Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

How had I not heard of this before

http://www.dailydot.com/lol/bitcoin-erotic-novel-king-bitcoin/

http://www.dailydot.com/lol/bitcoin-erotic-novel-king-bitcoin/ posted:

There’s nothing sexier than bitcoins, right? Right?

If digital cryptocurrency already has you feeling all hot and bothered, there’s a new erotic novel about bitcoins that may be more than you can handle. It’s called King of Bitcoin, and it’s dubbed unsuitable for readers below age 17 because of its explicit sex scenes.

Cha-ching.

Over on SmashWords, ebook author Kayleen Knight is selling her 10,000-word novel about 19-year-old Atlas Fawkes, a condescending Bitcoin miner who survives a global financial collapse in 2019 only to become fabulously wealthy thanks to his smart lack of faith in fiat currency.

Yes, 10,000 words about that—and sex!

The first line of the novel shows Brad, a popular kid with a cheerleader girlfriend, mocking Atlas’s passion: “Bitcoins? Buttcoins more like!” :siren:

Atlas is a patronizing, free market-fetishizing lunatic who suffers the world’s insults in the opening of the book before becoming, we assume, a sexual king in the imminent post-dollar apocalyptic hellscape. We have to assume about the rest of the book because King of Bitcoin’s free sample ended with Atlas crying on the floor as his mining rig caught fire. It seemed like too satisfying an ending to ruin with 9,000 more words.

Knight, the author of this opus, is not new to ebook publishing. She’s written titles such as Cougars Like It Hard, Cougars Like ’Em Young, and Cougars Like It Dirty. As if that wasn’t enough, she’s also got a four-part series about demons and a how-to book on exhibitionism in her arsenal.

Now, with King of Bitcoin, Kayleen Knight’s star turn has finally come. It’ll only cost you $3.95—no, you can’t buy the book in bitcoins—for 10,000 words of prime reddit.com/r/circlejerk material.

All that’s missing is a fedora.

BUY BUY BUY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

POST POST POST

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Wasnt the author a goon or commissioned by goons?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

FCKGW posted:

goddamit the op specifically forbids galtse does no one read the wiki any more?

do not post long galt

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

rotor posted:

do not post long galt

what is long galt

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

what is long galt

it has twice the bit width of regular galt

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
It was advertised in the gray thread a while ago, I think the author is a goon. Another goon did a dramatic reading.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
yeah it's p. old
there's a nice reading here http://m.soundcloud.com/king-of-bitcoin

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:
atlas shagged

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

the only moral regulation is my regulation

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Zom Aur posted:

atlas shagged

atlas nutted

Alan Smithee posted:

what is long galt

for years months weeks days hours some minutes you have been asking: what is long galt? but since router dropped the hammer on long galt, you will never know

Weatherman fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Dec 30, 2014

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Weatherman posted:

router dropped the hammer

my router only has BNC network connectors.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

wait, so is this the one with satoshi and a time machine and "negative rape", or are there *two* bitcoin erotic fanfics?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

You should transcribe the speeches from the movie ROTOR and make that your new thing

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

goddamnedtwisto posted:

wait, so is this the one with satoshi and a time machine and "negative rape", or are there *two* bitcoin erotic fanfics?

different one, written by some complete nutjob german

http://k.lenz.name/LB/?p=9989

EDIT:

the highlight, which is still golden

totally not a kiddy diddler posted:

“What’s ‘negative rape’?” Satoshi asked.

“Just what you might think it is. What you and we call rape is forcing somebody to have sex even if they don’t want it. Negative rape is forcing someone not to have sex, even if they and their prospective partner do want it. It is a very common problem in your society. Two people want to get it on but some third party forces them to stop. This of course is a great way to assert power for that third party. It takes a lot of power to override the natural sex drive,” Angel explained.

Erenthal fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Dec 30, 2014

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
the person writing that still lives with their parents and is also probably like 17

i don't want to think about the other reasons the person may have wrote that

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

slogsdon posted:

the person writing that still lives with their parents and is also probably like 17

i don't want to think about the other reasons the person may have wrote that

if he's seventeen then he's lived a rough life

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

rotor posted:

do not post long galt

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
This is the best chart

https://www.tradingview.com/v/MW7ZZW0C/

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

What's the I cannot believe what i wrote it quote from? I remember he's Russian and that's it

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Weatherman posted:

imageine two hands (one wearing a ring), stretching an anus, for eternity

theflyingexecutive posted:

joke's on you, ive been doing this and my penis is 87 inches long

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

i don't know what's worse, the idea that someone just scribbled all over a chart or that there's actually someone somewhere who thinks that this is a logical way of thinking

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
remember when bitcoin was the apex predator of currencies :v:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

LongDarkNight posted:

remember when bitcoin was the currency of sexual predators :catstare:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ursine Asylum posted:

i don't know what's worse, the idea that someone just scribbled all over a chart or that there's actually someone somewhere who thinks that this is a logical way of thinking

it's a graph of the light cone that you get when a bitcoin falls into a black hole

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

Ursine Asylum posted:

traders know it's all bullshit but the fact that so many people believe in it, makes the market behave in that way.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

What's the I cannot believe what i wrote it quote from? I remember he's Russian and that's it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
are bitcoin faucets even still a thing?

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

thx now I have to walk around the office with this massive boner

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

haveblue posted:

are bitcoin faucets even still a thing?

not really

"Used to gives bitcoins out for free to each visitor. IP addresses that receive bitcoins were recorded, so that bitcoins were given only once to each address. It was operated by Gavin Andresen, however it is not functioning as of Jan 30 2013."

the ones still around are like "answer this quiz or click these popups for free bitcoin"

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
make a dumb reddit post for free bit coin

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
atlas shagged and got hosed in the butt

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
atlas winked.

I named my rear end hole atlas

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
did anyone say atlas shaggared yet

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i still have a book in my kindle library called "wesley crusher, teenage gently caress machine." i have yet to read it

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

∆∆∆∆ it's a great novella. Free audio book is here: http://thefpl.us/also-made/wctfm

can we still post ceiling galt and grumpy galt, or are all lolgalts banned? I just saw a delightful image of a sweatshop with the text "INVISIBLE HAND OF THE FREE MARKET."

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

As a Millennial I posted:

i still have a book in my kindle library called "wesley crusher, teenage gently caress machine." i have yet to read it

meow solo owns

ElectricMucus
Feb 9, 2013

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=908295.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

As a recent college grad who's never had healthcare, is anyone seeking to disrupt healthcare with the BlockChain? Distributed wealth sharing for those with illnesses who can't afford it? (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 7 minutes ago by SMcKie

Not quite sure how it would work. But a P2P lending system similar to BTCjam where you can get health assistance crowdfunded by others, with the option to pay back to the lenders or a lender can opt to not be paid back.

Why not kill two birds with one stone?

• Locked thread