Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Fister Roboto posted:

loving FINALLY

Agrias is very happy back there now that Nael's down. So. Very. Happy. :mad:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Axle_Stukov posted:

We now pronounce you, Slime and Catgirl. You may kiss the Slime.

Well, not quite.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Because we haven't had an official forum safari in a little while, lets have one.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/210643-Patch-n-Quality-of-Life

SE is releasing content too quickly, and obviously not fixing many issues!!! SE needs to slow down patch releases! The majority of the playerbase obviously thinks content is coming too quickly, and this is a horrible thing!

This guy even brings up butts.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i didnt keep count of how many times i ran it but holy poo poo pharos sirius was the biggest stickler for me on the zodiac relic quest. finally got the item from it last night, i hate the color orange.

DarkstarIV posted:

Because we haven't had an official forum safari in a little while, lets have one.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/210643-Patch-n-Quality-of-Life

SE is releasing content too quickly, and obviously not fixing many issues!!! SE needs to slow down patch releases! The majority of the playerbase obviously thinks content is coming too quickly, and this is a horrible thing!

This guy even brings up butts.

it looks like he wants to play a different game entirely

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
Has anyone attended any weddings in game yet? Did they make you cry?? {{Please don't abbreviate your words}}

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Has anyone attended any weddings in game yet? Did they make you cry?? {{Please don't abbreviate your words}}

It's actually surprisingly classy and effort-filled on their part. It was fun, I fully enjoyed watching two cat people get married. I also fulled enjoyed my male prostitute garb being front and center in the cut scenes. I highly recommend everyone take part in at least one wedding, either watching or getting gay potato people married, whatever. No judgement, all love.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Boogaleeboo posted:

It's actually surprisingly classy and effort-filled on their part. It was fun, I fully enjoyed watching two cat people get married. I also fulled enjoyed my male prostitute garb being front and center in the cut scenes. I highly recommend everyone take part in at least one wedding, either watching or getting gay potato people married, whatever. No judgement, all love.

I got invited to a potato wedding but it was on Christmas and I don't know if I can live with myself if I spent Christmas attending a virtual wedding.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Do we have any idea when abouts 2.5/2.51 is gonna be hitting?

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011

MikeyLikesIt posted:

All the weddings I've been to have been pretty emotional.

Even the cake was in tiers.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I'd guess late Jan early Feb, and then 2.51 at around March/April

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Chyea posted:

All the weddings I've been to have been pretty emotional.

Even the cake was in tiers.

/laugh
/hug
/smile
/em ERPs with you

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Doublestep posted:

I'd guess late Jan early Feb, and then 2.51 at around March/April

Yeah, this is a safe bet given their current patch cycle, with 3.0 probably around June-July.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
If you ever think that you take a little longer to load into OLN than other areas, its because you also load into ULN when you go there
http://imgur.com/a/JrEzF

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

If I'm just looking for something to burn ventures on and sell incidental value stuff to get money, does it matter which professions I choose for my retainer? I'm interested in getting the Fat Cat minion but I hear it's hella expensive to get gear good enough to send retainers out in.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

I've gotten 2 in about 2 months, aside from that FSH is a good retainer to have anyway.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Sometimes I can see where people asking for in-game parses are coming from. (This comes from a run of Sastasha HM I was in. The duration's a bit out of whack since I didn't start ACT until just after Karlabos. Everyone was in i100+. In total the run took 35 minutes.)

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
yeah 80 dps on a scholar is kinda shameful

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Doublestep posted:

Hah. Touché. (In my flimsy defense, the WAR and NIN were making it their solemn duty to stand in literally every AoE.)

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
welllllllllll I tried the game for the month that comes with registration and I got like 4 days left and I hit level 46, and I'm not happy with the grind at these higher levels but it's ok because they even it out with good amounts of content in the main story and whatnot.

Oh cool there's a magitek armor plotline this is kinda weird but whatever, oh the sands are set up neat. Wait I have to be what level to continue the storyline?

Well that was a good month, I think that's my only subscription I'm getting so :toot: I'm out!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Doublestep posted:

you cant fuckin stop me

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Doublestep posted:

"36 dps"

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I've done zero DPS as a scholar before...

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

While we're on the subject, actually, what is decent DPS for a SCH, assuming party members aren't taking a ton of avoidable damage? I can push out 200-220 on a good day, but I still feel I could get out more than that.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

So after being absent from the game for a loving year, I decided to bring my happy rear end back.

Is it still profitable to run Praetorium for tomes, or is there now something that everybody wants to do instead?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Saigyouji posted:

While we're on the subject, actually, what is decent DPS for a SCH, assuming party members aren't taking a ton of avoidable damage? I can push out 200-220 on a good day, but I still feel I could get out more than that.

Depends on your ilvl. I'm at 117, with a 125 weapon, and I can do up to 300-325 DPS on bosses depending on the 4-man and group comp.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

That's at i115, with the HA Grimoire. Ain't anywhere near getting the Last Resort yet, and my static's still working on T9 ATM, so them's the breaks as far as weapons go.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Saigyouji posted:

That's at i115, with the HA Grimoire. Ain't anywhere near getting the Last Resort yet, and my static's still working on T9 ATM, so them's the breaks as far as weapons go.

Well odds are moderately good you'll be able to get Encrypted Allagan Tomestones in World of Darkness, so you might be able to get an iPad eventually. Or we might have a breakthrough and get into Final Coil. Either way.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

brokenknee posted:

So after being absent from the game for a loving year, I decided to bring my happy rear end back.

Is it still profitable to run Praetorium for tomes, or is there now something that everybody wants to do instead?

The Preatorium is the second worst way to get tomes these days. Unlock and complete all the dungeons to get High Level Duty Roulette, then do the three newest dungeons (Sastasha HM, Sunken Temple of Qarn HM, and Snowcloak) to unlock Expert Duty Roulette. Do that every day for 70 Poetic and 20~30 Poetics (EXDR and HLDR respectively). Also, trials roulette, that nets you 14~17 a day also. That will give you more than enough to cap if you play for ~7 hours a week., and you'll get a lot just unlocking what must only be like 25 dungeons.

Anyway I say to get EXDR last because it requires going through all of the post 2.0 storyline to get to and it has an iLevel requirement of like 80 so you may wanna get geared out before it anyway, if you decide to beeline for it.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
I was invited to two internet weddings. I forgot about the first one, the second is on new year's. Maybe I'll go if I'm not busy being drunk.

Maybe I'll go *because* I'm busy being drunk.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

The Preatorium is the second worst way to get tomes these days. Unlock and complete all the dungeons to get High Level Duty Roulette, then do the three newest dungeons (Sastasha HM, Sunken Temple of Qarn HM, and Snowcloak) to unlock Expert Duty Roulette. Do that every day for 70 Poetic and 20~30 Poetics (EXDR and HLDR respectively). Also, trials roulette, that nets you 14~17 a day also. That will give you more than enough to cap if you play for ~7 hours a week., and you'll get a lot just unlocking what must only be like 25 dungeons.

Anyway I say to get EXDR last because it requires going through all of the post 2.0 storyline to get to and it has an iLevel requirement of like 80 so you may wanna get geared out before it anyway, if you decide to beeline for it.

Thank you Clitoris, I've been wondering the same thing on the best way to farm Poetics.

How worth it is it to put in the farming hours to get to the end of Zodiac?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

MikeyLikesIt posted:

How worth it is it to put in the farming hours to get to the end of Zodiac?

That depends on you and what you deem worth spending your time on. You can get an i110 weapon fairly quickly now with Sol, and getting your Relic up to 110 is going to take a while, not to mention the 2 steps after that. If you play a lot it might not take you literally forever, but it's still a giant time investment.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Yay, I got Garuda on LLDR for the first time and we only wiped three times before clearing! Sometimes pubbies can pull it together. :unsmith:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I got story Garuda the other day and we cleared it on the first attempt with no deaths or fuckups. I did some Hail Marys because I had obviously just witnessed an act of God.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

Yay, I got Garuda on LLDR for the first time and we only wiped three times before clearing! Sometimes pubbies can pull it together. :unsmith:

The other day I got story Titan and we cleared with zero deaths on the first pull. I was absolutely dumbfounded that it went so perfectly and noone ate landslides.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

orange juche posted:

The other day I got story Titan and we cleared with zero deaths on the first pull. I was absolutely dumbfounded that it went so perfectly and noone ate landslides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg9_Lx2AWaE

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I just tried to do Minstrel's Ballad: Ultima's Bane. That was way too much fun. We had 3 others beside me who also didn't do it before, and eventually failed, but the last try we did before time ran out was so drat close.

I'm definitely trying that thing again.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
I'M DONEE!!!... again

And here it is with the dye job (pure white)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I want that drat dragon drill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
ALl of my MMO friends keep talling me I should play this. People are making it out to be the second coming of MMO's. Why is it so good, goons?

• Locked thread