Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
New people! This is a guide about money by another new person. The oldgoons are killing demons and slaying weird things for 4 million gold an hour, but you cant do that yet. What you can do is pull down over a million a day in less than an hour. And remember that your time is always worth at least 600k gold per hour; according to the money making guide, anyone can pick bananas for RuneScape Market Minimum Wage.

Things to get:
  • Clan vexillum: This can be used to teleport to the clan camp, which is next to the citadel entrance, a bank, the crafting guild, and a farm. Free and useful.
  • Wicked hood: Free runes and rune essence every day. By feeding talismans to this hood, you unlock the ability to teleport to runecrafting altars. Buy the talismans on the GE. Also teleports you to the top of Wizard Tower. Free and amazing.
  • Eventually but soonish, 50 Runecrafting skill. Use the Runespan for a few hours, hood teleports you there and it's free.
  • Read the wiki guide on moneymaking. Never trust it completely, since exchange prices fluctuate and some methods assume you have crazy high level stuff. But it's great for helping you figure out what to do next for more cash. The Recurring Methods section is really useful and guides a lot of my skill training.

Easy ways to make starting money:
  • Plant pots. Farm stores sell 100 pots a day for 1gp each. The Grand Exchange buys them for over 500. Profit. Start with a few thousand gold. Teleport to Catherby lodestone. Buy all the plantpots from the farm store and bank them. Do the same thing at the Ardougne lodestone. Then use the vexillum to teleport to Falador, walk east, and buy from the farm store there. Vexillum back to bank and repeat. Sell on Exchange whenever you like. This clears over 150k gold per day in about 9 minutes.
  • Bagged plant 1s. This method is better money but ideally needs a million gold to start. Go to the garden supply seller in Falador park, buy out the bagged plant 1s (and ONLY those plants), bank nearby. Sell on Exchange. Doing 1000 of these will clear you about 600k gold per day in about 25 minutes.
  • Feathers. Buy feathers from fishing shops for 6gp, sell to Exchange for 26. Fishing shops stock 1000 per day; there's a list of shops at the link. Try buying them all out if you like, but some are so convenient that you should stop by whenever you're in the neighborhood. Go to Lumbridge shop every time you go to the crater, go to Shantay shop every time you head through Shantay Pass, go to Port Sarim shop whenever you lodestone to Port Sarim. 20k profit for every shop you buy out

Mid-level goals that unlock better money:
  • Wicked hood. Feed the hood talismans and use it to teleport to Nature Altar or highest altar you can use. Withdraw all the essence and turn it into runes. Withdraw the full allowance of fire runes. With 50 runecrafting and nature runes, this will clear over 40k worth of runes per day in about a minute.
  • Vis wax. Follow Desuwa's guide, linked in the second post. Requires 50 runecrafting, so do the Runespan when you feel like chilling in a weird place for skills. Around 400k in wax profit in less than 5 minutes.
  • Fremennik Trials quest unlocks the yak hide shop. 350k a day, better gp per hour than bagged plants.
  • Throne of Miscellania quest and Royal Trouble quest unlock and then improve your brutal reign of terror over Miscellania. This requires about a million gp capital investment with 50k to 75k a day in expenses. About 100k to 140k profit per day with a few minutes work. Can be checked daily, weekly, or even less frequently.
  • Higher farming skill unlocks herb farming. Avantoe at 50 farming is where I started. Kwuarm at 56 farming gives similar profit with lower overhead. Around 150k profit in about 5 minutes, repeatable every 80 minutes or so. Requires high skills to get 6th herb patch and maximize profit.
  • Smoking Kills quest unlocks broad arrowhead shopping, as well as the full Slayer rewards system. 180k profit per day with 2 minutes of work

Long story short, I'd recommend every broke-rear end player's first priorities to be 50 runecrafting, Smoking Kills, and Royal Trouble.

palamedes fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jan 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
:siren:Goonscape POH Event!:siren:

Next next Saturday, on the 10th of January, we will be having an event to visit other goon-made homes 30 minutes after reset. I will make occasional announcements to keep you all reminded, so prep up your house, make it cool/nerdy so we can visit it and see what cleanliness/filth you live in!

A few important things to note:
a) If your house is in Elf City, move it to a location everyone can access prior to the event. If your house is there and we can't visit it, we will not give your dumb nerdy house a housewarming. This will cost you 25k/50k depending on Varrock tasks to return to Elf City but if you have access to it, that should be pocket change.
b) Event will be on 117.
c) Get on Mumble for the event if possible. Mumble is fun and pretty cool for group events, and if Pizza Man participates, you can be assured we'll have at least one non anti-social chatty goon to listen to.
d) I will take screenshots and try to video record the event if possible. I encourage others to do the same!

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Themata posted:

-house party poo poo-

I should really make a house. I'm 99 con and my home is poo poo.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
When does the game reset? I never notice because I assume I'm at work when it happens.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
UK midnight, GMT time. Pizza probably refers to this reset.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Bleh, sorry goons, got exams soon and can't afford the time to give the house tour. :(

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Themata posted:

:siren:Goonscape POH Event!:siren:

Next next Saturday, on the 10th of January, we will be having an event to visit other goon-made homes 30 minutes after reset. I will make occasional announcements to keep you all reminded, so prep up your house, make it cool/nerdy so we can visit it and see what cleanliness/filth you live in!

A few important things to note:
a) If your house is in Elf City, move it to a location everyone can access prior to the event. If your house is there and we can't visit it, we will not give your dumb nerdy house a housewarming. This will cost you 25k/50k depending on Varrock tasks to return to Elf City but if you have access to it, that should be pocket change.
b) Event will be on 117.
c) Get on Mumble for the event if possible. Mumble is fun and pretty cool for group events, and if Pizza Man participates, you can be assured we'll have at least one non anti-social chatty goon to listen to.
d) I will take screenshots and try to video record the event if possible. I encourage others to do the same!

Oh yay, now everyone can see my trailer home.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Can we make this out theme song?

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Big ol' wall of text from Jagex regarding their plans for 2015.

quote:

Our 2015 Manifesto

While we’ve got a shedload to reveal for the coming year, we’re not going to be revealing everything right now. That would be missing the point – this year is about RuneLabs and the ideas created by YOU! It’s awesome to think that we can’t even predict what the stand-out highlights of the year will be!

Regardless, there’s plenty to look forward to in 2015, as we embrace everything that makes RuneScape unique, and build on the tremendous start that Player Power and the 6th Age has given us. If you want a glimpse of what will be dazzling you in the New Year, read on…

Player Power - RuneLabs

RuneLabs gives you the power to shape the world. It goes far beyond deciding what we make – the updates from RuneLabs will be conceived and suggested by you. We will then take those ideas and shape them into something that slots perfectly into RuneScape. Your suggestions could be anything: a skill rework, a new quest or a plan for Inventor. To be honest, we’re looking forward to things that we hadn’t even considered! We’re planning for one update per month to be grabbed from RuneLabs, although you won’t start seeing the fruits of that labour until the Summer. That isn’t even counting the many polls we’ll be releasing on non-RuneLabs updates. We really can’t wait for the amazing potential of RuneLabs to be realised when it opens for ideas in January. You can be sure that next year will be a fantastic cocktail of your best ideas mixed with the best of ours!

World Events

Tuska, the World Devourer, has set her sights on Gielinor, having left a series of half-eaten planets in her wake. While previous world events have been centred around god-vs-god battles, the threat of Tuska forces all of Gielinor’s inhabitants to work together to defeat one single menace! This is a battle that could be won or lost by either side, throwing all players into the mix, irrelevant of level or skill preferences, with many different and unique ways to contribute to the fight.

Skills

After the success of the Elf City, we’re keen to focus a bit more on skilling in the wider world and adding more motivations to level up. In particular, we’d like to offer more reasons to train through levels 60-80. We are also targeting some of the more neglected skills, like Farming and Construction. Expect to nurture your own livestock, and build brand new rooms in your POH – both of which will be determined by Player Polls. Our biggest skill updates will be determined by you later in the year so, right now, we are keeping our options open – anything is possible!

Combat

There will be plenty of new creatures slamming their way onto your screen in 2015, including several boss monsters that work in tandem with the world event, inspired by the brutality of Tuska. Their strengths and weaknesses will be influenced by the event and appropriate for a range of player levels. There’s also some brand-new tactics in the pipeline, incorporating more of RuneScape’s unique style of gameplay to aid you in each battle. There will be a large range of combat targets on offer including new groups of high-level training mobs, and a few bosses that will push even the greatest of warriors to their limits, making Araxxor and Vorago look like lvl-3 chickens.

Quests

There’s only a few months to wait for our 200th quest, Dimension of Disaster. In 2015 we want to celebrate this epic milestone by showcasing everything that makes our quests unique. Serious tones, comical farce and wacky indulgence will all play a part in this journey into another world – a parallel universe where you, the hero, never existed and the bad guys won.

The 6th Age moves forward with the Zamorak Heist – inspired by films like Oceans Eleven and events like the Great Train Robbery - where a crack team of Zamorak’s finest plan to steal back the Stone of Jas. It’s a prize worth risking everything for, although those draped in shadows will not give it up easily.

As we have always said, storylines from the 5th Age are unfinished business and by no means forgotten. We need your votes to decide which storyline gets the treatment it deserves next in the current poll – Vampyres or Floor 61. Regardless of who wins, it will be an epic adventure in 2015. And, there’s no doubt that RuneLabs will throw more amazing quests into the mix later this year.

Community Development

Our newest development team is seeking to emulate the impact of the Ninja team, making a significant difference to your everyday gaming experience in 2015. We want to support the fantastic RuneScape community in new and exciting ways, giving you the tools to have fun and bringing you closer to RuneScape development. We’ve already started with ‘RS TV’, our weekly Twitch stream, but that’s really only the beginning! We want to make more community champions, helping you to become the stars that we know you are.

Ninja and more core game improvements

2014 saw the rise of the Ninjas, who spearheaded improvements to the game, and removed frustrations that get in the way of a gaming session. We’re not about to go and change that, so you can be sure that 2015 will continue in the same vein. Expect juicy patches like a Legacy-style interface for other combat styles, fewer infuriations and clicks when looting items, and a worthwhile use for shops in RuneScape.

Of course, that’s just a taste of the amazing things we have planned for 2015. There’s a whole lot more that we will poll later in the year. The polls, and the potential of RuneLabs, will really change the way we plan our content, allowing us to be more flexible and react to things you want, more so than ever before. RuneScape is a game for everyone and, while the above should give you a good idea of what we have planned, there’s still plenty more to come!

Mod Mark

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Simsmagic posted:

Big ol' wall of text from Jagex regarding their plans for 2015.

Holy poo poo it's absolutely nothing, except revealing the name of quest #200.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
This is how i explained to Joachims generous loan to my brother

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Swicky posted:

This is how i explained to Joachims generous loan to my brother

Leave the gun, take the calzone.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

quote:

Behind the Scenes - January 2015

Happy New Year! Ports expansions, boss pets and the return of Hati and Sköll await!
Boss Pets

26 tiny versions of some of the game’s most fearsome creatures? Yes please! It’s the single biggest launch of pets we’ve ever made outside of the Summoning skill launch, but these bad boys and girls are far more exclusive than normal.

Each one is rare drop, obtainable by killing their larger, more dangerous counterparts around the game. There’s a huge range available, including a mini Nex and Araxxi and a fantastic-looking tiny QBD. Keep your eyes open for a few surprises too, sneaking in from the quack… I mean back.

This is another great project built on your feedback and ideas, from the forums and via our dev blog. If you’d like to see them in action, check out the RSTV ninja episode back in December.

The Ninja Team have also been trawling the forums, social pages, and more to find out what’s been bugging you before fixing your main gripes.
Elemental and Rare Drop Table Rework

We’ve also got a drop table rework planned, this time featuring elementals and the rare drop table, which is linked to hundreds of creatures around the game.

Lots of the old, weirder drops will be removed, replaced with far more useful items like bones, bars, uncut gems and potions. Creatures affected include jellies, dust devils and waterfiends.
Hati and Sköll

The wolf pack is back, plaguing the Fremennik tribes once again with pointed teeth and blood-curdling howls. They will only be here for a few weeks in January, so make sure you hunt them down, and retrieve Eir’s spear and helmet in the process.

Large amounts of XP in a wide range of skills await, plus some pretty cool cosmetic items, if you didn't pick them up previously.
Ports update – Guardians of the World

Our main update this month is a huge expansion to the Player-Owned Ports, determined by you in the hotly contested polls last year. Agility, Dungeoneering and Divination will be the dedicated skills, so you’ll need level 90 in one or more of those skills to take part.

Perhaps the best part of the update though is the ability to send voyages out without actually needing to return to your port, making it really easy to engage with ports whilst getting on with ‘Scapin’. There’s a bunch of other smaller improvements too that'll really float your boat!

We’re introducing 3 crazy new adventurers – a mask possessing an eyeless man, a girl made entirely of divination energy and an exiled gorajo weighed down by guilt, each with unique voyages and links to the strange sea monsters that swim the eastern seas.

New equipment available includes level 85 dual-wielding weapons: a katana and wakizashi for melee, and a seasinger wand and orb for magic. There are brand new scrimshaws too, focused around fishing.

We are also introducing new “clue voyages”, which give cryptic pointers to hidden islands. Once found, these can be regularly visited for stat boosts, captain’s trait removal and the chance to find Tengu cosmetic gear.

Plus, you’ll also gain access to even more building upgrades for the port itself, which look really awesome AND can change your success chances on voyages.
Solomon's Store

Keen to keep up with seasonal trends, Solomon’s got a huge January sale planned, clearing out lots of room for his 2015 range.

There’ll be plenty of bargains to pick up and it'll be your last chance to obtain some of his older offerings, as he will be removing them from his shop in February.

The first part of his brand new range is the “Warm Winter Outfit”, designed to help keep away nasty frosty chills.
Coming Soon – RuneLabs!

Finally, don’t forget that we will be launching RuneLabs early this year: our great new way to take Player Power to the next level.

You’ll submit ideas via a brand new system, and those that get enough support from your fellow players will be reviewed by us and then - potentially - turned into content in the game!

Start thinking now and when the system goes live you’ll be ready to blow everyone away with your awesome ideas. We know that you’ve got concepts even better than ours and we can’t wait to hear all about them.

Have fun!

Mod Mark

RuneScape Design Director

It's alright, at least boss pets are coming out now. :v:

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

For completion's sake, here's the OldSchool 2015 preview:

quote:

OSRS in 2015

2015 will be even more magnificent than 2014. We have plans to offer exciting new content, deliver outstanding content from last year’s polls and continue offering regular quality of life updates. Throughout all this though the principle of you, the community, coming first will be at the forefront of everything we do.

Content

We’re wasting no time at the beginning of this year as the snake boss makes an appearance in early January. You will be able to explore a new area of the map and pit yourselves against the hardest solo boss Old School has to offer. The rewards will see a new type of poison coming to Old School which will give you even more challenges to overcome.

Over Christmas we have been collecting all your feedback on the trading post and we’ll be polling numerous additional features to the trading post in January. We want to make the trading post exactly what you want it to be.

February sees one of the biggest updates to date hit Old School, achievement diaries. Of course, we don’t like to do things by half and want to give you want so we haven’t just got one or two achievement diaries for you… but 10!

Every area of Gielinor is included in the achievement diary update so whether you want to be a completionist or just want something a bit different to do, you will find mountains of content just for you.

March is tentatively when we would like to give you resizable mode. However, resizable mode is a very technically challenging project and there are likely to be numerous as yet unknown roadblocks we will need to overcome. So, although with our best intentions we will like to give you resizable mode in March, it may slip depending on the roadblocks.

The end result of resizable mode is going to be something we think you will love. You will no longer be tied to the small gaming screen (although you can if you like) and with a simple left click and drag you will be able to resize the game to any resolution that suits you.

Also, at some point near the start of the year, we will be offering you a slayer skill update. We will be looking at giving you more rewards for your slayer points, offering some slayer modes and balancing the slayer masters’ task lists to be more relevant. This will be a great update for the slayer fans out there.

Throughout the year you will also hear more and more about Zeah, the new continent. Zeah will allow you to experience that feeling of adventure and exploration you had when you first started playing Runescape. It will have multiple new areas such as a huge sprawling city, new multiplayer bosses and a new PvP arena. There will be something for everyone and we hope that this summer you will be able to visit it for the first time!

Later on in this year we will be looking at polling a new skill for you among many other really exciting things.

Community

Of course, Old School is not just about the new content, it is also about the community. We will be keeping all your favourite holiday events as well giving you something special for our second birthday… and who knows what will happen on April Fools’ Day.

We’ll be looking at ways to encourage more players to stream Old School and make more videos, two areas which have helped new players find Old School and old players rediscover their childhood.

We also want to focus on giving the players more opportunities to get involved in the community and more rewards for doing so. This year we want to start looking into introducing ‘community tokens’ which can be distributed through community events and via community leaders. These tokens can then be spent in a community shop for new cosmetic items and possible housing items.

Advertising & F2P

With the latest F2P trial finishing yesterday you will no doubt want to know the future of F2P. At the moment we do not know. We have plenty of information now and we need to look at that to decide on the next steps. This is likely to take some weeks. However, as soon as we have made a decision we will let you know.

While we are doing this, any new accounts or accounts which have not logged into Old School for at least 90 days will have 2 weeks access to the F2P servers.

Over the last 6 months we have been working on a branding project for Old School. This has included identifying its target audience, creating advertising and marketing strategies and creating and updating the logo. Making sure we are targeting the right people in the most effective way possible is something which will be key to the success of Old School in 2015 which is why we have put so much effort into this project in 2014. The one piece left in the jigsaw is what is happening with F2P. Once we know that then we can move forward with this.

How is Old School looking right now?

2014 has been a year of ‘question answering’. We wanted to answer the questions of bots, Grand Exchange and F2P.

We’re well on the way of answering the question of the Grand Exchange after we have introduced the Trading Post and with some updates you should have a trading system which really works for you. The same goes with F2P, hopefully we now have enough information to make a final decision.

Through various strategies, including the introduction of ‘bot worlds’, improvement of player watch and bringing Mod Weath into the team we have managed to reduce the amount of bots in game by 70%.

Despite the considerable reduction in bot numbers we have seen a growth in players of over 15% during 2014 hitting a peak of 115,000 players logging into Old School each day. With all the exciting things planned for 2015, we expect this year to be even more successful than 2015.

To discuss this, please go to the forums.

Mods Archie, Ash, Ghost, Ian, John C, Mat K, Reach, Ronan and Weath

The Old School team

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!
Happy New Year Goonscape buddies. My passion is drained but I'm sure it's gonna come back soon.

The 200th quest sounds kinda cool but also a bit pointless if it's just an alternate universe!!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Soulhunter posted:

For completion's sake, here's the OldSchool 2015 preview:

So, less than nothing. Great,

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
Hedonquir if you get messages about worms from pubbies I'm not sorry at all.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

palamedes posted:

Hedonquir if you get messages about worms from pubbies I'm not sorry at all.

I have a plan, don't worry.

Exps
Jun 14, 2008
Has any goons had experience dealing with removing your JAG bullshit? Seems like it doesn't like my laptop anymore, but is totally cool with my old desktop. Haven't heard from Jagex about it when I sent them a message. How long does it usually take?

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
This betta mean you're coming back, Hoggie.

Exps
Jun 14, 2008
Yes I am coming back. This time I mean it, but I am not playing on my old loud rear end desktop because Jagex said so.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Are you not sure how to do it, or have you forgotten your questions?

How to disable guide: http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Support_-_General_JAG_Q%26A

Exps
Jun 14, 2008

Pina Coladas posted:

Are you not sure how to do it, or have you forgotten your questions?

How to disable guide: http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Support_-_General_JAG_Q%26A

Yea, the issue is that I can't remember all of the questions, so it'll blocks you.

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer
Hello goonscape!

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Hey bud!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Hi

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

I'm a flipping punching

god drat Airut.

Deadly Theif makes some deadly wrong chat posts.

Come to me Crystal impling, I just logged in.

Lmao like I'm going to pay that much to make insanely nerfed garbage.

HolyWrenchie x Pizza Lady ship. Sick snowboard flips with sinking battleshits.

Rainbow life

:stare:

Pubbie examines

Endy changed it from 'butts' to a compliment to me

More goon examines

Here's your god drat agility xp

Playin these elves

TOKENS

More Crystal imps? Don't mind if I do

Harmonised runite rocks are amazing easy money

Misgendering me is a serious crime Jagex, was the first update of 2015 really that hard to check?

Another lovely Crystal spawn, it kept *wheeze*ing and *huff*ing, in an attempt to woo Endy. At least none of the million pubbies caught it.

Lucky Duckyyyyy! :argh:

This guy must be cool

Ladies making come jokes

This is Jagex's QA team

It rerolled into badder results

Triskelion key rewards

The results of the elite from it

All our lovely statues obtained

And finally, the captcha I got for trying to upload all the above images.

Bonus RSOF Thread: Questions to Bronies and Haters

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Waltthesalt, making the posts I'd make if I cared enough to post on the RSOF ever.

Dwarf
Oct 21, 2010
RSOF best OF.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

I've never played Runescape before but I know of one person who plays it. He's socially inept, smells bad, and constantly hits on underaged girls. It's very creepy.

I've noticed that a lot of people who play the game think that other people view them as part of some unique insider club. In reality some of us feel sorry for those who's life has fallen to such a low level, and others just find it plain pathetic.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Fan loving tastic

I lose my RCB, dbane bolts, dragon rider necklace and ava's because of a server crash

Exps
Jun 14, 2008

palamedes posted:

I've never played Runescape before but I know of one person who plays it. He's socially inept, smells bad, and constantly hits on underaged girls. It's very creepy.

I've noticed that a lot of people who play the game think that other people view them as part of some unique insider club. In reality some of us feel sorry for those who's life has fallen to such a low level, and others just find it plain pathetic.

The only guy I knew who played was some mid 40s guy who was some kind of felon in school. I would never admit to playing this.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Swicky posted:

Fan loving tastic

I lose my RCB, dbane bolts, dragon rider necklace and ava's because of a server crash

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

palamedes posted:

:thurman:

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Is that my loincloth? Or am I just incredibly happy to be done with elfquests?

joachim783
May 9, 2013
todays news post

quote:

Boss Pets: a Ninja Update

We wanted to start 2015 off with a bang, and what better way than to introduce 26 mini pet versions of RuneScape's bosses?

You can obtain each pet as a rare drop from their boss counterpart, and the more kills you rack up the more likely it is that you’ll bag a pet. As you reach a certain kill-count threshold, you will get an increased chance of the boss dropping a pet.

Note that these kill counts are retroactive - we've been tracking them since July. Find out your current total in the Beasts interface.

Do you have what it takes to defeat a boss for the ultimate rare drop companion? If you’ve got the guts, test your skills against the following bosses in game for the chance to pick up a Boss Pet:

Araxxor/Araxxi
Kree’arra
Commander Zilyana
General Graardor
K’ril Tsutsaroth
Nex
Kalphite Queen
Kalphite King
Corporeal Beast
Giant Mole
Har-aken
King Black Dragon
Legio Primus
Legio Secundus
Legio Tertius
Legio Quartus
Legio Quintus
Legio Sextus
Chaos Elemental
Dagannoth Prime
Dagannoth Rex
Dagannoth Supreme
Queen Black Dragon
Most of the pets we’ve added have no requirements other than killing their boss counterpart. The exceptions are:

The King and Queen Black Dragonling pets, which both also require 99 Summoning.
Araxxor and Araxxi’s pets - affectionately dubbed Barry and Mallory - which both require you to have unlocked all the previous spider pets from Araxxi.
Plus, we’ve added a Mega Duckling pet into the game - but it’s up to you to find out how to unlock it!

Happy Slaying!

The Ninja Team

In Other News

The Festive Cheer Christmas events have now ended:
All snowboards are now available from Diango/Ianto, but can no longer be equipped.
The Christmas Cracker emote is now unlocked for everyone who donated at least one piece of cracker paper.
Left over snowballs, Christmas food, cracker jokes, paper and presents have been removed.
Read the patch notes for other updates released today.

patch notes

quote:

5th January 2015

Graphical:

Off-hand weapon override recolours are now saved correctly.

An obsolete tree canopy has been removed from the Trahaearn District.

Players wearing gold athlete's legs will now perform the correct animation when resting with the Arcane Resting animation activated.

Players no longer float near the Prifddinas God Statue site.

A gap in the underside of the curved walkway between the Cadarn and Trahaearn Districts has been fixed.
Players using familiar scroll abilities with a pet override active will no longer stretch out of proportion.

Certain tail overrides no longer stretch while Hefin serenity posts are being used.

Adjusted the colours of the Seren's symbol necklace chain to be gold across all variations.

Aligned the Edgeville Wilderness level to the wall correctly.

The transition travelling between Waterbirth Island and Rellekka has been fixed.

Ghostly druid head eyes now glow correctly on male models.

The magic butterfly net will now override one-handed weapons correctly.

Sextant graphics have been added to the Tool Belt interface.

Skyshadow boots now appear as the correct black colour in low detail.

Fixed a couple of gaps in the scenery in the Meilyr area.

Blocking has been added to the rocks along the waterfalls on Lunar Isle.

Fixed a tile by the Prifddinas shadow rift that made players sink to ground slightly.

The replica Torag's platelegs cosmetic override has been adjusted so that player's leg does not clip with the armour.

Max now uses the updated High Alchemy and pestle and mortar animations.

A patch of blocking that was missing in the Underground Pass has been added.

A blocking issue in the gnome maze has been fixed.

An issue where the Handstand animation would not play properly has been fixed.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:

Ironman characters may now play The Great Orb Project. Rewards are restricted to the cosmetic outfits and a single Blood Altar teleport.

The talent scout near the Hefin Agility Course now gives the player a full minute to talk to him when invited to The Pit.

Searching or attacking a snowpile while hunting will now mention snow piles and not bushes.

Players can now use a monthly reset token on the God Statues D&D if they have completed 4 statues without access to the 5th Prifddinas statue.

The God Statues D&D Tracker interface no longer shows an incorrect completed statues total.
Players can now enter the Crucible minigame via the tutorial.

Delrith in Dominion Tower now has a death animation if the skip victory cutscene option is active.

The Balance Elemental in Dominion Tower now switches combat styles faster.

Some voiceover issues with Damis in Dominion Tower.

Dominion and Ascendancy mines are no longer considered non-stackable when checking for free space when purchasing.

Re-rolling a clue scroll reward will no longer state that another clue has been completed on the
Adventurer's Log.
The antipoison elixir in the Vengeance Fremennik Saga will now work as intended.

Quests, Challenges and Achievements:

Players can now complete the Medium Tirannwn Task 'Harrowed Lands' on the fairy ring island in the Poison Waste.

The Task 'Can I Have some Morvran?' is no longer completed if the player has extended, but not preferred their slayer assignment.

The "Papa Pawya" Tirannwn Task can now be completed using papaya grown within Prifdinnas.
The following changes have been made to the 'Xena-Phile' Tirannwn Task:

Players who have not completed the task will now receive a free attuned crystal weapon seed from Lady Ithell as long as they have not dropped anything in the past 10 minutes and do not possess an attuned crystal weapon seed or an attuned crystal weapon. This also applies to Lady Ithell's storage.

The guaranteed attuned weapon seed drop from combat elves has been removed.

Players who possess an attuned crystal weapon but have not completed the Task can revert their weapon into a seed at the crystal singing bowl and sing another weapon to complete the Task.

The Task can now be completed by making any attuned crystal weapon.

Players who claim an attuned crystal weapon seed and choose not to sing a weapon but destroy the seed instead can claim a new one the following week. Players will not be able to do so once the Task has been completed.

Ironman players will no longer receive Flash Powder Factory or Construction-based Stealing Creation daily challenges.

The final battle in the Heart of Stone quest no longer has a cap on ranged or melee damage.

The shortcut to the lower levels in the Lumbridge Catacombs is no longer closed after Heart of Stone is completed.

Aeonising Raispher is now better at teleporting players to Paterdomus during Darkness of Hallowvale.

A typo in the 'Can I Have some Morvran?' Task description has been fixed.

Several references to Fate of the Gods have been added to Xenia's chat during Heart of Stone.

Several pieces of chat have been added to Azzanadra about the events in Heart of Stone.

Chicken, fox and grain during Recruitment Drive are now visible when picked up by player and it is no longer possible to smuggle them out of the quest.

A case in which Pikkupstix requested earlier objects after giving the player the Rare ingredients in Wolf Whistle has been resolved.

Some level 33 Defence requirements have been removed from functions on the explorer's ring.

Players can now run underwater during the relevant section of the Great Brain Robbery quest.

Gaining level 75 in the relevant skills for Plagues' End is now mentioned in the skill advance messages.

Hartwin will now continue following when entering the trapdoor at the Chaos Temple.

Players are no longer able to use Legendary Pet abilities to access their inventory while marooned on the island during Hunt for Red Raktuber.

The Brink of Extinction quest journal rewards no longer mentions Treasure Hunter Keys twice.

Players no longer become invisible after being teleported to the prison in the Cold War quest.

Nature spirit now correctly states the quest start location.

Players no longer get extra dialogue every time they tell their cat to chase vermin when able to speak to it during the Ratcatchers quest.

Cats are now more effective at catching rats during the Ratcatchers quest.

An issue where the outside world would look torn when facing the rat king during the Ratcatchers quest has been fixed.

The quest journals of the following quests have been updated to reflect combat level calculation changes:

Another Slice of HAM

The Chosen Commander

Creature of Fenkenstrain

Death to the Dorgeshuun

The Feud

Fight Arena

Grand Tree

The Knight's Sword

Land of the Goblins

Missing My Mummy

Monkey Madness

My Arm's Big Adventure

Olaf's quest

Priest in Peril

Shilo Village
Spirits of the Elid

Tree Gnome Village

Troll Romance

Vampyre Slayer

Wanted!

Waterfall quest

Zogre Flesh Eaters

Other:

A toggleable UTC-based clock overlay has been added.

Attuned weapons and armour now degrade to seed rather than to dust.

Attuned crystal chakrams will no longer drop to the floor when thrown.

Buying another hour in a private bossing instance is now cheaper if the relevant Soul Reaper perk is unlocked.

The hunt range of Nex has been increased, so she will now find the player more easily upon spawning.

Dragon slayer gloves now provide the correct boosts when fighting celestial dragons on assignment.

Grand Exchange guide prices now also appear when examined from the Dragonkin coffer beneath the Queen Black Dragon lair.

The Kalphite Queen (plus Exiled) no longer drops oyster pearls in an unnoted form.

Various drops within Hard Mode God Wars boss fights now drop in a noted form.

Dharok can now be killed by Sunshine or Death's Swiftness in Rise of the Six.

Unicorn horns dropped by Ice nihils are now noted.

Players may now purchase items directly within the Wardrobe interface.

Verac the Defiled is now affected by the Ghost Hunter armour's benefits.

Divination XP pop-ups no longer stack up under certain circumstances.

Players can no longer teleport while playing the Ithell district harps.

Skillcape hoods now grant 2000/3000 coins depending on the alchemy spell used.

Players can now only save bank presets when in a bank.

Death will once again automatically initiate the death tutorial conversation after dying for the first time.

Abbot Langley now heals the correct amount of life points.

The "Zaros Zeitgeist", "The Chosen Commander", "Temple Desecration", and "The Duke" songs have been reworked.

The volume on tracks "Violinsanity" and "Flash Factory" has been reduced.

Some music tracks from the Al-Kharid area were noticeably louder than others so have been toned down slightly.

A wider range of elven city music tracks will now play when standing in the Tower of Voices.

Siphoning from an enriched spring now has audio.

The sound effect for opening and closing the Bank interface has been removed.

Updated the sounds for cutting and shaping canoes.

A typo has been fixed in Prifddinas's memoriam crystals 14 and 16.

An issue which prevented players from removing the Menagerie room from their player-owned house has been resolved.

The 'Join Friend' function no longer teleports players to the Wilderness lodestone if the friend is playing Fist of Guthix.

Players attempting to use the Join option from the friends list to teleport to their friends within Prifddinas will now be taken to the correct lodestone.

The amulet of nature no longer refers to the tree patch in Prifddinas as a fruit tree.

The Rellekka Slayer Caves teleport option that is displayed when the ring of slaying or the slayer helm are activated has been renamed to "Fremennik Slayer Dungeon" to remain consistent with the name of the dungeon elsewhere.

Pouches for pig summoning familiars can now be withdrawn as bank notes.

Hard leather boots now appear on the Crafting skill guide.

Bank chests on Neitiznot now have a collect option.

Elnock will now remember that he's taken your butterfly/magic butterfly net when exchanging with him.

The value of the asylum surgeon's ring for the items kept on death interface has been increased.
Players can now use Enchant Onyx tablets on hydrix jewelry.

Searching a desk in Witchaven no longer plays a smithing animation.

Crystal-flecked sandstone now states Plague's End as a requirement in the Mining skill guide.

Living minerals will now be transported to players' banks in the correct amounts if wearing a sign of the porter instead of only one.

Black demons in Edgeville Dungeon are aggressive once again.

Increased frequency of oak log generation by Giant Ent familiars slightly.

An issue that prevented stranger plant familiars producing strange fruit has been fixed.

Spang is now in one location instead of two. the gently caress is spang????????

Updated the "Would you please help me fight...?" quickchat message to add new bosses, and to remove the Queen Black Dragon entry as it is a solo fight.

Changed references to renamed Ancient Magic elements on Fumus, Umbra and Cruor's examine texts.

The Praetor title now has a space before players' display names.

Players will no longer be teleported to Lumbridge if they log out in the God Wars Dungeon under certain circumstances.

A typo on the Bandos-attuned PvM max guild portal has been fixed.

The obsolete 'check charges' option the on cosmetic pumpkin amulets has been removed.

Naff's battlestaff shop will now inform players about the available amount to purchase when a bank pin is entered upon opening the shop.
Fixed issue with Elf City crystal chimes not being equippable from bank.

Shadow cores are now listed as members only in the Divination skillguide.

Players are no longer kicked to their own house's portal when expelled from another player's house in Prifddinas.

Recoloured variants of Ranger boots now have stats matching the standard green pair.

Receiving a draconic visage from the Queen Black Dragon coffers will now broadcast to friends.
Fixed several issues with the bone spear and dagger.

Tweaked the cape information dialogue at the end of the Fight Kiln to reflect the earned capes combat style and the players' chosen combat mode.

A confirmation window now displays when dropping Void Knight robes.

Protean planks may now be used to build grapevine frames.

Forceful Backhand now correctly deals the stated 200% weapon damage to stun-immune targets.

It is now possible to unlock and lock the action bar in the Combat Academy area.

Choosing Zenevivia's dark stone-themed house will now correctly apply it.

Charging elemental orbs now display as a members' activity in the Magic skill guide.

The large gnomeball configuration interface now supports Legacy Mode.

Tweaked some dialogue in the Blue Moon Inn in which female characters referred to themselves in masculine terms.

The message to inform players of divine implings disturbed by tree-shaking scrimshaws has been corrected.

The message for daily challenge item hand-in now references Heriau instead of Fara if relevant.

Players can once again remove their mounted glory amulet from their player-owned house.

Changed the Stronghold of Security to reward players for having an authenticator enabled as JAG can no longer be activated.

The title reward for the "Most Deaths" hiscore has been updated to the prefix: "The Late".

The in-floor Dungeoneering timer no longer displays the wrong time.

Updated various NPC chat to remove references to the ongoing Battle of Lumbridge.

The 'trade complete' jingle for the Grand Exchange has been updated.

Transmuting charms now converts up to 10 charms at a time.

The magic shortbow special attack is no longer accessible on free-to-play worlds.

Ninja fixes:

Cleansing crystals are now a bit cheaper and offer slightly more Prayer XP.

Information has been added to the Titles interface about how to unlock certain elven titles.

Amlodd shadow pet parts now display a loot beam.

Players will now get a message when their harmony moss pillar is fully grown.

Players can now reroll a harmony pillar at the cost of 10 vis wax.

Players now gain significantly more Farming XP from harvesting harmony moss pillars.

Killing edimmu is now more rewarding - the super one even more so.

Players can now check how many times they have completed the statue of Rhiannon at both the Max Guild and in the Tower of Voices.

The chance for attuned weapon and armour seeds to drop from killing a Cadarn/Iorwerth elf has been significantly increased.

The harmonic dust cost to create attuned weapons and shields has been reduced.

The harmonic dust cost to create crystal tools at a singing bowl and Eluned's coin fee to create or recharge crystal tools has been greatly reduced.

The Remote Farm spell now works on harmony moss pillars.

The elf crystal and games necklace teleport interfaces have been updated.

Battlestaves can now be bought in noted form from Lunar isle and Prifddinas.

A loot beam will now appear for keys in Dungeoneering upon opening doors. This can be toggled by turning off loot beams in Death's Office.

Creating a Dungeoneering party will now automatically select the lowest floor and highest complexity available.

Players can now quick chat how many slayer assignments they have completed in a row.

A server broadcast now displays when a player achieves 104,273,167 XP.

The options on the Queen Black Dragon grotworm dungeon shortcut. ???????????

Keris will now appear in players' gravestones when they die.

The animation for summoning a follower has been slightly tweaked.

Players can now automatically fill certain items from within the bank without withdrawing them first, such as Runecrafting pouches.

Numerous animations in Legacy Mode will no longer stop the player from running.

Numerous NPCs have had stretching issues fixed.

Numerous barbarians have had their models and animations tweaked so that they now hold their weapons correctly.

The off-hand chaotic crossbow (broken) now uses the correct equipped model.

Players can now walk while sending off urns instead of standing still then running to catch u

The right-click previous destination option on the Home Teleport button now states what the destination is.

Chickens' walk animations are now more fluid.

Graphically updated Geoffrey Flax in the Seers' Village flax field.

The leather crafting animation has been updated.

Players can now see more information about their opponents buff/debuffs by hovering over the effect.

Spider leg parts will now appear on the Adventurer's Log.

There is now a left-click 'Water' option on allotment, hops and flower patches.

Players are now able to use Charge, Surge and Escape inside God Wars hard mode instances.

Graphically updated the War Tortoise familiar.

The Price Checker interface is now the left-click option on the coin pouch.

Players now automatically deposit their clay tools at the end of a Stealing Creation game.

edit: new clan theme?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z13qnzUQwuI

joachim783 fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jan 5, 2015

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Now even though the Runescape community may be terrible, this made me :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpTAHihwJqM

e: Also, runscape.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
:drat: that runecrafting pouch change. That was the entire reason I didn't do my Wicked Hood every day for double nats. It's such a pain in the rear end to do those pouches by hand.

E: also spang - http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Spang

Also the runscape community is very :shobon:

Magres fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 5, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Now even though the Runescape community may be terrible, this made me :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpTAHihwJqM

e: Also, runscape.

Pro :shobon: click. :probon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

quote:

Searching a desk in Witchaven no longer plays a smithing animation.

I don't know why, but that's loving hilarious to me. Also,

:wtc: