Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pachislot is one of the most ingenious creations I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Man. Black & Bruised looks worse than I thought it would. Fight Night, on the other hand, owns hard. 2004 was the best one.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat is totally right about Hayter :colbert:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Charles Martel posted:

Man. Black & Bruised looks worse than I thought it would. Fight Night, on the other hand, owns hard. 2004 was the best one.

The Gamecube version of Round 2 was the best one because that also came with Super Punchout.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Watching some toku this week and MAN I can't believe Woolie is trying to kill Kamen Rider

Sup Drive/Zaibatsu buddy. I thought the same loving thing.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

This could be in the new Yakuza game.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Commissar Ken posted:

It's like someone keeps wishing on a Monkey's Paw and all the poo poo we want just gets Pachinko versions.

Don't you worry, Shenmue 3 is definitely going to come out eventually. It will just be a CYOA game inside the belly of the beast of Pachinko.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

http://imgur.com/gallery/oIFwYCe

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
And here I thought they just recorded FNF in their apartments.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Rodyle posted:

Pat is totally right about Hayter :colbert:

You mean him being right about Hayter being Solid Snake that shows up to be trained by Big Boss, instead of voicing Big Boss like everyone was thinking? Because I've been saying this since day 1 as well.

e: vvv Everything, everywhere, is a work.

pulp rag fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Dec 31, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
This is the same man that lied to the entire world that Snake will be the main character of MGS2, to the point of replacing Raiden footage with Snake in trailers like the Fortune Boss Fight.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jalVM2qhi0I
Real Steel is actually a pretty decent movie. The fact that the game is way better than it should be, too, is probably more surprising than it really should be.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Tae posted:

This is the same man that lied to the entire world that Snake will be the main character of MGS2, to the point of replacing Raiden footage with Snake in trailers like the Fortune Boss Fight.

As well as showing the Harrier Boss Fight in trailers with Snake instead of Raiden in a location that only shows up in the intro cinematic. Kojima rules. :allears:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

KaosMachina posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jalVM2qhi0I
Real Steel is actually a pretty decent movie. The fact that the game is way better than it should be, too, is probably more surprising than it really should be.

That game had no business looking that fun, it actually had systems and moves had impact and you could have real matches in it.

Also, yaaaay Rule of Rose to completion!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Genetic Toaster posted:

As well as showing the Harrier Boss Fight in trailers with Snake instead of Raiden in a location that only shows up in the intro cinematic. Kojima rules. :allears:

The best thing about that whole ordeal is it was pulled off absolutely flawlessly- NO ONE knew about that game's secret before it came out. This was back in 2000/2001 though and I don't think any developer with that big a name could pull something off like that these days with how quickly (and frequently) leaks gain traction.

As far as big names with lots of money go, I think only Valve could possibly have a chance at something like that because of how insulated they are, but I don't see anyone else trolling the world that hard ever again.

I still remember getting mgs2 for xmas when I was 15, opening its manual and being really confused at the pages dedicated to explaining the swordfighting mechanics :frogbon:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Considering nobody knew pt was actually a silent hill thing, I think kojima's always the exception.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

The best thing about that whole ordeal is it was pulled off absolutely flawlessly- NO ONE knew about that game's secret before it came out. This was back in 2000/2001 though and I don't think any developer with that big a name could pull something off like that these days with how quickly (and frequently) leaks gain traction.

As far as big names with lots of money go, I think only Valve could possibly have a chance at something like that because of how insulated they are, but I don't see anyone else trolling the world that hard ever again.

I still remember getting mgs2 for xmas when I was 15, opening its manual and being really confused at the pages dedicated to explaining the swordfighting mechanics :frogbon:

Oh Raiden. Years of weird people screaming about feminine characters making them gay and then he ends up being the star of the best metal gear game. Kojima.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
The weirdest thing about all of the MGS2 hoopla is being someone whom bypassed the game entirely since I wanted a PS2 for games like GTA III (which was the talk of high school at the time) and Gran Turismo 3. What makes it even more weird is that MGS is probably my favorite PSX game ever. I just never bothered with the rest of the series yet for some reason...maybe because I REALLY like the story in the original MGS and was afraid the others couldn't live up to it? :shrug:

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

This is the same man who wanted to call MGS2 Metal Gear Solid III to "confuse" people. I'm still angling for the V in MGSV not actually meaning 5.

The furigana in the Japanese title throws a wrench into all that, but eh.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tae posted:

Considering nobody knew pt was actually a silent hill thing, I think kojima's always the exception.

Yea remember the only way that was 'spoiled' was a streamer accidentally blundered into the way to trigger it like, what, a couple days after launch, and Kojima's reaction was 'oh, well darn, oh well'.

Kojima can pull this poo poo off still, and it rules.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Hours actually, but Kojima does indeed rule.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Huh, coulda sworn there was a day or so, regardless he managed to avoid the now too common pre launch leaks, which alone is a win.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Matt drops a line in the newest part of Rule of Rose that just BREAKS Pat. Like, he ends up crying with laughter.

I was taking a drink when he said it, and nearly choked. It's so perfect and loving weird.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I gotta wonder just how much wasted time this bad combat system is causing. I mean, they're lucky there's a bucket knight next to the elevator, else that sequence would be even more torturous.

Also, I have to say, I really wanna see Castlevania Judgment on Saturday Morning Scrublords or something. Everyone says how bad it is so I just gotta see it in action.
Would an SSX video be viable? I don't recall if those games had multiplayer. Whatever happened to that weird gritty remake anyway?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

HGH posted:

I gotta wonder just how much wasted time this bad combat system is causing. I mean, they're lucky there's a bucket knight next to the elevator, else that sequence would be even more torturous.

Also, I have to say, I really wanna see Castlevania Judgment on Saturday Morning Scrublords or something. Everyone says how bad it is so I just gotta see it in action.
Would an SSX video be viable? I don't recall if those games had multiplayer. Whatever happened to that weird gritty remake anyway?

I'm pretty sure SSX games have multiplayer. I think it's vertical splitscreen but they have multiplayer.

And the gritty remake got turned into the actually rad a gently caress 2012 SSX game

gently caress, I really want another SSX game now

OneDeadman fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jan 2, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Super happy to see Ippo but now I have a serious worry that we aren't getting Punch-Out!! on the wii

Please tell me that's the fisticuffs even though there's not a lot to the multiplayer. C'monnn.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Hajime no Ippo loving rules and everyone should watch/read it right now because it is HYPE AS poo poo

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
loving Ippo rules.

Jet PUNCHES.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
This part of rule of rose is so uninteresting that most of the conversations are about piss and ball sweat

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Depths posted:

This part of rule of rose is so uninteresting that most of the conversations are about piss and ball sweat

Not to mention fruit juice underwear.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Matt, could you pass along to the relevant department (Pat) that Dark Souls 2 episodes 67 onwards aren't in the DS2 play list.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The reason's Comp's hand looks that weird is because it really is like that. He was born with a deformed left hand so he's missing 3 fingers. I think it's probably why COMP(the song) goes Eennie Meenie whatever.
Also I really like this "betrayal" part. Lotsa new tough fighters and the little details you guys pointed out are a really cool thing to do. I think Flava Flav is coming up in the one concrete arena.
House is actually the training dummy for this game, which makes it a bit surprising that he's actually a kinda competent enough fighter so late into the game.

HGH fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 3, 2015

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
:nws:Indonesian Bob on point.:nws:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Punch-Out!!

I got everything I wanted from Boxing Week!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hey, Matt, I just wanted to say that I came here to tell you I started reading Ippo so I wouldn't get spoiled by your last video (also because I might as well). I'm up to chapter LALLAPALOOZA now so...

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Dias posted:

Hey, Matt, I just wanted to say that I came here to tell you I started reading Ippo so I wouldn't get spoiled by your last video (also because I might as well). I'm up to chapter LALLAPALOOZA now so...

They go into the next four or five fights right after that so if you're hell bent on avoiding spoilers I would say keep going until Date's next fight. Aside from that there's a small mention of stuff Takamura does later but nothing major.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I was hoping Wade Hixton's Counter Punch would show up, but I guess I'm just crazy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Haha the last The Fighting video is already great.

"Put it on Champion Mode"

"Why, what's it do?"

"I dunno"

"WELL gently caress ME THEN!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Liam was actually pretty great in the Punch Out video. Some real good one-liners.