Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Burkion posted:

I swear to God if this some how convinces Terezie that Vriska was innocent or something.

Like what the gently caress is this going to do? Besides have her not kiss Tav anyways.

This isn't about Vriska. This is about keeping her glasses out of the hands of the goddamn clown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

This isn't about Vriska. This is about keeping her glasses out of the hands of the goddamn clown.

Wait a minute

Wasn't that important? I mean not OVERTLY but like, Gamzee terrorized Karkat with those things right? I need to re-read this. Her keeping them might disrupt some of the clown's bullshit.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

But he knocked her out when he took those. Before he hit her while she was distracted kissing Tavros and now he's going to hit her while she distracted looking at John. It doesn't mater whether or not she takes them off. At least I think that's what happened....am I not remembering things right?

Also, Gamzee used those glasses to talk to Dave which is what caused Dave to send Gamzee the miracles video later which made him go nuts so if Gamzee never gets those glasses will he never go crazy?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

^^ You are misremembering, Gamzee snatched them while Terezi was kissing Tavros, she then continued her investigation as normal. http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005332

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

I never would have thought of that. Keeping the glasses allows her to be in contact with the rest of the group during murderstuck and prevents some of Gamzee's mind games. Maybe she can even keep Equius and Nepeta from getting kil-pfff haha yeah right. Though if she finds out about Gamzee's murders soon enough she may be able to link the message on the wall to her developing black relationship with him.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I... don't think Gamzee hit Terezi to get her glasses? In fact, when Terezi confronted Vriska, she thought Gamzee was dead.

This does look like it's leading towards a changed Vriska confrontation, but to what end is still up in the air.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Clearly the most important timeline change is that Terezi now has her crack team of experts to advise her!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Classtoise posted:

Retjohning.

Don't know how I haven't heard this before when it's so perfect.

Also, I wonder if John's going to screw something up or Terezi will have made a mistake, and it'll be up to John to work out what she was trying to achieve and fix it? We're in the painful middle of the classic "if the audience doesn't know what the plan is, it'll work perfectly" setup and it'd be nice to mix that up.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I really think Terezi is just nuts and this will fix some things but horribly screw up others but not because of any plan of Terezi's. John will have to consult someone else who is not a crazy troll girl.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Zoe posted:

Clearly the most important timeline change is that Terezi now has her crack team of experts to advise her!

First piece of advice: don't get down with the clown.

I'm pretty sure that's all this is leading up to. Conditioning herself to not snog gross juggalos.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goddamnit even kanaya's death is a reference

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I'd really like these jumps to stick around long enough to see what actually loving changes, damnit. 'John does a thing, Terezi is befuddled, jump cut' is getting repetitive.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I don't think she's going to be wearing her Redglare cosplay when she finally confronts Vriska.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Also, Gamzee used those glasses to talk to Dave which is what caused Dave to send Gamzee the miracles video later which made him go nuts so if Gamzee never gets those glasses will he never go crazy?

If Gamzee doesn't go crazy then he wouldn't create that imp doll in John's dream room, John wouldn't draw clowns on his walls, there'd be no harlequin doll to prototype, and welp there goes everything that happened for the rest of the comic :stonklol:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
on the other hand that's kind of what we're doing already

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Hussie is just enough of a nut to write a story that ends by retconning itself out of existence and then deleting it off the web.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

But he knocked her out when he took those. Before he hit her while she was distracted kissing Tavros and now he's going to hit her while she distracted looking at John. It doesn't mater whether or not she takes them off. At least I think that's what happened....am I not remembering things right?

No Gamzee just used the glasses to tell Dave that he went nuts. He was on his computer when Dave showed him the music video.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

No Gamzee just used the glasses to tell Dave that he went nuts. He was on his computer when Dave showed him the music video.

From Gamzee's perspective, yes. From Dave's perspective, the second conversation came first and inspired him to show Gamzee the video during the second conversation.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Davinci posted:

Hussie is just enough of a nut to write a story that ends by retconning itself out of existence and then deleting it off the web.

all of the books are secretly fitted with miniature spontaneous combustion devices

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It seems like Terezi is trying to distract herself. In the original timeline, she got carried away with flights of fancy and blamed Vriska for all the deaths she came across. But with John around she knows someone else is trying to mess with her, even if she doesn't know who or why, and that might be just enough to snap her out of seeing Vriska as the main villain here.

Really there's three things I can imagine Terezi trying to achieve overall. Stopping Aranea (already done), saving Vriska, and keeping her away from Gamzee (which would be a consequence of saving Vriska).

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Now that Terezi didn't put the glasses down on the floor, she should be able to receive Karkat's messages.

I can't remember what those messages actually were though, it's been a pretty long time since I read that part.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jan 2, 2015

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
If I recall correctly he was mostly crying his rear end off like a typical slasher flick teenager.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Also the newest Paradox Space update is adorable.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ThaumPenguin posted:

Now that Terezi didn't put the glasses down on the floor, she should be able to receive Karkat's messages.

I can't remember what those messages actually were though, it's been a pretty long time since I read that part.

It would be pretty significant actually. He was trying to warn her about Gamzee which would dramatically change her actions.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

If one good thing comes out of all of this, we'll probably get confirmation / denial of Terezi's stupid spider-troll obsession in the shop-room being a product of Gamzee's mental meddling or not. I mean, she is a smart person. It seemed downright idiotic for to not notice Gamzee was loving with her. I could see that being a Rage power, somehow.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
If she acts differently in the Shop Room, then maybe she doesn't scratch Disc 2.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

YggiDee posted:

If she acts differently in the Shop Room, then maybe she doesn't scratch Disc 2.

Doc Scratch's plans will be undone! It's genius!

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Actually, I have to wonder how many details will go awry to attract his attention.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

This isn't about Vriska.

You poor fool. It's always about Vriska.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Tenebrais posted:

Really there's three things I can imagine Terezi trying to achieve overall. Stopping Aranea (already done), saving Vriska, and keeping her away from Gamzee (which would be a consequence of saving Vriska).

She has to find a way to get Vriska to not lead a breadcrumb trail of pixie dust for Jack to come and murder everyone on the meteor. Otherwise, saving her is useless (she's pretty happy in death anyway), so I'm gonna guess this is more about the clown.

OR, she realizes John is out there pranking her, and gets in contact with him to do more even more bizarre retcons. We'll know for sure if the bathtubs in everyone's house stay in one place.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I know future dead Terezi was trying to be subtle and all, but I kinda wish she'd just had John write IT'S THE CLOWN, KILL THE loving CLOWN (AND DON'T KISS HIM EVER!)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Zoe posted:

I know future dead Terezi was trying to be subtle and all, but I kinda wish she'd just had John write IT'S THE CLOWN, KILL THE loving CLOWN (AND DON'T KISS HIM EVER!)

Terezi's whole thing is big changes through minute alterations. For want of a plushie, the clown went to Hell.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
It takes being a big man to admit you are the one being owned.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

David Copperfield posted:

She has to find a way to get Vriska to not lead a breadcrumb trail of pixie dust for Jack to come and murder everyone on the meteor. Otherwise, saving her is useless (she's pretty happy in death anyway), so I'm gonna guess this is more about the clown.

All she'd have to do is find a way to stop Vriska leaving without killing her. She's a psychological mastermind and Vriska is easy to manipulate; she can surely do it if she doesn't set herself up so much for a fatal final confrontation.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Actually I wonder if Doc Scratch could notice John's meddling? His omniscience seemed limited to what was laid down in the Alpha Timeline, which before John was inviolate, so if John starts loving with it and changes things will that also change what Doc Scratch expects to happen or will he start to notice that something is off?

I think timeline continuity would demand that John can't do anything to derail Doc Scratch becoming Lord English, although if he did he, Roxy, his LOWAS and possibly Caliborn would all survive in order to fix that timeline damage.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bell_ posted:

Actually, I have to wonder how many details will go awry to attract his attention.

One. Doc Scratch is omniscient. Did you really think he wouldn't notice some simple minded fool clumsily zapping about? Did you really think he wouldn't be prepared for that?

Whatever happens I doubt Doc Scratch didn't already know it would. All this rejohning might just be one more part of his long con.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

One. Doc Scratch is omniscient. Did you really think he wouldn't notice some simple minded fool clumsily zapping about? Did you really think he wouldn't be prepared for that?

Whatever happens I doubt Doc Scratch didn't already know it would. All this rejohning might just be one more part of his long con.

The story itself is being changed, so Scratch might not actually be aware that anything has changed timeline-wise. He would be hella confused however.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

I dunno, Jade was supercharged with all sorts of first guardian powers and John was able to give her the slip pretty easily. I wouldn't be surprised if being unstuck in canon put him into the Doc's blind spot.

God drat it, I would LOVE to see Doc Scratch lose his cool after realising that some blue rear end in a top hat was teleporting all over his machiavellian scheme, loving poo poo up in seemingly pointless ways and ruining all his carefully lain plans. It would play out like that Paradox Space comic.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
The way I see it, one or two small changes might go amiss but if Terezi's plan is to have John change her course in the story from going after Vriska to going after Gamzee, then Scratch should definitely start noticing since we're slowly nearing the part of the story where he actively takes control of the narrative.

lotus circle fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 2, 2015

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
I don't think Terezi will be able to really change anything major, like making Vriska not be dead, or killing Gamzee. Overall it'll have to be something really subtle so that Terezi much closer to Game Over will have some realization or idea to help things in a different direction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Blackheart posted:

The story itself is being changed, so Scratch might not actually be aware that anything has changed timeline-wise. He would be hella confused however.

This would only have worked if John had taken a void player along. Void players can hide from Doc Scratch, everyone else is a sitting duck.

But John left Roxy behind so Doc Scratch is free to just kind of watch him faff about.