish the season out without sacrificing too much sleep before work tomorrow.

All in all, Justified S1 has been a great way of dealing with a sick-day. :)

Thanks to all you fine goons who wouldn't shut up about it throughout this thread. In fact, this thread may also have me try out The Shield. Missed that boat when it left the dock. I've heard the Wire is amazing as well but for some reason I'm always reluctant to start it. It's not so much I'm worried that it may not live up to all the hype, but it's just something about it that always has me going "Later" whenever I pass it on HBOGO or whatever.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Oh man, I envy you, watching the Shield for the first time.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Oh man, I envy you, watching the Shield for the first time.

New thread title: "Sons of Anarchy: Finally over so we can watch good shows"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I'm currently about halfway through season 3 of Justified in my rewatch.

"You mean I had four kidneys!?"

:allears:

• Locked thread