Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I want brad to have put destiny on the initial list for goty only to have Jeff look at it and instantly remove it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I haven't listened yet, are they seriously kicking around dota2? Isn't that a 2013 game? And they pretty explicitly told Brad last year that he was the only one who played it and it being on the list at all was good enough.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're going to give goty to shadow of mordor, but 10-2 will be interesting.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

They're going to give goty to shadow of mordor, but 10-2 will be interesting.

youre right, goty is ff10-2 hd!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Tender Bender posted:

I haven't listened yet, are they seriously kicking around dota2? Isn't that a 2013 game? And they pretty explicitly told Brad last year that he was the only one who played it and it being on the list at all was good enough.

It's worth not having to deal with cranky brad

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Verisimilidude posted:

Brad is annoying during these talks because it seems like he's willing to put a game on a list simply because he likes it and his fight for said game gets tiring quickly. Like Brad's list would consist of nothing but DOTA2 and Destiny if he could get away with it.

Yeah I just started listening recently but I did go back and listen to last year's GOTY stuff because I have a longass commute and I hate Brad because of this. Everyone else has games that they're like "Well I really like this, it's my personal favorite, but I understand you guys don't so it doesn't have to be on the group's list". But Brad is just a big whiny baby who burbles about how he can't budge and you can feel everyone just kinda awkwardly working around that because I guess it's not worth provoking a tantrum from him.

Blackheart posted:

It's worth not having to deal with cranky brad

But like what's the reasoning, why not give goty to alpha centauri then.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tender Bender posted:

But like what's the reasoning, why not give goty to alpha centauri then.

he so far only tried to get it to win for best dlc or most impactful game or something like that. they haven't talked about goty yet. maybe today?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

he so far only tried to get it to win for best dlc or most impactful game or something like that. they haven't talked about goty yet. maybe today?

i doubt they will really take him seriously if he tries that, even with it at the top of his personal list

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tender Bender posted:

The game isn't finished.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol when Patrick starts screaming like a child about the ending of Assassin's Creed Unity

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Lol when Patrick starts screaming like a child about the ending of Assassin's Creed Unity

is that when he was complaining about a game saying it doesnt even matter because thats an insane story gamer complaint are you seriously playing a game for the ending

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

How can you be a story gamer and care when like 99 percent of games have bad stories told poorly.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah I just started listening recently but I did go back and listen to last year's GOTY stuff because I have a longass commute and I hate Brad because of this. Everyone else has games that they're like "Well I really like this, it's my personal favorite, but I understand you guys don't so it doesn't have to be on the group's list". But Brad is just a big whiny baby who burbles about how he can't budge and you can feel everyone just kinda awkwardly working around that because I guess it's not worth provoking a tantrum from him.

Brad has exactly the mentality of the average DOTA player, except in real life too.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

How can you be a story gamer and care when like 99 percent of games have bad stories told poorly.

story gamers are disgusting people

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

Because they have Mental retardation, HIV and AIDS.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im gonna dig a giant pit in throw in everyone who cares about game stories, lore, dota, or mmos

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

First they came for the story gamers, then everything was awesome.

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

How the gently caress does Dan get these people to do poo poo for him

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

is that when he was complaining about a game saying it doesnt even matter because thats an insane story gamer complaint are you seriously playing a game for the ending

Sounds about right for the guy who wrote, in the end of 2014, that he stood on a hillside on a horse in a video game and wistfully observed the landscape it overlooked.

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

How the gently caress does Dan get these people to do poo poo for him

Dan is one of those rare types. Like if he had decided to be serious and focused instead of a goofy videogame guy he could have been the president of the country and it wouldn't surprise me.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sulley posted:

Dan is one of those rare types. Like if he had decided to be serious and focused instead of a goofy videogame guy he could have been the president of the country and it wouldn't surprise me.

im glad hes a goof

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

he'd be a kansas republican congressman otherwise

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

That job posting makes more sense now. I guess they'll be putting his replacement in New York.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i hope he has a good job lined up at a website that i dont read

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

He should follow him.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

pat quits giant bomb to post in the imp zone full time

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Who the gently caress is BAKOON? The guy blocked me on Twitter and I've literally never interacted with him in my life.

madeupfred fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 30, 2014

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

madeupfred posted:

Who the gently caress is BAKOON? The guy blocked me on Twitter and I've literally never interacted with him in my life.

i don't know but i thought he wrote his list in a way that was funny, so he's okay to me.

same with jenn franks, idk who she is but she wrote funny things.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
I'm kind of underwhelmed with the reaction here to the news of patrick leaving giant bomb. honestly, I would've expected more of a celebration. are you all feeling alright? :ohdear:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/the-end/1100-5160/

It's happening

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i don't know but i thought he wrote his list in a way that was funny, so he's okay to me.

same with jenn franks, idk who she is but she wrote funny things.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

hey ryan,

UNEXPECTED EMAIL IS UNEXPECTED.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Good

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

quote:

Moments ago, I finished watching the final episode of The Colbert Report, and it seemed fitting to head upstairs, pour some scotch, sit down, and write my final post for Giant Bomb. This, my friends, is it.

This is the worst thing I've ever read.

And then I got to the end where he's signing everyone's yearbook. What an embarrassing little pompous turd.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Whoever replaces Patrick cannot be as good an addition as dan so I am already disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Jesus I can't believe it lasted for four years