Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN8YIR60Ij0

you cant tell me you didnt cheer when you were a kid when those transports got away

that ion cannon loving owned

The great thing about this is that the Imperials are so full of their own bullshit that they drop in right next to Hoth so they can get owned by that ion cannon, instead of hanging back out of orbit, setting up a perimeter out of range of that gun and picking off the transports before they leave the system.

This is what ends up getting that admiral killed by Darth Vader, because he hosed up big time by jumping the gun and made everyone look real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Young Freud posted:

The great thing about this is that the Imperials are so full of their own bullshit that they drop in right next to Hoth so they can get owned by that ion cannon, instead of hanging back out of orbit, setting up a perimeter out of range of that gun and picking off the transports before they leave the system.

This is what ends up getting that admiral killed by Darth Vader, because he hosed up big time by jumping the gun and made everyone look real bad.

Admiral Kendal Ozzel actually assisted Lord Vader in the secret plot to balance the force. Knowing that the Empire and The Emperor would scrutinize both Vader and Ozzel for deliberating, conspicuous behaviors, Both Vader and Ozzel agreed Ozzel would play the role of a bumbling, idiotic Admiral. In an valiant moment to restore peace to the galaxy and bring balance to the force as an effort to assist Vader on the path to the prophecy, Nadel Ozzel heroically gave his life up for the greater good on that fateful day when Vader had no choice but to "punish" Ozzel by force choking him to death. Two months after 4 ABY, amid the ruins of the Death Star II on the Forest Moon of Endor, a scavenger discovered a secret hologram recorded by Darth Vader on a time stamp made before he went to get Luke Skywalker off the forest moon. Knowing that the prophecy is coming to a close, Vader made a list of collaborators those of whom they assisted him in restoring the galaxy on the right path; Admiral Nadal Ozzel was one of them. The Rebel Alliances after forming the New Republic, erected a statue in honor and respect of a man who bravely fought the Empire with deceptions, ultimately giving his life up for the greater goods of the trillions of lives that was once held by the grip of the Empire.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Hingehead posted:

Admiral Kendal Ozzel actually assisted Lord Vader in the secret plot to balance the force. Knowing that the Empire and The Emperor would scrutinize both Vader and Ozzel for deliberating, conspicuous behaviors, Both Vader and Ozzel agreed Ozzel would play the role of a bumbling, idiotic Admiral. In an valiant effort to restore peace to the galaxy and bring balance to the force in an effort to assist Vader on the path to the prophecy, Nadel Ozzel heroically gave his life up for the greater good on that fateful day when Vader had no choice but to "punish" Ozzel by force choking him to death. Two months after 4 ABY, amid the ruins of the Death Star II on the Forest Moon of Endor, a scavenger discovered a secret hologram recorded by Darth Vader on a time stamp made before he went to get Luke Skywalker off the forest moon. Knowing that the prophecy is coming to a close, Vader made a list of collaborators those of whom they assisted him in restoring the galaxy on the right path; Admiral Nadal Ozzel was one of them. The Rebel Alliances after forming the New Republic, erected a statue in honor and respect of a man who bravely fought the Empire with deceptions, ultimately giving his life up for the greater goods of the trillions of lives that was once held by the grip of the Empire.

i don't know what's real anymore

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Otisburg posted:

i don't know what's real anymore

Soon you will learn the ugly truth about Sheev also being in on the plot with Vader to restore the balance to the force.

Pops Ghostly
Dec 20, 2014

by Ralp

Milky Moor posted:

in the eu, any relationship that isn't human/human is incredibly rare which is pretty funny when the rebels are apparently fighting for equal rights for aliens or whatever

"yeah, look, i'm fighting for your rights or whatever but no i'm not going to date you ewwww"

heh, seems like art imitating life to me....

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Pops Ghostly posted:

heh, seems like art imitating life to me....

Hello Jon Pop. :mrgw:

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fetus Tree posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN8YIR60Ij0

you cant tell me you didnt cheer when you were a kid when those transports got away

that ion cannon loving owned

also i had the micromachine of that and it kicked some supreme rear end

That is some gross edited poo poo.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

oohhboy posted:

That is some gross edited poo poo.

As much as I like what Adywan is doing, I find the fact that they make minor and utterly inconsequential changes for no apparent reason (like, in that one, one of the X-Wings getting blown up for some reason) kind of strange. Just take out the horrible CGI-laden special edition stuff and fix up minor things, it's not hard!

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There are de-specialized cuts if you go look for them. They are as close to a original theatrical cuts as they come with all the original GFX flaws. Not only does Han shoots first but Greedo doesn't get a shot off before slamming head first into the table in a smoking heap.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Milky Moor posted:

As much as I like what Adywan is doing, I find the fact that they make minor and utterly inconsequential changes for no apparent reason (like, in that one, one of the X-Wings getting blown up for some reason) kind of strange. Just take out the horrible CGI-laden special edition stuff and fix up minor things, it's not hard!

As though the followers of George Lucas wouldn't carry on his spirit

Deny it all you like, the disease is inside you

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

oohhboy posted:

There are de-specialized cuts if you go look for them. They are as close to a original theatrical cuts as they come with all the original GFX flaws. Not only does Han shoots first but Greedo doesn't get a shot off before slamming head first into the table in a smoking heap.

They also add a dumb poo poo like hairs and dirt on the film, which is really loving dumb

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Hingehead posted:

"This is a crisis! The Senate must vote the Chancellor emergency powers. He can then approve the creation of an army."
"But what Senator would have the courage to propose such a radical amendment?"
"If only...*WINK* .....*WINK* ........SENATOR...... AMIDALA.... were here."
-Mas Amedda and Palpatine while speaking in front of Jar Jar.

"jar jar your rear end is fired reassigned to hoth"

- a thing that weirdly enough didn't happen

Improbable Lobster posted:

They also add a dumb poo poo like hairs and dirt on the film, which is really loving dumb

:cripes:

WHY?
(the answer is the nerd obsession with realism verisimilitude, and it needs to die in a fire)

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

dog buttz posted:

I tried to find a really ugly/fat cosplayer of her but unbelievably couldn't anything other than hot women doing it.

This goes against everything I believed.

ok let me help you out

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

blowfish posted:

ok let me help you out

Look. It's Milla Jovulvavich from the Fifth Element!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hingehead posted:

Soon you will learn the ugly truth about Sheev also being in on the plot with Vader to restore the balance to the force.

What's this now?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Improbable Lobster posted:

I have a funny feeling we aren't watching the same thing. Also that sounds super retarded. Why would someone do something like that?!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

oohhboy posted:

I have a funny feeling we aren't watching the same thing. Also that sounds super retarded. Why would someone do something like that?!

All I remember is that someone on the Despecialized edition wanted to "restore" the damage to the film stock that was present on original cuts of the movie, I'll see if I can't dig up the comparison image.

E: Here we are. Notice how a hair was re-added even though there was no actual reason to do so.

I'm sure that the rest of it is fine but poo poo like that makes me question the thought process of the people working on it.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Dec 28, 2014

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

What's this now?

Millions of generations ago in a time when the force was first discovered by a small band of force sensitive beings, knowing that the force must always hang in balance at all time, thus they needed dark side users to keep the light side in check and vice versa. These beings created the midichlorian , a microscopic DNA binding organism that can harvests the power of the force , embedding it into the DNA of a living being, thus turning sentient beings into predetermined force sensitive users. The force discoverer beings harvested every living intelligent organisms they could find in all parts of the galaxy, from there they seeded them with specific midichlorian counts that would spread through out future generations of force sensitive species, but only a handful of them would carry the burden of the dark side and only they through birth whether natural or manipulated by the dark side of the force, can pass off the dark side to their offsprings, the dark side cannot be learnt and anyone who learned it was destined to unlock the dark force embedded in their DNA rather than "learning" it. Darth Maul, Count Dooku, Anakin Skywalker and countless Siths are the culmination of millions of years of planning to keep the power of the force in balance at all time. Sheev Palpatine is actually the manifest of an all powerful Dark Side being that once lived millions of generations ago during the age of the origin of the force, knowing that only one user could truly harness the power of the dark side as a mean to rule the galaxy with an iron fist, because it is the only way to get light side force users to do their bidding to balance the force, thus fulfilling the prophecy. When this all powerful dark being dies, it transfers its dark force power and its subconscious spirit to a user with the highest midicholrian count. This progress continues forever until the end of time.

Millions of generations later to the time when Sheev Palatine came into existence, during his late childhood he had a revelation; fulfill the prophecy, balance the force. He did not know what to do until Darth Plagiues came into his life, ultimately unlocking the burden of a powerful dark side user that was embedded into Sheev's DNA. Darth Plagiues knew of the prophecy as well and so he and Sheev worked in secrecy, because only those with the DNA coding of carrying this burden, can know it, nobody else. Just as Darth Maul and Count Dooku did not know they would be disposed of and replaced by Anakin Skywalker. Maul and Dooku would have never been able to fulfill the prophecy of balancing the force, their midichlorian count was predetermined to be low.

The world would never understand something incredible as this. It was in the best of the dark side users to play the role of evil, murderous tyrants rather than peaceful dark side users. They knew they had the burden of a yang, it is how nature works, days and nights, hot and cold, dark and light.

Hingehead fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Dec 28, 2014

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Sith tryin to get a hansheevy

Moola fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 28, 2014

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Moola posted:

Sith tryin to get a handsheevy

:vince:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

oohhboy posted:

Topher Grace did a re edit of the PT that's supposed to be really good but was only shown once to a small group of people.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

blowfish posted:

ok let me help you out

those shoes :cripes:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

blowfish posted:

ok let me help you out

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hingehead posted:

Millions of generations ago in a time when the force was first discovered by a small band of force sensitive beings, knowing that the force must always hang in balance at all time, thus they needed dark side users to keep the light side in check and vice versa. These beings created the midichlorian , a microscopic DNA binding organism that can harvests the power of the force , embedding it into the DNA of a living being, thus turning sentient beings into predetermined force sensitive users. The force discoverer beings harvested every living intelligent organisms they could find in all parts of the galaxy, from there they seeded them with specific midichlorian counts that would spread through out future generations of force sensitive species, but only a handful of them would carry the burden of the dark side and only they through birth whether natural or manipulated by the dark side of the force, can pass off the dark side to their offsprings, the dark side cannot be learnt and anyone who learned it was destined to unlock the dark force embedded in their DNA rather than "learning" it. Darth Maul, Count Dooku, Anakin Skywalker and countless Siths are the culmination of millions of years of planning to keep the power of the force in balance at all time. Sheev Palpatine is actually the manifest of an all powerful Dark Side being that once lived millions of generations ago during the age of the origin of the force, knowing that only one user could truly harness the power of the dark side as a mean to rule the galaxy with an iron fist, because it is the only way to get light side force users to do their bidding to balance the force, thus fulfilling the prophecy. When this all powerful dark being dies, it transfers its dark force power and its subconscious spirit to a user with the highest midicholrian count. This progress continues forever until the end of time.

Millions of generations later to the time when Sheev Palatine came into existence, during his late childhood he had a revelation; fulfill the prophecy, balance the force. He did not know what to do until Darth Plagiues came into his life, ultimately unlocking the burden of a powerful dark side user that was embedded into Sheev's DNA. Darth Plagiues knew of the prophecy as well and so he and Sheev worked in secrecy, because only those with the DNA coding of carrying this burden, can know it, nobody else. Just as Darth Maul and Count Dooku did not know they would be disposed of and replaced by Anakin Skywalker. Maul and Dooku would have never been able to fulfill the prophecy of balancing the force, their midichlorian count was predetermined to be low.

The world would never understand something incredible as this. It was in the best of the dark side users to play the role of evil, murderous tyrants rather than peaceful dark side users. They knew they had the burden of a yang, it is how nature works, days and nights, hot and cold, dark and light.

Well that's dumb.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

Well that's dumb.

You know the spirit things inside the Arks in Raiders of the Lost Arks? They are the spirit of dead force users. You see, Indiana Jones was chosen to balance the force....ah gently caress it...let's talk about having sex with cats.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Does the people in the EU ever get to Earth? How long is "a long time ago"? Tell me a Jedi built the pyramids with his force powers.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 28, 2014

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Does the people in the EU ever get to Earth? How long is "a long time ago"? Tell me a Jedi built the pyramids with his force powers.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Earth_(planet)

I got bored about a paragraph into reading this because I couldn't parse what the gently caress they were talking about in any given sentence.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

blowfish posted:

ok let me help you out

:eek: this is even more sexualized and creepy than the other pic with the nice young woman.

PostNouveau posted:

Han and Chewie went to the future through a wormhole. Chewie is actually the Yeti. The EU is dumb and nothing of value was lost when it was all demoted to legends status

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/President_of_the_United_States

:downsbravo:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

ughhhhhhhhhhh

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Burn it down, Disney

Burn it all down

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

yea ok

Nsfw~

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Is this goatse? Its goatse isn't it as that could be the only appropriate response?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Is this goatse? Its goatse isn't it as that could be the only appropriate response?

It's plausibly canon if that's what you're asking

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Reading through the 'timeline' of galactic events post RotJ on wookiepedia

this poo poo is dumb as poo poo

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

In the Earth article:

quote:

This system was mentioned in the opening crawl shown during the grand opening of Star Tours: The Adventures Continue at Disney Hollywood Studios. While there is nothing in the crawl or the ride itself to suggest that this refers to the system that includes our planet Earth, Earth is pictured on Disneyland's Star Tours website.[1].

jfc

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014

Okay. I believe we can all agree this thread should be closed now.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
This article is non-canon within the Star Wars Legends continuity.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Make this canon, Disney.

• Locked thread