Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

Deku sure was on fleek this chapter.

wait, this is actual slang?

wow i got old early

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I dunno, we haven't seen just how much he can intensify that fire power of his. Even the toughest villains rarely appreciate having a hole melted through them, and his control over temperature seems advanced enough that he can probably freeze someone in place and burn them at the same time.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
I think that the important thing is that he doesn't want to leave behind a trail of corpses and maimed villains. It's hard to get popular if you leave behind either charred and badly burnt bodies or shattered and frostbit corpses.

And if you're not popular then what will happen to your branded merch?

FH_Meta fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 5, 2018

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

FH_Meta posted:

I think that the important thing is that he doesn't want to leave behind a trail of corpses and maimed villains. It's hard to get popular if you leave behind either charred and badly burnt bodies or shattered and frostbit corpses.

And if you're not popular than what will happen to your branded merch?

The general rule is that that stops applying when you fight a brick, though, because you probably won't kill or even permanently wound them no matter how hard you hit them. He's conscientious about his powers, but we haven't seen much of an upper limit to what he can do if his target's health and safety isn't a concern.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
I just blew through the entire thing, in about an hour.
Dang it, now I have to wait for more. This stuff is great, really scratches that "Fun superhero story" itch that DC and Marvel haven't been doing for me lately.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

The general rule is that that stops applying when you fight a brick, though, because you probably won't kill or even permanently wound them no matter how hard you hit them. He's conscientious about his powers, but we haven't seen much of an upper limit to what he can do if his target's health and safety isn't a concern.

Well, to a degree, yeah. But unless he decides to become a brick hunter, Todoroki is going to face a lot of squishies, which means that he's got one of Izuku's problems. TOO MUCH HIGH-POWER, MAN. However, unlike Texas Mack and Izuku, he doesn't have to worry (as much) about collateral damage.

FH_Meta fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 1, 2015

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
aizawa likes cats :3:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Advanced temperature control means that he's got some great non-lethal options for dealing with regular people and glass-cannon supers, though. He just has to trap them in ice and then raise the heat until they're too exhausted to fight. I mean, it has its health risks, but it's a relatively safe way to do things.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm glad he decided to stick with All Might's design after everyone told him it was bad, because they are dumb and wrong.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

The thought just occurred to me this morning, and I'm not sure if we've ever discussed something like this either: I think the idea of a Villain Academy would be interesting.

They could be rivals (i.e. VA Tech is Hero Academy and UVA is the Villain Academy) and such. Plus, if you're the ice/fire guy and you freeze/burn someone to death, you get booted from the Hero Academy and possibly picked up and enrolled in the Villain Academy. It would, naturally, be a dark and mysterious place. No one would know where it is, actually.

I think Todoroki Midoriya using his noggin to work through the obstacle course is interesting and all, but I'll say it again. I really want him to come into his super power soon. I'm hoping we're in the preliminary part of the story. Sort of like how in Hunter x Hunter, Gon spends the first so-many chapters taking the Hunter exam. (spoilering in case someone hasn't read/seen the manga/anime) We learn about Gon but the whole experience isn't Gon struggling to become a Hunter. He does. The rest of the story is far better, in my opinion, and interesting after this event.

e: corrected name

Dan7el fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jan 1, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

:ssh: Todoroki IS the fire/ice guy. You're thinking about Midoriya.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Since no one else linked it, the omake for Volume 1. I liked that Bakugou changed from standard shonen hero who ends up causing collateral damage by accident to full blown rear end in a top hat because the former is lame.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Allarion posted:

Since no one else linked it, the omake for Volume 1.

"Hi there, Horie-Kun. Did you see the sketch of you I did for the omake in vol. 1? Yes, the one with the huge knockers! You're welcome :) "

Deceptive
Dec 27, 2012
Red Hot Chilly Peppers seems too perfect. He's really strong and seems to have a very good idea of what it takes to be a hero. Yet he seems kinda callous too. He didn't want to kill those villains because it wouldn't be heroic instead of just not wanting to kill people. Or at least that's how it sounded.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rexides posted:

"Hi there, Horie-Kun. Did you see the sketch of you I did for the omake in vol. 1? Yes, the one with the huge knockers! You're welcome :) "

Maybe she actually has 10 Ton Titties. You ever thing of that, mister negative? I hope Japan's been working on some really high quality robotic back braces for her.

KoB
May 1, 2009
This was posted in the Cosplay thread, and I couldnt help but notice someone in the background.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Rexides posted:

I'd like to think that was some inside joke.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
They were each drawn in completely different styles, so weren't they self-portraits?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
"He just looks like a weirdly jolly old man." And I like All Might even more. :allears:

edit: Also now All-Might's eyes becoming visible when he gets serious makes a lot of sense now when they're supposed to represent his own heroic pride coming through, instead of just doing what he usually does.

tlarn fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jan 2, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It looks to me each assistant drew their own avatar for that page.

tlarn posted:

"He just looks like a weirdly jolly old man." And I like All Might even more. :allears:
His editor and friend do not understand the pure magnificence of his design. :colbert:

(Although the friend's comment is pretty spot-on)

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Rexides posted:

It's just a self-portrait, get off your soapbox.

I Love Annie May fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jan 2, 2015

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
Can anyone recommend a way for me to get updates when new chapters come out so I can stop reading this thread? tia.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Paper Triangle posted:

Can anyone recommend a way for me to get updates when new chapters come out so I can stop reading this thread? tia.

check manga websites obsessively.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
There's a site called, appropriately enough, mangaupdates.

soapydishwater
Feb 11, 2013

definitely not cleansing

Paper Triangle posted:

If you make an account, Batoto lets you follow a series so you see when new chapters are put up.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

soapydishwater posted:

If you make an account, Batoto lets you follow a series so you see when new chapters are put up.

That's perfect. Thank you.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I just got myself caught up. I love the art I love the characters I love the setting this is a great manga and I hope it sticks around for awhile. Bakugou and Eraserhead are the best characters. That is all.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
I use Free Manga Downloader to keep up with everything, myself.
It's basically DomDomSoft Manga Downloader, but without the paywall behind the features and less cosmetic stuff.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
Has anyone heard anything about the vomic that's supposed to be out on the 10th?

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

soapydishwater posted:

it's still a far cry from the golden era of somemanga where it'd default your follows and mark off what you've already read as well

MrCinos
Dec 20, 2011

pinegala posted:

it's still a far cry from the golden era of somemanga where it'd default your follows and mark off what you've already read as well

Kissmanga has similar system where it keeps track of what chapters you've read of every series. I'd recommend to register there, it's very easy to follow bookmarked series.

MrCinos fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 3, 2015

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Mangarock on iPhone and Android does the job best for me.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

pinegala posted:

Mangatraders was the same and it was absolutely perfect.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
haha midoriya totally copying bakudo's thing, but with mines.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I hope these get translated soon.

Also, what the heck is Tail Guy's power, other than having a big and possibly fluffy tail?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tollymain posted:

Also, what the heck is Tail Guy's power, other than having a big and possibly fluffy tail?

Kickass Frieza cosplay.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Obviously that isn't fluff on he tail. It is that thick with pure 100% muscle, and is Hella strong. That is its power.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

Really enjoying the mangaka's commitment to visual gags with the invisible girl.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Zweihander01 posted:

Really enjoying the mangaka's commitment to visual gags with the invisible girl.

I'm really hoping she actually places first in the race and has been watching everyone have trouble with the land mines with amusement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so is this caught up to the raws now?