Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

0083: Bad writing.

I think I won't touch those series with a 10-foot pole now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

But you watched 08th MS Team which also has really bad writing? 0083 at least has it being really good looking going for it. 08th MS Team has... the Gouf Custom I guess?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Who cares about 0083's writing. Watch it for the sweet animation.

Also I expect Bandai to be equally crazy in 2015 as 2014. There are only so many suits they have to make models of so they have to be a little crazy to keep the plastic crack flowing.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jan 3, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
RG GM, RG Gouf, and RG Ground Gundam have been in planning hell for... four years now? Anyway it's not all that weird of a guess.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

BlitzBlast posted:

RG GM, RG Gouf, and RG Ground Gundam have been in planning hell for... four years now? Anyway it's not all that weird of a guess.

I'm pretty sure the image you're referring to was just a silly promo thing. Since the only thing from it to ever materialize from it was the Z'Gok and it was Char's at that.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

The things both of them have going for them is the sheer kickassery of the mech design. The GP-01 and Gerbera Tetra are two of my favorite designs and AGE has badass space dragons, the AGE-FX which is the Nu Gundam if it shoved funnels into every orifice, and the AGE-1 Titus, which is a wrestler expansion for the first Gundam in the series.

EDIT: At least 08th MS Team had a dopey as hell love story instead of Stardust Memories which just made you want to put your head through a wall.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

It's for the best. I can't actually vouch for the quality of AGE having never seen it myself, but pretty much everything I've ever seen about it agrees that it was pretty lovely, aside from the mobile suit designs, which were actually pretty cool.

As for 0083, I suffered through it up to about episode 8, at which point I gave up on it. Despite owning all four DVDs, I've never watched it to completion because of just how much stupid contrived bullshit occurs to keep the plot rolling along.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

YamataNoOrochi posted:

It's got soldering too!

:pwn::pwn::pwn:

Uznare posted:

But you watched 08th MS Team which also has really bad writing? 0083 at least has it being really good looking going for it. 08th MS Team has... the Gouf Custom I guess?

Yes but 0083 Bad Writing is not in the same league as 08th Team.
Also it has RX-78 ground type, best gundam.

Ka0 fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 3, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Uznare posted:

I'm pretty sure the image you're referring to was just a silly promo thing. Since the only thing from it to ever materialize from it was the Z'Gok and it was Char's at that.

They already have the frame for RG GM and Ground Gundam, and Gouf is a plausible edit to the Zaku frame. They're all popular enough designs to sell too, so it's really just a matter of time.

And unfortunately, sometimes things just take a while. Origin might do it. :shrug:

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Still waiting on the Guncannon 2.0 that was definitely coming with MG Guntank and RX-78 2.0 :smith:

How is MG Guntank, by the way? Obviously I wouldn't expect it to be super poseable, but I love the original series designs and how unique Guntank is compared to everything else. Can the LED that it comes with be used in another kit if I want to, or does it not include a normal neck assembly to replace it?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

MG Guntank is actually way more poseable than a tank should ever be. It's pretty much amazing, probably one of the best tank models in existence if you can look past the whole cartoony robot thing. And yes, its LED can be recycled. It's the same one the 3.0 web exclusive pack comes with I think.

Have fun with those treads though.

JimmyBiskit
Nov 15, 2007

MJP posted:

Hi5 Rexbro

It's a hell of a fun build, no? Nice to see a company caring about really getting the seams hidden.

Oh man, yeah. Time consuming as hell, but the build had a lot of 'whoa' moments for me as things started taking shape. Easily worth the pricetag/hours put into it. I clocked in somewhere around 12ish total so far, and I still have the radar dome piece to finish, which I'm gonna go work on now, actually. Probably gonna look into getting the Ray as well.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Dammit. I'm making my display shelf all War in the Pocket. But I hadn't considered until now when I'm laying it all out: The Zeon suits used at that point are all WAY bigger than their Feddy counterparts. I think I'm gonna have to buy more Jims so their space is even.

The Hygogg on it's own is like, 3 Jims of space.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I just grabbed some Mr. Surfacer with my plasma money (literally plastic crack...), any tips/tutorials on using it? I'm guessing brush it into cracks, swab with alcohol q tip to clean up any excess, dry and paint?

edit: You can never have enough jims. Get two more cold types for a full squad, and a second sniper so the first one has a spotter buddy. :yayclod:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Dammit. I'm making my display shelf all War in the Pocket. But I hadn't considered until now when I'm laying it all out: The Zeon suits used at that point are all WAY bigger than their Feddy counterparts. I think I'm gonna have to buy more Jims so their space is even.

The Hygogg on it's own is like, 3 Jims of space.

I think I'm gonna use Jims as a unit of measurement.

"This box takes up about 15 Jims worth of space".

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Warmachine posted:

I just grabbed some Mr. Surfacer with my plasma money (literally plastic crack...), any tips/tutorials on using it? I'm guessing brush it into cracks, swab with alcohol q tip to clean up any excess, dry and paint?

Which one? If you intend to use it for seam filling I hope you got 500.

Honestly, like most lacquers Mr Surfacer is best used with an airbrush. For best results you'll want to thin it; try 60% Mr Surfacer, 40% lacquer thinner.

Alcohol doesn't wipe away lacquer based stuff that well, so you'll want some lacquer thinner anyways.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
If 2015 really gives us an RG Qubeley, I will die in an explosion of cum and plastic.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Broken Loose posted:

If 2015 really gives us an RG Qubeley, I will die in an explosion of cum and plastic.

Is that a rumour? Are they doing ZZ first?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

RG GM and Groundam is both a realistic option and something I would throw so much money at.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Mechanicore, I know I complimented you on your plastic quality, but that doesn't mean you're allowed to have quite this many problems with part fitting and leftover molding. Their engineering is absolutely beautiful though, and it is their first project so I'm willing to cut them a little bit of slack. If these guys had Bandai-level mold work, they'd make more money than god.

That's a good five hours of work right there. This is an amazing kit.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BizarroAzrael posted:

Is that a rumour? Are they doing ZZ first?

They could sort Qubeley under Zeta, which is having its 30th anniversary this year. That's what the prediction is based off of. ZZ's also on the prediction list since it's the next Gundam in UC to make an RG off of. That being said, ZZ would be ridiculous for an RG unless they finally figure out transformations.

EDIT: Just to get more money out of Blitz they're also predicting an MG and HG G-Falcon.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

TARDISman posted:

They could sort Qubeley under Zeta, which is having its 30th anniversary this year. That's what the prediction is based off of. ZZ's also on the prediction list since it's the next Gundam in UC to make an RG off of. That being said, ZZ would be ridiculous for an RG unless they finally figure out transformations.

To this day, I still believe that Tomino requested the designer make the ZZ's transformation as gimmicky and complicated as possible as a giant middle finger to Bandai.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

To this day, I still believe that Tomino requested the designer make the ZZ's transformation as gimmicky and complicated as possible as a giant middle finger to Bandai.

I would 100% believe that, hell half the original designs in Turn A, Zeta, and Reconguista are kinda middle fingers to Bandai.
"Fine, you want a new mobile suit? Here, make this profitable."

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I would buy the hell out of a FLAT. :colbert:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

I would buy the hell out of a FLAT. :colbert:

I have heard nothing but good things about the NG FLAT.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Warmachine posted:

I suggest snap building it first just to see where all the bits end up when in the two modes. It'll give you a better idea how you want to do the paint job. Nip and sand the nubs, but don't bother with paint or decals until you figure that out.

Thanks. From just looking at all those moving parts and such I'm thinking it might be easiest to paint the armour plates and such separately, and then assemble them. Is that a reasonable way to go at it?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I would buy 3 WADoms if they actually made them to scale.

Speaking, seeing as there's a HG1/144 X divider, double X and Airmaster, Is there also a Leopard in that scale?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

lilljonas posted:

Thanks. From just looking at all those moving parts and such I'm thinking it might be easiest to paint the armour plates and such separately, and then assemble them. Is that a reasonable way to go at it?

The reason I suggested what I did was on the off chance you were doing an asymmetrical paint job. Snap-building first helps eliminate some guesswork by showing you were each part will end up after transforming. If you wanted the best of both worlds, you can hollow out the holes a bit so that the parts come apart easier (at least for things like the thighs and forearms, head, that kind of thing that doesn't articulate) and then glue them together when you do the final build. I remember reading that tip in one of the old OP's guides.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Ka0 posted:

I would buy 3 WADoms if they actually made them to scale.

Speaking, seeing as there's a HG1/144 X divider, double X and Airmaster, Is there also a Leopard in that scale?

Nope, but considering Airmaster was done last year, Leopard is pretty likely. In a perfect world, we'd also get Jenices, Airmaster Burst, and Leopard Destroy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

I think we're gonna get another Endless Waltz RG after the 00 Gundam rather than one of those, just because they implied the full set pretty heavily throughout the Wing Zero Custom's previews.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think we're gonna get another Endless Waltz RG after the 00 Gundam rather than one of those, just because they implied the full set pretty heavily throughout the Wing Zero Custom's previews.

Come on, Heavyarms.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Literally The Worst posted:

Come on, Heavyarms.

It would be loving hilarious if we got RG Heavyarms Kai EW before the MG, despite the MG being 90% done already.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Literally The Worst posted:

Come on, Heavyarms.

The Heavyarms is probably either going to be first or last of the four due to its popularity. and I really really hope it's the former :rolldice:.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I think a really nice Heavyarms is one of the very few things that can get me to stray from my Zeon amphibious-unit love.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The only way I'll ever buy a Wing is if they release Heavyarms because I will, inevitably, want all five to have the complete set.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

TARDISman posted:

ZZ's also on the prediction list since it's the next Gundam in UC to make an RG off of.

RG ZZ is basically never happening, it's way too loving complicated.

quote:

EDIT: Just to get more money out of Blitz they're also predicting an MG and HG G-Falcon.

MG G-Falcon isn't happening unless they plan to commit to MG Leopard/Airmaster. HG's feasible, though.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ZZ's way too complicated and Nu and Unicorn are both pretty large and Unicorn's still riding the high from the PG while also being not quite as complicated as ZZ but still pretty weird. We're going to be getting random stuff from MSG-Zeta timeframe pretty much for UC stuff for the rest of time. Hell, I'm surprised they haven't announced a regular Z'Gok, just for the sake of whatever.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TARDISman posted:

Hell, I'm surprised they haven't announced a regular Z'Gok, just for the sake of whatever.

Probably because the RG Z'Gok's still relatively recent.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Almost every single one of Gtoy's 2014 predictions turned out to be wrong and there's no reason to expect this round to be any different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Well yeah, but it's fun to speculate.