Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Fruity Gordo posted:

Bodily autonomy: an extremist proposition.

No but the unironic well past its due date use of "kill yourself" that is now used with all seriousness and unflinching shows people have lost track of their ideals and are now driven by only by anger and emotion for themselves. Extremism doesn't necessarily mean just politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

Extremism on both ends of the spectrum makes people unreasonable and negatively emotional. Everyone in this thread from the smugs to the outraged need to stop and take a long look at what the hell they are doing right now and why. Belgaer is the smartest person in this thread right now as they know to keep out of this while everyone else just entrenches themselves further and further in the opinions they already had. This is just sad to watch.

Arguing against mandatory contraception for poor people isn't really unreasonable or extreme Lid. The truth isn't always in the middle.

I don't disagree with Belgaer's goodposter status though.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I think poors should not be allowed to have genitalia unless they prove they can afford them by buying a pre-made set.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Lid posted:

No but the unironic well past its due date use of "kill yourself" that is now used with all seriousness and unflinching shows people have lost track of their ideals and are now driven by only by anger and emotion for themselves. Extremism doesn't necessarily mean just politics.

Nah :)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

hooman posted:

Arguing against mandatory contraception for poor people isn't really unreasonable or extreme Lid. The truth isn't always in the middle.

I don't disagree with Belgaer's goodposter status though.

I am no way advocating a centrist response to this, and i made no mention of what was being discussed because the issue could've been anything. I'm on one of your sides in this "debate" as truth goes but this isn't a debate, its smug demagoguing from all sides either lashing out in anger or smugly trying to sniff Andrew Bolt's farts by smirkingly being horrible people.

Just stop it.

Everyone. Stop.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
yeah fruity totally doesnt have anger issues, theres nothign wrong with threatening a person with bodily harm over a loving discussion about politics

no anger issues there

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Lid posted:

Just stop it.

Everyone. Stop.

The kindergarten's that way son if you can't help yourself. What a bunch of keyboard warriors. My compliments to the lurkers who are truly the best of auspol today.

Nuclear Spy
Jun 10, 2008

feeling under?

hooman posted:

It has also been pointed out many times that lurkers have appreciated the various points of view expressed although a lot of the recent responses have well bypassed the unironicness levels of "kill yourself".

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Lid posted:

Extremism on both ends of the spectrum makes people unreasonable and negatively emotional. Everyone in this thread from the smugs to the outraged need to stop and take a long look at what the hell they are doing right now and why. Belgaer is the smartest person in this thread right now as they know to keep out of this while everyone else just entrenches themselves further and further in the opinions they already had. This is just sad to watch.

Echo chamber's been bored nitpicking discrepancies and deviations from the Greens's policy handbook and they're just happy to have Mills back

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I agree with Lid.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Stop the Scrotes posted:

yeah fruity totally doesnt have anger issues, theres nothign wrong with threatening a person with bodily harm over a loving discussion about politics

no anger issues there

Hmmm yase, saying that you need to have your face kicked in is a direct threat, I'm buying my ticket to Rangoon right now to kick your face in, watch out. Meanwhile, everybody watch while I seriously advocate for inflicting real bodily harm on swathes of poor, disproportionately First Nations women with a poo poo eating grin on my face.

Nuclear Spy
Jun 10, 2008

feeling under?

Avshalom posted:

I agree with Lid.
I have to admit though, it is sad when the r/Australia comments thread on this topic is way more civil than in here.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

200 new posts? Something interesting/terrible must have -

:yikes:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

NTRabbit posted:

200 new posts? Something interesting/terrible must have -

:yikes:
Yeah, I agree with NTRabbit.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Advocate all the institutionalised violence you want, but god help you if you use violent rhetoric. Thats what really makes you a psycho.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Fruity Gordo posted:

Advocate all the institutionalised violence you want, but god help you if you use violent rhetoric. Thats what really makes you a psycho.
Fruity has a good point. I agree with her.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
hmm i have been totally enlightened and converted to the hive mind by Frruity "i'll kick your fucken face in mate" Gordo telling me im an idiot who needs a beating

I will definitely be voting greens at the next election! I am so glad we had this discussion, this was a good way to resolve our difference!

Said noone, ever

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
and its not loving institutionalised violence you idiot

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

I wasn't aware it was possible to resolve differences on the internet, I thought we were all here for some therapeutic yelling mixed with smug feelings of self superiority?

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
i don't have the right to have six children if i can't support them, and if I don't have the means to support them

and i don't think anyone should

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Stop the Scrotes posted:

and its not loving institutionalised violence you idiot

Stop the Scrotes posted:

i don't have the right to have six children if i can't support them, and if I don't have the means to support them

shut the gently caress up

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Soag's got a good point, he can't actually bear children so he probably shouldn't try. Agreed.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Turks posted:

I wasn't aware it was possible to resolve differences on the internet, I thought we were all here for some therapeutic yelling mixed with smug feelings of self superiority?

You should play World of Tanks imo

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
Sensing a whole lot of hostility in this thread

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
And yeah, Soag and Mills should both probably shut the gently caress up. I agree with Jonah.

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

Stop the Scrotes posted:

I'd be far more likely to support a global cap of three children than I would be to support forced contraceptives for the terminally poor.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Eugenics is institutionalised violence, thanks for playing.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kQMDSw3Aqo

Let's hear the new poo poo.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
It's not eugenics

Nobody is advocating for poor people to be prevented from having children

But while you are collecting welfare, do you have a duty to refrain from having more children (accidentally or on purpose) than you can support? - noone is even answering this strongly in the affirmative, noone is advocating for eugenics where poor people are sterilised...

At most, we're discussing the ethics and mertis of temporary contraceptive measures as a prerequisite for collecting welfare

edit: or i should say we're trying to discuss.

plumpy hole lever fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Dec 30, 2014

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I just did a massive poo poo and it was a constructive use of ten seconds. I flushed it down the toilet to be with all the other shits. Jewish poo poo, Muslim poo poo, Chinese poo poo, bogan poo poo, all mingling peacefully in the sewers together until they melt into a great brown interchangeable mass of shits. Why can't we all just get along?

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

it's not eugenics, *describes eugenics*

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I said that three pages ago but people are still throwing around 'eugenics'. I don't think Fruity read anything. She just missed me and was spoiling for a fight.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Mills posted:

I said that three pages ago but people are still throwing around 'eugenics'. I don't think Fruity read anything. She just missed me and was spoiling for a fight.

shut the gently caress up mills

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Avshalom posted:

And yeah, Soag and Mills should both probably shut the gently caress up. I agree with Jonah.

My breasts agree with you.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
My breasts are actually neutral on this debate, they're having trouble weighing up the reality of a massive overpopulation problem with their belief in a woman's right to choose what is done to her body.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Frogmanv2 posted:

Mills has time and time again shown that he is a tory fuckstick with no redeemable qualities and you lot still invite him to your games and normalise his abhorrent behaviour. Put the chuckle gently caress on ignore and he will not get the attention he is begging for. Your forum experience will get better.

he's good at mafia.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

Stop the Scrotes posted:

It's not eugenics

Nobody is advocating for poor people to be prevented from having children

But while you are collecting welfare, do you have a duty to refrain from having more children (accidentally or on purpose) than you can support? - noone is even answering this strongly in the affirmative, noone is advocating for eugenics where poor people are sterilised...

At most, we're discussing the ethics and mertis of temporary contraceptive measures as a prerequisite for collecting welfare

edit: or i should say we're trying to discuss.

It's pretty naive to think that forced sterilisation doesn't end with income line to have children.

Why is contraceptive measure a prerequisite for welfare when having children is a prerequisite for other forms of welfare?

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Fruity Gordo posted:

How many times do you have to get emptyquoted by Newscorp before it sinks in?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Fruity is in the middle of another one of her textbook meltdowns because she hasn't had a joint with her mum/cats in 48 hours, or had the chance to post about it here in the last 2 pages to remind everyone how lefty and cool she is (despite making threats of violence or advocating suicide)

Someone get her a cone and some CCs and she'll be ok soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Laserface posted:

Fruity is in the middle of another one of her textbook meltdowns because she hasn't had a joint with her mum/cats in 48 hours, or had the chance to post about it here in the last 2 pages to remind everyone how lefty and cool she is (despite making threats of violence or advocating suicide)

Someone get her a cone and some CCs and she'll be ok soon.

Haha yeah those crazy dames, give her a bex and a slug of gin and the little lady will calm right down.

• Locked thread