Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

ullerrm posted:

This is why FYAD can't have nice things.

Does it change anything besides the graphics? 2033 was already a decent-looking game. There were basically only two parts I didn't like:

1) Hoarded military-grade ammo the whole time only for the game to end before I used it all
2) The acid trip minecart ride felt like a cliched rip from Stalker.

It adds the spartan mode from Last Light so you can play it a bit more like a shooter, there's a couple of dialogue/morality system changes and the hud etc is more like Last Light's. I believe theu revamped the ending level too but I'm yet to get that far. The lighting is, to me, improved in places and it sounds great, but bear in mind I played the 2033 version years ago on 360 and I'm playing this on my PC set to full wow. The acid trip bit was ok, though not as good as similar moments in STALKER, but I thought the 'ghosts' chapter was cool, i turned away from a light source, could see shadows of a bunch of people on the ground but when I turned back there was nothing there. Lots of nice incidental touches like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Widestancer the FYAD

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
oh man do you guys remember newgrounds? cause i got this game from there on my ps4 called binding of issac

look, you can throw poo! can you imagine?!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah binding of Isaac is a dumb and unfunny game unlike goon scared cows such as saints row, borderlands and South park lmao

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

yeah but all those games are fun and binding of isaac is just kinda ehhhhhhhh

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
BoI actually rules very very hard.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
A guy who owns what was once one of the biggest media sites on the internet and has tons of internet connections somehow gets way more exposure and positive press than usual? I'm sure it's totally a coincidence man.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Stux posted:

yeah binding of Isaac is a dumb and unfunny game unlike goon scared cows such as saints row, borderlands and South park lmao

STFU human being!

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

axleblaze posted:

BoI actually rules very very hard.

Not really. Its really slow and nothing exciting happens.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

STFU human being!

whoa

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjBRNqwDPrU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i'm sorry Kewpuh

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

seems like you should start a promising youtube career where u get a 500 win streak on hard mode >:)

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i'll sub if u sub back

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

THE PENETRATOR posted:

seems like you should start a promising youtube career where u get a 500 win streak on hard mode >:)

yea i agree opinions are worthless unless you can back them up with proof that you've mastered the game

post your dick and prove you've mastered the posting game

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
no, i'm not trolling here, i'm completely loving serious.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
note: my posts are never jokes , and are never disparaging , and are always serious

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

yeah but all those games are fun and binding of isaac is just kinda ehhhhhhhh

all of them are bad inc boi

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i encourage everyone in this thread to create a video game youtube channel.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

That's really dumb. Why would you continue doing something you don't enjoy? I'll just continue playing good games on the Wii U. You can make a youtube vid of you playing a bad game if you want though.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i already did and it was me playing xcom

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Naw.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE
Why is blinding of Isaac supposed to be good anyway? It looks kind of boring

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Problem Sleuth posted:

Its a twirl around two analogue stick simulator with poop, rape, and abortion references lower brow than south park.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
if that's your opinion then that's fine with me, but in my opinion it's not.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

THE PENETRATOR posted:

note: my posts are never jokes , and are never disparaging , and are always serious

same

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Its a twirl around two analogue stick simulator with poop, rape, and abortion references lower brow than south park.

Hm. The twirl around shooter bit sounds kind of fun actually but I can't say I really want to play a poop rape abortion game. I guess it's good I didn't shell out :tenbux: for it on the sale

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Problem Sleuth posted:

It's a cool little rogue like shooter that has dozen upon dozens of powerups that often combine in cool fun ways. There's alot of challenging stuff to do and the more you play the game the more poo poo it throws at you. It's one of those games where you never really have the same run twice and things can suddenly happen that change everything for better or for worse. It's a game that drives you forward just because your curious to see what the game will throw at you this time. It's a cool game. People can not like it I suppose but I find that there's alot there.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Id rather just play smash TV or maximum carnage again to be honest.

I should clarify that I don't feel it's awful just that it is boring.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Problem Sleuth posted:

Hm. The twirl around shooter bit sounds kind of fun actually but I can't say I really want to play a poop rape abortion game. I guess it's good I didn't shell out :tenbux: for it on the sale

It's a fun game and while it's technically a twin stick shooter it doesn't play a drat thing like the ones that are out there.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

It's a fun game and while it's technically a twin stick shooter it doesn't play a drat thing like the ones that are out there.

And it only took them three years to add in the actual support for twin sticks.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Id rather just play smash TV or maximum carnage again to be honest.

I should clarify that I don't feel it's awful just that it is boring.

I'm not gonna guarantee your gonna like it but it does get more intense as you play. The lower floors can be brutal and once you unlock "everything is terrible" it get pretty hard. Then there's playing with the hidden characters to add even more challenge.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
It's a pretty good game despite the terrible theme and graphics, it would be perfect if it was in space instead. Thanks for tuning in, bye.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Sleeveless posted:

And it only took them three years to add in the actual support for twin sticks.

the original game was made in flash. It was gonna start out as this small thing and by the time they wanted to make it more full, it was too late to really go back without throwing away quite a bit of work. It still was a game that ran terribly and there's no real excuse for that, but they at least had a reason.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Binding of Isaac is a really good roguelike game but it has a really divisive aesthetic. If it weren't for the excessive gore and toilet humor that makes up everything in it, I would recommend it more but I know it's not for everyone solely because of how it looks.

Which is a shame because there's a ton of content in it and it's mostly all good.

Solid game, terrible aesthetic basically.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Up to the Elves posted:

sometin about fetuses n poo poo gently caress YOU MOM i love this game

it's *~edgy~*

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's chill.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Stux posted:

actually they're all really bad and unfunny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
i'm the incredibly lovely goon poster who thinks good games are bad

• Locked thread