Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Quick challenger review after 10 games. It's not great but not nearly as bad as the paper stats make it look. It plays a lot like a retarded e25 with gigantism but you are still shooting really fast. Doubling them up is also pretty funny, I ran into an otter guy playing one on my second game out and suddenly we were melting tier 9s from cover before they knew what the gently caress. I think I ended up with four ace tankers and the other guy five in those nine games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
It was a good day with my captured french shitler box

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

code:
kill me kill me kill me kill me kill me kill me kill me kill me kill me kill me kill me kill me 
kill me kill me kill me kill me kill me kill me kill me kill me kill me kill me kill me kill me 

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Should've capped faster!

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

The next couple rounds of the Stand To are up. I made teams if anyone wants to do it.

Tier 7 on the 28th at 7:30PM EST:

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/113250-Flowers_for_Hellsau/

Tier 8 on the 29th at 7:30 EST:

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/113251-The_Firey_Fabulous_Ones/

Password for both is the same as the goon chanel.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Captain Blaargh posted:

The next couple rounds of the Stand To are up. I made teams if anyone wants to do it.

Tier 7 on the 28th at 7:30PM EST:

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/113250-Flowers_for_Hellsau/

Tier 8 on the 29th at 7:30 EST:

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/113251-The_Firey_Fabulous_Ones/

Password for both is the same as the goon chanel.

The problem is they only reward the top 20% of teams or whatever. The majority of people here (myself included) are too big of shitters to come close to winning anything.

Also the top reward is like $0.75.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

DonkeyHotay posted:

Quick challenger review after 10 games. It's not great but not nearly as bad as the paper stats make it look. It plays a lot like a retarded e25 with gigantism but you are still shooting really fast. Doubling them up is also pretty funny, I ran into an otter guy playing one on my second game out and suddenly we were melting tier 9s from cover before they knew what the gently caress. I think I ended up with four ace tankers and the other guy five in those nine games.

How's the camo? The only reason the Archer seems to work is that it's tiny and you have enough alpha to deal serious damage in one or two shots to tanks your tier or below, but being huge and two tiers higher doesn't seem too appealing.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

The problem is they only reward the top 20% of teams or whatever. The majority of people here (myself included) are too big of shitters to come close to winning anything.

Also the top reward is like $0.75.

Then play for fun? See how far we can get? Who cares about the winnings? Troll the chat? Stop being such a defeatist goon?

Edit: These are also only 3v3, so the matches are nice and quick.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Dec 27, 2014

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Stevefin posted:

I'm getting a strange bug with tanking, where my prospective camrea will refuse to not work as if my mouse got unplugged or died, but mouse still works and responsive in everything but the player prospective camrea. Never had this happen before as its so odd

Is it like you are looking in one direction only and cannot turn the turret at all but in reality it is?

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
I love studentpaul's new avatar!

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

The Southern Dandy posted:

I love studentpaul's new avatar!

Desire to know more intensifies.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

DonkeyHotay posted:

Back when the Panther was first moved to T7 I had a triple platoon of them going and we met a pubbie with a Panther and a clue. The four of us melted an oblivious IS-4's rear end before he realised what was going on. :getin:

See also: the time my E8 platoon met a cooperative pubbie E8 on Steppes and proceeded to whizz around the map line abreast, then descend upon a target and circle the gently caress out of it like hungry sharks.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
My favorite thing when solopubbing is when I have friendly pub platoons that are competent that I can follow around and work with. Three people with brains working together can win a lot of games, four can win almost all of them.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
Scoots and Dandy say it's a clutch performance.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1465862#stalingrad-ackbarre-type_59

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

This was fun to watch, and made me ashamed of my own skill.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

rossmum posted:

See also: the time my E8 platoon met a cooperative pubbie E8 on Steppes and proceeded to whizz around the map line abreast, then descend upon a target and circle the gently caress out of it like hungry sharks.

I recall once being on the receiving end of something like that back when I was new and poo poo, only it was tier 4 tanks rather than tier 6's, and on Steppes too.

Also, the two idiots were spending too much time paying attention to me, and not enough on each other. They ended up doing the circle of death so hard that they literally ran face first into each other. I was in an AMX 40, so they did gently caress all to me anyways.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

You played that very well!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

rossmum posted:

Back when the Panther was first moved to T7 I had a triple platoon of them going and we met a pubbie with a Panther and a clue. The four of us melted an oblivious IS-4's rear end before he realised what was going on. :getin:

I had this, but with 5 Pershings on Prokh. Everything that went hill side died rapidly.

The thieving Swede stole all the kills of course

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 28, 2014

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

demonR6 posted:

Is it like you are looking in one direction only and cannot turn the turret at all but in reality it is?

No, the turret is also stuck as if holding down right click to stop turret and gun traverse. If I fire the gun janks abit for the first shot and than stays still for other following shots. I have uninstalled my mods and see if that works, but I have had a weekend of very bad storms so I'm getting pocket loss to everything

EDIT: well it seems mod related as I did some low tier tonks and it never appeared again

Stevefin fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Dec 28, 2014

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

Got my chaffee today and after a few losses in a row i had this amazing (partly due to luck) game to break my awful streak (i suck anyway).

I got lucky that the enemy chaffee missed his first two shots at me, and i reloaded just in time to kill him as he was trying to drive over a cliff to get away.
Second bit of luck was when i ammoracked a T-34-85 who would have surely killed me.

I thought about charging the last two tanks on their team (two KV-2 's sitting in their base circle) but i was down to only 3 hitpoints so i just spotted them and hid behind a rock and let everyone else finish them off.

What equipment works best in this thing? I have vents now, and will probably add a rammer, but i'm not sure what to do for #3.

Alpine Mustache fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Dec 28, 2014

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Optics are compulsory, and consider swapping the vents with something more useful. I think I have a GLD in mine since its vert stab got taken away.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Did the VStab get taken away? I thought the Chaffee could still use it, and that's why it's so good.

Always use VStab is available. Always use Rammer if available. Always use Optics if your view range is considerably higher than your tiermates. Every other piece of equipment has either a very minor effect or is extremely niche.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Maybe it kept it, I can't remember and can't check right now. I just remember it still has excellent gun handling for tier.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

rossmum posted:

Optics are compulsory, and consider swapping the vents with something more useful. I think I have a GLD in mine since its vert stab got taken away.

I thought vents were supposed to be really good too.

Is the Chaffee still a money pit? I loved it but I seemed to rarely make a profit for some reason. This was a few patches ago though.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
Vents are not good. The most substantial bonus they provide is to view range and reload time, but way less than optics and rammer would. Class 1 & 2 vents are cheap at least, but Class 3 are ludicrously expensive.

The Chaffee is probably still a money sink, unless you're really good.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Kuntz posted:

Vents are not good.

This is a bad opinion.

With that said, Rammer/optics/vert stab(if it's true they cant take VS anymore go vents)

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Is BIA still a viable crew skill option?

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Depends who you ask. I've never liked it, I found repairs followed by crew-specific skills more useful (but I mostly drive mediums, so YMMV).

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
Vents are best used if you either cannot afford (or don't want to pay out for) anything better at lower tiers or the other better options (GLD, rammer etc) are not available.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Burt posted:

Is BIA still a viable crew skill option?

It's better than camo on a heavy or firefighting, but it should be your third or fourth crew skill.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

It's better than camo on a heavy or firefighting, but it should be your third or fourth crew skill.

It seems nice enough on arty, though - my FV304 crew has BIA to push the reload time as low as possible.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Foxtrot_13 posted:

Vents are best used if you either cannot afford (or don't want to pay out for) anything better at lower tiers or the other better options (GLD, rammer etc) are not available.

Vents are also dirt cheap for mediums and lights, so I usually put it on lower tier tanks that I'm just grinding through.

As well, any suggestions on which tank I should get next?
I have these unlocked:

Indienpanzer
Tiger2 (all guns unlocked from the TigerP line)
Maus
Ferdie (which I have already ragesold once, but the Jagdzilla looks fun)
Wz-131 (got a good crew from my Type-62/64)
T-34-1 (got a 4 skill Type59 crew to put there)
Chi-Ri
Obj416 (finally out of the loving A-44)
AMX 50 120
Tier7 Lorraine SPG (which I have ragesold)
Conqeror
Crusader SP

I just got the SU-14-2 so my arty scratch is pretty fulfilled at the moment, although I have a Lefh18B2 crew to put in the tier7 Lorraine.
The Obj416 looks pretty fun with the T-54 gun on a turreted tank in tier8. The T-34-1 looks like a dead-end tank even if it is good, since going through the WZ-131/2 looks more fun for getting the WZ-120.
Other option is to rebuy the BDR, Cromwell and the T-34 for training new crews.

Cardiac fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Dec 28, 2014

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Computer viking posted:

It seems nice enough on arty, though - my FV304 crew has BIA to push the reload time as low as possible.

I can see BIA being a higher pick on arty, simply because you're almost always hosed if camo or repair come into play.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I can see BIA being a higher pick on arty, simply because you're almost always hosed if camo or repair come into play.

Also, for arty there are really not that many worthwhile skills.
Smooth ride, snap shot improves aim time, then you have BIA for all around improvements and clutch braking for better traverse.
After those, camo is probably your best bet for reducing risk of detection. Maybe Deadeye if you drive a Obj261 and shoot AP.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
On the subject of arty, did the Personal missions have a tier limit? Wondering if I should buy a GW Tiger while it's on sale, I rage sold it back when the big arty nerf hit and I dunno if the FV304 and LeF will cut it for missions.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.
Start my morning off to screaming pubs about wtf I'm doing crossing the field at the start of Malinovka in a E-75.

This tank is a bully.

JackDRipper fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 28, 2014

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

are you trying not to break tables on an iphone 1?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
It's a screen shot for ants.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

DonkeyHotay posted:

are you trying not to break tables on an iphone 1?

I dunno why my screenshots are either screenbreaking or tiny :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

JackDRipper posted:

I dunno why my screenshots are either screenbreaking or tiny :(

Upload them to imgur.com - use the BBCode (message boards & forums) bit but change img to timg (and /img to /timg) - profit!

Edit: oh hey you did it while I was typing this!