Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

chaosbreather posted:

so was klepek fired or did kotaku poach him?

it's funnier to think he was fired but they probably cut his wages so low he couldn't afford to live in the cheapest shittiest city in the country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Liquid Penguins posted:

he couldn't afford to live in the cheapest shittiest city in the country

detroit?

Ratzinc
Aug 14, 2004

MY BALLS ARE THE SIZE OF GRAPEFRUITS

chaosbreather posted:

so was klepek fired or did kotaku poach him?

From his Tumblr it sounds like he wanted to leave:

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
literally crying :cry:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
i am literally crying right now

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i was crying, jeff was crying we were all crying

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I'm watching the Persona 4 Endurance Run and Jeff used to be much funnier. RIP Ryan, I think his death broke Jeff.

whenever jeff is in videos his eyes kind of look soulless

maybe this is releated

spacebrospiff
May 2, 2013

he needs a new BFF. hopefully his new? gf helps to mend the wounds.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whoever that girl in the zero suit samus outfit on Halloween playing evolve was was funny, she should be on more regularly.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Whoever that girl in the zero suit samus outfit on Halloween playing evolve was was funny, she should be on more regularly.

I want to gently caress her.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I think she works for game spot. They should poach her and Danny and ship them to New York

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I want to gently caress her.

Me too.

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Please be respectful of Mary Kish she is a good videogamesman and deserves better than this horribleness.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

she was really cool cuz she actually understood and could discuss the mechanics in the game she played which is rare for just about anyone in her position

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Yeah get mary kish. Id love to see her. She's a, uh, great wit.

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Jeff's already said on his tumblr that they're looking for someone news focused to add to their new york branch

spacebrospiff
May 2, 2013

http://blog.jeffgerstmann.net/
jeff answers some of your questions

Are you thinking about filling the editorial (written) void left by Patrick, or just planning to focus on video content and/or adding another member to GBeast?

We’ve been hiring since, like, a day or two after Patrick gave notice. We’re looking for an experienced, news-focused person to work out of our New York office.

The way GOTY for staff is done is just hosed up. Brad gets Destiny on the list because he argues louder and longer and it goes to #10 because everyone sees 5-10 as filler slots that are there to appease people. More people on staff enjoyed other games over Destiny. Brad alone enjoyed Destiny the most, does that really mean it should be on the staff pick for GOTY? He has his personal top 10 list to put that on. Also if only a couple staff play a good game it can't make it too high in this setup.

If people felt more strongly about it, they should have fought harder to keep it off!

superboy-prime asked:hey would you consider doing away with the overall GB GOTY list and just doing them individually? I realise I can just not listen, but 3-4 hours of Brad and Alex throwing tantrums about their respective favs is maybe the worst thing you guys do each year.

Quite a few people seem to like the way we do that thing, but thanks for the suggestion.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

Please be respectful of Mary Kish she is a good videogamesman and deserves better than this horribleness.

She's knows her poo poo, bounces off everyone well and she is sexy to boot. She's the total package.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
Mary loving killed it in the Resistance board game video. I'm so glad there are good Gamespot peeps to bring over every once in a while.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

danny o'dwyer also rules

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Alex was p respectful in goty podcasts this year imo. gently caress that tumblr dude.

I would take Danny over Mary but they should both be in more board game videos regardless.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I wonder how big Jeff dick is

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Jason part of the recap things is good.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's a couple frames in the Brad one where he looks 100% like a bearded baby reaching into a back of small toys.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

#Penthaus

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Haha they had to block comments in Patrick's goodbye post.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

They cant block this comment:
Good luck dawg

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
hahaha, he signed it with -pk

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

klapman posted:

hahaha, he signed it with -pk

I guess that's better than Patty K.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Jeff Gerstmann: PK Fire! :D

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You might know me, you might not, but thank you

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Heh.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

quote: