Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Now how do I spend 20 cents?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Louisgod posted:

Thanks, this made me check mine and I need 33 points. Is there something for $1 on the WiiU shop?

Meme Run

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Please don't troll. Meme Run is $5.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Have you bought those costumes for Hyrule Warriors? Those are like a buck. Probably not going to find stuff much cheaper without looking towards DLC.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Louisgod posted:

Thanks, this made me check mine and I need 33 points. Is there something for $1 on the WiiU shop?

33 points is $3.30, not 33 cents. You can get Armillo, that's $3.99 and will give you 39 points.

Chairman Pow!
Apr 23, 2010
I have never played any of the fire emblem games, and I see now that a second one is coming out on the eshop. Is either one better to start with? I wanted to jump in but wasn't sure if I should wait for Sacred Stones, or just go with Fire Emblem currently in the store.

VVVV Thanks guys, I will start with Sacred Stones then!

Chairman Pow! fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Dec 29, 2014

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
FE7 (Fire Emblem) is the better game, but Sacred Stones is a bit easier and makes for a more gentle introduction. I'd actually recommend Awakening over both of them as a first game if you have a 3DS, but between the two go with Sacred Stones.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Sacred Stones is worth getting just for the sprite art. It looks outstanding.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Do the Hyrule Warriors costume DLCs count towards DDP points? I've been thinking about using them to wrap up the last couple dozen points I need but I thought it was only for actual games.

Glenn565
Aug 1, 2009

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Do the Hyrule Warriors costume DLCs count towards DDP points? I've been thinking about using them to wrap up the last couple dozen points I need but I thought it was only for actual games.

All DLC counts for the promotion. If you can buy it on the Eshop, it counts.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I looked further into the Inazuma Eleven game on sale right now and it seems to be a lesser version of the European DS version.

quote:

Things like stat spreads and TP costs are more faithful to the original JP DS release, unlike the EU DS release which used the stat spreads and TP costs from the second game. The EU DS release also used the character models and portraits from the second game, which bar Mark and Axel's portraits, the 3DS release doesn't.

The postgame Competiton Route was removed, since it was added in the EU release. The EU version was made using the Inazuma Eleven 2 engine, and had some extras in it. What we got is the Japanese version of the 1st game with none of those additions.

So, assuming you are interested, it's probably best to track the DS version, which I usually see being sold around for 10€ used.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I think I'm gonna buy the Skyward Sword costumes for Hyrule Warriors even tho I don't own Hyrule Warriors just to get me my final $5. I assume I might actually own that one day and Skyward Sword Zelda is really cute. :)

Looking at the cheap stuff in the store it's either that or "Blok Drop U" lol

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL update (week of January 1):

Yes, the Slowpoke menu theme plays the Slowpoke reggae song.

Does wherever you're getting these from have a North American update?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

elf help book posted:

I think I'm gonna buy the Skyward Sword costumes for Hyrule Warriors even tho I don't own Hyrule Warriors just to get me my final $5. I assume I might actually own that one day and Skyward Sword Zelda is really cute. :)

you might as well get hyrule warriors and the DLC maps to get you an additional $5 credit

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mabels big day posted:

you might as well get hyrule warriors and the DLC maps to get you an additional $5 credit

I have Warriors Orochi on my Vita so I don't think I'll want to play Hyrule for a few years.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Does wherever you're getting these from have a North American update?

NOE posts the PAL update schedule on Mondays, a few days before the actual update. NOA doesn't say poo poo until a couple hours before the update, so no.

NOA did finally add a full updated sales list to their website, if you just wanna see what's on sale right now: nintendo.com/eshop/offers , scroll to the bottom and hit left/right to see everything

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

elf help book posted:

To be fair, Blok Drop U is the best game RCMADIAX has put out.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Ultigonio posted:

To be fair, Blok Drop U is the best game RCMADIAX has put out.

Yes, looking at the sub-$1 options, that was very obvious.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
How is Weapon Shop de Omasse, Bugs Vs. Tanks!, Starship Damray, and them other $2.99 games? That's Steam sale price right there! Tempting.
I already have Crimson Shroud.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Went into the eShop last night needing 19 points for a coupon and somehow came out needing 78 points for another.

Dammit.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Went into the eShop last night needing 19 points for a coupon and somehow came out needing 78 points for another.

Dammit.

Maybe closing the program was the actual payoff of the entire idea.

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro
I only need 70 more points. Harmony of Dissonance or Aria of Sorrow? I liked Circle of the Moon, which one is closer to that?

elf help book posted:

Maybe closing the program was the actual payoff of the entire idea.

Now watch Nintendo reopen it due to "high popularity".

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Silver95280 posted:

I only need 70 more points. Harmony of Dissonance or Aria of Sorrow? I liked Circle of the Moon, which one is closer to that?

Neither, really. But Aria of Sorrow is one of my favorite Castlevania games and almost unanimously considered the best of the GBA games. Get that.

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

How is Weapon Shop de Omasse, Bugs Vs. Tanks!, Starship Damray, and them other $2.99 games? That's Steam sale price right there! Tempting.

I bought a bunch of those and Weapon Shop is probably my favourite so far. It's somewhat shallow if you're expecting a business sim like, say, Reccetear, but very charming and relaxing. The writing's solid and pretty funny, and the regulars that visit your shop are great.

Bugs vs Tanks I wanted to like, but it's really really shallow. Like, beyond the goofy premise of a german tank battalion getting shrunk, the actual gameplay is pretty simplistic. Some of the levels are kind of hard too. I did have some fun collecting all the hidden tank parts in the levels, because you get to mix and match turrets and chassis parts from a bunch of WW2 tanks.

Aeroporter I found infuriating as a puzzle game. Ramps up the difficulty way too quickly for my tastes, and there's a ton of fiddly micromanagey stuff it makes you do as you're trying to sort out the bags.

Liberation Maiden is really fun. Only five levels, but there's some re-playability if you want to get a better score and all that. Really satisfying to blow stuff up.

Haven't played any others.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Found Sound posted:

I bought a bunch of those and Weapon Shop is probably my favourite so far. It's somewhat shallow if you're expecting a business sim like, say, Reccetear, but very charming and relaxing. The writing's solid and pretty funny, and the regulars that visit your shop are great.

The game has a "studio audience" which reacts to the visitors/dialogue and I can't believe how much I'm enjoying that feature.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Get Aria, it's so good and it's probably my favorite Castlevania.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
Is anyone having problems accessing their digital deluxe page? I keep getting stuck in a loop where it says the session timed out when I try to look at my points summary.

I needed 5 bucks to tip me over into the next cash in, so I ended up buying Bayo2 to get 10$ back instead, which I will use towards getting Bayo 1.

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010
Does the Japanese Wii U eshop also work with US credit cards like the 3DS one? I'm considering a Japanese Wii U (I mean probably not for a while, but still).

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Well I should be able to get my last code tomorrow now, six isn't too bad considering I was never planning on using the thing that much to begin with (and also considering that pretty much everything I've bought has been VC games).

That $5 was gonna go towards the Hyrule Warriors DLC but I just bought that today, so now I guess I can use it for whatever now.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Dec 31, 2014

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

What's Lone Survivor like?

I've just been buying a bunch of stuff on the eShop to see can I get another €5 code. :ohdear:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

At 2.99 they're great, but they are shortish.

Attack of the Friday Monsters is not great, but it is a fun little story. For 2.99 it's a good waste of an afternoon.

That said, if you have to get one, Liberation Maiden and Weapon Shop are the best two, so figure out of you want a fun space shooter or a really fun rhythm game. The correct answer is to skip a meal at Mcdonalds and get both though.

So Club Nintendo is going away, and if I haven't signed up already I'm screwed or something? What is the points thing where I get free crap you guys are talking about? Does it have something to do with my Nintendo Network ID?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Anora posted:

So Club Nintendo is going away, and if I haven't signed up already I'm screwed or something? What is the points thing where I get free crap you guys are talking about? Does it have something to do with my Nintendo Network ID?
Club Nintendo is not going away (that we know of - there are rumours about that too, though). What people are talking about regarding points is the Digital Delux Promotion (NA) / Nintendo Network Premium (EU/AUS). That was a promotion whereby if you bought stuff on the WiiU eShop you would get points for it, if you collected 500 points they gave you a voucher for $5/€5/£5.

You can check if you have any vouchers by going to https://p.nintendo.net/ and logging in with your Nintendo Network ID. It ends today, but if you've bought stuff on the WiiU eShop, you may have enough points for a voucher. You have until March to claim your vouchers.

Club Nintendo is almost entirely separate, you'll need to register for that, then IIRC link your NNID to your Club Nintendo account (I forget if you need to do this on the WiiU or not). Just go to nintendo.com (or your local regional Nintendo website, whichever one that is) and click on Club Nintendo. You can register any games you buy on it, and get coins (NA) / stars (EU/AUS) in exchange. If you're in NA, you can exchange your coins for Virtual Console games, or for any of the crap they have as rewards. In EU/AUS, we can only exchange them for the rewards, and they're usually poo poo.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Buying Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate pushed me past the 500 point threshhold and I ended up getting 3563 points as my final total, so guess it's time to claim my last code. 35 free dollars for the eShop was a pretty sweet deal.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I wish they'd extend the DDP indefinitely, that ruled. I got about $80 back total which is great. Of course, now I'm not gonna have as much of a motivation to buy games right when they come out...

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
What's the deal with GameBoy Tetris on the eShop again? Is it getting pulled tomorrow, or was that only for a specific region?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Minidust posted:

What's the deal with GameBoy Tetris on the eShop again? Is it getting pulled tomorrow, or was that only for a specific region?

Supposedly it's just the UK but people are buying it in NA just in case.

e: Tetris Axis too:

https://twitter.com/NintenDaan/status/549268675992485889

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

When does the Club Nintendo status change over? I've been holding off on registering new games/taking the surveys for the games I've downloaded since I want to put those coins towards getting Platinum next year if I can. Unless that's pointless and registering now will make any post-Platinum points roll over?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

When does the Club Nintendo status change over? I've been holding off on registering new games/taking the surveys for the games I've downloaded since I want to put those coins towards getting Platinum next year if I can. Unless that's pointless and registering now will make any post-Platinum points roll over?

Club Nintendo counts its years from July to June. You still have a long while.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Is there seriously $62 worth of song DLC for FFT:CC and no package deals? loving Squenix.

And even worse, none of them are Vamo Alla Flamenco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Is there seriously $62 worth of song DLC for FFT:CC and no package deals? loving Squenix.

And even worse, none of them are Vamo Alla Flamenco.

Even worse, it takes almost 3 minutes to buy a song and there's no shopping cart to buy multiples at once.