Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I'm using P4MC and have P3MC as a party member. P4 seems a lot less useful. Chie and Kanji poo poo out physical damage, naoto has the instant death, healing and statuses, P3 has very strong magic, healing and support.

I've been using P4 just to hit weaknesses then do a party wide buff or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Man "if at first you don't succeed, kill the FOE" is absolutely the most exciting puzzle option. I got stuck on one of the dolls on floor 3 of dungeon 3 and just said gently caress this and fought one. Barely made it out, shoutouts to dog and bolt link.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I'm using P4MC and have P3MC as a party member. P4 seems a lot less useful. Chie and Kanji poo poo out physical damage, naoto has the instant death, healing and statuses, P3 has very strong magic, healing and support.

I've been using P4 just to hit weaknesses then do a party wide buff or something.

Yeah, the P4 protagonist is weaker in almost every way, including his exclusive skill

The one advantage he has is the lightning weakness is the most common in the game it seems. A lot of stuff is weak to elec stuff.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, the P4 protagonist is weaker in almost every way, including his exclusive skill

The one advantage he has is the lightning weakness is the most common in the game it seems. A lot of stuff is weak to elec stuff.

P4MC has better resistances than P3MC, too. Doesn't really make up for his terrible stat spread, though.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
So when do I get to have six party members in my group? I see I have six slots overall, so I assume I can upgrade it at some point?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So when do I get to have six party members in my group? I see I have six slots overall, so I assume I can upgrade it at some point?

No, you only get five. There six slots because 2/3 or 3/2 are both options.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

The Grimace posted:

If I could figure out how to get a QR code from my 3DS to imgur, I have a kick rear end Attis for navigators. :( Mylaptop can't take SD cards though (it's about six years old) and I don't know of another way to connect...

There's an option under "Create QR Code" to save the image file to the SD card.

Then you go to that 3DS Screenshot Uploader and upload it to twitter or whatever.

WrightOfWay posted:

P4MC has better resistances than P3MC, too. Doesn't really make up for his terrible stat spread, though.

P3MC is weak to Dark.

That's real bad on Risky, since quite a few FOEs, bosses and even random encounters like to use Ma-Mudo.

You can stock up on Homunculi, but blegh.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I a little confused on when this takes place on the P3 side. Maybe I'm just misremembering, but I thought Chidori didn't get hospitalized until after Shinjiro died.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Butt Ghost posted:

I a little confused on when this takes place on the P3 side. Maybe I'm just misremembering, but I thought Chidori didn't get hospitalized until after Shinjiro died.

IIRC she is hospitalized pretty early in, because she makes a move on the group alone.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

There's six slots because the design philosophy behind Etrian Odyssey is so that you always feel like you're missing a party member. :v:

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

A lot of stuff is weak to elec stuff.

Including like half of your loving party members. :v:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Vengarr posted:

There's an option under "Create QR Code" to save the image file to the SD card.

Then you go to that 3DS Screenshot Uploader and upload it to twitter or whatever.

Thanks, googled this and it sounded like the best plan. Here you go, folks:

Attis, filled with Navigation skills, including the one that regenerates SP as you walk.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I've just got to the point where the P3 cast have joined me, but since I never played P3 I don't know which ones are good and which ones are lame. The party I was thinking of using is both protagonists, Chie, Naoto and Aigis, would that be good enough to get me through, assuming I got some healing powers on a couple of sub-Personas?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Dr Snofeld posted:

I've just got to the point where the P3 cast have joined me, but since I never played P3 I don't know which ones are good and which ones are lame. The party I was thinking of using is both protagonists, Chie, Naoto and Aigis, would that be good enough to get me through, assuming I got some healing powers on a couple of sub-Personas?

Aigis is a beast as is Naoto. Chie has physical attacks and a little ice, so she may be a bit redundant. I'd swap her out for Mitsuru.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Dr Snofeld posted:

This has been my exact setup and it has worked very well, although now that I'm post-55 I wish I could swap out p4 for kanji. Aegis with pain-eater and life wall makes phys enemies a joke and makes naoto much hardier, and nothing really does enough magic damage to hurt that beefy front line. Everyone buffs Chie, debuffs enemies, and two power-charged myriad arrows kills anything including FOEs since those 1000 damage crits go through resistances and Chie can easily be specced into a crit machine.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Aigis is a beast as is Naoto. Chie has physical attacks and a little ice, so she may be a bit redundant. I'd swap her out for Mitsuru.

Physicals are way better than magic, and Mitsuru only gets single-target magic anyway. Tentarafoo is cool but I feel like Yosuke pulls it off slightly better with his absurd Agility (even if his luck is horrid).

In any case I'd say Akihiko is the most well-rounded P4 member. Great Agility and decent enough in all other stats to do almost anything semi-competently. He won't hit as hard as Kanji/Shinjiro but otherwise he's good, even if his skills outside of (Ma-)tarunda are ehh.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

ApplesandOranges posted:

Physicals are way better than magic, and Mitsuru only gets single-target magic anyway. Tentarafoo is cool but I feel like Yosuke pulls it off slightly better with his absurd Agility (even if his luck is horrid).

In any case I'd say Akihiko is the most well-rounded P4 member. Great Agility and decent enough in all other stats to do almost anything semi-competently. He won't hit as hard as Kanji/Shinjiro but otherwise he's good, even if his skills outside of (Ma-)tarunda are ehh.

I saw that Chie learns Power Charge at like level 15 and I regret not having her in my team, but I'm going a magical route and living with it.

MC3/Akihiko/Junpei
Zen/Naoto

I think I got my bases covered with that line-up. Junpei's really solid, maybe moreso than he was in P3 itself.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Goin Gorilla

Listening to Laser Beam and it's lyrics has ruined me. I figured the Lyrics made no sense but monkeys and banana's what on earth.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Junpei is way, way better than he was in P3 because of Golden Gemini. In P3 he was bad.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

But you still have to level him to 55 to get it, right? Uggggh

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Man dungeon 3 is 2spooky. I got the heebie-jeebies something fierce when the FOE follows you between rooms.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Chie has physical attacks and a little ice, so she may be a bit redundant. I'd swap her out for Mitsuru.

Chie actually gets 0 ice attacks in Persona Q, even though that was her element in P4. She's pure physical. She's not the best physical fighter, but she comes with Power Charge so that's cool I guess.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I did the wedding scene for teddie, ken, and Koro. Teddie is the best

"Be gentle senpai"

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
"Society won't accept our love."

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Teddie is the only character who looks happy in the wedding pictures.

e: VVV Koro doesn't know what the hell is going on... I think.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 28, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sodium Chloride posted:

Teddie is the only character who looks happy in the wedding pictures.

Koro looks happy. But he's carrying you.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'm on the first floor of the 4th dungeon and I'm starting to get kind of bored with the game. What's the best way to cruise through everything and wrap it up?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

ApplesandOranges posted:

How redundant is it to use both Kanji and Akihiko in the same team?. I know folks keep saying you can get through just using who you like fine enough, but I don't want to make it harder for myself if I'd just picked someone else. I'll probably use P4MC/Yosuke/Kanji/Yukiko and I guess whoever would fill in those gaps. I'm open to anyone really, but I just like Akihiko's straight shooting bout punching things and he was real handy during P3

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Moltrey posted:

How redundant is it to use both Kanji and Akihiko in the same team?. I know folks keep saying you can get through just using who you like fine enough, but I don't want to make it harder for myself if I'd just picked someone else. I'll probably use P4MC/Yosuke/Kanji/Yukiko and I guess whoever would fill in those gaps. I'm open to anyone really, but I just like Akihiko's straight shooting bout punching things and he was real handy during P3
I used the two of them with no issues. Kanji was the Myriad Arrows dude while I focused Akihiko around links, both did just fine.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Moltrey posted:

Yeah, I'm using both and they work just fine. Aki would also fit in nicely with your team since his Agility and Luck are passable enough so that he can cast Mudo/Hama fairly well, unlike Yosuke whose Luck is pretty poor.

Edit: vv I believe offhand it's third floor of third dungeon. The FOEs really start ramping up in the fourth dungeon, though.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 29, 2014

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
When do I get the ability to Sacrifice my Personas? It's getting to be a bit of a pain not being able to. Also yeah, I can see why everyone's saying FOE's are really easy in this game now. It's kind of ridiculous that in the second dungeon I wandered into a room with two FOEs and mercilessly murdered them. Good lord, that damage from Kanji spamming Swift Strike! :stonklol:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think you get sacrifice fusion when you reach the third floor of the second labyrinth.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

theshim posted:

I used the two of them with no issues. Kanji was the Myriad Arrows dude while I focused Akihiko around links, both did just fine.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Yeah, I'm using both and they work just fine. Aki would also fit in nicely with your team since his Agility and Luck are passable enough so that he can cast Mudo/Hama fairly well, unlike Yosuke whose Luck is pretty poor.

Awesome, thanks for letting me know! I was thinking of use Aigis or Koromaru in place, I'll probably just roll The Exact Same Team I Used In Persona 4 + Aki the entire time.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Lynkericious posted:

When do I get the ability to Sacrifice my Personas? It's getting to be a bit of a pain not being able to. Also yeah, I can see why everyone's saying FOE's are really easy in this game now. It's kind of ridiculous that in the second dungeon I wandered into a room with two FOEs and mercilessly murdered them. Good lord, that damage from Kanji spamming Swift Strike! :stonklol:
The ones in the second labyrinth are particularly easy to handle since you can trivially get first strikes on them, which is nice. This happens with a surprisingly large number of FOEs, including all of the ones in the last dungeon :getin:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
What's the benefit to going back and killing FOE's? I'm in the third floor of labyrinth two and everybody is about level 23, so I figure I can crush the card soldiers fairly easily now. I did one for a request and got a cool Persona in it, but is there a cut-off to when there's any gain to be had from going back and cleaning house?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

What's the benefit to going back and killing FOE's? I'm in the third floor of labyrinth two and everybody is about level 23, so I figure I can crush the card soldiers fairly easily now. I did one for a request and got a cool Persona in it, but is there a cut-off to when there's any gain to be had from going back and cleaning house?

Theodore can make some good stuff with their drops. IIRC you can make some armor with labyrinth one FOE drops that outclass the normal labyrinth two options.

theshim
May 1, 2012

They also always give higher level personas, which are useful for sacrifices if nothing else.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

FOEs can only drop personas within a certain range so eventually the older FOEs will stop giving you useful stuff. You can't get card soldiers to drop Lucifer or what have you.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Could I get a hint regarding Evil Spirit floor 1? I found the hint regarding Shop class, Art class, Geometry and Science, but I'm not seeing how it really helps me for the Friday period. Am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't remember how that puzzle is solved but it doesn't matter because if you stare blankly at Naoto for long enough she solves it for you.

• Locked thread