Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

So are you just going to cop Jeff's entire personality because you don't have your own??

are you adopting Brad's since you seem to like poo poo games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Verisimilidude posted:

are you adopting Brad's since you seem to like poo poo games?

:razz:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*recoils from thread, due to the heat* I'll be back when things are a little chiller around here, christ.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

:suspense:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Fellas, I thought we were gonna stop being angry about bideo games in 2015.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I'll miss patrick

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Jackie D posted:

I'll miss patrick

*murders you with a flame thrower*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Fellas, I thought we were gonna stop being angry about bideo games in 2015.

*murders you with a golf club*

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

^^^ Dead Rising FTW

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

slingshot effect posted:

i like the goty podcasts but holy poo poo, hours of brad sulking about destiny was unbearable.

brad 'bad taste' shoemaker

I was listening to the first one on the way to work this morning and during the graphics part I thought "Brad actually isn't that bad when one of his pet games isn't in the conversation". Then he brings up Destiny out of nowhere and spends like five minutes gurgling about the weapon designs and how "each planet has fully realized aliens" or whatever while Jeff is like "Uh-huh, hmm, yeah" and everyone else is just completely silent hoping it just blows over. It doesn't.

Soral
May 30, 2009

ive come around on brad.... i like him in spite of his questionable video game preferences..... it's important that we all unite as gamers against the normies, regardless of our opinions on what games are good

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Giant Bomb is the only video game website worth a poo poo and it's full of knowledgeable and funny guys who also generally happen to really frequently have terrible taste in games so my solution was to not listen to or watch any of the game of the year material.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mod sassinator posted:

bring in clint from lazy game reviews

ban all modern game reviews

retro games forever

lgr is cool but he has some real weird opinions cuz he never touched a console until like 2005

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Giant Bomb is the only video game website worth a poo poo and it's full of knowledgeable and funny guys who also generally happen to really frequently have terrible taste in games so my solution was to not listen to or watch any of the game of the year material.

I actually like some of the categories and what they pick for them, but yeah. When it gets to the nitty gritty of everything, they don't really have cool games to pick. I'm amazed that Guilty Gear got best looking game with how many people in the room were trying to fight something else with Alex and Dan putting the game down.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Beef Waifu posted:

I actually like some of the categories and what they pick for them, but yeah. When it gets to the nitty gritty of everything, they don't really have cool games to pick. I'm amazed that Guilty Gear got best looking game with how many people in the room were trying to fight something else with Alex and Dan putting the game down.

alex and pat never even saw xrd before that lol

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol i'm surprised i thought it came up in conversation earlier in the year, but that might've been after alex went to new york

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

mod sassinator posted:

bring in clint from lazy game reviews

ban all modern game reviews

retro games forever

Mark from CGR

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Jehde posted:

Mark from CGR

thats more like it

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If one of the giant bomb guys die on the toilet, their drama would have surpassed that of George RR Martin.

Right now the tale of Fat Brad at Snackburger and the ongoing storyline of what GOTY is the most GOTY hasn't really kept me that enthralled.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

If one of the giant bomb guys die on the toilet, their drama would have surpassed that of George RR Martin.

Right now the tale of Fat Brad at Snackburger and the ongoing storyline of what GOTY is the most GOTY hasn't really kept me that enthralled.

jesus christ

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

Man it's such a chore to read this crap you write. gently caress you.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I love Brad.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

dota madness

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Broad shoemaker

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

He's got really BRAD TASTE am I right fellas? :haw:
Every time he doesn't get his favourite game on the Giant Bomb GOTY list he gets in a BRAD MOOD! :haw:
Maybe it's nice that Patrick left, he might have been a BRAD INFLUENCE! :haw:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

dude no

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hi Kotaku, I'm Patrick Klepek

You might know me, you might not, but my name's Patrick Klepek, and I'm the newest addition to the Kotaku family. I've been writing about video games in various forms since I was 14-years-old, and spent most of the past four years as the news (and horror) editor at Giant Bomb.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

You might know me, you might not, but my name's Patrick Klepek, and I'm the newest addition to the Kotaku family. I've been writing about video games in various forms since I was 14-years-old, and spent most of the past four years as the news (and horror) editor at Giant Bomb.

lmao

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Wormskull posted:

Man it's such a chore to read this crap you write. gently caress you.

I guess this is why Patrick left.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Pinterest Mom posted:

Oh My God

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Klepek at Kotaku, hilarious

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011