Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

Mills posted:

My tone is probably the most polite in the thread. I could be more egregious when responding to you if it would help you.

Go for it, I honestly don't give a poo poo. Be as rude as you like, just answer the goddamn questions that have been posed of your gently caress-witted thought bubble about the latest thing you've decided poors don't have the right to for having the audacity to have ended up part of the reserve army of labour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Well you specifically implied that you didn't appreciate my tone, so I'm wondering what tone suits you. You can't say you don't appreciate it and then say you are indifferent. That's just silly. Let's be civil here.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

lol abbottsgonnawin

Laserface posted:

I dont get why you are complaining about the cost to society when it would create more jobs for more people to work in and therefore have kids.

Because you're the one crying and geshreying about how much it's costing you for people to have kids. We're all for public spending to create jobs, we just also oppose the mass violation of bodily autonomy to do that. You don't oppose that violation, but you're apparently all fired-up about what your tax dollars fund. Are you actually that spiteful that you'd spend more money on a mass program of reproductive surveillance just so you don't have to have a small part of your paycheque go towards "paying for people's babies?"

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Laserface posted:

I dont get why you are complaining about the cost to society when it would create more jobs for more people to work in and therefore have kids.

You haven't answered the question about who would pay for the cost of such a policy and how said policy could be enforced, as outlined in Quantum Mechanics post. Therefore, you clearly have no answer and also no clue.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Quantum Mechanic posted:

Because you're the one crying and geshreying about how much it's costing you for people to have kids. We're all for public spending to create jobs, we just also oppose the mass violation of bodily autonomy to do that. You don't oppose that violation, but you're apparently all fired-up about what your tax dollars fund. Are you actually that spiteful that you'd spend more money on a mass program of reproductive surveillance just so you don't have to have a small part of your paycheque go towards "paying for people's babies?"

I say we just forcibly insert IUDs directly into the uteri of all women on the dole, and those who aren't on the dole but whose personal finances aren't up to scratch.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

lol abbottsgonnawin

Mills posted:

Well you specifically implied that you didn't appreciate my tone, so I'm wondering what tone suits you. You can't say you don't appreciate it and then say you are indifferent. That's just silly. Let's be civil here.

I don't appreciate your tone because you're acting offended at the idea that people have called you a monster for acting like a loving monster. You have no right to be the offended party in this conversation considering you've literally proposed a program of eugenics that you now refuse to actually back up with any sort of considered thought, instead attempting to dodge questioning by crying about the tone of others.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm just here asking questions! I'm not here to answer them.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Mithranderp posted:

I say we just forcibly insert IUDs directly into the uteri of all women on the dole, and those who aren't on the dole but whose personal finances aren't up to scratch.

*does an audit of Mills' and Mrs Mills' finances* "Well, I'm terribly sorry folks, but due to the current market conditions it looks like you've overextended yourselves on several loans. I'm afraid we're going to have to place you on enforced contraception. Mrs Mills, please come with me while I insert this device inside you."

Mills: "But I didn't vote for this!!!!!"

/friendlyjordies

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

lol abbottsgonnawin
Well to be fair, "no right" is incorrect, you have the right to whatever hurt fee-fees you choose, we just also have the right to call you a goddamn waste of oxygen who can't even pull up a pseudointellectual justification for his pet eugenics program. Free speech is a wonderful thing.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Well now you're just making things up.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Avshalom posted:

I think the unwanted babies of poors should be minced and converted into fertiliser for community gardens in maximum-security state prisons. Then the prisoners can farm vegetables and marijuana for impoverished communities.

This, except replace "unwanted babies of poors" with "tories"

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

lol abbottsgonnawin
What, that you're an apologist for eugenics? You're literally advocating sterilising a group of people for not meeting an arbitrary set of standards that you now refuse to clarify.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

This is outrageous. I'll be happy to continue this debate later when QM is finished with his fantasies. :shrug:

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

lol abbottsgonnawin
Let's be vague and call this group of people "untermenschen."

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

I think when a conversation has gone on for more than two pages without moving forwards at all it's time to start ignoring Mills.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Better yet, we could have enforced vasectomies for men who's personal finances aren't up to scratch.

Auditor: "Sorry Mr Mills, you're going to have to have a bit of a snip of the old boys, please come into this room and be seated."

Doctor: "This won't take a moment....oh my, I've made a bit of a slip here, have you ever thought of joining a choir? I'd have done a better job but I went to a university that was defunded."

Mills: "Noooooooooooooo!"

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

I was wrong, this has actually been a super interesting and entirely unpredictable series of posts.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

:munch:

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Seriously, if you've ever had to think about bodily autonomy, or even the vague concept of consent at all in your life, you would understand what a horribly hosed up Bad Idea this would be.

[TRIGGER WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS REFERENCES TO ABORTION]

In case you've never thought about it before:

A woman, let's call her Mary for irony's sake, is on the dole for whatever reason, and has to go to the doctor once a month to make sure she isn't pregnant. Because condoms are not on the government list of approved contraception (due to their inefficiency and ability to be tampered with), she decides to go on the pill. She finds out that all forms of the pill cause her to experience major depression and suicidal thoughts. Because of this, she has to get an IUD (intra-uterine device) inserted. The process is painful. A month later, she finds out that despite her best efforts, she is pregnant. She has to get an abortion, specifically taking a pill which will abort the foetus. She experiences horrible cramping and pain, culminating in her uterus expelling the foetus in a bloody mess, which Mary has to deal with herself. Because of her pregnancy, Mary's hormones are fukt, and her entire sense of bodily autonomy is fukt because she has been violated on a regular basis by her own government.

Mary has been too depressed to even think about finding a job.

This isn't even taking into account that many religions forbid the use of contraception and/or abortions. So, if Mary wants to keep the baby because she is devoutly catholic, she has the option to...kill herself.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
mandatory contraception until the age of 18 would be a good start.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Id like a free vasectomy.

Mithranderp posted:

[TRIGGER WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS REFERENCES TO ABORTION]

:lol:

wouldnt want to offend someone, lets just tell them to kill themselves for not agreeing with me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Good thread today. Keep it up all.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Laserface posted:

wouldnt want to offend someone, lets just tell them to kill themselves for not agreeing with me.

Hi,

I haven't told anyone to kill themselves. You can, however, go gently caress yourself.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Laserface posted:

A better solution is obviously a license to reproduce. make it cost more than a fortnightly dole cheque - problem solved.

I love the bizarre fantasy land that so many tories occupy where legistlating against something stops it from occurring.

Where the freedom of choice to raise a family is second to the freedom to take from society without giving back.

Also:

Mills posted:

How does society make judgement about what is or isn't a human right without a healthy democratic dialogue?

It generally starts with being born, so I can see where your confusion stems from.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It's late 2015 and our friend Mills is down on his luck. A new GFC has struck the planet because world leaders kept their heads firmly lodged in their backsides and Mills lost his job, despite feeling he would ever be above such a circumstance. With the job market in a nosedove, Mills finds himself unable to acquire gainful employment. Worse, his finances are in horrible shape.

Mills returns home one day from the Centrelink office, to find his wife Mary dead, having taken her own life. Blood is strewn all over the room, with Mary's last act writing on a wall "You did this!" with her own blood. Mills stares at the scene before him, stunned and shocked that such circumstances could ever occur, that he once thought anything of this sort would never happen to him.

His next action is obvious, there can be no other choice. He launches himself out of his window like a banker during the Wall Street crash of '29.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Sanguine posted:

I love the bizarre fantasy land that so many tories

I vote greens hth

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Laserface posted:

If not for the fact that this all started based on a suggestion from a former minister, I'd be sure you're just trolling.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

it's weird how it's always the posters with the most reprehensible opinions that are the most insistent on a ~calm and mature debate~

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

:siren: Trigger warning :siren:

DIFFERING OPINION

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Quantum Mechanic posted:

What, that you're an apologist for eugenics? You're literally advocating sterilising a group of people for not meeting an arbitrary set of standards that you now refuse to clarify.

No no you've got Mills all wrong. He thinks he's a funny guy.

open24hours posted:

I was wrong, this has actually been a super interesting and entirely unpredictable series of posts.

Mills-lite.

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

Jonah Galtberg posted:

it's weird how it's always the posters with the most reprehensible opinions that are the most insistent on a ~calm and mature debate~

Sociopaths generally find it easy to remain calm in the face of human rights violations.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Turks posted:

Sociopaths generally find it easy to remain calm in the face of human rights violations.

No but guys we need to have a calm discussion about it, preferably one in which we decide that bodily autonomy isn't a human right.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Mills posted:

This is outrageous. I'll be happy to continue this debate later when QM is finished with his fantasies. :shrug:

Translation: I'm going to run away and come back when the heat's died down and the milquetoast group of Auspollers that like me as a person even though I'm actually poo poo are back online

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Every time you say milquetoast it sounds seriously delicious.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Mills posted:

Every time you say milquetoast it sounds seriously delicious.

hrm yes, divert the conversation away from politics, throw out superficially good natured nothings

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Mills, what do you think of the idea of making contraceptive cheap/free for everyone in society rather than just mandatory for poors?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Without giving it much thought, I think it's fine as a standalone idea. Unwanted pregnancies probably harm society more than the cost of universally available contraception, although this is clearly a subjective calculation that I am making on a whim right now to humour you.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

CrazyTolradi posted:

Better yet, we could have enforced vasectomies for men who's personal finances aren't up to scratch.

Auditor: "Sorry Mr Mills, you're going to have to have a bit of a snip of the old boys, please come into this room and be seated."

Doctor: "This won't take a moment....oh my, I've made a bit of a slip here, have you ever thought of joining a choir? I'd have done a better job but I went to a university that was defunded."

Mills: "Noooooooooooooo!"

Woah woah woah. As a white heterosexual male I think it's important to remember that women are the ones who carry the babies, therefore all financial, moral and preventative costs need to be placed solely on them. I wasn't born a woman, why should I have to have a simple one time low cost surgery to remove my chances of procreating? Let the womenfolk deal with the horrible hormone swings of semi-preventative contraception.

CrazyTolradi posted:

It's late 2015 and our friend Mills is down on his luck. A new GFC has struck the planet because world leaders kept their heads firmly lodged in their backsides and Mills lost his job, despite feeling he would ever be above such a circumstance. With the job market in a nosedove, Mills finds himself unable to acquire gainful employment. Worse, his finances are in horrible shape.

Mills returns home one day from the Centrelink office, to find his wife Mary dead, having taken her own life. Blood is strewn all over the room, with Mary's last act writing on a wall "You did this!" with her own blood. Mills stares at the scene before him, stunned and shocked that such circumstances could ever occur, that he once thought anything of this sort would never happen to him.

His next action is obvious, there can be no other choice. He launches himself out of his window like a banker during the Wall Street crash of '29.

Your sex fantasies are getting a bit over the top, not to mention out of place for D&D. As a white, heterosexual male of the ruling class this makes me uncomfortable. Please report yourself for reeducation as soon as possible. It's not okay to visibly bash on the black man, you need to do it quietly where people cant see it. Also, no one jumped to their death from wall street - that was a rumour to make white men seem less powerful then we really are.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
there is not a single person on this gay heteronormative earth who doesn't click on people's posts when they have them ignored

ignoring posters is some serious lmao stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

CrazyTolradi posted:

You haven't answered the question about who would pay for the cost of such a policy and how said policy could be enforced, as outlined in Quantum Mechanics post. Therefore, you clearly have no answer and also no clue.

Also, still hasn't provided any compelling evidence that:

A) you can actually live the life of riley on child support payments, and not some lovely hand-to-mouth existence on the the unemployment riddled outer fringes of a major city
B) these welfare queens making mad bank by deliberately having kids even exist outside of the fevered imaginings of talkback radio hosts
C) if they do exist, that there's any good reason to think about trying to disincentivising them before looking at all the other problems in commonwealth revenues (such as concessional super contributions for high income earners, as Cartoon's mentioned).

In Mills' case, maybe we could advocate for retrospective/post-natal contraception.

• Locked thread