Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Carbon dioxide posted:

Going West, exploring strange new places, going where no man has gone before.

That sounds extremely up my alley, thanks for the heads up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Mega64 posted:

What's the most Christmas-themed LP's you can think of? Screenshot or video are fine. I'm fine with (and encourage) loose arguments as to what makes a LP a Christmas LP.

The Fangames thread had a couple Christmas themed MGS and Megaman games.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
sorry after thinking on it further I'm not going to read anything any of you have linked me because i remembered that lets plays are dumb, apologies *bows out of thread*

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
I'm looking for a funny screenshot LP, in as much as there needs to be crazy things happening to the screenshots themselves, such as off-the-wall cropping, nutty file formats (bmp, anyone?), and aliased fonts. I will let everyone know when I find one.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

judge reinhold posted:

I'm looking for a funny screenshot LP, in as much as there needs to be crazy things happening to the screenshots themselves, such as off-the-wall cropping, nutty file formats (bmp, anyone?), and aliased fonts. I will let everyone know when I find one.

please look up my old LPs in the archives for such funny LPs both screenshot and video format.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Mega64 posted:

What's the most Christmas-themed LP's you can think of? Screenshot or video are fine. I'm fine with (and encourage) loose arguments as to what makes a LP a Christmas LP.
Blue Stinger is hands-down the most recent example I can think of that fits this :v: It is amazing, if you haven't given it a look. The title itself was Illbleed's predecessor, if that's any sort of quality indication.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Geop posted:

Blue Stinger is hands-down the most recent example I can think of that fits this :v: It is amazing, if you haven't given it a look. The title itself was Illbleed's predecessor, if that's any sort of quality indication.

hi geop how are you

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mega64 posted:

Blue Stinger: A Christmas Story

E: FB

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mega64 posted:

Jamesman's Yakuza? iirc it's as much of a Christmas game as Die Hard was a Christmas movie. I might be thinking of Yakuza 2, though.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

Mega64 posted:

Well there is the PS1 game going on now called The Grinch and is based on the live action movie of the Grinch that stole Christmas.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Shazzner posted:

ChuckMaster's Moment of Silence thread was pretty great and he never killed nobody (AFAIK!), unfortunately all the images were on now defunct waffleimages so I guess it's lost for good
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3649263

Someone posted an mhtml document copy of the thread a long time ago, hoping to archive it from that. I still have it if anyone's crazy enough to try.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

BMS posted:

I'd highly recommend you check out CJacobs' Dead Space 3 LP. Anybody that's familiar with his other DS LPs will know why, but for those that aren't, he's doing a great job of showing off the game, while preserving the atmosphere of it, which is HIGHLY important...ok, maybe not as important for DS3, but that's a personal opinion! :ghost:

Preserving the rich atmosphere of this masterpiece has been our number 1 priority.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Stux posted:

sorry after thinking on it further I'm not going to read anything any of you have linked me because i remembered that lets plays are dumb, apologies *bows out of thread*

Go gently caress yourself.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Skwirl posted:

Go gently caress yourself.

please don't be so rude, this is completely uncalled for

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

4th Asclepiadean
Feb 18, 2012
Wasn't sure where else to post this, but I recall a series of videos where Pokecapn, KFJ, MyNameisKaz, and Medibot would look at XBox Live Indie Games. Does anyone know where those videos have gone to? They might have been streams, so they might be gone now...

Incidentally, on the same line, I highly recommend Supergreatfriend's regular check-in on the XBox Live Indie Games that are still coming out. There's some real *treasure* in there.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

4th Asclepiadean posted:

Wasn't sure where else to post this, but I recall a series of videos where Pokecapn, KFJ, MyNameisKaz, and Medibot would look at XBox Live Indie Games. Does anyone know where those videos have gone to? They might have been streams, so they might be gone now...

I can't remember where, but recently one of the crew said that pokecapn didn't like them, so he deleted them.

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

pokecapn doesn't want to put them up anywhere because we may have made some disparaging comments about some of the games, and he doesn't want to get in trouble On-Line because of it. I still have them in tinyshit definition from ustream. There are 48 videos.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
What's the posse up to these days? It's been a while.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Earnestly posted:

What's the posse up to these days? It's been a while.

Organizing what will come to be known as the Texas Massacre of 2063

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Can someone recommend a good non-commented, or perhaps better, subtitled LP of PT, the Silent Hills teaser demo?

4th Asclepiadean
Feb 18, 2012

Kung-Fu Jesus posted:

pokecapn doesn't want to put them up anywhere because we may have made some disparaging comments about some of the games, and he doesn't want to get in trouble On-Line because of it. I still have them in tinyshit definition from ustream. There are 48 videos.

That's unfortunate. I don't suppose there's any chance he'll discreetly put them up through a link here or something, huh?

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

I doubt it, broski

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oops, wrong thread.

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...
Does anyone have a link to The Man with a Hats LP of the first Batman game? All the links in his thread are deleted and its not on the lparchive.

Have any other good LPers moved to there own sites? I know Chip & Ironicus have their own site but they still have threads here too.

Cheers

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Knights in the Nightmare is a bullet hell/RPG/strategy game where you control the sould of a dead king. It was made by Sting Entertainment (of Dept. Heaven series fame) and it's as weird, if not more, as the other games in the series. HaroldofTheRock is doing a great job LPing a unique game that's very hard to show properly, so go and watch.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

ally_1986 posted:

Does anyone have a link to The Man with a Hats LP of the first Batman game? All the links in his thread are deleted and its not on the lparchive.

Have any other good LPers moved to there own sites? I know Chip & Ironicus have their own site but they still have threads here too.

Cheers

I don't think his got archived at all for some reason or other. Removed by his request maybe? Either way, to the best of my knowledge it's gone. Which is a shame because it was pretty good!

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

dscruffy1 posted:

I don't think his got archived at all for some reason or other. Removed by his request maybe? Either way, to the best of my knowledge it's gone. Which is a shame because it was pretty good!

The videos are still on Youtube. Here's the playlist.

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008
Does anyone else remember Slowbeef's Metal Gear 2 Let's Play? It was very funny and hosted on a site that now seems defunct (slowbeef.com I think?). I'm trying to find a mirror.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Radio Talmudist posted:

Does anyone else remember Slowbeef's Metal Gear 2 Let's Play? It was very funny and hosted on a site that now seems defunct (slowbeef.com I think?). I'm trying to find a mirror.

I haven't checked the entire thing to see if it's all there, but here's a snapshot of slowbeef.com circa October 2007.

Edit: I should probably put a link. :downs:
https://web.archive.org/web/20071018031640/http://www.slowbeef.com/MG2/index.html

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 31, 2014

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Is there a decent LP of Don't Starve?

The story seems interesting but I don't know if I can bear to trudge through a survival crafting game.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

JerikTelorian posted:

Is there a decent LP of Don't Starve?

The story seems interesting but I don't know if I can bear to trudge through a survival crafting game.
He never finished it, but he got a good clip of the way through it; cknoor did an LP of Don't Starve: http://bd.baldurk.org/lp/162

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Niggurath posted:

He never finished it, but he got a good clip of the way through it; cknoor did an LP of Don't Starve: http://bd.baldurk.org/lp/162

Thanks much, enough episodes for me to get a feel of it at least.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Radio Talmudist posted:

I have it local (ripped from the web archive, actually) and just have to fix all the links on my new site ever since some domain squatting dude grabbed my old one. :(

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

Uh oh, I think someone just told Hunter what game he's in.
I just finished binge-watching TieTuesday's Fibbage and Drawful streams and SkippyGranola's Cards Against Humanity streams. Could someone recommend some similar stuff?

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Smite also has some Drawful videos on his channel.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

PlatinumJukebox posted:

I just finished binge-watching TieTuesday's Fibbage and Drawful streams and SkippyGranola's Cards Against Humanity streams. Could someone recommend some similar stuff?

iSketch dongs

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Anyone got a good VLP of Evil Genius? I know there's screenshot one, but most of the images are missing, not to mention I want to watch someone who knows what they're doing set up their base and get everything going, preferably on the Hard difficulty.

I know it sounds boring, but I don't mind that.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

AMReese posted:

Anyone got a good VLP of Evil Genius? I know there's screenshot one, but most of the images are missing, not to mention I want to watch someone who knows what they're doing set up their base and get everything going, preferably on the Hard difficulty.

I know it sounds boring, but I don't mind that.

Unfortunately the game always breaks before anyone can ever get around to finishing it.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

It's not an SA VLP, but a guy named Gaming Shenanigans/GreyHunter did an LP of Evil Genius here. I only watched part of it but I've enjoyed some of his other LPs so it may be worth a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

EricFate posted:

Unfortunately the game always breaks before anyone can ever get around to finishing it.
It's a shame that the devs didn't get more time to work on it. Do you know if Evil Genius Online is any good?

Marcade posted:

It's not an SA VLP, but a guy named Gaming Shenanigans/GreyHunter did an LP of Evil Genius here. I only watched part of it but I've enjoyed some of his other LPs so it may be worth a shot.

I'll take your word for it and try him out.

Edit: Other than him having an annoying habit of smacking his lips before he talks, it's pretty good. Thanks for the recommendation.

AMReese fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 4, 2015