Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://soundcloud.com/bitemeapplesign/only-one

I think this is probably about as good as a Paul McCartney collaboration could have turned out in 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

This sounds like he's singing from his mom's perspective. It's really cute and I'm kinda tearing up no lie.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

While I get that this has its merits, I'm really hoping that the whole album isn't like this. I know 808s was an important step in his career and everything, but I prefer the direction he went in post-808s so much more that it's not even close, and hearing something new from him that sounds like it belongs on 808s doesn't seem like he's evolving at all.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

The song's dope, and spending New Years morning slowdancing to it was a great way to ring in 2015.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

While I get that this has its merits, I'm really hoping that the whole album isn't like this. I know 808s was an important step in his career and everything, but I prefer the direction he went in post-808s so much more that it's not even close, and hearing something new from him that sounds like it belongs on 808s doesn't seem like he's evolving at all.

All Day doesn't sound like 808s at all, I think the album is going to be varied. There will be rapping.

While the AutoTune is 808s-like, this song tonally doesn't fit on that album at all, and the instrumentation (those McCartney chords) wouldn't either.

I think the song is beautiful "know you're not perfect but you're not you're mistakes"

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I don't like the new song. I don't like seemingly happy, upbeat Kanye.

LuridHalcyon
Oct 12, 2014
This is loving beautiful. Everyone is saying how happy it sounds but the lyrics are kinda heartbreaking. I completely agree with the guy that said it sounds like a closing song for the new album and I find it hard to imagine it being used anywhere else, but you never know with Ye.

A happy new year indeed.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Mr. Flunchy posted:

The song's dope, and spending New Years morning slowdancing to it was a great way to ring in 2015.
Did you do the twirl that white people do? How many times?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
this song is the most ridiculous, bizarre, quintessentially kanye thing ever. but also the keyboards are awesome and it's a pretty drat good pop song??

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I really liked that a lot. Really personal, and a nice tribute to write a song about your mother and your daughter. Doesn't sound like a song that'd make it onto an album, though. Here's hoping that Kanye just puts out every cut track this time.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Bown posted:

this song is the most ridiculous, bizarre, quintessentially kanye thing ever. but also the keyboards are awesome and it's a pretty drat good pop song??

Well, when you collaborate with one of the best pop writers of all time...

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

DrAlexanderTobacco posted:

Someone made a Christmas-themed version of Yeezus and it's surprisingly good. https://soundcloud.com/local-business-comedy/sets/kreezus

I recommend New Sleighs, Hold my Eggnog, I'm In It (The Chimney)

God drat I'm late on this but holy poo poo.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man
By the way, word is that Kanye turned in the album to Def Jam this week.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

a milk crime posted:

So it's gonna be leaking soon? I hope that's what you're saying.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

a milk crime posted:

It's not done. He played a few more songs for them but ye albums are not done until midnight of itunes release. yeezus had differences between the itunes and physical pressing release

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

atrus50 posted:

It's not done. He played a few more songs for them but ye albums are not done until midnight of itunes release. yeezus had differences between the itunes and physical pressing release
Wait, really? I knew he was working on it until right before it got released, but I didn't know anything was different between releases. What were the differences?

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I think the only difference was that the CD version of Black Skinhead had... I think Lupe Fiasco? saying the 'for my theme song' line, and the iTunes didn't.

I could be confusing the two or also be completely wrong :shrug:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nah you're basically right. I think the iTunes version had just Lupe and the CD had him doubled up with Kanye

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Is that what happened with the Ghostface verse on New God Flow, or was that just missing off the leaked version of the album?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
IIRC it was just an addition, that song came out as a single way ahead of the album. Pretty sure it was on whatever leaked.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

thathonkey posted:

IIRC it was just an addition, that song came out as a single way ahead of the album. Pretty sure it was on whatever leaked.

I remember an early leak that didn't have it anyway, because I remember being pleasantly surprised by the version on Spotify. There's a different version of To The World too, where the "and the score" line isn't as pronounced.

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 13, 2015

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Ye, Rihanna and Paul McCartney just dropped that new song.

https://www.audiomack.com/song/hip-hop-vital/fourfiveseconds-feat-kanye-west-paul-mccartney

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

the gently caress is this

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That's some good poo poo. But where was Paul McCartney in it? Was he playing guitar or doing backing vocals or what?

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

That's some good poo poo. But where was Paul McCartney in it? Was he playing guitar or doing backing vocals or what?

He's the guitar and he's one of the backing vocalists.

On first listen I didn't love it, enjoyed Only One a lot more. But it was stuck in my head and I've listened to it like six times now and really love it.

I've loving the prospect of an uplifting Kanye album. There really hasn't been one since Graduation.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
like drat I liked 808s and I liked Only One a lot but that track is a loving Plain White Ts song with autotune

though I do dig the irony of Kanye going from the most aggressive music he's ever made straight to Jams for Moms

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
This is a Rihanna track anyway, so it's not gonna be on a Kanye album

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
If you all don't mind, I want to go back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJJQJy6mHSA

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

Answers Me posted:

This is a Rihanna track anyway, so it's not gonna be on a Kanye album

The producer already stated that it's going to be on both of their new albums (as in, its on Kanye's new album as well).

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

The producer already stated that it's going to be on both of their new albums (as in, its on Kanye's new album as well).

The same song is going to be on both albums? I have never heard of that before.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

rear end Catchcum posted:

The same song is going to be on both albums? I have never heard of that before.

Jessie J and Ariana Grande (:allears:) both had "Bang Bang" on their respective albums.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Kanye and Twista both had "Slow Jamz" on their albums as well. It's not totally out of the ordinary in hip-hop.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Wow that is dumb as gently caress what happened to the concept of the album

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Yeah, what the gently caress, next thing you know, there's going to be cover songs on albums.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

Kanye always embraces the concept of the album but a song being on two doesn't disqualify that you philistine

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
You all just got trolled by someone named rear end Catchcum

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Kanye is a genius

http://www.vibe.com/article/apc-2015-collection-titled-last-niggas-paris

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I didn't think I could dislike the French more, but I stand corrected

Adbot