Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 14:39 on Jan 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I bought a brick

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Speaking of whiskey, I just bought a handle of this.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Speaking of whiskey, I just bought a handle of this.

I love buffalo trace (and highly recommend Eagle Rare, their step-up brand), but God Damnit if the size on the mouth on the Buffalo Trace handle doesn't make it a pain in the rear end to pour (especially into a flask). You could almost fit a golf ball down the neck.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Eagle Rare is indeed very nice. I had some at my grandfather's 90th birthday party.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

1redflag posted:

I love buffalo trace (and highly recommend Eagle Rare, their step-up brand), but God Damnit if the size on the mouth on the Buffalo Trace handle doesn't make it a pain in the rear end to pour (especially into a flask). You could almost fit a golf ball down the neck.

Agreed. I put it in my whiskey decanter even though it's not that fancy expressly to solve that problem.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
for ~$36

and

for $8

at KMart. Yes, KMart, they're still a thing.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm trying to think how to hold that in a way that wouldn't be hella uncomfortable and I'm coming up blank.

Eit: Oh, for Street Fighter, so I'm guess you do that thing where you lay your palm flat and hit the D-Pad with your index and middle fingers?

The part under the D-Pad is molded, so your hand fits really well. D-Pad with thumb, and you can use your fingers like a regular fightstick.

The best view of the underside I could get is from a youtube

It's really comfortable and awesome for Street Fighter.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
This peacoat (but in charcoal):

These dope-as-gently caress editions of John le Carrè's "Karla trilogy." Can't wait to read them.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Got a new watch. It's the classiest thing I own now.

Seiko's are good watches. Luxury brand quality without the luxury brand price markup. I also have a fascination with anything solar.

Fozaldo posted:

A Christmas gift from the wife.

Orson Welles approved!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpDVt6cRg_A

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!
Got something from Little Ms Sunshine to hang on the wall.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

king of the bongo posted:

Got something from Little Ms Sunshine to hang on the wall.

Link please!

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

strangemusic posted:

Link please!
This run of prints doesn't have the name of the movies in case you googled around and saw his old work which had movie names on the posters.

http://www.carsandfilms.com/shops.html

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

This run of prints doesn't have the name of the movies in case you googled around and saw his old work which had movie names on the posters.

Christ almighty the Breaking Bad Aztek :swoon:

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

strangemusic posted:

Christ almighty the Breaking Bad Aztek :swoon:

The windshield looks intact. I'm sort of disappointed.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Got a new watch. It's the classiest thing I own now.

Every time I see a close up of a watch now I have to check it's not on a Moto 360.

spookygonk has a new favorite as of 16:21 on Dec 30, 2014

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
Got myself a new sports watch. Suunto Ambit3 Peak HR

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Got this with a gift card. I couldn't justify buying it without that, I don't think.

I'm looking forward to reading it at some point in the future.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Buncha poo poo for the bike :shepspends:

front fender because puddles aren't fun without one

battery

hall effect sensor for speedo because I need the readout to rein myself in

plate lights/bolts

digital resistor for led blinkers because gently caress playing around with solder and the fiddly stick resistors

plate holder because the current one is hilariously illegally angled

oh and also, mothafuckin steam sale :homebrew:

M42 has a new favorite as of 20:23 on Dec 30, 2014

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Smokey and The Bandit was a TV series? :raise:

Something a little amiss about that Delorean too.

daishan14
Mar 6, 2004
My brother-in-law just went on a trip to Japan and I had him ship back these for the wife and I. I've had the Nikka 21, the Yoichi (but in the 10 year) and the Nikka coffee grain before. The Komagatake will be a new one for us. Excite!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Decius posted:

Bought a Tylt Vu, because my old (10 $) QI-charger had only one coil which makes positioning of my Nexus 6 a bit annoying :

Amazing charger - for the price it better be. Love how it doesn't shine a laser into your eyes when it's charging. Very well built, very well thought out.

Did you just order this from Tylt? I'm still waiting for mine from Cyber Monday. Just got a tracking number.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
My favorite wedding gift;

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Books books books!

I just bought: For Want of a Nail: If Burgoyne Had Won at Saratoga by Robert Sobel, More Man Than You'll Ever Be!: Gay Folklore and Acculturation in Middle America by Joseph P. Goodwin, The Dictionary of Imaginary Places: The Newly Updated and Expanded Classic, and Christian Nation: A Novel by Frederic Rich.

And these just got delivered today: His PhD is in Hypocrisy: And Other Poems about My Crappy Ex-Boyfriend by Tayo Oredein, Sweet Tooth: A Memoir by Tim Anderson, Harmful to Minors: The Perils of Protecting Children from Sex by Judith Levine, and Horrorstor: A Novel by Grady Hendrix.

So excited!

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Reverse Centaur posted:

Did you just order this from Tylt? I'm still waiting for mine from Cyber Monday. Just got a tracking number.

No, bought through Amazon.de. The odd, long, thin connector between wall wart and charger would make it probably hard to buy the super-discounted US version and then a European power brick.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Steam sale!

Once again, a game for less than the price of a cup of coffee. Already simultaneously hilarious and creepy.

The Logitech F310 works beautifully with Sleeping Dogs. And doesn't at all with Gang Beasts latest build. Fingers crossed for the next update.

EDIT: And F.E.A.R. And Saints Row 2. drat it, I'm going to go broke on cheap games.

Distorted Kiwi has a new favorite as of 09:13 on Dec 31, 2014

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Steam sale!

Once again, a game for less than the price of a cup of coffee. Already simultaneously hilarious and creepy.

The Logitech F310 works beautifully with Sleeping Dogs. And doesn't at all with Gang Beasts latest build. Fingers crossed for the next update.

EDIT: And F.E.A.R. And Saints Row 2. drat it, I'm going to go broke on cheap games.

Stanley Parable seems waaaayyy too gimmicky for me. Do you have any first thoughts yet? The low price tag is danged tempting.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Lavender posted:

Stanley Parable seems waaaayyy too gimmicky for me. Do you have any first thoughts yet? The low price tag is danged tempting.

I thought it was a pretentious piece of poo poo with only a single section of it somewhat amusing. Sorry :shobon:

FEAR and Saints Row 2 own though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
If you aren't rocking the cockney voice in SR2, you ain't playin it right.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

Captain Lavender posted:

It's an interesting game(?), beaten with the quirky stick. I kind of like it, although I'm still unsure as to how much to it there actually is.

Had a few genuine laughs and a seriously creepy moment so far, so for me it was worth 7 bucks.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

If you aren't rocking the cockney voice in SR2, you ain't playin it right.

Laura Bailey voice the only way to go in 3 and 4. She's just so gleefully insane.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Distorted Kiwi posted:

I don't know if you already know this or not, but you should get Gentlemen of the Row for Saints Row 2. It makes the game way better: http://idolninja.com/sr2.php

It adds a ton of bugfixes. It also allows you to customize planes and helicopters, change the colors of clothes after you buy them, and the ability to buy all the vehicles in the game.

Also, after you beat it (or if you just want to dick around) it adds a ton of cheats and stuff, it's great.

also you can put the SA grenade on your shirt

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Laura Bailey voice the only way to go in 3 and 4. She's just so gleefully insane.

My boss has the female Russian one which became a French(?) one in SR4.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Thanks to Amazon money.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

crutt posted:

I bought the white car cause the black car was lonely

As a British guy let me tell you that you own my dream spectrum of American cars, but I'd have the Roadmaster with the wood :)

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

I don't know if you already know this or not, but you should get Gentlemen of the Row for Saints Row 2. It makes the game way better: http://idolninja.com/sr2.php

It adds a ton of bugfixes. It also allows you to customize planes and helicopters, change the colors of clothes after you buy them, and the ability to buy all the vehicles in the game.

Also, after you beat it (or if you just want to dick around) it adds a ton of cheats and stuff, it's great.

also you can put the SA grenade on your shirt

I was actually reading about GotR a few minutes ago, so thanks for the link! (And stop reading my mind, Doc!)

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Quick update, this is the $100 defect/damage:

Thanks, Amazon warehouse!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Bhodi posted:

You have clearly never watched Final Destination.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Bhodi posted:

Is that listed under the normal item under "Used" or is it a different link? I'm not looking for a full set but I do need a 3 qt tri-ply sauce pan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stavrogin
Feb 6, 2010
First house! I'm returning to join the ranks of Grand Rapids goons.