Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

The Bee posted:

I want to like that one, but a lot of times the game seems to expect you to be starting in the 20 range in all your skills. Being unable to do the introductory smithing quest because your smithing skill is just that low really sucks and makes it incredibly frustrating to get the skill up to non-atrocious levels.

You could just use an experience mod and dump experience into Smithing. Skyrim's default leveling system sucks, and SXP works with SPERG with some minor ini editing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Actually the default leveling system in Skyrim is really good and is the intended way for the game to be played. If you are using mods that alter it in some way and expect skill-dependent quests to not suck then you're a retarded idiot

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

It wasn't any good in Final Fantasy II and it's only slightly less bad in Skyrim. Besides, Bethesda games are basically Calvinball, most of the fun in their games comes from loving with the game, its world, and its rules.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I really like the vampire waifu the game gives you in Dawnguard.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I gotta fix the placement on that one.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Gobblecoque posted:

I really like the vampire waifu the game gives you in Dawnguard.

I haven't played Dawnguard in a long time but I distinctly remember wanting her to shut the gently caress up. Of course she's plot-essential so you have to drag her around everywhere until you finish the Dawnguard questline.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Canemacar posted:

Thanks, just changed it. Any other recommended tweaks to the .ini file?

You may or may not want to disable the option that allows raising skills over 100 (which is enabled by default).

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Here's a question. Is there any way to make the jarls your followers? I grabbed that "High King of Skyrim" mod for some lore breaking fun but it only lets you make one NPC follow you at a time, and no amount of console command malarkey seems to make some of the jarls follower-friendly. I assume this has something to do with the voices or some other weird stuff.

I basically just want to roam the world with a band of jarls murdering everyone. Is that so wrong, bethesda?

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Canemacar posted:

Thanks, just changed it. Any other recommended tweaks to the .ini file?

I believe SPERG comes with a sample ini with the recommended settings. If you did everything right, you'll get to pick a perk every other level.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Nuebot posted:

Here's a question. Is there any way to make the jarls your followers? I grabbed that "High King of Skyrim" mod for some lore breaking fun but it only lets you make one NPC follow you at a time, and no amount of console command malarkey seems to make some of the jarls follower-friendly. I assume this has something to do with the voices or some other weird stuff.

I basically just want to roam the world with a band of jarls murdering everyone. Is that so wrong, bethesda?

You want Extensible Follower Framework OR Ultimate Follower Overhaul. Either of these will remove the one humanoid follower limit. Don't install both!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Oh, I already have a mod that lets me bypass the one follower limit normally. The King mod lets you force someone to be your bodyguard though, which bypasses anything such as an NPC not having voice-options for being a follower or whatever other reasons an NPC can't normally follow you. It's this that's limited to one, and leaves me unable to complete my jarl brigade since half the jarls can't be console-commanded into followership.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Are there any pre-set skyrim.ini's that are worth grabbing off the nexus for optimized graphics/performance?
Also a recommended LoD mod or way to fix shadow flickering are on my list of things to find.
That, or just a good graphics mod recommendation.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jan 1, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

I gotta fix the placement on that one.

Please give us a download link ASAP.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Glowing Ogmah Infinium on the back.

Not glowing, but the other page of the Ogmah Infinium on the front.

Dangerous Mind.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jan 1, 2015

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
make a couple that are obvious prison bitch tattoos like "DIE, FETCHER" on the forehead or something

I need this for role-playing purposes

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
A dynamic mod that adds a tear drop tattoo for every successful Dark Brotherhood mission, please and thank you.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I want a mod that tattoos the name of your spouse on you. Complete with bad coverup tat when you kill divorce them.

Has anyone experimented with SPERG's hardcore setting? I don't mind the idea of a harder game, but I was curious about how well balanced it is.

Also, any good mods that remove the player's regenerating health? Ideally, I'd like to heal only when sleeping or eating. I figure that would give an actual reason for carrying potions, but I don't know if removing the regen would break anything.

Canemacar fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 1, 2015

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Ever thought it was silly that you couldn't have items made to order by a blacksmith if you didn't want to, or couldn't make them yourself? Now you can! It also adjusts the skill levels of the various blacksmiths to fit what is known about them (Eorlund Gray-Mane's skill level has been bumped up from 41 to the 90s, since he's the best smith in all of Skyrim). The mod by default makes more experienced smiths charge you more, and an option adjusts the smith's skill down by level until level 25.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 1, 2015

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Woolie Wool posted:

Ever thought it was silly that you couldn't have items made to order by a blacksmith if you didn't want to, or couldn't make them yourself? Now you can! It also adjusts the skill levels of the various blacksmiths to fit what is known about them (Eorlund Gray-Mane's skill level has been bumped up from 41 to the 90s, since he's the best smith in all of Skyrim).

Wonder if there's one that does the same thing for enchanting? I looked around a while back and didn't find anything.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

GunnerJ posted:

Wonder if there's one that does the same thing for enchanting? I looked around a while back and didn't find anything.

Honed Metal Is the only one I've found and it does both enchanting and smithing The default settings makes it where only two npcs can enchant and it doesn't adjust anybody's crafting skills, it's annoying but you can fix that in the MCM and through the console respectively.

open console click on the npc and type either
setav smithing 100
Setav enchanting 100

or whatever skill level you want I go with 90 for the bullshit head canon reason that they are good but not as good as a fully trained Dragonborn would be.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jan 1, 2015

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

There's a lot of vampire / werewolf overhauls out there, and most of them look about equally good.

Which of them are goons using?

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

NihilCredo posted:

There's a lot of vampire / werewolf overhauls out there, and most of them look about equally good.

I can recommend Heart of the Beast as a mesh/texture/audio replacer.

For gameplay changes the three best I've seen are Wereolf Mastery, Moonlight Tales, and Tales of Lycanthropy.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13779
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35470/
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25392/
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12687/

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

NihilCredo posted:

For Vampires, I recommend Better Vampires.

Anyhow, more tattoos:

Those are the Nebulae from the Skills Screen.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

A mod that removes "boobplate" and other sexualized features from the female vanilla armors.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Those are pretty good, it's like the anti-nexus mod.

Didn't the last guy who made a mod like that get massive amounts of hate?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Woolie Wool posted:

A mod that removes "boobplate" and other sexualized features from the female vanilla armors.

hopefully it removes them and makes the ladies naked ;)

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I took a peek, and it's bad, and dumb. It replaces every female armor in the game with the male mesh, apparently. Even poo poo that's fine and could maybe just do with some tweaking.

1) meh
2) theyre freakng vampires. they wear clothes, not armor. they dress how the gently caress they wanna dress to look "sexy" and "goth"
3) there is nothing wrong with the "before" image except the kilt is maybe a bit short?? try learning how to 3d model, bitch

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
The changes actually look pretty good. It might be you who is bad and dumb.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
actually, it's the male armor mesh, nothing has been changed

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
while I agree that doing the minimal amount of work required to pretend to be progressive is good, let's just say that there are some things that don't need to be pooped on.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I didn't realize the female Stormcloak Officer outfit gets a useless miniskirt. I think that's extremely not good.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Kilroy posted:

make a couple that are obvious prison bitch tattoos like "DIE, FETCHER" on the forehead or something

I need this for role-playing purposes

CHIM N'WAH

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Pwnstar posted:

CHIM N'WAH

I was thinking of a morag tong tattoo that says "Servin' Writs, Killin' S'Wits."

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
~Companion Lyfe~

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

THE PENETRATOR posted:

actually, it's the male armor mesh, nothing has been changed

Each of the male meshes was remodeled to fit the female proportions (this mod supersedes an earlier mod that actually is what you said), it says so in the description but apparently you didn't actually read it before jumping to conclusions. Also the vampire armor is armor, it's classified as Light Armor and equivalent to leather armor, but apparently you don't read the stats of loot so I guess you must be fantasy poor too carrying around dozens of wooden plates and linen wraps and wondering why no one will give you anything for them.

P.S. aside from size most armor would look virtually the same on women as on men, the padding would obscure the woman's curves and plates have to curve over the chest in a "pigeon breast" shape to actually protect the wearer (think of boobplate as a giant chisel aimed at a woman's sternum).

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jan 2, 2015

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Need to make an armor mod for one of those big ol honkin' titty body mods, that's just one of those "MY EYES ARE UP HERE" tshirts

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

I swear some Skyrim modders must have never seen an actual pair of boobs in their lives. Fortunately the biggest male and female body mods let you install them without nudity or ridiculous proportions.

E: I think I screwed up:

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 2, 2015

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Woolie Wool posted:

I swear some Skyrim modders must have never seen an actual pair of boobs in their lives. Fortunately the biggest male and female body mods let you install them without nudity or ridiculous proportions.

Sorry, I got too burned by New Vegas to trust that. Installed the no-nude version of a body replacer to get some armor mods to work, and Old World Blues and Honest Hearts gained a plethora of dicks.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Man the clothing textures in that screenshot are nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Agents are GO! posted:

Old World Blues... gained a plethora of dicks.

Was it about five penises per foot?

• Locked thread