Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

my iphone with iOS 8.1.2 has 3 unread messages on the badge for the messages app even though all are read. any way to fix this?

edit > read all doesnt do anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

my iphone with iOS 8.1.2 has 3 unread messages on the badge for the messages app even though all are read. any way to fix this?

Purchase a real phone

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

I had that happen when I upgraded to 8. removing and re-adding the account cleared it out

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

ios: 8 versions in and we can't even manage to count messages correctly

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

consider upgrading to a nexus 5

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

read the messages op

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

kill you are self

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

My anroid (lol!) does this

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

ey! srsly. is there a way to echo all traffic to a port on an Airport Time Capsule? can't find poo poo on google.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

computer toucher posted:

ey! srsly. is there a way to echo all traffic to a port on an Airport Time Capsule? can't find poo poo on google.

no. that's not a common thing, either.

just put a gateway machine in between if you need to do MITM captures.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Sniep posted:

edit > read all doesnt do anything?

nope :(

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

I had that happen when I upgraded to 8. removing and re-adding the account cleared it out

haha it doesn't let me remove them "cannot remove account"

works with the icloud one now, but didn't reset message count. maybe i should try restarting the phone

LP0 ON FIRE fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 26, 2014

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

computer toucher posted:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Passive-Network-Tap/

make a hardware tap by doing that or splicing some ethernet cables. this will limit you too 100m connections

I want to have outlook show a secondary calendar called "team" that is shared out, and not change back to the default calendar randomly. is there any to set outlook to keep the "calendar" calendar unchecked, and keep the team calendar checked?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

computer toucher posted:

if you must do these things maybe you can run tcpdump on the port directly

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

lampey posted:

make a hardware tap by doing that or splicing some ethernet cables. this will limit you too 100m connections

drat. didn't know you could do that by just basically splicing a cable. thanks! I'll build one some day and plug it to my stupid snort machine. I'll set the ethernet port to slut mode and connect back to the internet via wifi. maybe that'll work. 100 is fine because this plugs between the router and ADSL so it won't ve limiting anything.

networking is cool and confusing.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

lampey posted:

I want to have outlook show a secondary calendar called "team" that is shared out, and not change back to the default calendar randomly. is there any to set outlook to keep the "calendar" calendar unchecked, and keep the team calendar checked?

nooooope

not that i've found anyway

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
whats the best excel like software that's free and windows and whaterver. I just want to open a exxcel file so i can make it csv or a better format quick and easy. i also sometimes want to L@@K @ spreadsheets without having to dump it into a mysql to see whats inside. Thanks In Advance!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

obstipator posted:

whats the best excel like software that's free and windows and whaterver. I just want to open a exxcel file so i can make it csv or a better format quick and easy. i also sometimes want to L@@K @ spreadsheets without having to dump it into a mysql to see whats inside. Thanks In Advance!

excel free trial from microsoft dot com

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nintendo Kid posted:

excel free trial from microsoft dot com

free trials dont count as free imo. what if i want to do a thing in one month plus one day?! hosed up.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
google sheets is probably still better than openoffice or libreoffice or whatever

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

anthonypants posted:

google sheets is probably still better than openoffice or libreoffice or whatever

cool, this works good enough for me. thanks

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Excel online from Microsoft

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

with bing

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

excel is so annoying to use as a CSV tool

ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO USE CSV? CSV IS BAD YOU KNOW. HAVE YOU CONSIDERED USING AN XLSX??? PS I TRUNCATED YOUR LEADING ZEROS LOL

also lol at the order of these:

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

open csv, look around, close it
DO YOU WANT TO SAVE YOUR CHANEGS

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

my stepdads beer posted:

PS I TRUNCATED YOUR LEADING ZEROS LOL

aaaaaaAaaaaaaAAAAAAHHHH
gently caress that poo poo so hard
gently caress you excel, treat everything as text until i say otherwise, those are ssns i need the zeroes fucker

it is said that excel the worst tool for examining flat files, except all the others that have been tried

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

since I don't know where else to put this I present to you: audiophiles rating the quality of music based on the hard drive it is played from

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/hificritic/vol5_no3/listening_to_storage.htm

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

obstipator posted:

MS has a free viewers for Excel and other Office bits, you can't modify the spreadsheet but you might be able copy and paste data out of it, I don't know

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

since I don't know where else to put this I present to you: audiophiles rating the quality of music based on the hard drive it is played from

Is this a parody?

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

lampey posted:

Is this a parody?

poe's law

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

jesus christ

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1214/Wireworld_Platinum_Starlight_DH_Labs_Silver_Sonic_Cardas_Clear_USB_Cable.htm

quote:

With the advent of asynchronous USB DAC's, USB cables should not make significant sonic difference, which is what many people initially thought. However, at this juncture in time, the combined experience of audiophiles have pretty much ascertained that USB cables do make a difference, even with asynchronous USB DAC's, and yes even when the USB DAC does not even use the 5V power from USB bus. DH Labs Silversonic, Cardas Clear, and Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7.0 USB cables were compared on Eastern Electric Minimax DAC Plus, modified with DEXA discrete Op-Amps all around and the tube taken out. Digits were generated by C.A.P.S. v.3 Micro Zuma music server, either with SOtM USB card or JCAT USB card.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lolololololololoolol

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

gently caress this gay earth

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

is this a satire website

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bloody posted:

is this a satire website

i'm thinking it's a joint venture by the companies that sell three feet of usb cable for seventy bucks

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Bloody posted:

is this a satire website

it appears to be completely serious

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

prefect posted:

i'm thinking it's a joint venture by the companies that sell three feet of usb cable for seventy bucks

remember when parallel cables used to come in the 6' $7.99 version and then a 6' $39.99 versino that was gold* plated and poo poo and you had to get that one because the bits and your printer and

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

prefect posted:

that is dirt cheap for audiophile stuff

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-60767-crystal-cable-crystal-usb-diamond-cable.aspx

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
my new retina MacBook Pro has a power button where the eject key used to be. how do I do keyboard shortcuts that involve the eject key such as "turn off display" and "put computer to sleep" now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Caithness posted:

my new retina MacBook Pro has a power button where the eject key used to be. how do I do keyboard shortcuts that involve the eject key such as "turn off display" and "put computer to sleep" now?

set the brightness all the way down, close lid.