Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

before i eat tomatoes i gently caress them up with all sorts of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

also if you arent salting your tomatoes what the gently caress are you doing

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

literally everything is better with a lil salt and a lil fat of some sort. tomatoes? salt and olive oil. oh no my precious tomato has been corrupted by chemicals

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bloody posted:

literally everything is better with a lil salt and a lil fat of some sort. tomatoes? salt and olive oil. oh no my precious tomato has been corrupted by chemicals
tomatoes can be served as a dish if you cut them in slices, align slices like railways, pour over some oil and salt+pepper

tomatoes can be served as a dish without anything too, but that way you do not even pretend you care

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

kalstrams posted:

tomatoes can be served as a dish if you cut them in slices, align slices like railways, pour over some oil and

woah woah woah slow down hold the gently caress on a moment. what kind of railroads are we talking about here? light rail or heavy rail? caternary, third rail, monorail? diesel-electric, steam-fired, atomic?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

woah woah woah slow down hold the gently caress on a moment. what kind of railroads are we talking about here? light rail or heavy rail? caternary, third rail, monorail? diesel-electric, steam-fired, atomic?

why ddid you specify diesel-electric, couldn't it be just straight direct power?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

why ddid you specify diesel-electric, couldn't it be just straight direct power?

naw bro hoking up a transmission to deal with all that torque is a huge pain in the keister

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

naw bro hoking up a transmission to deal with all that torque is a huge pain in the keister

transtomato railway

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Captain Foo posted:

transtomato

problematic

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Bloody posted:

you should deffo move to new orleans

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

kalstrams posted:

tomatoes can be served as a dish if you cut them in slices, align slices like railways, pour over some oil and salt+pepper

tomatoes can be served as a dish without anything too, but that way you do not even pretend you care

if they're grown in good soil, have good sun and are served after being plucked ripe, the plain sliced tomato with light salt is perfection

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
i dont think salt and oil are the 'chemicals' people are worried about on their vegetables

..trap sprung?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

its almost new year's, shouldn't we be talking about whether the bubble will get crazier or pop over the coming year?

my prediction is since its all private equity we have a long way down

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

crusader_complex posted:

i dont think salt and oil are the 'chemicals' people are worried about on their vegetables

..trap sprung?

I dunno, sodium chloride is pretty ominous sounding.

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

Best Friends posted:

if they're grown in good soil, have good sun and are served after being plucked ripe, the plain sliced tomato with light salt is perfection

true

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

hobbesmaster posted:

its almost new year's, shouldn't we be talking about whether the bubble will get crazier or pop over the coming year?

my prediction is since its all private equity we have a long way down

the nation's financial "innovators" are starting to bundle car title loans into derivatives like they did with mortgages and fund managers are buying them and now with that new fdic rule out of the budget deal the government will have to eat those

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

qirex posted:

the nation's financial "innovators" are starting to bundle car title loans into derivatives like they did with mortgages and fund managers are buying them and now with that new fdic rule out of the budget deal the government will have to eat those

:stonk:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i look forward to buying underwater bmws for pennies on the dollar :retrogames: :mrapig:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

silicon valley would be perfection if burned down and the earth lightly salted

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Snapchat A Titty posted:

silicon valley would be perfection if burned down and the earth lightly salted

or slid into the ocean

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Bloody posted:

or slid into the ocean

it would be really hard to get it into the ocean there's a mountain chain in the way

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

seriously at this point you might at well just buy SPY instead of having a savings account because the whole american economy is run by wall street

oh yeah I looked up sodium content of the brushetta at a bunch of casual dining places: macaroni grill 1800mg, carraba's 1700mg, olive garden 2500mg [same as US RDA]]

qirex fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 30, 2014

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Bloody posted:

"salad" is descended from the same root as "saline" and the like because salt was the main seasoning ancient romans put on lettuce

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=SPY+Interactive#%7B%22range%22%3A%22max%22%2C%22scale%22%3A%22linear%22%7D

has anybody said [bubbling intensifies] yet?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

qirex posted:

nnnoooooooooooooooo :gonk:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

ahahahaha and when it collapses they won't be punished at all

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

qirex posted:

maybe we can bundle idiotic tech, pre ipo startup stocks into futures (er, actually i guess accredited investors can do this already?)

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Bloody posted:

okay realtalk rochester, NY is the king of burgers. so many fuckin lil local burger places. and we have and invented garbage plates, a burger-based meal that is vastly more than the sum of its parts. thanks, nick tahou.

darwin-garbage-plate.jpg

its not named for the food on the plate its named for the people who eat it

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

PCjr sidecar posted:

darwin-garbage-plate.jpg

its not named for the food on the plate its named for the people who eat it

your wrongness is staggering

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

Bloody posted:

or slid into the ocean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEGSjiQq998

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Snapchat A Titty posted:

every time the news say "ethnic" my dad says that theres only one ethnic restaurant in town, its the one that serves traditional danish food (the town is in denmark you see)

hygge hygge hygge Hygge hygge Hygge hygge

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yea we had a ton of hygge over christmas :c00lbert:

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
hy, gm

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

Sagebrush posted:

"salad" is descended from the same root as "saline" and the like because salt was the main seasoning ancient romans put on lettuce

they put it on because it was expensive, not because it tasted good.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
they were trying to make sauerkraut but lacked patience

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Maximum Leader posted:

they put it on because it was expensive, not because it tasted good.

more like only the patricians could afford anything that wasnt conserved with salt so for them it would still function as a taste enhancer.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Snapchat A Titty posted:

yea we had a ton of hygge over christmas :c00lbert:

I'm glad :O)

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

qirex posted:

ahahahaha gently caress

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:hf: hygge-5 :hf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

on a somewhat related note somebody in the dnd chat thread said they saw fishmech arguing with one of his alternate accounts :allears:

• Locked thread