Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

noirstronaut posted:

Is there a place one can get rad action games with child boobs

Wayforward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Please don't cute shame.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:lol:

I've never played a Shantae game. I should have bought the Wii U one before the DDP ended.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Kilometers Davis posted:

This is me recently. I've been bored of and hated pc gaming for a long time, and I absolutely love my PS4 for recent great games like Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age, I'm even really into Advanced Warfare. But there's something about those games and the console that doesn't always do it for me nowadays. Nintendo has stayed child friendly, kept a happy positive mindset all around, and the way the games work in little references to mythology, history, great music, nice morals. It's just fresh for me while also dishing a great dose of nostalgia. I don't need to have online multiplayer everywhere and incredibly complex, deep games all the time. Let me play an old Castlevania game, a new version of Mario, cute toads finding pretty things, RAD ACTION GAMES FEATURING ADULT BOOBS AND COMPLEX CONTROLS, zeldas, whatever.

Sorry for the rant. I really like Nintendo. In the vast sea of let downs throughout the history of modern technology I can't remember a time when I couldn't sit down with the newest Nintendo handheld/home console and enjoy myself. They're still putting fun at the forefront and bless their cute little hearts for it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I don't know what that kid is talking about, but I'd speak gibberish too if my parents called me gable.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

If you don't wanna join gable's rp muder then

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

noirstronaut posted:

Is there a place one can get rad action games with child boobs

PS Vita

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I don't see how videogames could have boobs, the discs would not fit into the disc drive.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

I don't see how videogames could have boobs, the discs would not fit into the disc drive.

You have to put them on the memory card:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
edit: never mind

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down

Random Stranger posted:

welp, never gonna sleep again

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Random Stranger posted:

Man, 1998 was a simpler - and weirder - time.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

That's in my PS2 right now.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

elf help book posted:

That's in my PS2 right now.

Not my picture, but I own three of them. There was a giant bin filled with them for $.99 when I went into Best Buy one day and that was when PS1's were still the current system and memory cards were $20+.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

im a player not a gamer

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Is there a way to dim or turn off the gamepad screen? I love using it for Netflix and as a TV remote and stuff but it sucks having this bright screen I have to cover up when I'm watching a show and having to plug it in because the batteries run themselves out.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

raditts posted:

Is there a way to dim or turn off the gamepad screen? I love using it for Netflix and as a TV remote and stuff but it sucks having this bright screen I have to cover up when I'm watching a show and having to plug it in because the batteries run themselves out.
Hit Home, Controller Settings, Display Off on the WiiU Gamepad

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

irlZaphod posted:

Hit Home, Controller Settings, Display Off on the WiiU Gamepad

This doesn't really work since when you exit the screen, it turns back on unless you use another controller to exit which some apps like Netflix won't let you do. All you can do on Netflix is turn down the brightness all the way.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

HoW is the NES Remix pack? Should I save my money and buy just the first one when I get home?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

HoW is the NES Remix pack? Should I save my money and buy just the first one when I get home?
Unless you get it on sale you aren't saving any money getting the pack, and they're good games to have digitally anyway, so I guess just get one and get the other later on.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Got drunk and played a bunch of video games with my buddies to ring in the new year. Wii U owns.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Spectacle Rock posted:

The administration on Miiverse is not very consistent.

Basically, questionable material will stick around until someone reports it. They don't seem to actively monitor what gets posted. Basically, it seems they largely just let users use the "report as inappropriate" button, and then they follow up with deletion.

When they want to enforce rules, they are more sensitive than a toothache.
Miiverse moderators are stupid, they deleted a bunch of posts I made sharing codes for the pokemon battle recorder, you can't really dispute anything either.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

Not my picture, but I own three of them. There was a giant bin filled with them for $.99 when I went into Best Buy one day and that was when PS1's were still the current system and memory cards were $20+.

Yea I think I got a bunch of them from K-Mart but I only have one left.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Kilometers Davis posted:

:lol:

I've never played a Shantae game. I should have bought the Wii U one before the DDP ended.

I would highly recommend buying "Shantae and the Pirate's Curse" for $20 on the eShop for Wii U anyway. It is the best 2D platformer I've played in, well, possibly since Super Nintendo games were still made.

If you have Steam and don't mind playing on a PC, there is a Shantae game for sale for just $4.99 until tomorrow due to the steam Christmas sale. So, you have a few hours left to get some cheap Shantae.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I do not want to purchase the cartoon boob lady.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that is very high praise for a shantae game

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Spectacle Rock posted:

I would highly recommend buying "Shantae and the Pirate's Curse" for $20 on the eShop for Wii U anyway. It is the best 2D platformer I've played in, well, possibly since Super Nintendo games were still made.

Uh did you not play Shovel Knight or Donkey Kong or NSMBU or...?

Shantae is pretty fun, I just beat it this morning after buying it on Christmas. It's definitely the best in the series so far, and the first one that I'd say is really good and doesn't have any major flaws. But it's nowhere near the best 2D platformer even released last year, let alone in recent memory.

On another note, now that I've finished that I'm starting in on the first Bayonetta. I just reached the store and I was wondering what the most important things to prioritize buying are. Is there anything like in Wonderful 101 where they put absolutely crucial moves or accesories in the store?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Shantae is pretty fun, I just beat it this morning after buying it on Christmas. It's definitely the best in the series so far, and the first one that I'd say is really good and doesn't have any major flaws. But it's nowhere near the best 2D platformer even released last year, let alone in recent memory.

On another note, now that I've finished that I'm starting in on the first Bayonetta. I just reached the store and I was wondering what the most important things to prioritize buying are. Is there anything like in Wonderful 101 where they put absolutely crucial moves or accesories in the store?

As soon as you can buy Bat Within do it. It increases your dodge frames.

The Moons accessory that lets you parry is pretty busted-strong. It's basically Raiden's parry from MGR in that you can parry almost everything and you can spam it to parry moves you'd otherwise be hit by.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Katana Gomai posted:

I do not want to purchase the cartoon boob lady.

Don't worry Nintendo doesn't have another Metroid coming down the pipes anytime soon.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

The Taint Reaper posted:

Don't worry Nintendo doesn't have another Metroid coming down the pipes anytime soon.

I'm playing through Metroid Prime Trilogy right now, and the further I get the sadder this makes me.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Bat Within, Red Hot Kick, Moon of Mahaa Kalaa

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Well I'm super happy I managed to end the promotion on an exactly divisible by 500, not a single wasted point.

I saw I had 99 left, so I figured I should buy something for $9.99. Got that one with the AI controlled suit.

greatn fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 1, 2015

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

greatn posted:

Well I'm super happy I managed to end the promotion on an exactly divisible by 500, not a single wasted point.

I saw I had 99 left, so I figured I should buy something for $9.99. Got that one with the AI controlled suit.

Not even the tables can believe how much money you spent on the system.

(Might wanna' [timg] that.)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

I bought a digital deluxe system and haven't spent a dime in the eshop :thurman:

Physical collections for life

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

greatn posted:

I'm not going to judge you for spending 1400 dollars on digital games over the course of two years, but I would certainly recommend curtailing that spending in the future

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Nintendo is planning new Wii U and 3DS Metroid games but they're in no state to actually show anything from them, so they must be even less along than Starfox.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Guignol posted:

I'm not going to judge you for spending 1400 dollars on digital games over the course of two years, but I would certainly recommend curtailing that spending in the future
What?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Guignol posted:

Ahahaha

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Policenaut posted:

Nintendo is planning new Wii U and 3DS Metroid games but they're in no state to actually show anything from them, so they must be even less along than Starfox.

I would hope it isn't as far along as Star Fox. Star Fox is coming out before Zelda this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I want a Metroid game made by Telltale studios

• Locked thread