Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Neo Rasa posted:

This is exactly right.

Have you made zero digital purchases since you got your Wii U though? As long as you made a Nintendo ID/etc. you should already have points for those as well. As an example I never bothered to check until a couple of days ago and had $20 worth of $5 codes ready to go. You have until March to claim any codes you earned.
i bought my wii u like 3 weeks ago and the only digital purchases i have made are link to the past and earthbound. 3d world and nintendoland came preinstalled but i have not received surveys for them and they dont show up as registered on my club nintendo account. I was going to email nintendo about it but in their faq it says preinstalled games dont qualify for surveys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Link to the Past and Earthbound will both count for the DDP so grabbing Pikmen would put you at $5 back and about $22 shy of a 2nd DDP code.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yea i just called nintendo to see if they will add the points for my preinstalled games. guy didn't even know about the digital deluxe promotion. he sent my poo poo along to the "loyalty department" and hopefully they'll get back to me tomorrow

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
That doesn't surprise me, I didn't even remember to look at the site or anything until a couple of days ago when everyone was talking about it in this thread. I think a lot of people missed out because the Wii U's shop was so relatively bare early on.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

irlZaphod posted:

That depends, did you buy GOTY 2014 and 2015 Captain Toad?

I'm not going to lie, it was the game that pushed me to buy the console.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Ronnie posted:

I'm not going to lie, it was the game that pushed me to buy the console.
Then welcome to the Cute Gamers Club. :)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

We're really running this cute thing into the ground huh

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Help Im Alive posted:

Captain Toad can't jump, so yes.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I didn't buy Captain Toad but hopefully Wonderful 101 is cute enough. :buddy:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
You ugly mother fucker.
I'm ugly too

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Help Im Alive posted:

What, you don't like memes? Why would you buy the exclusive home for Meme Run if you don't like the hottest new memes?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Help Im Alive posted:

You're right. Time to bring back the sales charts

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

NINTENDO IS DOOOOOOMED chat

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

sales charts are extremely good and funny

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
The account system is MEAN :(

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Awesome! posted:

sales charts are extremely good and funny

This one is my favorite:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Captain Toad can't jump, so yes.

The canonical reason for his lack of ups is that he packed too many snacks in his backpack. Captain Toad owns

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Looper posted:

The canonical reason for his lack of ups is that he packed too many snacks in his backpack. Captain Toad owns

Is it snacks? I thought it was loads of treasure.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Skeezy posted:

To Captain Toad, those are the same thing.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Skeezy posted:

Can't it be both?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Skeezy posted:

Always read the manual before you play

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Skeezy posted:

Ever heard of chocolate coins or ring pops? Game, set and match my friend

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Is there any point to platinum if I did it all in December? I just hit 700 after doing some post game surveys but the FAQ seems to indicate that I can't get them since it isn't July or August. I want my free Earthbound

Edit: oh I guess I have to wait till July 1st to redeem the free game. This is a pretty chintzy loyalty system.

Nairbo fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 31, 2014

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Club Nintendo status years end in June of a year, so to get platinum for 2014 you had to do it by the end of June. If you have platinum status right now it's for 2015 and you'll get your reward when the current cycle ends in June.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Godinster posted:

Is there any point to platinum if I did it all in December? I just hit 700 after doing some post game surveys but the FAQ seems to indicate that I can't get them since it isn't July or August. I want my free Earthbound

Edit: oh I guess I have to wait till July 1st to redeem the free game. This is a pretty chintzy loyalty system.

You missed it.

You'll get a platinum reward in the summer when they put out the next batch. It may or may not have Earthbound as an option. No reason to add more CN codes to your account unless you want to pick up a specific reward for coins, might as well save them to hit plat next year.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I just ordered Captain Toad, is Birdo in this game or is she really dead?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Surlaw posted:

I just ordered Captain Toad, is Birdo in this game or is she really dead?

I don't think so. Most of the enemies are the guys who were in 3D world.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Do you get digital deluxe credit if you buy wii u games digitally thorough Nintendo's website?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
All this digital deluxe promotion chat just drives home that Nintendo really don't give two fucks about the UK :(

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I'm pretty sure the digital deluxe promotion is worldwide, or at the very least NA/EU/JP/Australia. Have you tried logging in?

e: Euro site is here: https://p.nintendo.net/premium/

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 31, 2014

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Mercury Crusader posted:

This one is my favorite:

Mario Kart won't save the WiiU it will only sell 2 million copies in it's life time

-A thing someone was actually paid by Polygon to put on their website

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Stan Taylor posted:

No reason to add more CN codes to your account unless you want to pick up a specific reward for coins, might as well save them to hit plat next year.

I'm like 100 coins short of the Smash posters and I'm pretty sure they won;t last until June which is a shame since I'm already Platinum. Honestly though I wouldn't be surprised if Club Nintendo just goes completely digital rewards next year if it's even their in the sameish form at all.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Kin posted:

All this digital deluxe promotion chat just drives home that Nintendo really don't give two fucks about the UK :(

Its in the uk

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Mario Kart won't save the WiiU it will only sell 2 million copies in it's life time

-A thing someone was actually paid by Polygon to put on their website

Note: Mario Kart 8 has already sold over 3.5 million.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

majormonotone posted:

Note: Mario Kart 8 has already sold over 3.5 million.

The best was that they posted that article about it failing, then when it sold over a million copies in the first few days, they posted a new article with a title like, "Mario Kart 8 fastest selling Mario Kart, still doomed to fail!!!"

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
I've bought some stuff digitally via both 3DS and Wii U but I'm not familiar with the $5 code thing you guys are talking about. Is it related to Club Nintendo? Where can I check and see if I have codes?

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

PneumonicBook posted:

Yea it's an odd choice to not have the 3DS version carry anything over to the Wii U version. I've been having 8 amiibos fight in 99 stock matches while I do homework or whatever to get the custom moves.

Wait, if I make Amiibos fight themselves it can still unlock stuff for me? If so I am going to go do this. Just go into "Smash" and make them fight right? I figured that wouldn't work.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Spectacle Rock posted:

Wait, if I make Amiibos fight themselves it can still unlock stuff for me? If so I am going to go do this. Just go into "Smash" and make them fight right?

Yes.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Paper Triangle posted:

I've bought some stuff digitally via both 3DS and Wii U but I'm not familiar with the $5 code thing you guys are talking about. Is it related to Club Nintendo? Where can I check and see if I have codes?

https://www.ddp.nintendo.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mercury Crusader posted:

This one is my favorite:

Good god. I hope no one reading this thread is a statistician because if they are then you just killed them.

• Locked thread