Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
I don't know how it would be better, about the same, I wasn't really freaked out about the gore, more the horrible painful screams as they dug around her insides. The Raiden mission at least reassures me that the game will still be like Kojima's other games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Brad... your game of the year... c'mon man

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Brad is annoying during these talks because it seems like he's willing to put a game on a list simply because he likes it and his fight for said game gets tiring quickly. Like Brad's list would consist of nothing but DOTA2 and Destiny if he could get away with it.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Brad putting dota and destiny on his list is fine given that he's a fat brained moron

He still managed to put good games on the rest of it

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The fact that you people don't like this man baffles me.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

NienNunb posted:

Brad's fine his opinions are just mostly wrong

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

So it makes him the same as every other person there.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
I guess I understand why Jeff is so tired of all video games, the games in his head are all better.

#wreckhaus GotY 2015

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

NienNunb posted:

Brad may be a fine human being but his opinions are bad.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jeff and I share a favorite video game Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 so he's cool with me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dan doesn't talk enough for the GOTY podcasts. It's like 80% Alex and Patrick talking to each other and that's bad to me.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like Brad. He reminds me of what it would be like to be a Batman henchman.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Brad posted:

And even this year, the evolution of Dota 2's free-to-play model and the mainstream cultural impact of The International meant that Dota 2 was more "important" than most games that did come out this year, if you care about such things.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
brad, you can't put a game from 2011 on your 2014 list, come the gently caress on!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dota 2 is pure concentrated Game AIDS but I still like Brad because Brothers was the best game of 2013.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Dota 2 is pure concentrated Game AIDS but I still like Brad because Brothers was the best game of 2013.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Haha.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I understand where you're coming with Dota 2 completely, Brad. I am nearing my 2000th match with Dota 2 and I will likely go well beyond that over time. The game is incredibly rewarding once you actually understand all the moving parts. It's the steep learning curve that is off-putting for most because they are used to instantaneously being able to master games because they are so straight-forward and don't have so many mechanics that work in tandem, each as crucial as the next.

Dota 2 rewards players who understand all of those moving parts and how they each affect one another. The game is about executing on a micro and a macro level. You need to be able to play effectively, but also be reactive, you are reliant on your team, you have to... yeah, you could go on and on about it. Solid title and a great inclusion on the list.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

DOTA2 is a very important issue like all pandemics

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He's right.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Blackheart posted:

I understand where you're coming with Dota 2 completely, Brad. I am nearing my 2000th match with Dota 2 and I will likely go well beyond that over time. The game is incredibly rewarding once you actually understand all the moving parts. It's the steep learning curve that is off-putting for most because they are used to instantaneously being able to master games because they are so straight-forward and don't have so many mechanics that work in tandem, each as crucial as the next.

Dota 2 rewards players who understand all of those moving parts and how they each affect one another. The game is about executing on a micro and a macro level. You need to be able to play effectively, but also be reactive, you are reliant on your team, you have to... yeah, you could go on and on about it. Solid title and a great inclusion on the list.

How many games before I stop getting called a cocksucker in 20 languages?

Assume I can't con any of my friends into playing esports with me.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The Jeff portions of Day 4's video are not good. It's the same joke done 100x for 11 minutes.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The Jeff portions of Day 4's video are not good. It's the same joke done 100x for 11 minutes.

I expect more from Jeff, especially given Alex and Vinny and Dan.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i liked brad's guinea pigs.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dota 2 is my most played game of the year and i would not put it on a top 10 list and there weren't even ten good games produced this year (or any year)

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Alex is somehow, despite being a man, a bitch.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

[GOTY] Shovel Knight:
  • Did not win Best OST
  • Did not win Best Debut
Games they will gladly argue 40 minutes over:
  • Destiny
  • Titanfall
  • Dota 2

Remind me again why I listen to this AIDS rubbish??

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Brad Shoemaker Hates This! Ten Weird Games Better Than Brothers Discovered By Jeff

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

anyone who is a real gamer doesn't state that they're a real gamer.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

[GOTY] Shovel Knight:
  • Did not win Best OST
  • Did not win Best Debut
Games they will gladly argue 40 minutes over:
  • Destiny
  • Titanfall
  • Dota 2

Remind me again why I listen to this AIDS rubbish??

For Vinny and Dan

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

alex needs to shut up. not only does he sound like a squidward's mammalian cousin, but he can't just say something without somehow managing to milk 5 sentences out of it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I have a soft spot for Alex.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

His Stopping To Grasp Around In His Psychotic Brain For The Smartest Sounding Way To Say Something isn't nearly as irritating as Patrick or even Drew's way of doing it, and, he seems a lot more self aware.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Drew's just that smart.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
drew just has a life outside of video games

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Brad: ok enough of this nonsense. This tomfoolery. I think we all know what the real game of the year is...
Jeff: what.
Alex: yes brad what are you talking about.
Brad: Oh? You dont know?

Brad takes out a rubber band and begins to tie it tight around his arm. He takes out a syringe and finds a vein and plunges the needle into the vein. As itt takes effect he looks at everybody and starts to giggle and then get red and then he starts laughing maniacally
Brad: GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!! GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don't think that actually happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

It did