Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008

Up to the Elves posted:

It's good to see Era doing good after valve caused him a mental breakdown

It was more Valve and his 4 teammates not wanting to play with him causing him to have a mental breakdown, between a rock and a hard place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

RiskyChris posted:

It was more Valve and his 4 teammates not wanting to play with him causing him to have a mental breakdown, between a rock and a hard place.
His doctor said he shouldn't travel and Valve said they would DQ his team if he didn't play. Putting extra pressure on someone with anxiety issues is not helping them.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/theAllianceGG/status/550838787975036928

looks like Alliance may have a new roster ready, and it seems to include bulldog.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
So there's a Compendium on the store for this Chinese tournament, which seems to be getting a slightly less over-the-top version of the TI3/4 experience.

Is this the first tournament supported by Valve outside of TI?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Craptacular! posted:

So there's a Compendium on the store for this Chinese tournament, which seems to be getting a slightly less over-the-top version of the TI3/4 experience.

Is this the first tournament supported by Valve outside of TI?
Depends on what you mean by supported by Valve. The tournament is put on by Perfect World which runs Dota 2 in China for Valve because China makes it really hard for outside companies to do business in China. You can't really tell if Valve itself was involved with the tournament at all.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Well, stuff like red names in chat (which are already annoying) usually require Valve's permission.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Valve leaked the roster changes: http://dac.dota2.com.cn/announcement/index_eng.htm

RTZ and Zai to Secret

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Arteezy + Zai to Secret. n0tail out. BiblefuckingThump

Aui + Sumail to EG.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Equilibrium posted:

Arteezy + Zai to Secret. n0tail out. BiblefuckingThump

Aui + Sumail to EG.

What?

This makes no sense to me at all.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
It's possible this is a temporary thing for China Dota? BUT WHO KNOWS, MY EMOTIONS RIGHT NOW

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

mikeraskol posted:

What?

This makes no sense to me at all.

Me neither. I wanted C9.RTZ and Secret.AdmiralBulldog, dreams were crushed. :(

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Arteezy just live-disbanded on stream.

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe
Can someone explain to me why you would kick n0tail from Secret, and, more importantly why you would put Kuroky back into a support role, when he's showing so much promise as a carry?

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
C9.n0tail? I dunno who else you'd get who's on the same level as Aui.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Majuju posted:

It's possible this is a temporary thing for China Dota? BUT WHO KNOWS, MY EMOTIONS RIGHT NOW
AUI going to EG is likely not temporary since C9 is in the qualifiers for the same tournament at least on liquipedia. C9.Notail maybe?

Joda posted:

Can someone explain to me why you would kick n0tail from Secret, and, more importantly why you would put Kuroky back into a support role, when he's showing so much promise as a carry?
He probably left because his friend Fly was kicked. The other part is really weird unless maybe Kuro is going to offlane now?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

At least if there's anyone who could replace Zai on EG, its Aui. I don't know anything about this Sumail dude other than he's supposed to be an up and comer.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Notail departing Secret is the worst news of 2015. gently caress this year. 2014 Secret never forget.

I mean, gently caress. Even if the only way to get one of those guys was as a package deal, I say gently caress it keep looking. Looking forward to Notail's statement.

Fauxshiz fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jan 2, 2015

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Secret officially now the greediest team the game has ever seen. Holy poo poo, the creeps must be scared shitless.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
I am kinda bummed on new Secret, Zai is awesome but Arteezy is a dick. Plus I feel sorry for n0tail. I do think Kuro will stay in the safelane carry role though, s4 playing offlane is my guess.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

mikeraskol posted:

At least if there's anyone who could replace Zai on EG, its Aui. I don't know anything about this Sumail dude other than he's supposed to be an up and comer.

Dude is a 15 year old. Not sure how him and EG are going to deal with his schooling issues.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Jamsque posted:

I am kinda bummed on new Secret, Zai is awesome but Arteezy is a dick. Plus I feel sorry for n0tail. I do think Kuro will stay in the safelane carry role though, s4 playing offlane is my guess.

If Kuro plays safelane carry he's going to have to do it semi-Fear style, because it would be insanely greedy to play a normal safelane carry with the type of mid Arteezy is.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Ragingsheep posted:

Dude is a 15 year old. Not sure how him and EG are going to deal with his schooling issues.
Probably the same way they did with rtz and zai.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
I actually forgot Tinker was a team for a moment. Tinker.Fly + Tinker.N0tail, reunite the brotherhood?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

mikeraskol posted:

If Kuro plays safelane carry he's going to have to do it semi-Fear style, because it would be insanely greedy to play a normal safelane carry with the type of mid Arteezy is.

And where the hell is S4 going if arteezy goes mid?

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe
Wasn't Tinker going to disband? Is there any chance n0tail would go to Lajons? Don't know how good friends he and Era are.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Zai offlane like he played in HoN, kuroky back to support

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
R.I.P. never forget

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Joda posted:

Wasn't Tinker going to disband? Is there any chance n0tail would go to Lajons? Don't know how good friends he and Era are.

Singsing said in an interview at some Singapore thing recently that they'd reveal their new roster soon, so I don't think they're disbanding. Pajkatt out for sure though.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Joda posted:

Since the current Lajons roster just got picked up by NiP not really.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yes I am liking the new secret lineup.

Yesssss

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Beastmaster saying "Please stop" in allchat made me laugh, I hope kuroky can still get the opportunity to do this stuff.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
loving dream team Secret RIP god dammit n0tail this is all bullshit. Aui leaving C9, what, am I supposed to cheer for EE now?

gently caress! :suicide:

New Alliance roster pls save western dota.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Era with the plays :allears:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

RiskyChris posted:

loving dream team Secret RIP god dammit n0tail this is all bullshit. Aui leaving C9, what, am I supposed to cheer for EE now?

gently caress! :suicide:

New Alliance roster pls save western dota.

New secret is the actual dream team hth

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I, too, dream of creep-kill records.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

I thought LGD had this in the bag from that start, but Lajons are just tearing them up in the midgame. Nyx got nothing at the start

haha, LGD almost kills nyx finally, but get KSed by Mud Golems.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Ambivalent posted:

I thought LGD had this in the bag from that start, but Lajons are just tearing them up in the midgame. Nyx got nothing at the start

haha, LGD almost kills nyx finally, but get KSed by Mud Golems.

Yeah it's been an incredible comeback.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

n0tail is better than Zai hth

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jonasasfuck :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

just as long as a western team wins ti instead of some emotionless chinese robots im good

• Locked thread