Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

JosephWongKS posted:

Do you know if Shiho's mother has already appeared in the manga?

Is Shiho the pervert?

If so, yes, her mom does show up in a currently untranslated chapter. It's a ways off though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I never knew I wanted Araki to draw stands for Truthism so much now.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Fanservice chapter in my Truthism?

It's more likely than you think.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Fanservice chapter in my Truthism?

It's more likely than you think.

Disgusting, how are they allowed to publish such smut?!?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Every character is gradually transforming into a complete dork, even the teacher, and it's wonderful.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I was encouraged to come here via the Anime of the Year thread. Before I begin reading, I must know: is this school life comedy a mostly male cast doing homoerotic things, or a mostly female cast doing suggestive but still safely heterosexual things? Neither is a deal breaker I just like to know what I'm getting into in advance

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Rangpur posted:

I was encouraged to come here via the Anime of the Year thread. Before I begin reading, I must know: is this school life comedy a mostly male cast doing homoerotic things, or a mostly female cast doing suggestive but still safely heterosexual things? Neither is a deal breaker I just like to know what I'm getting into in advance

I believe the scandalously sexy cool beauties above should give you your answer.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

its a harem

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Rangpur posted:

I just like to know what I'm getting into in advance

You're getting into a comedy where all the girls are cute but dumb.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah, this is technically speaking a supernatural high school harem comedy series, except that the emphasis is on the comedy more than anything else by a large margin, and like 70% of the harem isn't interested in the main character, who is only interested in one girl.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rangpur posted:

Neither. It's mostly a cast of people making fools of themselves all the time and a main character who is in love with one of them, but, like most teens his age, is having trouble getting the ball rolling on that relationship.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Rangpur posted:

The female lead, striking her best suggestive but still safely heterosexual pose

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Rangpur posted:

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Cool I will read it then

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
It hurts to laugh... It hurts to laugh...

This was probably the best chapter yet. (It also had the best line: "Welcome to the world of idiots.")

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah, this manga's pretty light on the fanservice. Well, except for that one recent chapter where one of the characters was shown wearing only a bra and panties.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, this manga's pretty light on the fanservice. Well, except for that one recent chapter where one of the characters was shown wearing only a bra and panties.

...and a collar.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ActionZero posted:

You're getting into a comedy where all the girls are cute but dumb.

I wouldn't really call it moe-type stupid either, which is really the best part.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shinjobi posted:

I wouldn't really call it moe-type stupid either, which is really the best part.

Yeah, it's more of an earnest goofiness than anything else.

And it's not limited to just the girls, either.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, poor Koumoto-sensei. She tries so hard to be the voice of reason, then grandma fucks it all up :allears:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Jitsu-wa-Watashi-wa/Ch-058--Let-s-spend-the-new-year-with-the-Shiragamis--?id=217470

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

That was the best board game. :allears:

Oh god, another demon. :ohdear:

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
We can only hope that Miss Karen White is a bastion of maturity compared to the Principle.

So what's the over/under on density vs incompetence?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It's been a while since Shirou and Shiho have both had their own moments to shine in a chapter.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

That was the best board game. :allears:

Oh god, another demon. :ohdear:

Surely you mean yay, another demon?:neckbeard:

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
If this one is sensible then of course Her demonic weak spot will be regularly scheduled and nutritious meals three times a day.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I find it pretty funny that someone as well mannered and cheerful as Youko would get grumpy at the mere sight of crosses. Like a biological aversion to a shape.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Plot speculation (while half asleep):
I don't remember if they ever mention it, but I don't think they ever say that Youko is a half-vampire? At least I don't remember it ever being a thing. The thing her dad is probably talking about is that you cannot have a child between a human and a vampire, so Youko was probably conceived with another woman. More than likely, Mikan will become the surrogate mother, which is why Rin is so close to her.

In other news, Youko is mega adorable in her wedding dress.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Nah, they call out that Shiragami's half vampire fairly early on.

http://bato.to/read/_/221552/jitsu-wa-watashi-wa_v2_ch10_by_underdog-scans/9

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Okay, disregard me then. This gives me another excuse to go back and read everything!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I'm starting to really enjoy Dad Vampire.

Was Shiragami's mom summoning that new demon character?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Do Japanese seriously decorate with crosses during Christmas?

hosed up if true.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Rexides posted:

hosed up if true.
No. I have not noticed any around Tokyo. Might just be for plot convenience.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rexides posted:

hosed up if true.

Japanese Christianity is a thing, particularly in the Kansai region, and Youko has a thick Kansai accent.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rexides posted:

hosed up if true.

Not really that hosed up. While only 2.3% of the population is Christian (that's about 2, 927, 900 people of their 127,300,000 person population), they are celebrating a foreign holiday associated with a religion. It's not insane to use a symbol associated with the holiday in their decorations. Only 10.5% of the American population (that's about 33.3 million people of their 316.1 million person population) are Irish, but many of them still wear the symbols of St. Patrick on his day and celebrate St. Patrick's day.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Youko's dad sure looked cute in his high school days. Shame about that growth spurt.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Overlord K posted:

Youko's dad sure looked cute in his high school days. Shame about that growth spurt.

If the final chapter doesn't have a flash forward to a giant Youko I'll be disappointed.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is this chapter implying that Youko's parents had some serious poo poo go down? It seems like their marriage is perfectly happy.

Also, while the last panel does imply drama, who's willing to bet that this new demon will be as cute and as dumb as the rest of them? :allears:

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
Someone else has already put it best:

DaveWoo posted:

Everybody in this manga is cute and dumb, regardless of age or gender.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Japanese Christianity is a thing, particularly in the Kansai region, and Youko has a thick Kansai accent.

Covok posted:

Not really that hosed up. While only 2.3% of the population is Christian (that's about 2, 927, 900 people of their 127,300,000 person population), they are celebrating a foreign holiday associated with a religion. It's not insane to use a symbol associated with the holiday in their decorations.

We might be having a culture clash here, because I think that decorating with the device that killed Our Lord And Savior Jesus "Son of God" Christ on his birthday is sort of hosed up.

All other days are fine though, he is cool about it. Just not on his birthday. Not cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Rexides posted:

We might be having a culture clash here, because I think that decorating with the device that killed Our Lord And Savior Jesus "Son of God" Christ on his birthday is sort of hosed up.

All other days are fine though, he is cool about it. Just not on his birthday. Not cool.

Are you not from America, because american Christians are cross crazy 24/7 even on birthday and easter.

• Locked thread