Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

McSpanky posted:

If you don't read it for two weeks and then catch up, it doesn't seem so bad.

Which is pretty reasonable if the holidays are a generally busy time and you're not sitting around F5ing a webcomic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

McSpanky posted:

If you don't read it for two weeks and then catch up, it doesn't seem so bad.

I thought that was the only way to actually read webcomics? Check once a month or so and then forget about it again.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I don't care enough about this webcomic to purposefully stay away to let pages build up, like I do with Ava's Demon or Vattu, but I still find it interesting enough to bother checking at least once a week.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

That would explain why nobody posted in here for eleven days.

Unironically yes.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Over twelve million views and about 75% dislikes. This is gonna be a PR nightmare.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Oh hey...we're going to re-visit this event now. Huh. Color me surprised.

Edit: I'm guessing this is where we are also bringing Moonshadow back into the story once she finds out why Allison was giving this guy a lift in the first place.

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Dec 30, 2014

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Wyld Karde posted:

Over twelve million views and about 75% dislikes. This is gonna be a PR nightmare.

I'd like to think that 75% of youtube doesn't support rape, but I've read the comments section.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Well, in their minds it probably doesn't quite qualify as rape anyways. :v:

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
And of course the guy who thinks fire projection powers are a useful tool to use against a law abiding, peaceful protest thinks date rape is A-OK.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Man watching furnce get his throat slit is gonna be satisfying as hell

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I'm hoping it happens on the next page, during the news broadcast. :getin:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
They didn't even let her finish her sentence about taking people out of context.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Carrasco posted:

They didn't even let her finish her sentence about taking people out of context.

Real news stations do this all the time. They don't even bother using good editing to hide it, cutting out the voice while the interviewee keeps talking.

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
So is Tandry Connors the in-universe equivalent of Gretchen Carlson or something?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Mars4523 posted:

So is Tandry Connors the in-universe equivalent of Gretchen Carlson or something?

Pick your choice of Fox News Blondes.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I hope Clevin is an excellent public relations consultant and publicist.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
Violet seems to be acting like an actual friend. I hope she keeps it up.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

MikeJF posted:

I hope Clevin is an excellent public relations consultant and publicist.

Isn't Clevin the dude who tried to hit on her at the party?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wittgen posted:

Isn't Clevin the dude who tried to hit on her at the party?

Oh yeah, you're right. I guess she's trying to get corroboration.

I still think that the smartest thing to do would be find someone who's good at public relations and sort out best responses with them, but Allison doesn't really think that way yet.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
If someone at the party has posted the whole thing on youtube, you'd think "trying to stop a date rapist" would be an easy task for a PR firm.

But then, I remember how many pages this thread had on that topic and I'm no longer that sure they could.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gorilla Salad posted:

If someone at the party has posted the whole thing on youtube, you'd think "trying to stop a date rapist" would be an easy task for a PR firm.

But then, I remember how many pages this thread had on that topic and I'm no longer that sure they could.

It also really depends on just when that video starts and stops.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
If nothing else, we've proven it's a good topic for arguing, which means the internet is going to swarm over it like ants on honey whether they agree with her principles or not.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MikeJF posted:

It also really depends on just when that video starts and stops.

I was thinking that too and unless I have the timeline off in my head, their should be some footage of Allison asking the dude if he knew Daphne. The part where the video is queued up should cover everything from Panel 4 of this page after. And I don't think there was too much time between when she starts questioning the guy, and when she hoists him into the air.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Even with the full context of the dude absolutely being a would be rapist, her use of extreme force was questionable. That's what this thread's discussion really boiled down to. Without that context, it looks pretty drat bad for Alison.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Even Cleaver thinks date rape is wrong.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Being so angry you have to immediately go to a really nice park pretty much sums up my college experience too.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Is she transferring to a different school yet, because seriously that probably should've been her reaction the FIRST time they enacted ridiculous retribution on someone who slighted her.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It's not retribution - it's fear.

Everyone is quietly terrified of people with superpowers. Especially someone as strong as Alison with such a history of violence*.

*which she did in the service of the government, sure.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
That is the opposite of the impression I get of her school's overreaction to anything negative that happens to allison regarding the school. It seems like more of a celebrity thing, they aren't scared of a rampage, they're scared she'll switch to a more agreeable school and they'll lose out on being The School Attended By Mega-Girl.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Wittgen posted:

Even with the full context of the dude absolutely being a would be rapist, her use of extreme force was questionable. That's what this thread's discussion really boiled down to. Without that context, it looks pretty drat bad for Alison.

Extreme force? I think you may have subtly missed the point of her big speech to Cleaver about extreme force. That was INCREDIBLY mild force for someone who can throw building-sized robots through building-sized buildings.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

Extreme force? I think you may have subtly missed the point of her big speech to Cleaver about extreme force. That was INCREDIBLY mild force for someone who can throw building-sized robots through building-sized buildings.

Except to regular people, being able to Darth Vader someone off their feet is extreme force. Relative strength matters. What is a love tap to superhumans can be hamburger inducing to normal folks. She can grouse about it all day long, but in the end, she's still in Superman's world of cardboard.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

It was the equivalent of a police officer sticking their gun in a suspect's mouth. That's extreme force for that situation. The situation in no way demanded putting that guy in the position where a stray impulse from Alison would end their life.

I think you very unsubtly got the point of her talk with Cleaver completely wrong. The point wasn't that her holding back from using force justified whatever force she does use. It was that violence was tempting, easy, and satisfying for her to use, but it doesn't actually solve problems. Then on that roof, she was tempted to use force, used it casually, and surprise surprise, it wasn't a very good solution.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Weeelp.

That's a cute puppy though!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Awkwarrrrrrrrrrrd.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Moonshadow probably drew that dick on his door, too.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Carrasco posted:

Now that's just rude. :colbert:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Carrasco posted:

Is this Moonshadow? I don't know if she's operating under her 'has to be asked" protocol or if a news broadcast is enough asking for her these days.

Either way, RIP Miles.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
My first thought was suicide, for some reason. I'd completely forgotten about Moonshadow as a possible factor here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Tarezax posted:

My first thought was suicide, for some reason. I'd completely forgotten about Moonshadow as a possible factor here.

Me too. But since slitting your throat is really hard and Moonshadow kills with a knife, it kind of makes sense if she did it.

If she did do it, I wonder why. Were there other victims, or did she just want to hijack the viral video of Alison to more effectively spread her message about rapists being murdered horribly.

• Locked thread