Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I would accept raw milk being made unpalatable if hops were the bittering agent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
^^ I'm feeling sick at the idea of milk beer now.

Anidav posted:

It's tough, I promised Kate Jones in person to help out and since telling people that I feel like resigning, I get phone calls checking on me on a by-daily basis. I want to quit but I am not sure I want to run into the arms of any other political party afterwards.

I would rather get a job that loves me first, then I can build up the confidence and youthful spark again which made me join the ALP in the first place.

Go to goon meets or what ever then. Nepotism is how the world works and going to meet people is the best way to know someone to hook you up with what ever poo poo comes their way.

Also promise Kate Jones you'll help the ALP when the ALP helps immigrants then the ball is in her court.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

If Queensland did secede I calculate that we would lose Larissa Waters, some rapidly deteriorating barrier reef and about four places on the international rugby league standings

bugsbunnyqld.gif

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
So Queensland is basically Texas but much less culturally relevant, yes?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

The problem with this analogy is that it hits too close to home.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Texans at least have the good manners to have a godawful accent so you get a good warning that they're going to be terrible people. With Queenslanders you have to wait until they start talking about black people or daylight savings. At least you usually don't have to wait very long.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
Is there an online resource that teaches Koori (or another native language) at all? My Google skills are failing me pretty hard at this.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

what crowbutts said, also QLD is like 3 times the size of TX (but with way less people)

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

thatbastardken posted:

what crowbutts said, also QLD is like 3 times the size of TX (but with way less people)

Straw Poll: Newman or Perry

Death is the only answer

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Perry at least has hair

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.

Gorilla Salad posted:

More on the raw milk saga. Thankfully it's good news if you into children not being fed toxic poo poo by their ignorant parents.

Raw milk producers to be forced to make their product unpalatable under new Victorian regulations

I don't know about anyone else, but now I want to try whatever this bittering agent is. Sounds like fun.

But not in raw milk, though. That would be stupid.

I'm really enjoying the internet comments on this one. Apparently pasteurisation is CHEMICALS.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Queensland is more of an Arizona analogue imo

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Queensland has all the culture of a nuclear wasteland.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Sounds like you're forgetting Queensland's rich history of slavery well into the 20th century, policies of indigenous genocide so brutal they attracted condemnation from the British Parliament, and the introduction of the Cane Toad, Prickly Pear, and Lantana!

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

thatbastardken posted:

Sounds like you're forgetting Queensland's rich history of slavery well into the 20th century, policies of indigenous genocide so brutal they attracted condemnation from the British Parliament, and the introduction of the Cane Toad, Prickly Pear, and Lantana!

And then the introduction of the cactoblastis moth to eat the prickly pear, and the statue they erected in the cactoblastises honor.

GoldStandardConure fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Dec 28, 2014

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

CrazyTolradi posted:

No, my only issue with you is that you're an extremist who frothes at the mouth and rages at people, which is exactly what allowed Bolt to write his shitpiece in the first place. I mean, how did you think writing that kind of thing, in any context, wasn't a clear act of stupidity? Now, I abhor Bolt's blog and his horrible journalism but I also think if you're going to go around saying you will either shoot people yourself or hope they die (and lets be honest, that wasn't a once off you've said that), you're just pouring petrol infront of a pyromaniac, daring them to throw a match in. If you think someone as outspoken as yourself isn't going to get the attention of dickheads like Bolt in the current political and media environment, you're just as naive as Anidav is with job searching/Young Labor.

tl;dr, Bolt is a fuckhead and a horrible human, but what you wrote was devoid of any logic or reason and was completely stupid.

This is pretty much exactly how I see it. There's several members of the Greens (including some in this thread) that think that shouting harder == arguing better, and that calling people deadshit fuckwit idiots will somehow make them see the light and change their minds. Learn to loving argue, because you're actively hurting the cause. Arguing from moral highgrounds make for a nice masturbatory fantasy but if they're not helping you enact change, it's a completely loving worthless position to hold.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Murodese posted:

This is pretty much exactly how I see it. There's several members of the Greens (including some in this thread) that think that shouting harder == arguing better, and that calling people deadshit fuckwit idiots will somehow make them see the light and change their minds. Learn to loving argue, because you're actively hurting the cause. Arguing from moral highgrounds make for a nice masturbatory fantasy but if they're not helping you enact change, it's a completely loving worthless position to hold.

better to just insult people's mental illnesses hey muro :)

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Your forum title could not be more fitting.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Jonah Galtberg posted:

dude do you have fruity gordo on google alerts or are you just an alt or something

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Murodese posted:

dude do you have fruity gordo on google alerts or are you just an alt or something

is this going to be the new burn or something? i'm talking about you, not fruity or anyone else

CrazyTolradi posted:

Your forum title could not be more fitting.

look at this murodese white knight am i right boys? or maybe an alt??

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

It's gotten to the point where people post about Fruity and take bets on how long it'll take you to show up, though.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Jonah Galtberg posted:

is this going to be the new burn or something? i'm talking about you, not fruity or anyone else

look at this murodese white knight am i right boys? or maybe an alt??

More like Jonah gALTberg, amirite? (I'm probably not right).

Who was making fun of mental illness?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Telling people to deal with anger issues isn't giving them poo poo over having mental illnesses, go huff your own farts more Jonah.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Murodese posted:

It's gotten to the point where people post about Fruity and take bets on how long it'll take you to show up, though.

i am neither a fruity alt nor am i a particular fan of hers, especially since she posted that poo poo on facebook and then whined about someone picking up on it in the media while happily continuing to pass around rumours of abbott and credlin's affair like it's gospel truth

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

e: double post

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

IslamoNazi posted:

^^ I'm feeling sick at the idea of milk beer now.

You can ferment milk with thrush yeast. I guess you dunk your balls into it and let it rot for a while.

rotten ball milk booze.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

duck monster posted:

You can ferment milk with thrush yeast. I guess you dunk your balls into it and let it rot for a while.

rotten ball milk booze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75aGG27dGUA

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

IslamoNazi posted:

Is there an online resource that teaches Koori (or another native language) at all? My Google skills are failing me pretty hard at this.

Which language?

http://www.abc.net.au/indigenous/map/

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Murodese posted:

No you see tone arguments never work because

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thatbastardken posted:

I knew moving from WA to QLD was a good idea, I just couldn't vocalise it until now. Thanks!

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Murodese posted:

U mad

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

CrazyTolradi posted:

Telling people to deal with anger issues isn't giving them poo poo over having mental illnesses, go huff your own farts more Jonah.

This, but also lol being assertive on a forum and griefing ancaps for fun on facebook is not having anger issues sorry bruv

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
no but you legit have anger issues sorry fruity

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Nah

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

What happened to byobpol? Are we migrating back here?

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Check fb, the current iks are not CrüeThreadFans

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

tithin posted:

Nah just some bourgeoise lefties in this thread nervous that the revolution will put them on the wrong side of the wall. Trying to counsel caution when the violence already exists. Then showing the impotence of the sedated class when the struggle comes to their attention tldr the truth is in the middle

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

:ironicat:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

tithin posted:

Xylo tried the Vegemite, gg goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Texans at least have the good manners to have a godawful accent so you get a good warning that they're going to be terrible people. With Queenslanders you have to wait until they start talking about black people or daylight savings. At least you usually don't have to wait very long.
As someone who worked at a call centre doing Housing Queensland back during the floods, you're completely and utterly wrong about them not having a godawful accent.

• Locked thread