Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oh 100 new posts I wonder if anything interesting happened nope just burger chat and tomato chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

syscall girl posted:

on a somewhat related note somebody in the dnd chat thread said they saw fishmech arguing with one of his alternate accounts :allears:

dnd was accusing everybody of being fishmech at one point so that may or may not be true

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Luigi Thirty posted:

oh 100 new posts I wonder if anything interesting happened nope just burger chat and tomato chat

dont forget real estate

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

hobbesmaster posted:

dnd was accusing everybody of being fishmech at one point so that may or may not be true

to be fair, most of dnd do have a penchant for argumentum ad wikipedia.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

i'll make the emote

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Snapchat A Titty posted:

dont forget real estate

in the tech bubble thread? say it ain't so

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

hobbesmaster posted:

good point

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Main Paineframe posted:

basically everywhere except the most rural of rural shitholes has that one really good local burger place

the best burger i ever had was in eastern oregon in the middle of nowhere

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Luigi Thirty posted:

and now i want to put on pants and go get a milkshake :argh:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
what baffles me is how fry sauce hasn't become a point of contention amongst dipshit connoisseurs. like, a good fry sauce can be really good. i know a place in hillsboro that does a p. good fry sauce. i think arctic circle also had pretty dece fry sauce...? but then you get some shitshows that think fry sauce is about chilled thousand island dressing and relish or some godawful hot cold mess like that and i don't even know where anyone gets those ideas from.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

what baffles me is how fry sauce hasn't become a point of contention amongst dipshit connoisseurs. like, a good fry sauce can be really good. i know a place in hillsboro that does a p. good fry sauce. i think arctic circle also had pretty dece fry sauce...? but then you get some shitshows that think fry sauce is about chilled thousand island dressing and relish or some godawful hot cold mess like that and i don't even know where anyone gets those ideas from.

i'm the dipshit connoisseur

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

i'm the dipshit connoisseur

it's u

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
sorry condiv but i think this thread is dead. i think it's been ruined by assholes who couldn't stay on topic about the latest craze in bubbles. probs time to call the fund manager and pull the plug on this here venture...

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

is fry sauce even a thing, like is there a platonic ideal of it that all other fry sauces may aspire to? say what you will about mayo and ketchup, at least they are things that may be.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

loving lol at anything other than homemade ketchup

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Bloody posted:

loving lol at anything other than homemade ketchup

oval office

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Snapchat A Titty posted:

is fry sauce even a thing, like is there a platonic ideal of it that all other fry sauces may aspire to? say what you will about mayo and ketchup, at least they are things that may be.
yes, russian ketchunnaise, 50/50 of guess what
:barf:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

kalstrams posted:

yes, russian ketchunnaise, 50/50 of guess what
:barf:

thats pretty much what the belgians call sauce andalouse

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i think its belgian in origin too

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
homemade mayo also rules

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

fry sauce is a weak regionalism from the worst parts of the west

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

actually you could say that sauce andalouse is the one true fry sauce and all others are imitations. fries & sauce, both invented by the low country master race

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
i vastly prefer sweet potato fries vs regular garbage fries

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Snapchat A Titty posted:

mayo, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, pepper, and a hint of garlic

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

what would sauce autistique be

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i prefer sweet garbage autistique

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oh my god you guys

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

this is what happens when valleywag goes away

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i hate to interrupt burgerchat but new uber news:

quote:

An Uber driver brought a female passenger back to the Albany Park apartment he shared with his wife and sexually assaulted her on a couch, prosecutors said Tuesday.
After the attack, Maxime Fohounhedo told the 22-year-old woman, “I made you happy,” prosecutors said. A judge set bail for Fohounhedo at $500,000 and banned him from driving for the online ride-sharing service while the case is in court.

“He will not be Ubering anybody,” said Judge Peggy Chiampas during a bond hearing.

The woman was out with friends from work when she used the Uber X app on her phone to arrange a ride to her West Rogers Park home early on Nov. 16, prosecutors said

Fohounhedo arrived shortly before 3 a.m. in a black four-door car, and the woman got in the back seat, said Assistant State’s Attorney Robert Mack. The woman fell asleep as Fohounhedo drove onto a highway, he said.

After exiting the highway, Fohounhedo stopped the car and asked the woman to get into the front because he was having trouble finding her address, Mack said.

The woman -- who prosecutors said was intoxicated -- got into the front and fell asleep, waking when Fohounhedo turned into an alley and stopped the car behind an apartment building, Mack said.

Fohounhedo then grabbed the woman’s left hand and placed it in his pants, Mack said. The woman pulled her hand away and fell asleep again.

She awoke inside Fohounhedo’s apartment with the Uber driver assaulting her on a leather couch in the living room, Mack said. Afterward, Fohounhedo helped her out of the building and put her back in the car, telling her, “I made you happy,” Mack said.

After being dropped off at her home, the woman texted a friend and said she had been sexually assaulted, he said. When the woman woke up later that day, she called police and was taken to Swedish Covenant Hospital, where a rape kit was conducted.

Fohounhedo’s Uber account is in his wife’s name but his photo and phone number are on the account, Mack said. Fohounhedo’s attorney said he shares the account with his wife.

GPS coordinates show the victim’s phone was in Fohounhedo’s apartment at the time of the attack and the woman was able to identify photos taken of the inside and outside of his apartment, Mack said.

She also identified Fohounhedo in a physical lineup.

Weeks later, in early December, Uber officials said the driver had been removed from service while police investigated the allegations.

Fohounhedo, of the 4400 block of North Lawndale Avenue, has been charged with criminal sexual assault and criminal sexual abuse, police said. It is the first time he has been arrested, according to an arrest report.

His attorney said Fohounhedo, who has lived in Chicago for three years, was born in the West African country of Benin and that his first language is French. Fohounhedo indicated to a judge that he understood the proceedings.

oh, and uber is no longer banned in new delhi as long as they follow the rules for radio taxis. too bad uber thinks it should be regulated the same as amazon:

quote:

NEW DELHI: The Delhi Transport Department has modified the 2006 Radio Taxi Scheme, to allow aggregators of taxis to also be eligible for a radio taxi license. This is meant ostensibly to allow web-based aggregator apps such as Uber and Ola to function. But the gap in the operating model between a traditional radio cab fleet operator such as Meru and an app-based aggregator such as Ola is so vast that the rules might end up usurping the ease and advantage such companies had.

The move comes three weeks after a woman was raped inside a Uber cab in the city, triggering government scrutiny of such cab services. Uber was ordered off the roads in Delhi, while other aggregators such as Ola continue to operate.

Under the revised rules, a copy of which is at the end of this story, all radio taxi fleet operators as well as aggregators of radio taxis, are now eligible for a radio taxi license, provided they meet a long list of requirements. Before the changes, only operators of radio taxi fleets were eligible.

Under the new rules, radio taxi providers would need to follow all rules under the 1988 Motor Vehicles Act and the 2000 Information Technology Act. Any applicant for a license will need to be registered under the Companies Act and must be mandated to provide public transport services.

Companies such as Uber and Ola are tech companies and maintain that they only provide the technology backbone, while the cabs run on the permit and license issued to the cab owner. They currently do not hold a radio taxi license and to apply now, they would have to change the fundamental nature of their operations.

The list of requirements are long and onerous. For instance, every car must be fitted with a GPRS/GPS-based tracking system with a printer unit and a panic button that will alert the control room or a nearest police station. The unit must transmit back to a central control room the real time location of the cab.

Companies such as Uber and Ola provide an app that connects users with drivers. The phone, usually an Apple iPhone, acts as the GPS unit. But there is no GPS unit with a printer, or a central control room.

Part of the reason why companies such as Ola and Uber attract such high valuations from investors in the lack of need to establish infrastructure such as office premises, control rooms, call centres and parking spaces, which would all be subject to their own set of regulations in different cities and countries.

Under the new rules, all radio taxi providers including these app-based taxi aggregators will need to have at least a fleet of 200 radio taxis, and must provide adequate parking space for all of them. They would also need to have a registered office within the city, and provide their contact information to the transport department.

Moreover, they would have to maintain a call centre or web portal with all their information, including the fare structure, clearly listed in the website. A service for customer feedback and grievances need also be maintained by the cab company.

The transport department directive also lists several mandatory regulations that both the driver and the vehicles used as cabs need to adhere to in order to function legally. Licenses for these cab services will be provided for only five and a half years at a time, and will need to be renewed every five years.

Fundamentally, the Delhi government has retained an older model of radio taxi operations and has added that web-based aggregators will be allowed, without studying their business model. This will help traditional radio taxi fleets and make life very difficult for app-based aggregators.

:argh: a panic button in a cab? how onerous and not helpful!!!!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

computer parts posted:

mayo, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, pepper, and a hint of garlic

0.5 cup mayo
0.25 cup ketchup
0.5 tsp garlic sauce
0.25 tsp worcestershire sauce
0.5 tsp black pepper

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

prefect posted:

and now i want to put on pants and go get a milkshake :argh:

oh man

oh man oh man

let me loving tell you about this milkshake I had a while back

it was a milkshake with coffee cake in it

it was so loving good you have no idea

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
they got an apple pie there, that'll kill ya

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

uncurable mlady posted:

oh man

oh man oh man

let me loving tell you about this milkshake I had a while back

it was a milkshake with coffee cake in it

it was so loving good you have no idea

it sounds good

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

i vastly prefer sweet potato fries vs regular garbage fries

this + some honey for dippin'

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

im pretty sure i have had less than 10 milkshakes in my life

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Tech Enablement Creates More Entrepreneurs: Real-time and mobile services have empowered a new segment of workforce that thrives on flexible and independent work. This has enabled those that aren’t able to (or simply don’t want to) fulfill 9-5 jobs to enter the workforce and creates a prevalence of non-traditional careers in services. In 2014 in the U.S. alone, there are 18 million independent workers. Expect that number to increase at sharp rates in 2015.

Government Empowers & Creates Even More Entrepreneurs: 2014 saw changes in policy that enable the entrepreneur with greater independence and freedom. More lenient immigration policies will allow people to pursue entrepreneurship, while affordable individual health care makes traditional employment less of a draw. These policy changes will drive a massive influx of entrepreneurs in 2015 and beyond.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i am utterly convinced that it is not for lack of 9-5 jobs that someone may choose to become non-traditional subcontracting service-provider or whatever the gently caress how can anyone write this poo poo with a straight face

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Snapchat A Titty posted:

i am utterly convinced that it is not for lack of 9-5 jobs that someone may choose to become non-traditional subcontracting service-provider or whatever the gently caress how can anyone write this poo poo with a straight face

i imagine the author is himself doing piecework as a non-traditional subcontracting service-provider

$20 for a blog post, what independence he must feel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i imagine the author is himself doing piecework as a non-traditional subcontracting service-provider

$20 for a blog post, what independence he must feel
lmao oh cmon you know he got paid in exposure

• Locked thread