Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

amanasleep posted:

To be fair to St. Ronnie, December 1986 was when he testified to congress about Iran/Contra, which prompted the biggest one-week drop in approval for any president in history. He was at around 63% for much of his second term to that point.

Well, sure but it's good to provide the comparison nonetheless because it shows Republicans that Ronaldus Magnus didn't have support of 99% of the country at one point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
USPol January: Obama Hits a Ball Into a GOPher Hole

For those who need context (RIP Robin Williams, our greatest loss this year): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I fully support an investigation into golfghazi in the hopes that it convinces Obama to stop playing a loving lovely 'game'.

$500,000 dollars of tax payer money later....

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Golf is just how rich people in America hold business meetings. I'd say at best 1 in 5 of Obama's golf outings aren't held with the purpose of discussing some issue with someone important. Hope this helps

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
It's now come out that David Duke spoke at the same event Scalise spoke at in 2002. Duke, however, spoke via satellite as he was currently in Russia avoiding prosecution in the US for tax evasion.

It's going to be a fun week for the Whip's office. It's usually a bad sign when your name appears alongside "Stormfront" in multiple news stories.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Might just be my opinion but I certainly thought a lot of the article was spent trying to acknowledge some kinship and shared sadness between the bad experiences of MRA/PUA/Tech/Nerd lovely males and her time as a frustrated sexless youngster. Again, I think it's a forest for the trees situation where she pulled back enough to say "Hey, nerd guys and nerd girls have this" when it strikes me as something that we've known happens to almost every single person who has ever lived.

That's because the article was in response to someone essentially saying that it didn't matter that other people had a lovely childhood, because they, a white male, had a lovely childhood.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Good Citizen posted:

Golf is just how rich people in America hold business meetings. I'd say at best 1 in 5 of Obama's golf outings aren't held with the purpose of discussing some issue with someone important. Hope this helps

Then sit down at a table like adults instead of playing the most boring game known to man.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Talmonis posted:

Near universal for the nerdy social group maybe. Being awkward and getting poo poo on constantly by popular people sure as hell wasn't good for the psyche of my peers. Meeting someone who will show affection to you was the biggest deal I can remember from those years. Feeling loved and worthwhile (not from sex mind you, just from general affection), instead of the constant calls for you to just kill yourself already, that nobody would miss you? Getting body shamed by popular girls in the middle of class, from rumors started by their guy friends? Sure was a nice change to all of that. It was validation that you could be loved. That you didn't deserve to just die already and get out of their sight. That sort of thing is pushed back. Made a dull roar in the back of your mind through the days, instead of front and center of your world. Being lonely was a big deal.

Yeah but that's not the fault of feminism. Not to mention, as the article states, you and other lonely guys talk about what women should be doing for them. Woman are people too, their job is not to save you from your loneliness.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

duz posted:

That's because the article was in response to someone essentially saying that it didn't matter that other people had a lovely childhood, because they, a white male, had a lovely childhood.

Did you read the post she was responding to? Because he doesn't say anything of the sort - he's basically trying to say he wasn't privileged and people accusing him of having "male privilege" sometimes pushes him out of the conversation because he never felt privileged due to his nerdy childhood.

He himself was responding to a commenter who basically said all STEM/nerdy types of guys are terribly biased and inexperience and unable to have a conversation with women about privilege because they, unlike those wonderful men in liberal arts classes, haven't read feminist literature.

EDIT: Also, let me mention the fact that you didn't bother to read the article she was responding to is exactly the thing that women berate men for - in this case, the original commenter berated ALL STEM/nerdy guys for not reading feminist literature. You, in turn, don't read the response, instead reading the last word and assuming the worst of the middle post. So, if you want to be all SJW about this, how about reading BOTH sides of a conversation?

EDIT: Hell, this is a portion of his post:

quote:

I reminded myself, every day, that no, there’s no conspiracy to make the world a hell for shy male nerds. There are only individual women and men trying to play the cards they’re dealt, and the confluence of their interests sometimes leads to crappy outcomes. No woman “owes” male nerds anything; no woman deserves blame if she prefers the Neanderthals; everyone’s free choice demands respect.

Amergin fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 29, 2014

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

CommieGIR posted:

$500,000 dollars of tax payer money later....

"This committee has found that, as punishment for his crimes in Golfghazigatestan, Obama must bowl with his family at least once a week, no less than 3 games per session, for the next 3 months."

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Then sit down at a table like adults instead of playing the most boring game known to man.

Sorry that the state of American business relationship activities bothers you I guess? I don't particularly care for having to know poo poo about football teams so that I can engage in small talk with clients but what can you do

And I kinda like golf as long as drinking is involved

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

But what better way to blatantly flaunt your wealth and power is there than being out on expansive grounds in an exclusive private club while showing off your overpriced equipment?

Also if you talk business in a restaurant someone might actually overhear your horrible opinions.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Good Citizen posted:

Sorry that the state of American business relationship activities bothers you I guess?

The continued existence of golf bothers me.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Raskolnikov38 posted:

The continued existence of golf bothers me.

Let alone that nearly every one of our US Air Force bases has its own Golf Course :psyduck:

They cut the Auto Shop funding at FE Warren AFB to save the Golf Course. THE GOLF COURSE!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CommieGIR posted:

Let alone that nearly every one of our US Air Force bases has its own Golf Course :psyduck:

They cut the Auto Shop funding at FE Warren AFB to save the Golf Course. THE GOLF COURSE!

Lt Cols gotta make their play for O6 somehow.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Joementum posted:

It's going to be a fun week for the Whip's office. It's usually a bad sign when your name appears alongside "Stormfront" in multiple news stories.
So who is gunning for Scalise's position? This happened a decade ago and it is just now getting out. Either someone wants his job or he pissed off someone.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

So who is gunning for Scalise's position? This happened a decade ago and it is just now getting out. Either someone wants his job or he pissed off someone.

The story was started by Lamar White Jr., a progressive blogger in Louisiana who spent the fall digging up dirt on Bill Cassidy. He's sort of a Matt Drudge of the Bayou-left (see his Twitter picture). I guess he got lucky with Google and found an old Stormfront post that mentioned Scalise and went from there.

Scalise was contested in the Whip election last year by Pete Roskam (IL) and Marlin Stutzman (IN), so if Scalise is purged they'd be the likely replacements.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Discussing Scalise as an alternative to Duke on Stormfront in 2004.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

The Tea Party wing. Costra did some excellent reporting on it at the time, but when Cantor went down all the Tea Party people went out celebrating and on the news and talking to donors, confident that someone in their wing would take the position easily. Meanwhile Scalise immediately ordered all his staff back to his office and was making calls and cutting deals to get the position. It was a real "ant & the grasshopper" situation.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Discussing Scalise as an alternative to Duke on Stormfront in 2004.

Does he pronounce it "hwip?" He seems like the kind of guy who would really lean on that H sound.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

Does he pronounce it "hwip?" He seems like the kind of guy who would really lean on that H sound.

Thank you, now I have Stewie Griffin saying "Cool Hwip" in my head.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

It's now come out that David Duke spoke at the same event Scalise spoke at in 2002. Duke, however, spoke via satellite as he was currently in Russia avoiding prosecution in the US for tax evasion.

In other news, Stormfront added 10,000 new users this week.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Lt Cols gotta make their play for O6 somehow.

Yeah no kidding, how do you think work gets done on base?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Thank you, now I have Stewie Griffin saying "Cool Hwip" in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAjPOpws0eE

There, that should take care of it. All the entendre you can eat and more, given that they put a literal no-poo poo white supremacist and possible no-poo poo actual neo nazi in the "house majority whip" position.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Bonus quote of the day, "Jesus dined with tax collectors and sinners... I know [Scalise's] heart." ~ Steve King, not helping.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Joementum posted:

Bonus quote of the day, "Jesus dined with tax collectors and sinners... I know [Scalise's] heart." ~ Steve King, not helping.

Tax collectors are just as bad as white supremacists and Scalise is just like Jesus...

Man Steve King how have you gotten so far in the world with the inability to shut your mouth?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Welp, wrap it up.

costareports posted:

In his 2002 speech at NOLA-area event, David Duke spoke of "Israeli treachery in regard to the 9-11 attacks and the Jewish supremacy"

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

edit^^^^ holy poo poo, yeah, he's done.

Sir Tonk posted:

Yeah no kidding, how do you think work gets done on base?
The enlisted.

Fried Chicken fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 30, 2014

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Robert Costa's Twitter posted:

REP. STEVE KING calls Post, says he stands by Scalise. "Jesus dined with tax collectors and sinners... I know [Steve's] heart."

Well this wasn't surprising in the least.

edit: GODDAMN YOU JOEMENTUM. GODDAMN YOU TO HELL.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Pinterest Mom posted:

Welp, wrap it up.

It should not surprise you to learn that the summary there greatly understates Duke's full remarks.

Though I'll give points to Scalise's staff for pointing out that he's Catholic, which is another group that Duke hates. That's gotta count for something, right? :v:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Fried Chicken posted:

edit^^^^ holy poo poo, yeah, he's done.

The enlisted.

Not if they can help it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
One half of the Koch duo is pushing for justice reform. Something about the consequences for crimes not being exactly fair.

I agree. Let's paint Wall Street red.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Joementum posted:

It should not surprise you to learn that the summary there greatly understates Duke's full remarks.

quote:

Who are the Real Racial Supremacists?

lmao

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

The possible leader of civilizing forces stands with Scailse for what it's worth

:newt: <- still the greatest smiley

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Not if they can help it.

So they are like every other typical wage worker in the world.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

Not if they can help it.

O-5s trying to get O-6 don't cause nearly as much bullshit work as E-5s trying to get E-6.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Welp, as they say in Hebrew: "Molotov!" to his chances

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

Welp, wrap it up.

hahaha

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Joementum posted:

Though I'll give points to Scalise's staff for pointing out that he's Catholic, which is another group that Duke hates. That's gotta count for something, right? :v:

How did Duke survive in Louisiana when he hated Catholics.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Sheer hatred of JFK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pohl posted:

So they are like every other typical wage worker in the world.

"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear considerable watching" -variously attributed to a 19th century Army officer's manual, a early-20th century Navy guide, and George Washington.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Likely be being much louder in his thinly-masked hate of more acceptable targets.

• Locked thread