Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squiddite
Apr 15, 2001
Loligo vos omnes odet.
I love the feeling when you're busy holding up your flank, things are going okay, and then you can see the pubbies start deliberately throwing the game.

http://www.vbaddict.net/battlereport/squiddite-na-9ae78eceb9dd6f684dd3cf520611adad/westfield-germany-e-100-36807523254557838

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Axetrain posted:

Ha this put a stupid grin on my face,why yes I am 4 years old.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/01/02/meanwhile-on-asia-server/

Everybodys favorite blog has also featured the euphoric art of SEA.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
Jesus, the expected damage for the E 100 is only 1,959?

I'm loving worthless at that tank and yet even I can manage more than that. How are pubbies so bad as to only do 3 shots of damage per game in a tank with so much armour and so many hitpoints?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

rossmum posted:

I'm loving worthless at that tank and yet even I can manage more than that. How are pubbies so bad as to only do 3 shots of damage per game in a tank with so much armour and so many hitpoints?

They shoot mostly AP or HE, because shooting HEAT is unaffordable without running one of the high credit generating premiums (T34/Lowe/122-44) on a 1 for 1 basis, probably 3 for 1 given how bad most people are at everything.

I lose about 40-60k credits every E-100 win, which is why I never drive it anymore.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

NTRabbit posted:

They shoot mostly AP or HE, because shooting HEAT is unaffordable without running one of the high credit generating premiums (T34/Lowe/122-44) on a 1 for 1 basis, probably 3 for 1 given how bad most people are at everything. dishonourable and only for gold pussy noobs :downs:

FTFY

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

rossmum posted:

poo poo, many pubbies struggle to get even two penetrating hits in a game. Have a look at the bottom half of the team damage list for your daily dose of wishing an end to all mankind....

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

rossmum posted:

Probably people shooting AP. 230 pen at tier 10 is pretty sorry so if you want to put out the huge damage that the E 100 is capable of you have to pony up and shoot gold. It's a great tank that's very forgiving but costs a lot of credits to play properly.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

xthetenth posted:

I think it was because it went from bland but playable where every plane could theoretically contribute to boom and zoom boogaloo hope you picked a german heavy fighter otherwise you literally won't be able to fight back as the invincible sky gods pick you off. When you add a bunch of mechanics to give a set of planes a big bonus to being good at bnz and then make it so that firing while climbing does about 1 DPS, you just broke your game.

They actually fixed that after a few months and the game became this really fun arcade flight game where Boom and zoomers got obvious advantages at climbing and diving but if you got entangled with an agile fighter you'd be hosed, meaning the game was all about skill.

Then they patched the game so that the cannon bullets would't fly torwards the aim but considerably above or bellow (you'd have to experiment to see where they went!). They then made the matchmaker bug the gently caress out even if the game had a decent number of people playing and for some reason the game became much more resource intensive (after the "HQ" and "lower res" split i think) and i stopped playing afterwards because i assumed Wargaming was intentionally trying to draw people away from the game.

It's a shame, i thought it had a much smoother game philosophy than Tanks.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Axetrain posted:

Probably people shooting AP. 230 pen at tier 10 is pretty sorry so if you want to put out the huge damage that the E 100 is capable of you have to pony up and shoot gold. It's a great tank that's very forgiving but costs a lot of credits to play properly.

You make it sound like I don't want to use the "gently caress You" gun on it, I hardly use gold with the stock gun and yet have a fun time with it.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
Is there any Data on the T-34-88 that is available on the Xbox version? Seems like it may be exclusive, and having a medium with the 88 at T-6 sounds awesome

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Mr.48 posted:

Edit:
pro-tip for Blitz: go for the high armor heavy tanks since the pubbies have no idea about aiming for weak spots, and the driving controls are not good enough for fast tanks to maneuver well (and the maps are tiny anyways). I've been absolutelty wrecking even tier 7's in my KV-1.

So much this, the Blitz KV-1 is a murder machine. Angle your armor and you are basically immortal. I've actually been using the 57 on it, which really messes with people expecting the slow 85mm. And there's really no downside, given the low population of higher tiers.

Dalaram posted:

Is there any Data on the T-34-88 that is available on the Xbox version? Seems like it may be exclusive, and having a medium with the 88 at T-6 sounds awesome

http://worldoftanksxbox360edition.com/en/news/news/spotlight-soviet-t-34-88/

Looks like it's the Tiger's 8.8 L/56 (the gun it actually used, historically). I'm not sure how to interpret the stat bars on the right but if it's at all like the PC version then it's 130 pen with 220 damage vs. the 144 pen 180 damage D5T-85BM which that tank normally gets. Roughly the same soft stats and rate of fire.

edited, thanks Ensign

rockopete fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 3, 2015

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Dalaram posted:

They should have sold that thing instead of the sorry rear end T-34-85M.
Even if the turret blows off after 3 shots it would still be an improvement.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Mans posted:

They actually fixed that after a few months and the game became this really fun arcade flight game where Boom and zoomers got obvious advantages at climbing and diving but if you got entangled with an agile fighter you'd be hosed, meaning the game was all about skill.

Then they patched the game so that the cannon bullets would't fly torwards the aim but considerably above or bellow (you'd have to experiment to see where they went!). They then made the matchmaker bug the gently caress out even if the game had a decent number of people playing and for some reason the game became much more resource intensive (after the "HQ" and "lower res" split i think) and i stopped playing afterwards because i assumed Wargaming was intentionally trying to draw people away from the game.

It's a shame, i thought it had a much smoother game philosophy than Tanks.

Yeah, they did stupid things after launch too, but what they did at launch really killed it as far as I can tell.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Axetrain posted:

Kinda like the T-54 then. I have yet to have a game where I go with profit since that HEAT shell is just so awesome.

Also, starting to play the AMX 13 90 during Christmas was probably not my best idea. 1/10 sofar :smith:
Also, does anyone actually play the AMX 13 90 outside of strongholds?
The AMX 50 100 is sofar much better at tier10 compared to the AMX 13 90.

I guess the play style is passive scout, and then flank/mop up when the lines start to open up.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
If you can play the E100 properly you can shoot gold all the time and still make a profit, or break even if you bounce or miss a couple of shots.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Cippalippus posted:

If you can play the E100 properly you can shoot gold all the time and still make a profit, or break even if you bounce or miss a couple of shots.

Only if you win the match.

There should be a comedy variant of the E-100 that just has dual 128's. It would be loving hilarious to play.

Saint Celestine fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 2, 2015

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Is it just me or are the Russian voices recorded in a can?

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Poil posted:

No, you're just hearing the voices through their superior Russian radio. Which is two tin cans connected by a string.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Cippalippus posted:

Provided you never play against anything with spaced armour, don't get any 0 damage crits, and win, I guess?

T___A
Jan 18, 2014

Nothing would go right until we had a dictator, and the sooner the better.

Dalaram posted:

It can use both Soviet and German crews without penalty.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Poil posted:

That's how all Russians sound in real life.

rockopete posted:

http://worldoftanksxbox360edition.com/en/news/news/spotlight-soviet-t-34-88/

Looks like it's the Tiger's 8.8 L/54 (the gun it actually used, historically). I'm not sure how to interpret the stat bars on the right but if it's at all like the PC version then it's 130 pen with 220 damage vs. the 144 pen 180 damage D5T-85BM which that tank normally gets. Roughly the same soft stats and rate of fire.

The Tiger's gun is L/56, and I don't think there's any actual evidence of this thing existing (aside from famous photoshop jobs). Yuri Pasholok posted a notebook scribble from one of his colleagues about something called a T-34-88 delivered to Leningrad for refurbishment after the war, but that's about it.

And yeah, I'd buy this thing over the T-34-85M any second.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

T___A posted:

It can use both Soviet and German crews without penalty.

Is the L54 the short 88?

Also, I can't tell if it gets prem matchmaking or not.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Dalaram posted:

Is the L54 the short 88?

Yep. (Although as others have mentioned it's L56)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
Fact check needed: does sith sense go off very 9 seconds if you never re-cloak after being spotted once? Pubbies were talking....

Also: engine or 3rd gun for the indienpanzer? Does the engine make a notable difference?

Maimgara
May 2, 2007
Chlorine for the Gene-pool.

Nektu posted:

Fact check needed: does sith sense go off very 9 seconds if you never re-cloak after being spotted once? Pubbies were talking....
6th only goes off 3 seconds after you get spotted - if you stay spotted, it does nothing. In order to get a new lightbulb, you need to drop off visual and get respotted.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Nektu posted:

Also: engine or 3rd gun for the indienpanzer? Does the engine make a notable difference?

if you skipped the 2nd gun you can mount the 3rd gun without the tracks.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Ensign Expendable posted:

That's how all Russians sound in real life.

The Tiger's gun is L/56, and I don't think there's any actual evidence of this thing existing (aside from famous photoshop jobs). Yuri Pasholok posted a notebook scribble from one of his colleagues about something called a T-34-88 delivered to Leningrad for refurbishment after the war, but that's about it.

And yeah, I'd buy this thing over the T-34-85M any second.

Ah yeah, I meant the gun the Tiger historically used, I had never heard of this tank before. Also would love to try it out.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
I'd actually like to see a tier 6 or tier 5 historical Tiger. Maybe make it the Ausf. H1 variant. Even a non wehraboo can see the appeal of driving around bouncing shells off your big stupid box tank.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

A modelswapped VK36 would probably sell.

And since WG's policy on standard-tanks-as-premiums has shifted from "no" to "$49,98" we'll probably see it eventually.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

Subyng posted:

I'd actually like to see a tier 6 or tier 5 historical Tiger. Maybe make it the Ausf. H1 variant. Even a non wehraboo can see the appeal of driving around bouncing shells off your big stupid box tank.

it'd more likely turn t5 into a faustian hell

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
A T6 Tiger with the historical 88 and engine would be really cool, actually. I'd drive one.

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010
First match in the chaffee. What a hilarious little tank. If the T37 & Bulldog are like this then I should thoroughly enjoy them.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Zanziabar posted:

If the T37 & Bulldog are like this then I should thoroughly enjoy them.

They are even better.

Garregus
Aug 10, 2002
Re: blitz. Heavy tanks in general are op as gently caress. Its the nature of the app. Literally none of the maps are in any way friendly to tds. No one can drive meds or lights with any efficacy. I am confused though about things being the same on paper. Tanks have a lot more hitpoints. That's not really a issue though because they die a lot faster

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Also re:Blitz, the AT-1 is as broken as it was Back In The Day. Still trying to lose a game in it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Zanziabar posted:

First match in the chaffee. What a hilarious little tank. If the T37 & Bulldog are like this then I should thoroughly enjoy them.

The tier five Chaffee right now? It's better than the old Chaffee was. Trading some pen and HP for a massive mobility increase is totally worth it.

The T37 is laughably better than the old Chaffee. It is incredible and it turns tier six Strongholds into insane T37 pub stomps.

The M41 is probably 50 to 100 HP short of being better than the tier eight lights. It is fabulous.

Note - all three of these tanks get better matchmaking than the old Chaffee. The old Chaffee was very good - and all three of these are better with softer matchmaking? Yes please. Hopefully Wargaming don't chicken out and nerf them - if all the other lights were buffed to this level the game would be better for it.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
How the gently caress do you play campnovika anymore? The old rule was hill or bust. But it seems like anymore on south, it is drown or bust because half your loving team will suicide themselves to kill the lone medium that ran to k3. Meanwhile, the hill isn't very conducive to any kind of fighting either making it pointless. The best place I have found is the magic bushes by the waterway and just snipe it up. That would be grand, but absolutely the worst place to be in a russian heavy tank.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

JuffoWup posted:

How the gently caress do you play campnovika anymore? The old rule was hill or bust. But it seems like anymore on south, it is drown or bust because half your loving team will suicide themselves to kill the lone medium that ran to k3. Meanwhile, the hill isn't very conducive to any kind of fighting either making it pointless. The best place I have found is the magic bushes by the waterway and just snipe it up. That would be grand, but absolutely the worst place to be in a russian heavy tank.

East spawn pulls back east and waits for their idiots to try to cap. Attempt to dissuade your pubbies from going into the buildings because they'll just get spotted from K3. Instead, suggest they pull back eastward and wait for the enemy to try to cap, and shoot them in the open.

Of course every time I'm in a position to go to K3, their tanks are literally allowed to broadside my spawn, sitting straight in the field, while shooting me in the butt. My teammates will hide from those tanks, because spotted enemy tanks might shoot back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

East spawn pulls back east and waits for their idiots to try to cap. Attempt to dissuade your pubbies from going into the buildings because they'll just get spotted from K3. Instead, suggest they pull back eastward and wait for the enemy to try to cap, and shoot them in the open.

Of course every time I'm in a position to go to K3, their tanks are literally allowed to broadside my spawn, sitting straight in the field, while shooting me in the butt. My teammates will hide from those tanks, because spotted enemy tanks might shoot back!

So in other words, just drown yourself and get in another tank hoping not to roll the map again. Gotcha.