Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

red envelopes own and are good, although I usually end up giving a lot away during lion dances :shrug:

maybe I just don't get a lot of money :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

paragon1 posted:

Why do you assume someone is angry when they say they don't give a poo poo, instead of assuming they don't give a poo poo?
Years of participation in online discussion forums and social media have given mounds of evidence to the contrary. When people say they don't give a poo poo, either it's in a dead serious tone like yours, which implies some reason for being so serious about it (hence me ribbing you for being thrown out of fyad) or it's followed by a witty/joking comment showing that you actually don't give a poo poo. And yes, I'm spelling this out for you even though i know you're not this stupid.

paragon1 posted:

I clarify this further for you though, I do not give a poo poo about byob or fyad.
I'll take your word for it.

I'm done though. Third parties have asked me to stop.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah okay.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Wrong. It was an A320, not an A330 :spergin:

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the machete series is a major and awesome achievement in latino cinema

It is clean and rad and powerful

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Do Cubanos get to coopt Latino heritage and achievements now?

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

zoux posted:

zoux i think you might be out of your element

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic_and_Latino_Americans

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Defenestration posted:

Skyfall is terrible. It's basically a pastiche of trope shots from other movies. Also it's ostensibly about how MI6 is an outdated and incredibly destructive force in the modern world but bond et al cause millions in property damage and suffer no consequences so whatever guys blowing stuff up is still cool!

Also moneypenny misses one insanely hard snipe and this shows that women can't shoot amirite? well clearly I can't hack it in the field with these super studly 007s who can't even pass a treadmill test without the old boys club stepping in, better resign myself to being Bond's secretary.
No, Moneypenny is forced by MI6 to take a shot when she isn't sure of the result and you're projecting way too much on a good Bond film. Get a loving life it's a good movie not a social critique.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Swan Oat posted:

ok no more cop chat

mechanical watches are neat and cool

just get a seiko 5

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

zoux posted:

yes? cubans are just as latin american as anyone else from latin america.

Unless there's some joke I'm missing here.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

yes? cubans are just as latin american as anyone else from latin america.

Unless there's some joke I'm missing here.

This being zouxush, he may be talking about the cigars.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

The Warszawa posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the machete series is a major and awesome achievement in latino cinema

Speaking of Robert Rodriguez, Lucha Underground is an fine program with excellent wrestling. I highly recommend it!

Unfortunately it's only on El Rey in English and Unimas in Spanish.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
from dusk til dawn is on netflix and everyone should watch it

i work with a guy from a foreign land who confessed to me that he felt really weird and lonely for christmas, since he had nowhere to go. i invited him to dinner with my weird bad family. he had a nice time and told me that he didn't feel any holiday cheer until eating with my people :unsmith:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Robert Rodriguez should be the answer to every hipster who wants money to make a movie.

"Oh really you need money for sets and actors and poo poo? Robert Rodriguez."

"Retweet your Kickstarter? Robert Rodriguez."

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

The Warszawa posted:

machete kills was amazing

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Badger of Basra posted:

machete kills was amazing

yes. machete kills is the single greatest indictment of the academy of motion picture arts and sciences of the 21st century.

also i would watch demián bichir read the phonebook.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
if y'all could go back in time and fight in one war with the rule that it can't be a war in which your country (of primary identification, i guess) was a major participant which one would it be

zoux you cannot count "republic of texas" as your country of primary identification.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

The Warszawa posted:

yes. machete kills is the single greatest indictment of the academy of motion picture arts and sciences of the 21st century.

also i would watch demián bichir read the phonebook.

My sister ran into Danny Trejo in line at a random taco joint and snagged a picture. His shameful secret? Dude is short, like really short.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The Warszawa posted:

if y'all could go back in time and fight in one war with the rule that it can't be a war in which your country (of primary identification, i guess) was a major participant which one would it be

zoux you cannot count "republic of texas" as your country of primary identification.

I would join Ned Ludd in the war against the machines.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

My sister ran into Danny Trejo in line at a random taco joint and snagged a picture. His shameful secret? Dude is short, like really short.

dude has presence.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

The Warszawa posted:

does it have to be a declared war or can people pick, say, the Anglo-Zanzibar war or the Granada intervention

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

The Warszawa posted:

Trojan War, on the side of the Greeks. I'd one up Odysseus by suggesting the wooden horse trick before year loving ten and then I'd be in all the epics and poo poo. Plus I'd bring a compass and modern map and be all full of hubris and there would be gently caress all the Gods could do to me cause I wouldn't get lost for ten years like a punk. Whole thing would be a year, two years tops.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Trojan War, on the side of the Greeks. I'd one up Odysseus by suggesting the wooden horse trick before year loving ten and then I'd be in all the epics and poo poo. Plus I'd bring a compass and modern map and be all full of hubris and there would be gently caress all the Gods could do to me cause I wouldn't get lost for ten years like a punk. Whole thing would be a year, two years tops.

this is a really good answer.

otoh "hubris? losers always whine about hubris. winners go home and gently caress penelope."

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

The Warszawa posted:

Spanish Civil War with the Syndicalists.
or
The Third Punic War on the Roman side. Think of all the loot. :unsmigghh:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Does it count as fighting in the war if one of the first things I do is leave to kill Stalin?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The Warszawa posted:

otoh "hubrish? loshers alwaysh whine about hubrish. winnersh go home and gently caress penelope."

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

- fight in the War of the Triple Alliance, on the Paraguayan side.

- get captured

- get repatriated

quote:

"The worst reports are that up to 90% of the male population was killed..."

"...leaving a woman/man ratio of 4 to 1 (as high as 20 to 1, in the most devastated areas)"

- carry out Solemn Duty to your people

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Dec 28, 2014

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

i have a really good idea for a film adaptation of the odyssey, all i need is fund--

SedanChair posted:

Robert Rodriguez should be the answer to every hipster who wants money to make a movie.

"Oh really you need money for sets and actors and poo poo? Robert Rodriguez."

"Retweet your Kickstarter? Robert Rodriguez."

nvm.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I'd go back to one of the crusades and continually guide both sides into rivers until it became a regular contention that God defines the righteousness of war by how many vampires you're able to field in battle.

I have a question about the game, do we get to take helicopters covered in reflective paint? How you answer will affect my plans greatly.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
22 jump street is good

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Exclamation Marx posted:

22 jump street is good

elaborate.

go on.

you got cate blanchett with this chat thread review.

(movie owns owns owns owns)

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
literally just finished watching it

i don't think any of the jokes fell flat/got played out, and the joke sequels in the credits were all golden too.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Exclamation Marx posted:

literally just finished watching it

i don't think any of the jokes fell flat/got played out, and the joke sequels in the credits were all golden too.

the following is literally an email written by channing tatum, presented in its entirety.

Channing Tatum posted:

On Jun 14, 2014, at 2:19 PM, “33& out inc C/O FULTON & MEY” <[EMAIL REDACTED]> wrote:
F YOU TED !!!! SECOND OF ALLLL TIMMMMME BEEEOTCH!!!! COME ON JUMPSTREETERS WE GOT CATE BLANCHETT WIT DIS BOX OFFICE BITCHES!!!!!!!!
[table breaking laughter excised]

channing tatum is a golden god.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
What'd people think of Birdman? I kind of like it, but I feel like part of it might have gone over my head. (Fun Fact: The constantly spinning camera and our seats near the front of the movie theater got a friend so motion sick she threw up as we left the theater.)

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

pssssh yeah loving right you know there was one dude in the greeks who is way, waaaaaay too into horses who has been pitching that poo poo as a solution for every single conflict for ever and the only reason they eventually tried it was they'd tried everything else and needed him to shut him. he got written out of history for going "i loving TOLD YOU SO" for the next decade

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I'd travel back in time to push Martin Luther out of a window therefore averting the holocaust.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Randler posted:

I'd travel back in time to push Martin Luther out of a window therefore averting the holocaust.

Is this the expression of some inter-Länder rivalry? Do you hate him because he was Saxon?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Chantilly Say posted:

Is this the expression of some inter-Länder rivalry? Do you hate him because he was Saxon?

The influence of Protestant theology in general and Martin Luther specifically was essential for antisemitism to reach the necessary level for the holocaust to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Martin Luther was an enormous rear end in a top hat who considered the Jews subhuman and wanted them expelled or at the very least used as slave labor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_and_antisemitism

He also sided with the landed aristocracy during a peasant rebellion inspired by Protestant ideals of equality and basically encouraged for them to all be brutally killed and cheered when they were

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Peasants%27_War

Dude was a dick

• Locked thread