Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
So the Majora's Mask DLC will introduce two new playable characters.

I'm thinking Tingle and Skull Kid w/ Majora's Mask on. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm assuming Tingle and Fierce Deity Link.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I think Skull Kid is a safe bet...the other character though, Tingle's a possibility, but there's also FD Link, Happy Mask Salesman, or something completely off the wall like Odolwa.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

jivjov posted:

I think Skull Kid is a safe bet...the other character though, Tingle's a possibility, but there's also FD Link, Happy Mask Salesman, or something completely off the wall like Odolwa.

The only reason I doubt Skull Kid is that the Majora's Mask moon is already used in three other places including at least one other character, and it'd feel weird to have it on yet another character. (And weirder still for Skull Kid not to have it at all.)

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I was just thinking about how they shouldn't do more weapons for Link, then I realized they could do such crazy poo poo with the masks. It's work similar to Shiek's songs or Zelda's Dominion Rod summons. I still kind of hope they spread the love around a bit, though.

Or just give us the Happy Mask Salesman and creep out the enemies to death.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Echophonic posted:

Or just give us the Happy Mask Salesman and creep out the enemies to death.

Mission starts

"My... you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

Mission complete

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I was kind of surprised that Tingle wasn't playable already. I mean he's weird but we have Agatha as a playable character for some reason??? I was super confused by her presence when I did the TP portion of the game.

VVV TBF I barely remembered Agatha existed before this game.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Dec 28, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Internet Kraken posted:

I was kind of surprised that Tingle wasn't playable already. I mean he's weird but we have Agatha as a playable character for some reason??? I was super confused by her presence when I did the TP portion of the game.

I still remember reading some long winded review (I think on GameFAQs or something?) bitching about the devs making up "yet another bullshit anime character, when there's so many actual Zelda characters to pick from" in reference to Agatha, and then getting utterly destroyed by the comments.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

please nintendo, give us tingle

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

we need tingle

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

jivjov posted:

I still remember reading some long winded review (I think on GameFAQs or something?) bitching about the devs making up "yet another bullshit anime character, when there's so many actual Zelda characters to pick from" in reference to Agatha, and then getting utterly destroyed by the comments.

pretty sure that was this very thread lol

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Reoxygenation posted:

The twilight ones are really obvious

The only time you need to use a compass in the Twilight map is if you run into a square where there's more than one potential bombable rock, yeah.

Good to hear the costumes are up! Finally! I also got a Link Amiibo using Christmas gift cards, so I finally get the Spinner too. Good day today.

Awesome! posted:

we need tingle

If Tingle is not one of the two new characters I am seriously going to be upset. Tingle is awesome and he needs to be in this.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Awesome! posted:

we need tingle

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
tingle is a universal constant within link's world. the setting may change, it could be a hundred years into the past or future but Tingle will be there, koo-loo-limping it up

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Tingle should have definitely joined Link's side in the main story before Ruto or Agitha showed up and it is pretty hosed up that he didn't.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want Tingle because I'm curious what design they'd go for him in this game.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
the funny thing about agitha is that when i saw her announced as playable my first thought was, "i'm glad someone else out there thought she was an interesting character", Twilight Princess was really lacking in good NPCs but she's one of the cute ones.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

ElegantFugue posted:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/hyrule-warriors/Row_1 is what I use. Although looking at it again, it doesn't seem to cover more than a row or two in the later maps, so I guess I'd better grab a link or two from here.

That is super helpful and exactly the type of guide I was looking for. It's a great added bonus that it tells A rank requirements.

Had a good session today and got the rank 3 spear for Lana, my first rank 3 weapon unlock. Continuing around the map I feel like I'm making good progress aside from the fact that I don't have any good options for fire or darkness yet. Still over half the map to go it looks like, and I haven't even really touched MQ and twilight maps.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Holy poo poo, how much of my life is this game going to eat? I've spent most of the last two days on it, and after finishing the story I'm onto Adventure. So far I've unlocked maybe a fifth to a quarter of the map, and gotten two characters and a few weapon upgrades, which is nice for nearly aimless wandering. Now I think I'll try something more along the lines of actually approaching dungeons in order, see if that doesn't work. better.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
If you have no idea what you're doing it's gonna take you a long time

Just do things at your own pace, there's no hurry really

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

13/f/cali posted:

That is super helpful and exactly the type of guide I was looking for. It's a great added bonus that it tells A rank requirements.

I've found the A rank requirements are usually wrong (on the higher end) and there have been times I did worse than what it says there and still got an A.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
Rule of thumb is that for A ranks its always sub 15 minutes, less than 10 hearts of damage and 1200 KOs, but apparently the red squares (top 2ish rows in Adventure and MQ, middle-bottom on the Twilight map) allow up to 25 hearts of damage for an A rank, making the harder maps 'easier' to A rank (still a pain to get the 2nd skulltulas though)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Oh wow the Ocarina of Time outfit for Link looks awful, it's a shame because that was the one I wanted most of all and now that I've seen it I never want to use it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Awesome! posted:

we need tingle

"Hello, Nintendo? Yeah, I got a message for you on the other line. Hang on. Uh huh. Okay... Do you guys have Ivanna Tingle there? Ivanna Tingle? Ivanna Tingle, for Christ's sake! Wait a minute... Dammit, you little Skull Kid, if you call me one more time, I'm gonna find you and shove yah little mask so far down your scarecrow throat, they'll be calling you Majora's butt!"

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I'm totally new to Dynasty Warriors and got Hyrule Warriors for Christmas.

I keep running up against map squares in adventure mode that use Lana, and she sucks so much I can't take it. I'm not sure how the woman gets dressed in the morning without taking damage. I finally came up on a map that had Lana trying to beat up two gohmas and had to quit.

Does anyone have any advice?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Lana is actually great. Are you trying to do Adventure without doing Legend first? Because if so then yeah she's gonna suck because she's underleveled and probably doesn't have any decent weapons.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Since the last patch which made the staff not-suck, all 3 of Lana's weapons are very good. As a result she's my second highest level character (68) after Link (87).
If you're taking too much damage on a map - your best course of action is to level up a bit or put materials into the appropriate defense badge.

And for reference - the characters I'm pumping rupees into are 52 right now, I still haven't gotten all of the Hard skulltulas in Legend mode, but I've cleared the whole adventure map except for Agitha and Zant's Rank 3, getting very close on Zant (my last attempt was 15:10 - will probably end up weapon-bonus potion cheesing Agitha) and I've cleared about 2/3 of the Master Quest map and like 6 or 7 missions on the Twilight map - and I'm getting close to 116 hours played

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

The only reason I doubt Skull Kid is that the Majora's Mask moon is already used in three other places including at least one other character, and it'd feel weird to have it on yet another character. (And weirder still for Skull Kid not to have it at all.)

all the moons used so far are fake imitations, they could just actually give him the town crushing size one, or summoning the 4 giants to stomp foes to death. still hoping for the mask itself/majora's incarnation to be playable though like i said earlier.

No idea how tingle would even fight though. or what his "weapon" would even be.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tengames posted:

all the moons used so far are fake imitations, they could just actually give him the town crushing size one, or summoning the 4 giants to stomp foes to death. still hoping for the mask itself/majora's incarnation to be playable though like i said earlier.

No idea how tingle would even fight though. or what his "weapon" would even be.

Great Fairy's moon is real when she does her attack.

Also said it before but bring on Kafei and give him the masks. He's termina's link so it fits kinda.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I knew this didn't have online beforehand, but I'm still really bummed that it doesn't have it. My brother and I were having a blast going through Legends mode over the holidays, but we live in separate states normally so that's gotta be put on hold.

Volkameria
Nov 20, 2014

Gay and grumpy
So is it just me or did Lana's Spear get a buff? The slingshot combo seems better. Or am I just imagining things?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Volkameria posted:

So is it just me or did Lana's Spear get a buff? The slingshot combo seems better. Or am I just imagining things?

It did in the 1.4.0 patch - the special does wayyy more damage now too

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Any advice on what combo with the gauntlets will let me take down giant bosses fairly easily? Once I've gotten a few more Ganondorf's Gauntlets I'm going to be challenging that one stage where you get the T3 gauntlets again, but beating Argarock or w/e its name is without getting caught in his wake-up attack is getting me repeatedly.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

It did in the 1.4.0 patch - the special does wayyy more damage now too

Really? After Perona in pw2 I never expected them to actually buff something.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The spear special also has a massive range now, which makes it much better. It always did pretty good damage but now you can actually hit things with it!!!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

I knew this didn't have online beforehand, but I'm still really bummed that it doesn't have it. My brother and I were having a blast going through Legends mode over the holidays, but we live in separate states normally so that's gotta be put on hold.

Yeah, that's probably my biggest complaint about the game. My brother and I could totally play coop, because I would bully him into buying it.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

So what was that one mission everyone used to power-level again? I'd like two have more than one or two characters to use for the latter half of the Twilight map.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Probably Rack Up KOs in the lower left corner of the Master Quest.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I haven't played this in forever but I loaded it up and played as Twii Midna, she destroys everything. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Squallege posted:

I haven't played this in forever but I loaded it up and played as Twii Midna, she destroys everything. :stare:

Me too. One of her combo enders is her summoning a giant fuckoff cannon. I love this stupid, stupid game.

Also, her victory animation is adorable :3:

• Locked thread