Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Everdraed is a god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV_UhqF4JFI

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I laughed but I was hoping Dio would pop out at the end.

I'm starting to get antsy as CR hasn't posted anything about them showing it next week. I guess they don't need to hype it but come on man JOJO is starting up!!!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Honestly I just want Stardust Crusaders to end quickly, 'cos Jotaro is definitely the dullest JoJo so far and old Joseph is more serious than Battle Tendency. And the bad guys are mostly boring, except for Hol Horse. He was fun.

bondster
May 6, 2007

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Honestly I just want Stardust Crusaders to end quickly, 'cos Jotaro is definitely the dullest JoJo so far and old Joseph is more serious than Battle Tendency. And the bad guys are mostly boring, except for Hol Horse. He was fun.

Duller than Jonathan? At least Jotaro has some moments of goofiness (example being the signature after The Lovers).

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I'm kind of surprised by all the hate Jotaro's gotten during Stardust Crusaders; I thought he was really great. That said, each part has a significant tonal shift, so it only makes sense people drawn in by Battle Tendency might not like Jotaro as much. I'm sure they'd enjoy Diamond is Unbreakable more.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Egypt's got you covered here. I can see how the first half would be dull for a lot of people, but once the Crusaders get to Egypt, the battles and villains really ramp the gently caress up.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Did you even watch the whole season? Because Death 13.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

hoobajoo posted:

Did you even watch the whole season? Because Death 13.

Wheel of Fortune is also pretty good, if for no other reason than the mind games he played with the group.

Jotaro, Joseph, and Polnareff beating up a bunch of dudes at the cafe because one of them must be the Stand user was hilarious.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I'm kind of surprised by all the hate Jotaro's gotten during Stardust Crusaders; I thought he was really great. That said, each part has a significant tonal shift, so it only makes sense people drawn in by Battle Tendency might not like Jotaro as much. I'm sure they'd enjoy Diamond is Unbreakable more.

FirstAidKite posted:

This is the anime thread not the manga thread

Not really sure it's a spoiler when it's said in the intro to the Part but I'll edit it out. Sorry.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jan 1, 2015

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
This is the anime thread not the manga thread

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah I agree but you should probably edit that out

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I also imagine if Jotaro seems kind of bland and boring, it is probably because you have seen a dozen heroes from various programs who were in no small part inspired by him.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

To be fair, Young Joseph is easily the best JoJo and his son inherited the "Being fun and cool" gene from him.

It helps that Battle Tendency is easily the best of the first 3 arcs. But there's no such thing as a bad JoJo, and Stardust has so many great fights and fun moments, I can't take seriously the thought that Hol Horse was the only standout.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Every JoJo is in some ways the opposite of the one to come before.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Just ban everyone who hasn't read the manga from ADTRW.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Ban everyone who has read the manga from ADTRW. I mean, they've already experienced peak manga, there's no point in sticking around any longer.

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

Ban everyone and close ADTRW.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
close the forums tbh

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Housh posted:

I'm starting to get antsy as CR hasn't posted anything about them showing it next week.

Don't be, they always wait till the last minute. Also, nothing else has been announced so far either.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jotaro punches guys really hard and the delivers some awesome one liner and he is the best and I want to marry him.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Beef Waifu posted:

Jotaro punches guys really hard and the delivers some awesome one liner and he is the best and I want to marry him.

Yare yare daze...

That's my husband you're talking about.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Beef Waifu posted:

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Yare yare daze...

That's my husband you're talking about.

Let the husbando wars begin; I declare Caesar the best and prettiest.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

hoobajoo posted:

Let the husbando wars begin; I declare Caesar the best and prettiest.

But SPEEDOWAGON will care for you for the rest of your days with his immeasurable funds, and will even withdraw cooly serenely skedaddle when necessary.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

I can't remember if this has been posted in the thread before; but it needs to be posted regardless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsoMG1J7fEA

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

bondster posted:

Duller than Jonathan? At least Jotaro has some moments of goofiness (example being the signature after The Lovers).

Hey, at least Jonathan had dialogue other than lovely one-liners and an occasional sentence or two. Plus, Stands are dumb and boring, and the fights using them are too.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Hey, at least Jonathan had dialogue other than lovely one-liners and an occasional sentence or two. Plus, Stands are dumb and boring, and the fights using them are too.

Jesus Christ.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Plus, Stands are dumb and boring, and the fights using them are too.

Wrongest opinion of the millennium.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
tbh if I didn't have someone that's way more excited for it that's going to want to watch it with me as it airs I'd just wait for it to be over and marathon it. the first half taught me that stand of the week really does not hold my attention if i have to wait an actual week for it

Mugticket
Sep 13, 2011

The thing that ruins part 3 for me, is the fact that the protagonists' stands are all pretty similar:

Jotaro: fast, strong, precise.
Polnareff: fast, precise.
Avdol: Shoots fire.
Kakyoin: Shoots jewelry.
Josephs stands is cool though.

Thankfully the next season is going to have a lot of interesting antagonists to make up for that. The last 2-3 fights are some of my favorites from the whole series.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Wrongest opinion of the millennium.

Do you ever see Star Platinum pull out dual wielded machineguns? Or Hermit Blue waving a sword of "Pluck and Luck"? The only cool stand so far was the monkey, because the monkey had a ship and ships are cool.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I know this is just your opinion, but it's wrong. :colbert:

Mugticket posted:

The thing that ruins part 3 for me, is the fact that the protagonists' stands are all pretty similar:

Jotaro: fast, strong, precise.
Polnareff: fast, precise.
Avdol: Shoots fire.
Kakyoin: Shoots jewelry.
Josephs stands is cool though.

Thankfully the next season is going to have a lot of interesting antagonists to make up for that. The last 2-3 fights are some of my favorites from the whole series.

While those are good points, Kakyoin's Stand has a few more functions like using its tentacles for combat and being able to take over people's bodies.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Hey there, wrong opinion buddy :(:hf::(

Let's just be a little more patient though, it might get as good as Battle Tendency by the end, so many goons can't be wrong.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Nessus posted:

I also imagine if Jotaro seems kind of bland and boring, it is probably because you have seen a dozen heroes from various programs who were in no small part inspired by him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAqLie4EgUc

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Part of the problem with the protags in Part 3 is that they were created when Araki was just starting to figure out the mechanics of stands; so you're stuck with Fast Punchman and Fast Stabman even as the enemy stands get more interesting.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, I could easily understand why people wouldn't be all that into Stands at this point. I don't think I was hooked, either, right now. Somewhere in the next four or five episodes is when the Stand thing started "clicking" (via villains, since the heroes were stuck with pretty boring Stands at this point), and then from the next series on, Araki starts giving the heroes the weirder types of Stands the villains had here, which make the battles a lot more fun and creative than almost anything.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Basically, just hold out til the end, stand types and powers only get more and more creative and amazing from here.

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

Rexides posted:

so many goons can't be wrong.

Do you say that knowing that most ADTRW posters think that K-On is a masterpiece?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Rexides posted:

so many goons can't be wrong.

kill la kill

• Locked thread