Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Is there anything like Hama Boost or Mudo Boost in this one? I looked over a skill list, and didn't see anything like them, but no idea if it was complete or not. Seems like something like those would make Naoto pretty broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Is there anything like Hama Boost or Mudo Boost in this one? I looked over a skill list, and didn't see anything like them, but no idea if it was complete or not. Seems like something like those would make Naoto pretty broken.

Impure Reach affects both, because instant death is a status effect.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I kind of thought that might be the case, but wasn't sure. Well, guess I know the next skill I'm getting on her Sub-Persona.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

thank god inaba pride was only four floors, it was not a fun labyrinth imo

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Cake Attack posted:

thank god inaba pride was only four floors, it was not a fun labyrinth imo
It's really the fourth floor that overstayed its welcome, but yeah. Still not as bad as EO4's third land though!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I really liked the 3rd labyrinth and I was expecting an even better labyrinth for the next one. Nope, it was a huge letdown. The torch puzzles were not as good as how the 3rd one handled things.

theshim posted:

It's really the fourth floor that overstayed its welcome, but yeah. Still not as bad as EO4's third land though!

Oh god don't remind me of that awful dungeon.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
Thats a shame about the fourth dungeon. I've been sitting at the boss of the third for a few days because I got burned out.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

Naoto, even with impure reach, is pretty bad at sticking panic. Sometimes I'd go through two full Panic Circles before she managed to stick it. Drop a Magic/Agility swap on her and watch what happens.

The P3MC's panic sword didn't work terribly well for me, I had way more luck with the little dude's agility-bind spear, because Luck is his best stat. Anyway, since magic damage is terrible anyway, swap your magickers magic stats into their Luck and watch.

Naoto is the best character for inflicting status effects in the game. You can still miss with Impure Reached panic easily, it's especially likely against the FOEs in the fourth labyrinth which seem to have increased dodge rates in general. It's not that panic is perfect and will hit every time, it's that once it does you've more or less won. They can't dodge, they can't use anything but a regular melee attack which they might even hit themselves with, and they take increased damage if you have Death's Scythe. Still best to take them out quickly because I've had them recover quickly even post Stagnant Air though.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

The fact that you can still whiff with an Impure Reached panic is the reason why it's not a bad idea to have a second party member that has a panic skill as well, to throw out as a back up.

I still don't understand why they made it so that someone affected by panic is unable to dodge at all, to the point that skills such as Lunar Blessing don't trigger if someone that is panicking is attacked.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Is there no bonus Hard As Balls Stratum in this game?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Volt Catfish posted:

Is there no bonus Hard As Balls Stratum in this game?

No. The closest you get is a couple of postgame bosses, who are complete pushovers.

The music is rad though.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Why is the P3 version of the main theme so bad. :barf:

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
So I decided to try out panic since it's highly recommended here, along with power charged shura tensei myriad arrows. It's pretty loving amazing when panic works, except my success rate with landing panic is just as poor as the few posts above mine. Killing sweaty guys in two turns is ridiculous and I can't wait till I hit 55 to make it more broken on Chie.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

You should try it on Kanji if you think it's broken on Chie. Seriously, Kanji is to FOEs and bosses kind of what Naoto is to trash mobs.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

ZeButler posted:

You should try it on Kanji if you think it's broken on Chie. Seriously, Kanji is to FOEs and bosses kind of what Naoto is to trash mobs.

Seriously. Kanji is MVP against bosses.

I've got him with Surt right now and I just love Heroic Gemini.

Zanshinken
Heroic Gemini activates another Zanshinken
Link Damage
Zanshinken again from not getting hit that turn.

Combine that with Attack boosts and it's ridiculous. The only other party member that even comes close to Kanji's damage is Yukiko with her Agidynes.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

If you've got Surt you must have access to Myriad Arrows. No spell in the game can come close to the multihit physical attacks.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Nessa posted:

Seriously. Kanji is MVP against bosses.

I've got him with Surt right now and I just love Heroic Gemini.

Zanshinken
Heroic Gemini activates another Zanshinken
Link Damage
Zanshinken again from not getting hit that turn.

Combine that with Attack boosts and it's ridiculous. The only other party member that even comes close to Kanji's damage is Yukiko with her Agidynes.

You can make Yukiko even more deadly with a Str-Mag accessory, then have her sport a Flame Link build; same with Yukari and Gale Link.

Power Charge isn't transferrable, is it? I guess that's part of what makes Chie so good since she always has access to it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Power Charge is a skill card.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

And there's also an accessory that gives Power Charge, although Kanji doesn't really need Power Charge if you've used both Heat Riser and Dragon Cry on him. Also, his level 55 skill is generally better against FOEs and bosses than Chie's, in my opinion.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

ZeButler posted:

And there's also an accessory that gives Power Charge, although Kanji doesn't really need Power Charge if you've used both Heat Riser and Dragon Cry on him. Also, his level 55 skill is generally better against FOEs and bosses than Chie's, in my opinion.

Yeah, Kanji was my linkmaster, thanks to Dragon Cry guaranteeing he gets the link off before anything else happens. Round 1 Heat Riser + Dragon Cry + Debilitate + Panic Circle + Death Chaser. Second round, Kanji links, everybody else does their thing, and with a little luck Kanji would cap out Infinite Link.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I used Shinjiro mostly because I wanted an excuse to actually USE him in a game but otherwise that was basically my build. Kanji is better but anyone with good strength can pretty trivially be set up as a Link-God.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i cant imagine linking is better than myriad arrow spam

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Cake Attack posted:

It actually is if you get all 8 links on Infinite Link.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

It isn't really but it's at least a little more fun than just making about Myraid Arrow spammer and you can do it before you get Myraid Arrows (if not at full power.)

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

Everybody else was spamming myriad arrows, at the end. I don't know how much damage a hopped up Kanji does with Myriad Arrows, but I know his links, even without weakness, were regularly putting out 4000+ damage after the round 1 I listed before, provided the panic stuck so everything hit.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
Yeah, I was using linking on Akihiko just because I already had Kanji and P4M using Myriad Arrows and wanted a bit of a change.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

Everybody else was spamming myriad arrows, at the end. I don't know how much damage a hopped up Kanji does with Myriad Arrows, but I know his links, even without weakness, were regularly putting out 4000+ damage after the round 1 I listed before, provided the panic stuck so everything hit.

4000 total or per hit?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Per hit would be crazy, I could get over 1k per hit on Hassou Tobi but if you were getting 4k every hit for each link in an Infinite Link chain that's amazing.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

dragon cry, shuren tensai, deaths scythe, uprising, warrior title and power charge can get you 4k+ out of each hit of Myriad Arrows

seeing how much damage i could get out of myriad arrows was my one joy by the end of the game.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Oh, right. I was just thinking of regular unboosted damage.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
So I have Seiten with shura tensei, God's stab, raging fists, and myriad arrows on Kanji with power charge and dragon's cry. Is it worth it to extract and put warrior title onto Kanji even with Chie's mind's eye on the party? Also, does God's stab even boost myriad arrows or is that just for characters with stab weapons?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

How am I supposed to get pst the dolls in labyrinth 3? I've been killing them but they're not easy for me at the moment. I feel like I'm missing something.

Argent Cinereus
Feb 25, 2013
The ones that don't move disappear when the lights are on, so if you can get the lights on in the room with them you can get past.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Argent Cinereus posted:

The ones that don't move disappear when the lights are on, so if you can get the lights on in the room with them you can get past.

Ahh ok, guess I went in too soon.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

MohShuvuu posted:

So I have Seiten with shura tensei, God's stab, raging fists, and myriad arrows on Kanji with power charge and dragon's cry. Is it worth it to extract and put warrior title onto Kanji even with Chie's mind's eye on the party? Also, does God's stab even boost myriad arrows or is that just for characters with stab weapons?

God's Stab boosts all piercing damage you inflict. It stacks with Demon's Stab, too.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Ahh ok, guess I went in too soon.

The light switch is always in the same room they're in. If the switch doesn't seem like it's there, then you might have to find another entrance that gets into a part of the room that they would otherwise be blocking.

Those dolls are really the only annoying FOE in that dungeon; every other FOE there can be killed with Hamaon.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

MohShuvuu posted:

You only get three active buff slots at a time, so if you're using Shura Tensei, Dragon Cry, and Power Charge, well.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I am having so much trouble drumming up the will to continue through the fourth dungeon. It's just....not good. The puzzles are pretty simple to figure out, but a slog to actually get through.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Shura tensei doesnt take a buff slot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

Shura tensei doesnt take a buff slot

Shows me for not using it. But you'd still want a free slot for a Tarakaja if you can anyway.

• Locked thread