Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

FamDav posted:

god bless the steelers for being just an amazing team over the years, but my favorite historical fact is that the only reason they dont suck is because they took 3 million from the league to cross over into the AFC. before that they had (and still have problem) the record for worst season ever.

Steelers aren't even on the top ten for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

FamDav posted:

god bless the steelers for being just an amazing team over the years, but my favorite historical fact is that the only reason they dont suck is because they took 3 million from the league to cross over into the AFC. before that they had (and still have problem) the record for worst season ever.

thats the lions actually

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

the steelers are funy footbal because ben rapistburger is a rapist.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

eschaton posted:

make them present you their belly

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i keep saiyan that urinating a lil on the conference room table is an excellent sign of dominance acceptance

Report: Slamming Boss Against Wall, Shouting ‘Cash! I Need More Cash!’ Still Leading Tactic For Securing Raise

http://www.theonion.com/articles/report-slamming-boss-against-wall-shouting-cash,37265/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbwOYMFtw1k

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Bloody posted:

the steelers are funy footbal because ben rapistburger is a rapist.

No he isn't.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Citizen Tayne posted:

No he isn't.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
hey hp, have some friends in NO any particular place you recommend as a must visit?

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
lol steelers gonna give this one away

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

hello old friends. i have something for you. http://meyerweb.com/eric/thoughts/2014/12/24/inadvertent-algorithmic-cruelty/

quote:

I didn’t go looking for grief this afternoon, but it found me anyway, and I have designers and programmers to thank for it. In this case, the designers and programmers are somewhere at Facebook.

I know they’re probably pretty proud of the work that went into the “Year in Review” app they designed and developed, and deservedly so—a lot of people have used it to share the highlights of their years. Knowing what kind of year I’d had, though, I avoided making one of my own. I kept seeing them pop up in my feed, created by others, almost all of them with the default caption, “It’s been a great year! Thanks for being a part of it.” Which was, by itself, jarring enough, the idea that any year I was part of could be described as great.

Still, they were easy enough to pass over, and I did. Until today, when I got this in my feed, exhorting me to create one of my own. “Eric, here’s what your year looked like!”

A picture of my daughter, who is dead. Who died this year.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

:stonk:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

modern corporate structures are anathema to empathy, especially when their CEO has said that not wanting to use your full legal name for everything shows a "lack of integrity"

attn facebook I will be your "chief not-be-a-shithead officer" for $400k salary and $5m in RSU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I wanna be the c-here's what could go wrong-o because facebook consistently shows a lack of the most basic foresight

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

a business exhibiting foresight in 2014 lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the chief not-be-a-shithead officer is responsible for responding to incidences of blatant user disregard in a human way and not making it worse

chief strategic-adult-in-the-room would be $600k salary and $8mm RSUs

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

would Facebook be less evil if they did not attempt to advertise to me?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

I mean, did he think this company was just letting him have free web hosting and instant messaging? OF course they're going to reduce you to stats. this is why i left fb, i had more "I don't want this mined" stuff than "I don't care if this is mined" stuff. i know it's got an extra twist the knife thing due to his child, but i don't really think this is worth impassioned Blog Posts. Just shut down your FB.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
the facebook solution to this is going to be a 'process' that will automatically scrub dead people from your pictures as long as they had an account to associate with

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
j/k there wont be a solution to this

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

uggggghhhhhhh

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

qirex posted:

modern corporate structures are anathema to empathy, especially when their CEO has said that not wanting to use your full legal name for everything shows a "lack of integrity"

attn facebook I will be your "chief not-be-a-shithead officer" for $400k salary and $5m in RSU

their full legal name policy would make sense if it was consistent, but when executives let their friends use fake names, you have a problem

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

ps we're totally not in a bubble

quote:

Burger chain Shake Shack Inc, which grew out of a hot dog stand in New York's Madison Square Park, has filed for an initial public offering at a time when stock offerings by casual restaurants have proven to be a big hit with investors.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

I mean, did he think this company was just letting him have free web hosting and instant messaging? OF course they're going to reduce you to stats. this is why i left fb, i had more "I don't want this mined" stuff than "I don't care if this is mined" stuff. i know it's got an extra twist the knife thing due to his child, but i don't really think this is worth impassioned Blog Posts. Just shut down your FB.

lol, I wasn't going to go through the comments but I'm glad somebody did

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

qirex posted:

i hate modern websites anymore

http://www.shakeshack.com/

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

qirex posted:

a shake shack ipo is the opposite of bubble stupid poo poo

a hugely successful local fast food chain opened a handful of satellites with success, so now raising capital through public markets in order to fund major expansion

this is how stock markets are supposed to work, as opposed to venture capitalists and "entrepreneurs" foisting garbage paper on the public when they can't line up a good merger/acquisition deal

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

a shake shack ipo is the opposite of bubble stupid poo poo

a hugely successful local fast food chain opened a handful of satellites with success, so now raising capital through public markets in order to fund major expansion

this is how stock markets are supposed to work, as opposed to venture capitalists and "entrepreneurs" foisting garbage paper on the public when they can't line up a good merger/acquisition deal

The company said it would use net proceeds from the offering to buy common membership interests of SSE Holdings LLC, which is the predecessor of Shake Shack for financial purposes.

not mentioned: using the money to expand

also their income is dropping and costs are rising, this is basically a stock-market-funded buyout of the original investors who are probably getting nervous

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
ok so the owners are selling the company to the public

still not stupid bubble material. shake shack is a real business with revenues and profits and stuff

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Fabricated posted:

i hate modern websites anymore

http://www.shakeshack.com/

man that burger looks like rear end too

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
shake shack burgers are actually p good for east coast tripe

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I think shake shack exists because someone from new york went to fatburger one time

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
if you think shake shack is good maybe you should try eating food that doesn't come out of dumpsters

i find its popularity inexplicable

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

As a Millennial I posted:

lol, I wasn't going to go through the comments but I'm glad somebody did

no, thats me. what are we supposed to do here? recoil in horror? i mean its a loving computer you cant get mad at it for being Rude

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I had it once it was OK, a little oversalted but it mainly made me want fatburger

as far as why people are willing to wait in line 2 hours for it in a city with literally 24,000 other restaurants I have no good answer for that [and waiting in line for food is dumb as hell in general]

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

apparently there's a shake shack in atlanta

who cares, farm burger forever

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

if you think shake shack is good maybe you should try eating food that doesn't come out of dumpsters

i find its popularity inexplicable

shake shack has better beef but in n out is the crown jewel of american fast food burgers.

seattle shamefully only has dicks which while an amazing 1am burger is not the kind of thing you sit down and eat during the day.

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

qirex posted:

I had it once it was OK, a little oversalted but it mainly made me want fatburger

as far as why people are willing to wait in line 2 hours for it in a city with literally 24,000 other restaurants I have no good answer for that [and waiting in line for food is dumb as hell in general]

i lol'd at this when pinkberry first opened there and i was reading about around the block lines while i was strolling into the random pinkberry in my local suburb of LA

turns out when you have a city of 8.5 million you end up with hundreds of thousands of basic white people.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

EVGA Longoria posted:

apparently there's a shake shack in atlanta

who cares, farm burger forever

I had a good burger at vortex in atlanta

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
in n out is kinda overrated. it's tasty but i think most of the novelty is the texture from the way they toast their buns.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

no, thats me. what are we supposed to do here? recoil in horror? i mean its a loving computer you cant get mad at it for being Rude

it isn't about getting mad at the computer for being rude so much as a bunch of tone-deaf coders who are trying to create a one-size fits all approach to their user base because they're thinking of Facebook users as walking collections of data and not millions of individual human beings, some of whom may have had a terrible year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
five guys is way overrated though lol.

• Locked thread