Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

LynetteHimeko posted:

Hi everyone, I was recently looking into the game after seeing some gameplay footage on Youtube. Hope I can play with all of you once I level up more in the game.

Totally can. We welcome active people. If you have questions let us know.

Whats your in game name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LynetteHimeko
Dec 30, 2014

"My life was just like running in the darkness with only light of moon. I was just moving forward according with what I believe is right in Sengoku."
My in-game name is LynetteH. Just got through the tutorial. Do you guys use any voice chat programs?

Edit: Wow, can't believe I already ranked up enough to join clans after like 4 battles.

Edit edit: What's the normally active time for the clan? Just want to know so I can adjust my schedule.

LynetteHimeko fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Dec 30, 2014

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!

Zeirnaton posted:

the next big update will be the Zeta series Update!

http://www.4gamer.net/games/144/G014476/20141225035/

Oh god yes. I really hope it covers ZZ too, just so I can use my favorite MS in the series. Hell, i'll even take the mass-produced ones:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

LynetteHimeko posted:

My in-game name is LynetteH. Just got through the tutorial. Do you guys use any voice chat programs?

Edit: Wow, can't believe I already ranked up enough to join clans after like 4 battles.

Edit edit: What's the normally active time for the clan? Just want to know so I can adjust my schedule.

late afternoons / Evenings of US / Canada time usually.

We do occasionally use voice chat.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

OrangeSoda posted:

Oh god yes. I really hope it covers ZZ too, just so I can use my favorite MS in the series. Hell, i'll even take the mass-produced ones:

I really want to know how they're gonna handle the teams. Hoping for 3/4 way wars now. And transformable suits for everyone forever.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

It's a bummer that interview didn't go into more detail but it sounds like they are planning big changes for the zeta update. I wouldn't be too surprised at a graphics overhaul and stuff. Maybe multiple sides or the ability to defect.

I do like the idea that they want to just keep updating MSGO throughout the timeline all the way to turn a.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'll be happy if they make it so my Hildolfr doesn't look retarded on ramps. That's the ONLY graphics improvement I really want. :negative:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

-Troika- posted:

I'll be happy if they make it so my Hildolfr doesn't look retarded on ramps. That's the ONLY graphics improvement I really want. :negative:

I'd like the ability to go fullscreen on dual monitors...

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Al Borland posted:

I'd like the ability to go fullscreen on dual monitors...

lol I tried that in other games before but both monitors weren't the same type and etc or was .5 " bigger so it just looked really loving weird :P

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

You guys weren't kidding about the Gouf Custom improvements. In urban maps, it's an unstoppable death machine. I managed to get 8 kills in one life by hanging around while feddies kept trying to sneak into one of our bases. They would, without fail, fly right past me and let me shoot them in the back before they could react. Since it was a night map, it was easy to spot snipers charging up their rifles on buildings as well. Once you manage to get close they're basically helpless. This is making it harder and harder to switch over to the server you guys are on, but i'm still making plans to. The allure of the Gouf Custom's deadly bullet stream is powerful.

(Coincidentally, the guy who finally got me was piloting an EZ-8 and slashed me in the back while I was shooting at one of his allies)

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

OrangeSoda posted:

(Coincidentally, the guy who finally got me was piloting an EZ-8 and slashed me in the back while I was shooting at one of his allies)

Thats what the heat rod trait is for.

You w whip the group of them kill one wit hteh F gatling re whip the other two and repeat.

I took out top 3 players in a match today doing that.

Their group was just helpless

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I really want to get a heat rod traited one at some point. The gouf has always been a ton of fun and now it's can actually put up a fight.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

It probably wouldn't have done me much good, he just kinda dashed in from behind and stabbed me through the back while I was trying to ambush someone else. The heat rod trait sounds amazing though and I really hope someday I can get one with it.

Also, I leveled my alt enough to be recruited, the "OrangeSA" one. I randomly ran into Lynette as well, followed by a dual repair-zaku base infiltration that came to an abrupt end thanks to a sniper GM, but was fun while it lasted.

EDIT: Not leveled enough yet, nevermind. Have a pretty good MS though thanks to putting a ton of Gp into the gasha, since the event tickets basically got me zakus. A cold districts Dom, actually.

OrangeSoda fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Dec 31, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Good to see you guys are comin over!

I wish i could invite but the game doesn't let sub officers do it for some reason :psyduck:

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Al Borland posted:

Good to see you guys are comin over!

I wish i could invite but the game doesn't let sub officers do it for some reason :psyduck:

I think we are actually maxed out in the clan as well 50/50 last I checked may need to kick some inactive members off

LynetteHimeko
Dec 30, 2014

"My life was just like running in the darkness with only light of moon. I was just moving forward according with what I believe is right in Sengoku."

OrangeSoda posted:

It probably wouldn't have done me much good, he just kinda dashed in from behind and stabbed me through the back while I was trying to ambush someone else. The heat rod trait sounds amazing though and I really hope someday I can get one with it.

Also, I leveled my alt enough to be recruited, the "OrangeSA" one. I randomly ran into Lynette as well, followed by a dual repair-zaku base infiltration that came to an abrupt end thanks to a sniper GM, but was fun while it lasted.

EDIT: Not leveled enough yet, nevermind. Have a pretty good MS though thanks to putting a ton of Gp into the gasha, since the event tickets basically got me zakus. A cold districts Dom, actually.

I had a feeling there was more English players on my team than normal! Hope I didn't embarrass myself in front of ya.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrol1tztvg4

Probably one of the best trailers I've seen. Char just being a badass!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Char's Zaku rules btw.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
You guys have won me over. Installing now - perhaps I'll work out getting into game and playing here over the holiday.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Guild is currently full and Kacho has been MIA for a few days. I can't invite so for now I'm not kicking anyone..

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Welp, I'm doing something wrong. I've let the entire thing patch 3 times now at a couple 3 hours a pop and it doesn't seem to actually install. There is a popup when i load the launcher which is probably telling me something I need to know. I'm going to have to reread the instructions and ascertain exactly where I done gone and hosed up.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

PadreScout posted:

Welp, I'm doing something wrong. I've let the entire thing patch 3 times now at a couple 3 hours a pop and it doesn't seem to actually install. There is a popup when i load the launcher which is probably telling me something I need to know. I'm going to have to reread the instructions and ascertain exactly where I done gone and hosed up.

Did you set your computer's clock to japan's timezone before patching?

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"
Got OrangeSoda and Lynette tonight, been a busy new years for me, sorry about the delay.

E: If you need coop, I'm willing to run it. That mode pays double this week and goes a long way towards gearing up a deck.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jan 2, 2015

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"

randombattle posted:

Char's Zaku rules btw.

Congrats on the weak shooter Zaku, you got the most viable trait. Is it more effective than the Dozle? Both are 300 cost.

Also,
If any of you are rushing to get gold GP02 for the atomic bazooka, beware of this happening to you.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Free Triangle posted:

Congrats on the weak shooter Zaku, you got the most viable trait. Is it more effective than the Dozle? Both are 300 cost.

Also,
If any of you are rushing to get gold GP02 for the atomic bazooka, beware of this happening to you.

LMAO i've been waiting for something like this I knew it was gonna happen eventually haha

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Free Triangle posted:

Also,

well someone got blue balled.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
The timezone fixed it. Now it installed and patched fine - it just doesn't load. Click orange button - bang to desktop. I figure either this VPN isnt working right because I'm on Windows 10 or .. the game doesn't like Windows 10. That or I've done something completely different wrong. I'll keep after it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Free Triangle posted:

Also,

I think so it's faster and shooter makes the machine gun way stronger. Also the kick is fantastic and also cool.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

PadreScout posted:

The timezone fixed it. Now it installed and patched fine - it just doesn't load. Click orange button - bang to desktop. I figure either this VPN isnt working right because I'm on Windows 10 or .. the game doesn't like Windows 10. That or I've done something completely different wrong. I'll keep after it.

orange button is for patching only theres a separate exe for the game.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Al Borland posted:

orange button is for patching only theres a separate exe for the game.

I push the orange button and it starts the game. It's a pretty weird launcher and you have to figure out what works for your system.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
God dammit Japan.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
Has anyone else been having problems with the game freezing during transitions to the main page? It happens to me all the time.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

CassiusW posted:

Has anyone else been having problems with the game freezing during transitions to the main page? It happens to me all the time.

not sure have you tried switching vpns? I had to switch from sakura because it blew up the other day i think the load was like 0/30/0 and it had some really bad traffic scores

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Zeirnaton posted:

not sure have you tried switching vpns? I had to switch from sakura because it blew up the other day i think the load was like 0/30/0 and it had some really bad traffic scores

Oh I'm not in the US anymore. I'm back in Japan so I don't need to use a VPN.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

CassiusW posted:

Oh I'm not in the US anymore. I'm back in Japan so I don't need to use a VPN.

ahh ok did not know that

YesManKablam
Feb 19, 2013
Getting back into this. What's a good suit to try to go for? Right now I have a silver Gouf Custom, some Zaku IIs and a Dom.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

The Gouf Custom is one of the best suits Zeon has right now, actually.

YesManKablam
Feb 19, 2013
So I was able to log in an hour ago but now I can't. After hitting log in it starts working then the screen flashes white with no error message or anything. Is the game down or something?

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Try running the launcher and the exe as an administrator. I've found it gets me past that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YesManKablam
Feb 19, 2013
Thanks friend. Got it to work.

• Locked thread