Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

Express:

:sun: It's cold! :supaburn:

I bet thomas is chuffed to have finally been able to make a cartoon entirely featuring birds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the child abuse inquiry – Simon Danczuk said the Home Office was making so many mistakes that he was starting to suspect it wanted to stop the inquiry getting to the truth"

Yesterday's Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Scientists attack Home Secretary's student exit plan

Express:

Pothole repair funds allocated to councils in England

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on immigration – Theresa May has announced plans to force foreign graduates to leave the country before they get a chance to apply for work here"

Yesterday's Telegraph:

North Korea struggles to stay online

Telegraph:

UK economic growth revised down

Independent:

Times:

Nick Clegg hits Sheffield campaign trail amid fears of Labour swoop

Express:

-----
:sassargh: Merry Christmas, thread! :tfrxmas:                                              :ohdearsass:

bicycle
Oct 23, 2013
there's no way a kid who lived in a house with such a huge tree and massive fireplace would be wearing a hoodie and trackies

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They spend all their benefits on treestations and 40" flatscreen log fires :argh:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardians:

"Ben Jennings on public service cuts – Danny Alexander claims the Tories plan is to keep reducing public spending beyond what is necessary, which could result in the wilful destruction of important parts of public services"

"Ben Jennings on the collapse of City Link - More than 4,000 jobs at risk after parcel delivery firm calls in administrators"

Telegraph:

Independents:

After Alonso Cano.

Timeses

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Lol, "vote UKIP get Labour". They're really going to try that poo poo again.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
I look forward to a Labour-UKIP coalition and the hilarity that will bring in 2015.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

I look forward to a Labour-UKIP coalition and the hilarity that will bring in 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ziXpIPAhD4

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Yesterday's Observer:

"David Cameron's Christmas nightmare - Chris Riddell on looming problems for the prime minister"

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on travel chaos – Thousands of passengers suffered major disruptions to their journeys as all trains into and out of London's King's Cross were cancelled on Saturday due to overrunning engineering works"

Yesterday's Sunday Telegraph:

Telegraph:

Independent:

Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times

Times:

Russia economic crisis: Putin cancels ministers' holidays

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Nato's move to end combat operations in Afghanistan – Nato withdrawal after 13 years leaves Afghan army and police in charge of security"

Telegraph:

Network Rail boss 'may take bonus' after disruption

Independent:

Ofcom boss ‘surprised’ by informality between Murdoch and government

Times:

Greek MPs' vote triggers snap poll

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Nato's move to end combat operations in Afghanistan – Nato withdrawal after 13 years leaves Afghan army and police in charge of security"

It needs Russian boot prints - but NATO covers pretty much all the other imperial powers.

Can't wait to see 'Bitter Lake'

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Who are the two people standing behind Merkel and Hollande in the times cartoon supposed to be?

Also, they could've given the gormless Greek firebug Tsipras' face, although that may be expecting a bit too much.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
Guy with white hair looks a bit like von Rompuy. Blacked hair guy I'm guessing is meant to be Draghi?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Greece – The election campaign in Greece looks set to be dominated by populist rhetoric, and is likely to take the country to the exit door of the euro, and possibly the EU"

Telegraph:

United Kingdom general election, 2015

Independent:

Thatcher considered UK chemical weapons programme, documents show

Times:

Ebola nurse may be offered recovered patients' plasma; Tories 'n' Europe.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on UN climate change talks – All leaders must rise to the challenge for December 2015, warns outgoing EU climate chief"

Independent:

Tony Blair says Labour 'left-wing' warning 'misinterpreted'

Times:

Since it's been suggested that we merge this thread back into the main Politoons thread, should we keep this one going or what?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Keep this one going, I never have and never will read politoons.

return0
Apr 11, 2007
Keep this thread.

0dB
Jan 3, 2009
This is a different thread. It's like a sitcom, starring David Cameron.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Yeah, the main politoons thread is just too depressingly full of shitheads being racist. They make MAC and Thomas seem quaint and loveable in comparison. And I don't want them to seem quaint and loveable.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Judging by the nonexistent reaction to the last batch of UK toons in the big thread, I think it's a good idea for this one to stay open.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like this thread a lot.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

mrpwase posted:

Judging by the nonexistent reaction to the last batch of UK toons in the big thread, I think it's a good idea for this one to stay open.

Yeah. Keep this thread and then just crosspost the interesting ones with explanations to the other thread.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Geokinesis posted:

Yeah. Keep this thread and then just crosspost the interesting ones with explanations to the other thread.

Yeah, seconding this. These would be lost under the mountain of US specific cartoons if the threads were merged.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Just send all the Paul Thomas ones over there, that'll learn 'em

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Cloud Potato posted:

Since it's been suggested that we merge this thread back into the main Politoons thread, should we keep this one going or what?

gently caress no, I love this thread. Politoons would not improve it.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

baka kaba posted:

Just send all the Paul Thomas ones over there, that'll learn 'em

I think the thread would melt from the sheer mind-numbing inanity of his weird thumb-people.

No, Paul Thomas must be contained here; it is our burden to bear, just as theirs are Gorrell, and Kirschen.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Cloud Potato posted:

Yesterday's Observer:

"David Cameron's Christmas nightmare - Chris Riddell on looming problems for the prime minister"

Good to see that Chris "One Cartoon" Riddell has sold this old favourite to the Observer yet again. I've got nothing better to do while I wait for this Steam download to finish, so...

http://www.theguardian.com/theobserver/cartoon/2010/oct/24/david-cameron-spending-cuts-demons
http://www.theguardian.com/theobserver/cartoon/2012/mar/04/davidcameron-nickclegg
http://www.theguardian.com/theobserver/cartoon/2012/may/27/davidcameron-economicgrowth
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/cartoon/2013/may/19/davidcameron-europe-news
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/cartoon/2013/oct/13/davidcameron-privatisation
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/cartoon/2014/apr/06/davidcameron-royal-mail
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/cartoon/2014/aug/31/davidcameron-ukip-russia-syria
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/cartoon/2014/dec/28/davidcameron-conservatives

Never before in the field of editorial cartooning has so much been owed by one man to one dead horse...

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Thank you all for the vote of confidence. :yayclod:

Pesky Splinter posted:

Paul Thomas must be contained here; it is our burden to bear, just as theirs are Gorrell, and Kirschen.

Oh no. They asked for it.

Guardian:

"First Dog on the Moon on Pope Francis – Pope Francis has urged people of all religions and cultures to unite to fight modern slavery and human trafficking, saying in his first mass of 2015 that everyone has a God-given right to be free"

Yesterday's Telegraph:

Telegraph:

Nigel Farage says he will do dry January for his 'unpredictable' New Year's resolution

Times:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Cloud Potato posted:

Is Thomas on strike lately or has the part of my visual cortex that deals with perspective finally started blotting him out?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Cloud Potato posted:

Oh, go on then. Release the hound :unsmigghh:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Pilchenstein posted:

Is Thomas on strike lately or has the part of my visual cortex that deals with perspective finally started blotting him out?

More likely just on holiday. Although his lack of activity does mess up the banner on the Express website.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Every day is Christmas with Paul Thomas.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cloud Potato posted:

More likely just on holiday. Although his lack of activity does mess up the banner on the Express website.

It's like the end of Black Mirror with Paul Thomas in place of Wizzard. Now that's a terrifying thought.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Guavanaut posted:

Every day is Christmas with Paul Thomas.
For a second there, I entertained the notion that he'd done six comics in a row by just replacing the words "new iPad" with other bits of tech.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Pilchenstein posted:

For a second there, I entertained the notion that he'd done six comics in a row by just replacing the words "new iPad" with other bits of tech.

Taking a note from Kelly and making it "SOME GIZMO" would fit.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Conservative election campaign – David Cameron is to launch a controversial Conservative advertisement claiming the party has halved the deficit while in government"

Independent:

After Degas.

Times:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I'd vote for that horse

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Is it wrong that I quite like this one even if it is just "here's a bunch of visual metaphors"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

That horse's face is great.

• Locked thread