Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I have no idea what everyone is talking about so I'm just gonna enjoy comments making fun of BoneCrusher's catchphrase instead.

I really do like that tag team section. Your partner AI is really competent yet still prone to failure and I felt it was really well implemented. Plus IceT is cool in-game. Of course later on there's a match that might as well be a 2v1 because your partner is given a giant handicap.
For some reason I remember Magic/Busta Rhymes being the main rival figure but only cause you have to fight him a bunch. Probably misremembering since I never picked up StreetFighting and had a ton of difficulty with him later on, especially when you fight him and Crack/Fat Joe together.
Are you guys gonna do the "post-game" of Fight for NY? I remember only winning one of those matches because you only get one shot at them and then they're removed forever.
Man this is such a good game. Whatever happened to the developers? It's not all EA is it?

EDIT: Help me I can't get COMP out of my head

HGH fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Dec 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Mods please make this autoplay on every page of this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPwHZpeYhok

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

I did a bad thing and looked at the comments on the ready 2 rumble video

jesus christ
There's already a thread for "I ACCIDENTALLY SCROLLED DOWN AND ACCIDENTALLY READ MOST OF A COMMENTS SECTION AND NOW I'M ACCIDENTALLY SCARRED FOREVER" posts.

The Kins fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Dec 28, 2014

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

The Kins posted:

There's already a thread for "I ACCIDENTALLY SCROLLED DOWN AND ACCIDENTALLY READ MOST OF A COMMENTS SECTION AND NOW I'M ACCIDENTALLY SCARRED FOREVER" posts.

I deserved this

Wiseblood posted:

Mods please make this autoplay on every page of this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPwHZpeYhok

We deserve this

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

See this is why I love the new YouTube comments section; you can glance at a comment thread, see where it starts, see where it ends and thus get immediate confirmation of how utterly, pointlessly tedious it would be to actually open it up and read it, let alone contribute.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

See this is why I love the new YouTube comments section; you can glance at a comment thread, see where it starts, see where it ends and thus get immediate confirmation of how utterly, pointlessly tedious it would be to actually open it up and read it, let alone contribute.

It's really great sometimes. On a home made pet food video I watched once I saw the first comment be some generic 'great recipe, I added in chicken as well' thing, and the last comment someone talking about the number of people Hitler killed being 'debatable'. I couldn't ruin the pure joy of that combo by actually looking at the middle bit.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
"It's like that time Uwe Boll fought Lowtax."

That Ready 2 Rumble video brought back memories. The original R2R was the first game I had for my Dreamcast and I got Boris "The Bear" Knockimov's speed so high that I could just throw left and right hooks one after another and have his opponent stunlocked the entire match. The trainer commentary was hilarious too and the one that sounds like Mick from Rocky always cracked me up. "Aww, this sucks, kid!"

Edit: Holy poo poo, that Wii title looks terrible.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 28, 2014

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh, BOXING is a series (or almost), I didn't really expect that.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dias posted:

Oh, BOXING is a series (or almost), I didn't really expect that.

'cause it's boxing week in the magical northern land of can-ah-da

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
You know, I'm surprised how good some of the designs in Escape From Bug Island ended up being. Don't get me wrong, it still seemed like a complete slog to actually play through. I just thought it'd become completely insufferable to watch by the end of it's week in the Shitstorm and it ended up being pretty fun. Probably because they ignored everything that wasn't a main objective.

Also, if you want to listen to the podcast about loving bugs that Pat randomly mentioned, you can find it right here. You know, if you really need that in your life.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
If Pat doesn't mind the bugfucker episode of F Plus he should also check out Lou Reads The Internet.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
push boxer pat for summerslam

HAAAW

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Fight Night Round 3 is so amazing! Watching the video brought back memories, the walk up song everyone has and my friends and I would create boxers with glass jaws and try to one hit each other.

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post
So Rage is what, Streetfighting/Martial Arts/Wrasslin' now? That's a pretty strong combo. I liked using Kickboxing instead of Wrestling because you could strong grab them into that kicking combo Xzibit was using on Rage and then finish it off with a haymaker KO when they were in the red.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I can't wait for the Super Best Friends to start sneaking Rage into indie games like they did with The Baz.

GrandmasterTrash
Dec 23, 2014
I can only hope this ends in the Rage v. Baz dream match we deserve.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Rage is added to Shovel Knight with the King Knight story mode

Make it happen, Yacht Club :colbert:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Podcast's up, too.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bayonetta 3 confirmed

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's actually an Anarchy Reigns sequel on the Wii U

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Beef Waifu posted:

It'll somehow have better netcode.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Beef Waifu posted:

Don't tease me like that

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It'll somehow have better netcode.

It might actually have people playing it.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
I'd say I'm holding out hope for Infinite Space 2 but even I know that's not a thing that's going to happen.
Even if the interface and UI design would translate perfectly to a Wii U gamepad/screen.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Watching some toku this week and MAN I can't believe Woolie is trying to kill Kamen Rider

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Thanks to their video, I'm buying Marlow Briggs for myself and a friend tomorrow. I figure if you can't pay 99 cents to have Marlow loving Briggs in your Steam account, then you can never be hype.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
The Juri/Jolyne talk from the podcast reminded me of this fusion chart I saw in the weird/awesome fan art thread a while back:

No idea why Rita is there too, but it looks cool.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Dec 30, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I forgot about that image, it's a good image.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Charles Martel posted:

Thanks to their video, I'm buying Marlow Briggs for myself and a friend tomorrow. I figure if you can't pay 99 cents to have Marlow loving Briggs in your Steam account, then you can never be hype.

Marlow Briggs is fantastic. I bought it a while ago and played it start to finish the other day. For a small indie game it does some amazing things with the camera to push the hype and make a bunch of scenes feel really epic in scale. The zaibatsu doing a full playthrough would be great just for their reactions!

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Watching some toku this week and MAN I can't believe Woolie is trying to kill Kamen Rider

This is the first "I saw a black guy, is it Woolie?" that made me laugh.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
holy christ woolie's story towards the end of the friendcast

also geez matt sorry for your loss ::(:

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

The Guest is such a fun movie, glad to hear the rec on the friendcast.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's a shame they didn't understand the reason why Tetris was hosed up, in that because Ubisoft blamed the PS4's friendlist as the reason why it didn't work. That's right, Ubisoft is telling people "Our game work, you just have too many friends."

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hey Matt, get hyped for the new Berserk game!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You raised my hopes and dashed them most expertly.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lmao god drat it

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I was hoping for a follow up to the Atari 2600 game so I was doubly disappointed.

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 30, 2014

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

I hope you burn in the fires of Berserk hell. :(

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

It's like someone keeps wishing on a Monkey's Paw and all the poo poo we want just gets Pachinko versions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Lol holy poo poo :barf: