Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
So it looks like the Vegas odds were on to something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lasagna Pilot posted:

So it looks like the Vegas odds were on to something.

it was inflated by det betting his 401k

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Volkerball posted:

it was inflated by det betting his 401k

I would bet good money that det has a pension.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NFL people now saying it's done

@AdamSchefter
Michigan has told its biggest boosters a deal for Jim Harbaugh is done and a press conference is scheduled for Tuesday, per sources.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The Detroit Free Press' front page, with their most comprehensive Michigan-related journalism since Rich Rod.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

They really are going to have to recalibrate the Big Ten divisions within two years. By 2016, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, and Ohio State are going to be head, shoulders, and torso better than the best team in the West.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

AsInHowe posted:

The Detroit Free Press' front page, with their most comprehensive Michigan-related journalism since Rich Rod.

Pretty sure that's a pic of John Harbaugh :laffo:
E: Unless that's what you were pointing out.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Komet posted:

They really are going to have to recalibrate the Big Ten divisions within two years. By 2016, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, and Ohio State are going to be head, shoulders, and torso better than the best team in the West.

That's why they had the original alignment. It was all about balanced divisions and stuff like that, with teams weighted for quality and all. (There was some in-depth piece somewhere on how it was arranged.)

Originally, Michigan and Nebraska were supposed to be the power teams of one division with Ohio State and Penn State anchoring the other side. Two great teams, two good teams, two crappy teams per side. The breakdown was as follows.

code:
Michigan        Ohio State
Nebraska        Penn State
----
Michigan State  Wisconsin
Iowa            Illinois
----
Minnesota       Purdue
Northwestern    Indiana

C-Euro posted:

Pretty sure that's a pic of John Harbaugh :laffo:
E: Unless that's what you were pointing out.

That's the joke, yeah.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Komet posted:

Not if proven coaches Mike Riley and Paul Chryst have anything to say about it.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Komet posted:

Minnesota is trending up, and Wisconsin and Nebraska will not lie dormant forever. They have way too much history, money, and interest to be doormats for an extended period. Once upon a time, the SEC East produced a few national champs. Now it's the West that's kicking rear end. These things go in cycles.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Congrats Michigan fans. This is exciting for the Big Ten.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

College football isn't right without an elite Michigan. Finally some meaning will be injected back into The Game.

Of course, we are anointing Jim Harbaugh as savior of the program before they even formally announce his hiring. Maybe things don't go as smoothly.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maybe when he is recruiting he can trick kids into thinking he is the more successful John version.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
While I am technically a Michigan fan and am excited for Harbaugh to come here, I also think it would be really funny if he laid a giant turd of a season after all this back-and-forth we've had here, even if he turns it around the following year.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
ESPN is reporting it's a done deal.

Congrats, Michigan fans. I didn't think he'd do it. What's good for UM will also be good for college football. (I'm assuming he'll not flounder up there in the frozen wastes.)

C-Euro posted:

While I am technically a Michigan fan and am excited for Harbaugh to come here, I also think it would be really funny if he laid a giant turd of a season after all this back-and-forth we've had here, even if he turns it around the following year.

Saban had that embarrassing loss in his first year... One of the minor Louisiana schools. It worked out in the end.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
We did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f49-KrRvQY

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
Merry Harbaughmas Eve, Michigan fans.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Frinkahedron posted:

Merry Harbaughmas Eve, Michigan fans.

Harbaugh comes tomorrow, Michigan upset Tech at the GLI and plays State tonight...an abundance of riches in Ann Arbor.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

quote:

mgoblog ‏@mgoblog 15m15 minutes ago
Harbaugh took the Michigan job on December 22nd. It is over. It has been over. NFL reporters continue to make fools of themselves.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

thank you police informant mgoblog for snitching on the lawbreakers michigan university and jim harbaugh

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Michigan will introduce new head coach at noon Tuesday

quote:

Michigan will introduce its new head coach at a noon news conference on Tuesday, a source with knowledge of the situation told The Detroit News.

Jim Harbaugh, the former Michigan quarterback who spent the last four years coaching the San Francisco 49ers, is expected to be formally introduced at the news conference, culminating a coaching search conducted by interim athletic director Jim Hackett.

Harbaugh also is expected to be introduced before Michigan basketball's Big Ten game against Illinois on Tuesday at 3 p.m.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Everything going exactly as pl..

BAH GOD THAT'S GREG SCHIANO'S MUSIC

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

:woop:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

dayum dayum DAYUM

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Is this the biggest grand slam coaching hire of the last decade? Like 600 feet straight across the center field fence in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs, full count, and down by 3 grand slam.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Komet posted:

Is this the biggest grand slam coaching hire of the last decade? Like 600 feet straight across the center field fence in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs, full count, and down by 3 grand slam.

I'm a bit biased here but I think Arizona getting a slightly used RichRod is pretty far up there.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Komet posted:

Yes. Can't wait for next season.

Also, that scenario pretty much happened at a Tigers game I was at this year. A walk-off grand slam when down by 3 in the bottom of the 9th. It was epic. It's only happened 29 times in major league history too.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/feats/walk_off_grand_slams.shtml

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Ramadu posted:

I'm a bit biased here but I think Arizona getting a slightly used RichRod is pretty far up there.

RichRod to Arizona ranks below Meyer to OSU, in my opinion. Meyer was a grand slam hire, but Ohio State was already an elite program with a great athletic department. The hiring of Harbaugh is amplified by how bad things were for many years at Michigan.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

AsInHowe posted:

Also, that scenario pretty much happened at a Tigers game I was at this year. A walk-off grand slam when down by 3 in the bottom of the 9th. It was epic. It's only happened 29 times in major league history too.

There's the super grand slam, and then there's the ultimate grand slam. I think there have only been one or two of the latter, and I remember seeing Chris Hoiles do it. I loved that guy. Jim Harbaugh is the Chris Hoiles of football.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Komet posted:

Saban to Bama

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yep.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Komet posted:

Michigan threw the football over them there mountains with this hire imo

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

AsInHowe posted:

I was there too. Only game I attended as a fan, rest of them I worked at CoPa. Fun stuff, eh?

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Ramadu posted:

Saban, Meyer, and Harbaugh are the best hires in the last decade, easy. Maybe Chris Petersen.

RichRod was an amazingly good hire, probably one of the best of 2012, but it's nowhere near that kind of home-run.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Saban, Meyer, and Harbaugh are the best hires in the last decade, easy. Maybe Chris Petersen.

RichRod was an amazingly good hire, probably one of the best of 2012, but it's nowhere near that kind of home-run.

Like I said, I'm biased! Those others I agree are incredible but those programs are also much more prestigious programs so it seemed that they should get much huger hires but its not *that* surprising when they hire someone like that.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ramadu posted:

Like I said, I'm biased! Those others I agree are incredible but those programs are also much more prestigious programs so it seemed that they should get much huger hires but its not *that* surprising when they hire someone like that.

It also really depends on the condition the program is in at the time. Pitt didn't even have an interim AD when they hired Narduzzi, which was a hell of a get for them.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I think the context in which Harbaugh came to Michigan and the long odds required to overcome to pry him from the NFL would imply that this sports metaphor is either a home run that hasn't even begun its descent yet or some sort of 200 foot hockey goal scored by a goalie.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Neodoomium posted:

I think the context in which Harbaugh came to Michigan and the long odds required to overcome to pry him from the NFL would imply that this sports metaphor is either a home run that hasn't even begun its descent yet or some sort of 200 foot hockey goal scored by a goalie.

A Ron Hextall

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Dattserberg posted:

A Ron Hextall

I prefer a more local Chris Osgood. He has one too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Dattserberg posted:

A Ron Hextall

A Chris Osgood. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikXAdWFeQnE

• Locked thread