Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Apple2o posted:

So my xbox-home buddy picked this up. Normally I wouldn't waste my time with more CoD garbage (blops 2 killed it for me) but it's free this go around. What's all the OP poo poo? I've been using the giant laser to hip-fire people down while im bunny hopping but I feel there's got to be something better.

Personally, I like the IMR but it takes a bit to get the hang of.The ASM1 with ext mags is just absurdly good. And if you can get yourself into the habit of using lockdown mode the XMGs are probably the most destructive weapon in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

LCL-Dead posted:

Which platform are you guys playing on?

Just picked this up for PS4..

xbone seems to be the most busy as of late. What's your PSN? Go here and and for an invite - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3581206

There's a handful of us PS4 dudes playing

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

BOYS is getting its asses handed to it this clan war.

We have the dom node, and the HCKC node is unoccupied.

Meanwhile Prototype owns TDM, CTF, KC, Uplink, S&R and Hardpoint.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

FallinInTheBlak posted:

HBRa3 Bear Fist or Average Joe are both excellent; I prefer the Bear Fist because it improves mobility whereas the Average Joe decreases mobility but adds damage.

I used the Cowboy and diamonded it in about 3 hours.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Nighthand posted:

About that....

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

LOL welp.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Clan wars are dumb anyway. Why do we always get put into platinum with the super active super try hard clans directly after winning a bronze clan war?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Nighthand posted:

We have the dom node, and the HCKC node is unoccupied.

Meanwhile Prototype owns TDM, CTF, KC, Uplink, S&R and Hardpoint.

What a remarkable idea to start Clan Wars on a Sunday night and finish mid day Monday.

Clan Wars are a loving joke, as is Beachhead.

FallinInTheBlak posted:

HBRa3 Bear Fist or Average Joe are both excellent; I prefer the Bear Fist because it improves mobility whereas the Average Joe decreases mobility but adds damage.

Haven't unlocked the Bear Fist yet but I really like the HBRa3 Average Joe. It kind of feels like the FAD from MW3.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
What a retarded clan war. At least now we probably won't be in the Plat division for the next war when some of us may actually be around.

Good job Beachhead!

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Clan wars are dumb anyway. Why do we always get put into platinum with the super active super try hard clans directly after winning a bronze clan war?

There was only one other clan getting wins in our group. We're just lazy.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

beaner69 posted:

I had company to entertain, was also sick, and had to work today. I'll be in the next war.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

beaner69 posted:

There were three getting wins (albeit only one getting any significant number) in the previous war. This was one excessively shittily timed, and the numbers you needed to rack up for control of a node were huge. 40+ for everything.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Nighthand posted:

There were three getting wins (albeit only one getting any significant number) in the previous war. This was one excessively shittily timed, and the numbers you needed to rack up for control of a node were huge. 40+ for everything.

in previous wars we would easily have 2-3 6 man teams going after nodes. That would turn a high number node into about 15 minutes of work. When there are only 4 people playing at any given time.. makes it kinda hard.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

in previous wars we would easily have 2-3 6 man teams going after nodes. That would turn a high number node into about 15 minutes of work. When there are only 4 people playing at any given time.. makes it kinda hard.

The other night it was just me and Cactusmas playing CTF with a bunch of pubbies, and we only needed 42 wins to cap the node! We stopped after 2.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Did Beachhead just use the win requirements for the Clan Wars that occur over multiple days? The number of wins in each node was pretty high. TDM required 110 wins. :stare:

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Mill Village posted:

Did Beachhead just use the win requirements for the Clan Wars that occur over multiple days? The number of wins in each node was pretty high. TDM required 110 wins. :stare:

i think they just expect people to quit thier jobs and ditch thier families to play.... OR we're getting too old for this poo poo Riggs.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
clan wars sucks

need i say more

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm on vacation so I don't really have a good excuse. That being said, we would've needed the entire clan online for most of it to compete with iPro.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

:rolleyes:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I just unlocked those dual SMG things.

They're so dumb and fun. I found my new main weapon to use with my pokey knife and handcannon combo. I just wish they gave you more ammo. It's the kind of gun you'd want to dump with but you can't.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Tonight I learned that two sets of Walker Tanks can come out at once on Comeback and it causes framerate issues.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Mill Village posted:

Tonight I learned that two sets of Walker Tanks can come out at once on Comeback and it causes framerate issues.

I had a game where both our team and the enemy team called them in simultaneously. It was basically a 30 second pause button as everyone huddled in buildings instead of trying to move anywhere, because those drat tanks will kill you through Blind Eye because they just litter the map with explosions.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Hardcore dom on the bone is way different than on 360. People actually use explosives on the bone.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I say this all the time in game but I'll say this here, trophy system will counter walker tanks.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Damned good games tonight guys. :patriot:

And if anyone hasn't already tried it; running UAV and Hacker with only Additional Assist Points makes a great springboard for Warbird + Aggressor in HC Dom.
gently caress adding Support and that Oracle perk; makes poo poo take too long, and not enough people run Low Profile in HC for it to be necessary.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

You managed to pull some goons from Destiny?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Not just any goons- the best goons:

Kurt190, Carbo, and SpookyLizard.

And Happy New Year's goons. :cheers:
May this CoD last longer than it's predecessor.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Mister Macys posted:

Not just any goons- the best goons:

Kurt190, Carbo, and SpookyLizard.

And Happy New Year's goons. :cheers:
May this CoD last longer than it's predecessor.

Macys/Carbo please buy an xbone with AW. I miss you.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
Game is totally down right now? Nah, thats cool Beachhead/Sledgehammer. I didn't want to play at all today anyways.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Has this been posted yet? Can I care any less?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wazzit posted:

Has this been posted yet? Can I care any less?

I can. Us PS4ilures have to wait what, thirty extra days? By that point, all ya'll will have found every reason to hate them, and it'll kill any interest over here.
Kinda interested in the new gun, but boy howdy, map names sure are getting boring; what with their whole "one word only" stance on naming.

Have they posted a video yet?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

My Xbox one controller no longer provides any input or output and now I can't hear people; prior to this I lost all game sound for AW so it could be connected. Has anybody else experienced and/or know how to fix this? I've done some googling and haven't found anything useful.

P.S. - I have not broken my controller in rage

e: Problem resolved.

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 2, 2015

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Unplug your xbone then restart and see if there's a new controller firmware update.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

beaner69 posted:

Unplug your xbone then restart and see if there's a new controller firmware update.

Beaten before I could edit my post. I just unplugged it and plugged it back in and now it works just fine, no updates needed. Thanks though.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Quabzor posted:

Macys/Carbo please buy an xbone with AW. I miss you.

Sorry bro, I plan on upgrading from stereo to 5.1 first. Then comes a new bike.
I've made my bed; I'm going to sleep in it.

Hot drat, tonight was like old times; all Cod4/MW2 vets:

- Scuzzywuffit
- VampiricGiraffe
- Kurt190
- Spookylizard
And yours truly. :hellyeah::respek::whatup:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jan 2, 2015

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Double XP this weekend in the Mosh Pit playlist. I was hoping Double XP for all playlists. I get the most points in Dom.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Mister Macys posted:

- Scuzzywuffit
- VampiricGiraffe
- Kurt190
- Spookylizard

poo poo, I've been on my PC a lot lately but I need to get in on this. I'm friends with Kurt already, I'll toss the rest of you friend requests tonight. I'm Sdewts on PSN.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
I deleted Destiny from my PS4 HDD so now I'm going to play this as my main shootmans game again. I'll be splitting time between this game and DAI mutli this weekend so keep sending me those invites, I'll actually join this time!

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Trying to get all the crossbow camos is the worst thing. Specifically, long shots, skeet shooter and double kills. Splash damage even with danger close and in hardcore is hilariously small, plus the long reload makes getting the second kill impossible anyway, or some fucker will swoop in and steal the kill after you've stuck a guy with a bolt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

Mister Macys posted:

- Scuzzywuffit
- VampiricGiraffe
- Kurt190
- Spookylizard

Sdoots posted:

poo poo, I've been on my PC a lot lately but I need to get in on this. I'm friends with Kurt already, I'll toss the rest of you friend requests tonight. I'm Sdewts on PSN.

I just shot you a friend request, but in case anybody else is looking for people, my PSN is PigeonLoaf.

• Locked thread