Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Bischoff said they were full of poo poo because they were under contract.

So my options are believe Scott Hall and Kevin Nash or believe Eric Bischoff?

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
A good rule of thumb is that if it involves WCW doing something incredibly stupid with money, Believe the person saying they were incredibly stupid with money.

Archbishop Karaoke
May 10, 2006

I'm wondering how much more mileage they'll have with the Monday Night Wars. The most recent episode could basically be retitled "How Bad Did WCW gently caress Ric Flair?" and ends with Bischoff's 1999 departure.

I'm guessing there's going to be:
-The Russo/Ferrara Experiment
-The WCW 2000 Reboot
-The Buyout
-Probably a Stephanie and Shane episode
-Maybe a Triple H In 2000-2001 episode?
-Maybe a "look at how cool the TLC match was" episode? (even though the Rivalries episode with E&C/The Hardys that's coming up will cover a lot of that)

But I can't think of much else. Anything I'm obviously missing besides an episode dedicated to the framed Scott Hall photo?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

A good rule of thumb is that if it involves WCW doing something incredibly stupid with money, Believe the person saying they were incredibly stupid with money.

Kevin and Scott lie but Bischoff is just about pathological and even published a book full of lies.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If Nash had said it first I'd be more inclined to believe Bischoff, but despite the drunkenness I've always felt Hall was more sincere.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bischoff doesn't really have to be believed here, WCW clearly knew their contracts were legit based on how the WWF was forced to change course and the pay records Meltzer was given later on for unrelated reasons. Nash and Hall aren't necessarily lying, just mixing up when and why they got their raises.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

It's also been done before and since, I just don't think it's ever been with a non masked gimmick. It's not the worst concept and I get doing it for legal reasons and to try and hotshot ratings but it was just terrible.

It woulda helped that the New Razor and New Diesel were worth the tights they were filling.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Aren't there only a couple episodes left? Is there a listing for this weeks topic?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

edit: wrong thread

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
So for the inaugural debut of "WWE Quick Hits" which is a compilation of the various little tiny videos and clips on From The Vault and the like the producers decided that one of the spots they needed to spotlight was showing most of DX in blackface.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

SirDippingSauce posted:

So for the inaugural debut of "WWE Quick Hits" which is a compilation of the various little tiny videos and clips on From The Vault and the like the producers decided that one of the spots they needed to spotlight was showing most of DX in blackface.

I swear that same clip is in like two countdowns and four episodes of Monday Night War. They're weirdly proud of it.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
TIL that "Stan Stanski" is also the name of the head of WWE Creative Services.

Jayou
Mar 14, 2007

Sparkly Vampires are Wrestlicious!
Fool me once WWE....

http://www.wwe.com/wwenetwork/watch-in-united-kingdom-26927624

The Network to launch in the UK on January 19th for £9.99/ €12.99 (not $9.99). I look forward to this getting pulled 5 minutes before launch again.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I wonder if I can keep my $9.99 subscription and access it without VPN...

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
UK Network finally launches and it's scheduled for my birthday?

Oh, Vince...:allears:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Her Dryer posted:

UK Network finally launches and it's scheduled for my birthday?

Oh, Vince...:allears:

Double pain for you then when it gets pulled

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
£9.99 can gently caress off. A US account + VPN is cheaper.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

pressedbunny posted:

It's like $15 for me for both right now so it's basically the same.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Also doesn't using a vpn limit you to using it just on PC?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Nah, I've got it working on all my consoles, too. Dunno about phones, never cared to use such things for watching anything longer than 60 seconds.

Blasmeister posted:

It's like $15 for me for both right now so it's basically the same.
True, there's not much of a difference, but if you want to get to the US Amazon/Netflix/Hulu then you'd be paying for a VPN service anyway, so unless the Network actually is the only thing you're using it does work out sort-of cheaper. Plus I'm not entirely convinced the UK Network will have everything the US one does; call me pessimistic, but it's pretty typical for us to get shafted, content-wise.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Chances are they'll remove the region block so you'll be able to just cancel the VPN and it'll work like it should.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Daniel Bryan posted:

Chances are they'll remove the region block so you'll be able to just cancel the VPN and it'll work like it should.

Hoping this is the case

Kaveman posted:

Also doesn't using a vpn limit you to using it just on PC?

I think it does if you're using one of the free VPNs but unblock.us works through DNS so you can put it at router level.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Well at least UK folks holding out won't have the excuse of saying paying for a VPN service will make it more expensive now :allears:

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

If any of you other non-americans are paying for a dns instead of using hola for free, please explain why in less than 100 words.

Jayou
Mar 14, 2007

Sparkly Vampires are Wrestlicious!

Sir Jebus posted:

If any of you other non-americans are paying for a dns instead of using hola for free, please explain why in less than 100 words.

Because I prefer to watch Netflix/WWE Network through my TV with Apple TV rather than watch it on my laptop. That convenience is worth £2 a month to me. I seem to have a lot of words left over.... Their customer support is good too? Thats a few extra words.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Sir Jebus posted:

Hola opens up your connection as an end-point for other users. gently caress that.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Sir Jebus posted:

I hate the spanish language.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Von Linus posted:

I hate the spanish language.

Valid reason.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
unblockus has a cool feature [and i'm not sure how it works either] where if your internet has changed such as from an IP change/router reset it will let you know and a quick re-fresh will sort out all of your devices again ready for WWE network/netflix/etc viewing.

It also has a nice website/company feel; I've heard that hola is slow and is bad for some other bits. Other than the initial DNS changes and device resets, i've never had to manually muck with anything else since. Good deal, and I can watch Prime time wrestling on the shitter.

I've not done the maths, but as a UK person, I get the WWE Network, and overseas browsing content for still less than what I would get for £9.99. If i'm wrong, the 6 dollars something for WWE plus the VPN is not worth uprouting my setup to lose netflix region hopping.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Yeah unblockus owns. And it means I can watch the network and US Netflix through my Playstation.

Anyway, started watching Tuesday Night Titans. It's basically comfort viewing. Though the first episode does contain a vaguely racist extended bit where Vince and Lord Alfred have to eat some smelly foreign food.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Batista is the #1 crybaby? Really?

What about him? What about Raven!?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

That DICK! posted:

Batista is the #1 crybaby? Really?

What about him? What about Raven!?

The poll was taken when Batista was whining about his one-on-one title match at Wrestlemania.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I didn't think Vince Russo could be buried enough. The new Monday Night Wars may bury him too much.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

pressedbunny posted:

Meltzer said on today's Observer podcast that he's heard it's because Sky are getting a cut. So WWE are probably still just making their $9.99 US, but the rest is going to Murdoch in return for not pitching a fit about undercutting PPV prices.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Snacksmaniac posted:

I didn't think Vince Russo could be buried enough. The new Monday Night Wars may bury him too much.

I wish they would have just named it "Russo sucks" instead of "The Fall of WCW"

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Vince basically said "Russo never had any good ideas ever it was all me and he happened to be there."

Aside: Highlight of my wrestling career is telling Russo "you suck" to his face at a TNA PPV and he heard me and gave me the thumbs up. Jokes on me: I paid to go to a TNA PPV!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The funniest part of "The Fall of WCW" episode is when they reference Saturn, Malenko, Guerrero, and Benoit leaving and they show a picture of the four with a separate picture of Guerrero covering up Benoit and Guerrero.

e: I take it back. The funniest part is one of Steiner's "hey I'm going out and cutting a promo" deals where he tells the audience to change the channel because "WCW sucks".

e2: Haha this episode is gold. Actual Hogan quote - "I had a contract with creative control. Which I had never exercised until this situation" (referring to Bash at the Beach 2000).

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jan 7, 2015

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
MNW feels good when it doesn't start with a 15 minute recap.

How many episodes of this are left?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Dango Bango posted:

e2: Haha this episode is gold. Actual Hogan quote - "I had a contract with creative control. Which I had never exercised until this situation" (referring to Bash at the Beach 2000).

I often wonder how peoples' heads don't just explode whenever Hogan opens his mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Just one episode left!!