Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Dogen posted:

Got the Simpsons house today but can't really build it until I get home and it'll probably be too late tomorrow. Also got enough money to ensure I will pick up Slave I on release day!

I saw the first bag of the house is just the car and Bart and Homer, but there is enough small poo poo in there too (grill etc.) that I'd be worried about losing in the holiday car shuffle.
The Simpsons house comes with way more tiny things than it has any need to, the garage is full of tools, there's barbecuing and lawn accessories, it's kind of weird. I put most of them in a Ziploc because there's no reason to keep them in the house where you can't even see them, then they all spill out onto the floor whenever you bump the shelf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Anyone have details on the Frozen sets? Asking for a daughter.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

MaliciousOnion posted:

There's just the one, it's out in January and you can find out all about it here: http://brickset.com/sets/41062-1/Elsa-s-Sparkling-Ice-Castle

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Knormal posted:

The Simpsons house comes with way more tiny things than it has any need to, the garage is full of tools, there's barbecuing and lawn accessories, it's kind of weird. I put most of them in a Ziploc because there's no reason to keep them in the house where you can't even see them, then they all spill out onto the floor whenever you bump the shelf.

I'm playing with it so I need all that crap. How else would Maggie try to kill Homer with a drill, without the drill?

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001

MaliciousOnion posted:

Showed up early at a lot of Targets, you can look through this thread and see if any near you have the castle: http://slickdeals.net/f/7526752-lego-elsa-s-sparkling-ice-castle-in-stock-early-in-store-target

Otherwise you can wait a few days, should be everywhere Jan 1st. Hard to say though how quickly it will sell out. It probably won't be limited because it's a licensed set, but anything with Frozen is so popular right now (though most people could be broke after Christmas)

I know all the Targets around me before Christmas had minimum 12 units, now it looks like they are all out of stock in my area.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Also one of my Targets had most of the 1/1 Star Wars and DC sets today, but my local shittyTarget still doesn't.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Thank you Rebecca, at the Lego Store in the Penn Square Mall in Oklahoma City, for setting aside a Research Institute set for two days so I could finally get it.

A drat snow storm came in the other day and prevented me from driving the two hours to get my set, called Rebecca back and she was able to hold it for another day, that is some wonderful costumer service.

Lego store employees, is there anything I can do to file a good comment for her? She was not in shift when I went in today unfortunately.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Rythe posted:

Thank you Rebecca, at the Lego Store in the Penn Square Mall in Oklahoma City, for setting aside a Research Institute set for two days so I could finally get it.

A drat snow storm came in the other day and prevented me from driving the two hours to get my set, called Rebecca back and she was able to hold it for another day, that is some wonderful costumer service.

Lego store employees, is there anything I can do to file a good comment for her? She was not in shift when I went in today unfortunately.

At the bottom of your receipt there should be a Web address to complete a customer service survey!

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

anotherblownsave posted:

At the bottom of your receipt there should be a Web address to complete a customer service survey!

I will have to take a look at my receipt and do the survey.

On another note does anybody have a 40196 Elves Workshop, or any of the little holiday creator sets for sell/trade? These could be a new or used sets too.

My wife gave me the new Santa's Workshop for Christmas and now I can forsee trying to collect some of the older holiday sets.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Well they were putting out the 1H 2015 Star Wars sets at the store this morning but no Slave I. The cashier said they had hoped to be told to put it out as well, but no dice.

edit: picked up the hailfire droid and it was a lot cooler than I thought it would be, it rolls really well on those dishes. As a bonus it comes with a better plastic quality clone lieutenant... the ones I have always lose their helmets in flight.

Dogen fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Dec 29, 2014

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Any idea how to get a hood for the Green Arrow minifig in the new Darkseid Invasion set? His "down" hood is pretty awful; I want one in the same color but "up."

Similarly, can his arms be swapped easily with appropriately green arms? Any ideas on part numbers for these, so I could try to get them on one of those brick sites?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Ville Valo posted:

Any idea how to get a hood for the Green Arrow minifig in the new Darkseid Invasion set? His "down" hood is pretty awful; I want one in the same color but "up."

Similarly, can his arms be swapped easily with appropriately green arms? Any ideas on part numbers for these, so I could try to get them on one of those brick sites?

Dr. Doom has the hood. A TMNT figure would have the arms.

Pendergast
Nov 11, 2012
I just bought Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! It was 80 bucks at Wal-mart which looks to be a good price on it compared to Amazon. This was online anyways. It will be my biggest set yet. I liked the set since I first heard about it. Debated for a while as to rather or not to spend the money on it but finally decided, what the heck.

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!
:hist101:
So I was thinking about working on a Lego project similar to micropolis, kind of a modular system using, using a 4 x 4 base plate with technic pieces that can connect together. I want something that's a little more flexible than technic pins - so I was thinking, what if I used 4.8mm magnets that plug into the technic holes?

Anyone tried that or is familiar with a similar project?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Anyone have some minifigure doubles they'd want to trade? Or take some of these extras off my hand?

Everything is complete and like new except one of the wizards is missing his beard and the stick part of his staff.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

ChesterJT posted:

Anyone have some minifigure doubles they'd want to trade? Or take some of these extras off my hand?

Everything is complete and like new except one of the wizards is missing his beard and the stick part of his staff.

I may be interested in the complete wizard and maybe the pizza guy and warrior gal. I have a ton of extras from S9-11 that I need to take inventory of sometime.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Just a heads up, I found the Creator Bike Shop/Cafe at Wal-Mart today for $64.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
I got back into Lego and it got weird.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

jeeves posted:

I may be interested in the complete wizard and maybe the pizza guy and warrior gal. I have a ton of extras from S9-11 that I need to take inventory of sometime.

I also have an yeti as well I just found. For 9-11 I think I need a waiter guy (9), old guy with newspaper (10), sax blues brother(11), pretzel girl (11), and scarecrow (11). Let me know and we'll figure something out.

Also, sorry if this is old but I just saw a picture of the new microfighters.

There's also an arc-170. I don't care about a lot of those but my god I need a micro at-at and snowspeeder right damned now.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 31, 2014

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That AT-AT is so cute :allears: :3:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Just FYI, but Lego Stores have 3 promotions in January. Spend $75 and get a flower cart, buy Star Wars and get a mini AT-DP, buy Friends and get a Friends minigolf set. It doesn't show a price minimum on the SW and Friends sets, so you could pick up a $10 set from each of those lines and something for $60 and should presumably get all three freebies.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The_Doctor posted:

That AT-AT is so cute :allears: :3:

If anyone doesn't like the corgi AT-AT they can gently caress off out of this thread forever.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Pyroclastic posted:

Just FYI, but Lego Stores have 3 promotions in January. Spend $75 and get a flower cart, buy Star Wars and get a mini AT-DP, buy Friends and get a Friends minigolf set. It doesn't show a price minimum on the SW and Friends sets, so you could pick up a $10 set from each of those lines and something for $60 and should presumably get all three freebies.

This is the stuff Lego should be emailing me about. Why am I not being told? I'm VIP and everything :/

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

This is the stuff Lego should be emailing me about. Why am I not being told? I'm VIP and everything :/

It usually shows up on the calendars they stuff in the bag when you buy stuff in their store.

I've never gotten an email for the freebies, I always hear about them via the flyer or this thread.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

ChesterJT posted:

Also, sorry if this is old but I just saw a picture of the new microfighters.

There's also an arc-170. I don't care about a lot of those but my god I need a micro at-at and snowspeeder right damned now.
That AT-AT needs to be BFFs with the turtle bot from the mech suit right now.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Every generation it amazes me how much detail they can pack into their star wars sets.

Is that what happens when management hands down a "gently caress budgets, make awesome poo poo!" directive? I get that star wars sets already sell at a higher price point but I figured that would be to cover the license.. not giving almost every single set a one-off printed brick or two.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Do the PAB walls get switched out on the 1st also? Anyone know if they will have any trans round 1x1 or those sweet glow in the dark 1x1 rounds from the Swamp Police Station?

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

DrChud posted:

Do the PAB walls get switched out on the 1st also? Anyone know if they will have any trans round 1x1 or those sweet glow in the dark 1x1 rounds from the Swamp Police Station?

Part of the PAB wall, about 30 bays or so, are supposed to be themed brick that changes 3 or 4 times a year. Our store has yet to receive a new shipment of PAB elements, though, so I dunno when the new pieces will be put in.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I have been thinking that despite having a party at my house tonight I don't want to get too hammered because I want to be alive enough to hit the store opening and get my UCS Slave I :ohdear:

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

ChesterJT posted:

I'd be interested in the four Simpsons figures. I don't think I have too much to trade, but I'd be up for buying them.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Finished this build today, twas my third RC set. Pretty drat huge.
Was hoping for more complicated gear stuff though :(

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Just ordered Slave 1 and some new minifigs off from site. Everything shows out of stock still, I assume they just haven't put them up yet. Also two freebies on one item is sweet

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

DrChud posted:

Just ordered Slave 1 and some new minifigs off from site. Everything shows out of stock still, I assume they just haven't put them up yet. Also two freebies on one item is sweet

Won't even let me order just the Slave 1. And that out of stock means they are out of stock. At 4am PST, they were still marked as coming soon, at 7am they were out of stock with the "Add to bag" link, which doesn't really let you do anything. So it looks like I won't be getting one for a while.

Edit: it appears, firefox is bad with the lego site right now, just backordered a Slave 1 using Chrome. I guess I'll have something to look forward to whenever they are back in stock.

ltr fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jan 1, 2015

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah that's what I saw at 9 AM all the January 1 sets said coming soon, then about 10 AM switched over to an out of stock. It let me order it out of stock figure that's better than a 3 hour drive to a Lego store that I can't really make at this time

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
FYI the site is working now and the new sets (including Slave I & Detective's Office) are showing as available now. Checked out with no problem. Must have been that "add all new stuff as backordered" thing they do sometimes.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Lego updated the inventory quantities and now everything is showing as available rather than out of stock.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

When is that cool Birds set coming out?

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
Birds are out now

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Birds-21301?fromListing=listing

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Built my Slave 1. Pretty interesting, not as much technic as I would have thought.

Also it's really huge, it dwarfs the UCS X Wing. The new cockpit piece is beautiful, and the interior of the cockpit is great compared to 8097. The main guns are finally swivel linked.

The side panels on the body don't feel super well attached. I don't like the way the cargo door works now, and the hidden weapons could have been better. More hidden compartments like 8097 would've been nice.

Overall I'm really pleased with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Now the order shows in warehouse for slave 1 but it's being held up because the 2 series 13 minifigs I threw in are waiting for new stock lol.