Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
CroCop looks super juiced. What did he weigh in at? Also, Dana needs to start a super heavyweight division by signing Huggy Bear and a bunch of toughman-quality fat guys for him to fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
But the greatest thing that the show gave is was this:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

TheCool69 posted:

Good to see Fedor looks chipper as usual.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

TheCool69 posted:

lol

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

TheCool69 posted:

I disagree because seeing Crocop shove Fujita so hard he flew across the ring as doves scattered into the air reawakened some kind of old, primal happiness in my brain that only emerges when Fujita's being hurt (which used to be basically always but these are dark times)

that is a close second though

Solomonic fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 31, 2014

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

TheCool69 posted:

BALD MAN STOUT TIME

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

origami posted:

BALD MAN STOUT TIME

:classiclol:

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

TheCool69 posted:

Aoki won by Twister and then gave everybody double birds as he walked away from the ring.

http://gfycat.com/FamousSpiritedAnnashummingbird

https://vine.co/v/OwpnYMDYMUI

CroCop won via TKO(headkick and punches)

https://vine.co/v/Owpttp0zOtD

gently caress yes Aoki

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

This is a live replay of Grandslam - Way of the Cage, one of the most entertaining (and least watched) cards of 2014, complete with CortXbomb calling the action for us!

We're tentatively planning on 7pm PST 9PM EST 1/1/15. Meet us in IRC (#mma on irc.synirc.org) or just hop into http://taima.tv/r/pspmma to watch with us.

P.S. Please try to avoid spoiling the results for those who haven't seen it. :)

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 1, 2015

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.
I guess the only downside of the event already having happened is I won't be able to sherdog dudes and put up their graphics to discuss that kind of stuff in between matches without spoiling the matches for myself, but I guess on the plus side I can fast forward through the long shots of the ring (assuming there are some) and avoid having to know things about most of these dudes (although I know some of them).

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
I don't know you or this card but I will try to get in from the other side of the world

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
This will be glorious! Come watch, the card is amazing.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Who Gotch Ya posted:

I guess the only downside of the event already having happened is I won't be able to sherdog dudes and put up their graphics to discuss that kind of stuff in between matches without spoiling the matches for myself, but I guess on the plus side I can fast forward through the long shots of the ring (assuming there are some) and avoid having to know things about most of these dudes (although I know some of them).

Here's every fighter's record with the spoilers blacked out. Filenames are numbered, 1 being the first fight.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.

Google Butt posted:

Here's every fighter's record with the spoilers blacked out. Filenames are numbered, 1 being the first fight.

Wow, you're really going above and beyond, this is seriously going to own.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

God damnit I'll be at work.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Google Butt posted:

Hell yeah thanks.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Hey guys, quick update. After looking at how long the card is, we decided it's probably a good idea to start at 9pm EST.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

we're live! http://taima.tv/r/pspmma

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The first fight with two men who were a combined 0-22-2 ended with one of them tapping to a cradle. This is amazing.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
GOOGLE AND INDIVIDUAL WERE NOT LYING. IF YOU ARE NOT WATCHING THIS YOU ARE MISSING GODLINESS.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
this is amazing. Everyone is dying - possibly literally - to cheery convenience store pop

SHOOT STYLE SPIRIT NEVER DIE!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
So far we have had a powerbomb KO resulting in five minutes before the guy was stretchered out, another KO which was a complete faceplant, and a guy successfully pulling off an omoplata to immediately jump on the side of the cage in celebration, fall backwards, and spike head first on the steel ring apron.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
While waiting for ball shots to be recovered from I saw this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGZ8qgooYrQ

lol

edit: hahahahaha he fought the anime guy who killed Aoki

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/09/12/culture-clash-chinas-strongest-shaolin-fighter-vs-japans-cosplaying-kickboxer/

quote:

According to media reports out of China, in the first round Nagashima was able to land several heavy blows on Yi-long who appeared somewhat dull and fatigued. In the second and third rounds Yi-long managed to regain some momentum. However, having gotten knocked down by Nagashima twice during the match judgment went to the cosplay fighter.

1st AD fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 2, 2015

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
The, uh, sandstorm remix

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.
It's been said before but I'll say it again: Nagashima owns

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

This is the best

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
http://gfycat.com/GloomySizzlingEarwig

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

hahaha yes

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Holy crap, the guy that lost in the terrible co-main (Shimizu) actually had a ufc fight

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Next card for CXBstreams will be ZST 43 from 11.23.14 because ZST is the BST.

I don't know anything about this card because if I look, I will spoil it for myself.

Maybe Friday 1/2/15 sometime? Maybe Sunday 1/4/15 sometime. Stay tuned in #mma for further updates and discussion.

The archive of the Grandslam broadcast (which was very fun) is up on the tracker that shall not be named, and I am putting it on google drive so I can link it to the public. Edit: Here is the archive of the Grandslam show with my commentary- https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw00Y-iBH0YmVFVpWkF3Ujh5UTQ&authuser=0

Thanks everyone for hanging out and participating in the last one.

Who Gotch Ya fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 3, 2015

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Who Gotch Ya posted:

Next card for CXBstreams will be ZST 43 from 11.23.14 because ZST is the BST.

I don't know anything about this card because if I look, I will spoil it for myself.

Maybe Friday 1/2/15 sometime? Maybe Sunday 1/4/15 sometime. Stay tuned in #mma for further updates and discussion.

Is this Tag Team MMA by any chance?

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

TheCool69 posted:

Is this Tag Team MMA by any chance?

Could be! You never know with ZST.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Troxartas posted:

Holy crap, the guy that lost in the terrible co-main (Shimizu) actually had a ufc fight

It was the worst case of "why is this guy in the UFC" I've seen since 1999 or so, and yes, I'm aware of Nikita Krylov.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Who Gotch Ya posted:

Thanks everyone for hanging out and participating in the last one.

A good goon, shame I missed the last fight

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Tito goes 0-2 on the streets

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/2/7482713/mma-news-tito-ortiz-bar-fight-david-bionic-terrel-exclusive

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quote:

Bloody Elbow has reached out to Tito Ortiz for his side of the story but he declined to provide a comment for this post. He did offer some unsolicited editorial advice we chose to disregard.

Hahahaha

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

lmao

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

ahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
That guy has a really big head