Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I absolutely cannot wait to see Boingo's comic in action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
It'll be interesting to see how they do D'Arby since the OVA did it so well already.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DIO's World is definitely my most anticipated bit though, even though we have great stuff like Pet Shop and both D'Arby's upcoming. I regularly read that over and over and it's always awesome. Ahh roll on next week.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

If you're not excited for literally every fight from here on except maybe Geb you've got some 'splainin to do

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
gently caress that, Geb and N'Doul are awesome, all of the Egypt fights are.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
I cannot wait for D'Arby the Gambler. It's the first time that Araki wrote a battle scene where there's no violence. It's when Araki figures out what makes a battle interesting and sets the precedent for using stands to gain an advantage instead of just as punchmen to punch things.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Kabanaw posted:

I cannot wait for D'Arby the Gambler. It's the first time that Araki wrote a battle scene where there's no violence. It's when Araki figures out what makes a battle interesting and sets the precedent for using stands to gain an advantage instead of just as punchmen to punch things.

I'm also really excited for his brother, too. The conclusion to both is so drat satisfying.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Nukesaku and Kenny G are the best fights in the series

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

How did you know I was called Idiot?

......Yare yare daze.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Basically everything, though Iggy vs Petshop in particular will be great to see animated.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Kabanaw posted:

Hearing spoilers of how D'Arby the Gambler's fight went was what got me into Jojo. I can't wait to see it again.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Oingo and Boingo for me. Should be amazing, animated. As well as the second part with Hol.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Next week I want to see N'Doul's very :cool: fly-killing technique.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Aurain posted:

DIO's World is definitely my most anticipated bit though, even though we have great stuff like Pet Shop and both D'Arby's upcoming. I regularly read that over and over and it's always awesome. Ahh roll on next week.

Yeah, as good as other fights are, Dio has to take the cake. My big hope is that we get to see some of what his power looks like from a normal perspective, where everything is just going to hell in his general vicinity. Pet Shop is a cool fight, except that I kind of hate Iggy.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Yeah, as good as other fights are, Dio has to take the cake. My big hope is that we get to see some of what his power looks like from a normal perspective, where everything is just going to hell in his general vicinity. Pet Shop is a cool fight, except that I kind of hate Iggy.

The only thing wrong with Iggy is that he stops looking like a dog at some point.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

As hyped as I am for racing and YES!YES!YES!, I do worry they might opt for cg during Terence's fight.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The only thing wrong with Iggy is that he stops looking like a dog at some point.

You mean after the first chapter he was introduced in? I wished the anime would homage that but they are going full weird mandog thing from the start.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Iggy always looks like a dog...he just goes from looking like a Boston Terrier to looking like a Chihuahua.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You mean after the first chapter he was introduced in? I wished the anime would homage that but they are going full weird mandog thing from the start.

No, there's been art of him as ugly dog. They're going with it.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Iggy's sudden man-face is one of the best things in Egypt. One panel he's a normal dog and the next his face is as pretty as the rest of the cast's.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
The fact that the anime is totally going through with the sudden art-shift on Iggy is one of the best things.

I really hope it's like a completely arbitrary thing. He just changes model mid-scene. Like the camera pans around him and then all of a sudden he has a totally different design.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

It's his version of going Super Saiyan.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I just wish there were more role models for ugly dogs in anime.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

dogsicle posted:

As hyped as I am for racing and YES!YES!YES!, I do worry they might opt for cg during Terence's fight.

I actually want really obvious CGI for the Gamer fight. Just really odd looking models as Kakyoin and D'Arby play F-Zero and for when Star Platinum becoes a baseball player.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I thought he becomes less dog-like and more stylized as we first start hearing his thoughts, to show that he's become a character. It's like what Scott McCloud talked about in Understanding Comics; the more simplistic and less photorealistic a character is, the easier we can project on to them.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Moltrey posted:

I actually want really obvious CGI for the Gamer fight. Just really odd looking models as Kakyoin and D'Arby play F-Zero and for when Star Platinum becoes a baseball player.

I think it'd be less jarring (probably even a good choice) for baseball than the race. I just really want the race to look good despite how unimportant it ultimately is.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I hope the anime makes the games look pixelated like they should considering it takes place in 1989 and they are at best playing on an original Famicom.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I hope the anime makes the games look pixelated like they should considering it takes place in 1989 and they are at best playing on an original Famicom.
I'd accept Dire Straits-era blocky computer generated imagery, myself.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I just wish there were more role models for ugly dogs in anime.
Iwasuke in JJL is definitely one.
Unless he's some kind of dog/rat that got merged like Gappy.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

dogsicle posted:

I think it'd be less jarring (probably even a good choice) for baseball than the race. I just really want the race to look good despite how unimportant it ultimately is.

The race is so stupidly tense, I love it. I guess it's to show how GOOD D'arby is since Kakyoin tries to fight him fairly and that'd be lame if he just won. Just wish Kakyoin actually got to do something in his first fight back rather than Get Owned At Video Games.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

And then he just gets straight up murdered in his second fight back. Dude just cannot catch a break

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Eh, he fared a little better than Avdol, I thought.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Fungah! posted:

And then he just gets straight up murdered in his second fight back. Dude just cannot catch a break

At least he figured out The World's power before he was blasted into a clock tower. RIP Kakyoin. An Honorary Zeppeli

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Iserlohn posted:

Eh, he fared a little better than Avdol, I thought.

I dunno, it was rather exemplary how Avdol got straight murdered in the first 2 seconds of the Vanilla Ice fight.

He does own Kenny G though.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Moltrey posted:

At least he figured out The World's power before he was blasted into a clock tower. RIP Kakyoin. An Honorary Zeppeli

He'd certainly do the family proud. The only better Zeppeli is Gyro.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Mark my words, Avdol will return some day. He's just chilling out in another dimension on a pile of rubble and other asorted poo poo that Vanilla Ice & The Hand erased.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Barnes and Noble has a Buy 2 Get 1 sale on a lot of Viz manga until February. A pretty good excuse to grab some volumes of Stardust Crusaders, except the last volume isn't eligible for some reason :argh:

JoJonium volume 1 is though if you want to go digital on it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

I know they ended the Zeppeli line, but Kakyoin and even Bruno might as well have the last name by virtue of being a Cool as Hell friend of a JoJo who died and made me sad.

Also I really need to start reading SBR drat.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 4, 2015

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Are you saying Bruno is not a Zeppeli?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Jeek posted:

Are you saying Bruno is not a Zeppeli?

Look I'm not saying Bruno isn't the poo poo, I'm just saying Kakyoin and Gyro trump them and also 95% of the rest of the cast.

Moltrey posted:

Also I really need to start reading SBR drat.

You really do.

• Locked thread